PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 05:01 PM
...that you can change your computer's clock using Excel or other Office applications? And that this can happen accidentally because you accidentally typed "time" instead of "time_trim" in a VBA module? :mad:

WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVEN WANT TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM CLOCK FROM WITHIN AN OFFICE APPLICATION?? :mad:

slickdawg
11/16/2006, 05:02 PM
Because Microsoft hates the baby Jesus.

NormanPride
11/16/2006, 05:05 PM
light the jkm beacon!

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 05:11 PM
light the jkm beacon!

:les: IT'S A FEATURE!

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 05:13 PM
P.S. VBA could have easily caught the error if hadn't been too braindead to notice that my time_trim function didn't have a return value. :rolleyes:

colleyvillesooner
11/16/2006, 05:14 PM
http://www.horrordvds.com/reviews/misc/pictures/nerds.jpg

NormanPride
11/16/2006, 05:26 PM
P.S. VBA could have easily caught the error if hadn't been too braindead to notice that my time_trim function didn't have a return value. :rolleyes:

You expect Microsoft to do your code validation for you? Pssh. Leave that for companies that can't microcharge you to death.

BeetDigger
11/16/2006, 05:28 PM
...that you can change your computer's clock using Excel or other Office applications? And that this can happen accidentally because you accidentally typed "time" instead of "time_trim" in a VBA module? :mad:

WHY THE HELL WOULD I EVEN WANT TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM CLOCK FROM WITHIN AN OFFICE APPLICATION?? :mad:

Just be happy that it didn't cause Outlook to send a spam email to everyone in your Outlook directory and personal folder.

Not yet anyway.

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 05:33 PM
Just be happy that it didn't cause Outlook to send a spam email to everyone in your Outlook directory and personal folder.

It could be a lot worse than spam if it pulled an e-mail from my personal folder! :eek: