PDA

View Full Version : Somebody make it stop.

GottaHavePride
11/17/2006, 12:30 AM
ESPN.coms front page. "Countdown to Judgment Day"? Could we give the Ohio State / Michigan crap a rest?

AzianSooner
11/17/2006, 12:34 AM
It is a fellation to those teams.

GottaHavePride
11/17/2006, 12:38 AM
Seriously.

Hey, ESPN!

http://www.planetboredom.net/media/17/You%20make%20bunny%20cry.jpg

SoonerDood
11/17/2006, 12:56 AM
Ohio State-Michigan is THIS weekend? Is it on TV anywhere? Maybe Regional Broadcast? ???

StoopTroup
11/17/2006, 01:12 AM
I watched the 1996 buckeye/wolverine game on espn classic today.

13-9 Michigan.

It really wasn't all that great a game except that Meat chicken came out in the 2nd half and shut oSu completely down.

Rhino
11/17/2006, 01:35 AM
I remember posting this thread on Sunday. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82864)

IronSooner
11/17/2006, 01:41 AM
I think it's as complete joke that they've been able to start this countdown so long ago. Speaks highly of the Big Ten.

TheLadiesMike
11/17/2006, 01:53 AM
I really didn't like the commercial that starts, "A century so young already has its game...."

Seriously, the game has not been played and we're 6 years into the century, and they're calling it the game of the century?

GottaHavePride
11/17/2006, 03:04 AM
I remember posting this thread on Sunday. (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82864)

Yes, but mine has a cute picture of a sad bunny. :D

SoonerSloan
11/17/2006, 03:25 AM
I think it is going to be a very good game... at this rate this game might end up getting more attention and press than the NC game. But all this "anticipation grows" stuff is getting old. I'm anticipating the game for the sole reason that it will be over and they will just shut up and move on. You get a game shoved down your throat enough, you just begin to resent it.

Will i watch it? sure, the game will decide the national title picture, but enough of the hype. it probably will not nearly live up to it...

soonerboomer93
11/17/2006, 03:57 AM
It's rather amusing. I think they did an OU/Neb "Game of the Century" in 2000 (maybe 2001). I have to check at home, but I'm pretty sure I have some of the graphics from it.

fadada1
11/17/2006, 08:08 AM
I really didn't like the commercial that starts, "A century so young already has its game...."

Seriously, the game has not been played and we're 6 years into the century, and they're calling it the game of the century?
i gotta agree.

and of course most of us are SOONER faithful here, but 2000 and 2001 OU/neb games were pretty big too - also mentioned by bs93. i would say the 2000 OU/neb game was bigger because it was a resurection game for us (and righted the ship back to where it belonged). yes, of course i'm biased.

what about every BCS championship game. the game we don't speak of with huge (****off auburn, you didn't belong there).

don't get me wrong, this game is huge. but no more huge than others that have happened in the past 6 years.

thanks for listening, i'll take it off the air...

SoonerDood
11/17/2006, 08:15 AM
"We're 6 years into the century, and we've already had 10 "Games of the Century!"- Charleton Heston

sanantoniosooner
11/17/2006, 09:16 AM
It's the Game of the Century of the Week.

Ash
11/17/2006, 09:23 AM
But it's the biggest game with the bestest teams from the goodest programs EVARRRRRR!!!1!11

Scott D
11/17/2006, 09:25 AM
Hah...try LIVING up here. That being said, the Michigan fans I've talked to this year have wished well on AD's recovery, been curious if he'll play again this year, will return for his senior season. Wished our program the best of luck, and weren't surprized by shenanigans in Autzen so were sympathetic in that regard.

Ohio State fan...well, let's just say they have a tendency to make Texas fan seem saintly.

bstuff1979
11/17/2006, 09:27 AM
If this crap continues any longer, I may inadvertently become a Pac-10 fan. I don't want that, I wouldn't wish that on texas. Yeah, it's a big game but these two haven't really done much lately to seperate themselves as 1 and 2. I'd take Arkansas over either one on a neutral field. Hell, I'd give OU a shot over Michigan. What bothers me the most is that ESPN has forgotten that there are many many other games yet to be played. I'm much more interested in who will be playing the winner of this game than I am finding out who that winner will be. Maybe I'd be all geeked up about the game, but ESPN has been so overzealous about the whole thing that I'm considering popping in 2000 OU Neb. in the vcr instead.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/17/2006, 09:29 AM
I don't even think that this game merits the attention. Michigan looks ok to me, but not great. tOSU is going to rout them.

This game is always a big deal anyway, but since the team are 1, 2 in the polls... well, a month of hanjobbin to get more viewers.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/17/2006, 10:25 AM
Michigan-Ohio State...I thought they was talking about the Louisiana-Lafayette-Florida International game...Mich. and tOSU arent the only teams with perfect records

starrca23
11/17/2006, 10:30 AM
I just hope they don't meet again for the National Title. What would that be.....the game of the Milleneum???

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 10:34 AM
Guys, quit looking at the dark side of this thing and look for the positives. For instance, how much have you heard about Alabama/Auburn?

Luthor
11/17/2006, 10:35 AM

Actually, the game of the century was played and won by Texas last January. I plan on counting the number of times Musburger makes a Vince Young reference about Troy Smith play.

bstuff1979
11/17/2006, 10:41 AM
So far, for the semi-annual game of the century, we've had (and I'm sure I'm missing a few):
2000 OU vs. Neb.
2005 Orange Bowl OU vs. suc
2005 ND vs. suc
2006 Rose Bowl texas sucks vs. suc
2006 tosud nuts vs. yer my boy blue

The_Red_Patriot
11/17/2006, 10:53 AM
ha, every video on espn is about ohio st--michigan.

OHIO ST WILL BLOW MICHIGAN AWAY!!!!!

It pains me to see that but the Llyod Carr big game factor will finally take a toll.

I hope I am wrong

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/17/2006, 10:54 AM
Guys, quit looking at the dark side of this thing and look for the positives. For instance, how much have you heard about Alabama/Auburn?Excellent...and domer talk lately has been way down from the normal media drumbeat.

Ash
11/17/2006, 11:36 AM
I just hope they don't meet again for the National Title. What would that be.....the game of the Milleneum???

THE GAME TO END ALL GAMES!!!!

Both teams get to claim the championship for this game and the next ten years without having to say it's a "co-championship." Each gets their own TV network and a Musberger clone to fellate them every possible moment on said network.

Oh, and the game brings peace to the middle east, Tressel cures cancer and Carr feeds all the hungry children in Africa while ending the Darfur tragedy and each of them fathers a child with Angelina Jolie.

JohnnyMack
11/17/2006, 11:56 AM
Have I mentioned in the last week how much I hate ESPN and that I wish a meteor would slam into Bristol, CT?

Blues1
11/17/2006, 12:05 PM
Hype -- It's now become "The American Way" ----But --- Could you Picture a OU Male Student Making out with a female Texas student --- To promote the RRS...?? -- I think even Sooner and Horn fans would say --

"Thats TOO Much" -- "BACK OFF" ---- Lets us play the game - and we will handle our own sex drives....!!!! ----- :)

Keep R'

sooner94
11/17/2006, 03:27 PM
I seem to recall some "Game of the Century" references to Ohio St/Texas earlier this year. Or at least until halftime...

freshchris05
11/17/2006, 03:31 PM
I'm sure this has been talked about, but uh didn't OU and Nebbish meet a few time 1 and 2? they are saying how this is the first time 1 and 2 have met...

Dio
11/17/2006, 03:34 PM
It's the Game of the Century of the Week.

bingo

TopDawg
11/17/2006, 03:35 PM
I'm sure this has been talked about, but uh didn't OU and Nebbish meet a few time 1 and 2? they are saying how this is the first time 1 and 2 have met...

It seems like they always carefully but trickyily word it...they're talking about the first time it's happened in this rivalry.

freshchris05
11/17/2006, 03:50 PM
It seems like they always carefully but trickyily word it...they're talking about the first time it's happened in this rivalry.

thanks... u gotta up the ante some huh??