PDA

View Full Version : my head hurts

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 04:52 PM
I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to explain a policy limits issue with one of four claimants.....who's name happens to be Bashir......it might as well have been Osama.....he's a very angry man and has no concept whatsoever of how insurance works

he liked to scream and yell alot

i'm afraid he's going to blow up our building

JohnnyMack
11/16/2006, 04:54 PM
You should call in sick tommorow.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 04:55 PM
tomrrow is thanksgiving spread day, followed by flu shots

i'd never miss all of that!

colleyvillesooner
11/16/2006, 04:55 PM
Does he not know that you have 25,000+ posts?

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 04:56 PM
that bastard doesnt know that.....i'll send him some neg spek and let him know

i feel bad for the guy but there's nothing i can do, one of our insured's plows thru a fence for a auto repair place, and hits 3 cars......one of which belongs to him....he wants me to foot the bill for the $990 repair bill he had on his 94 sentra....which was a POS before we hit it

problem is, a minimum limits policy has $15048 to spend for the 3 cars and fence, and after pro-rating it, he's getting a bit of a screw job.......i told him he should have had full coverage, he didnt like that very much

TexasSooner01
11/16/2006, 04:59 PM
Heh. I know what you are goin through JK! I have to deal w/insureds everyday. Some of them are so *^&%$#@^& stupid you want to scream!

SoonerBorn68
11/16/2006, 05:40 PM
problem is, a minimum limits policy has $15048 to spend for the 3 cars and fence, and after pro-rating it, he's getting a bit of a screw job.......i told him he should have had full coverage, he didnt like that very much

Well, it's his own fault for not protecting himself with uninsured motorist coverage. My wife's car got plowed in the driveway by a drunk. He also damaged the neighbor's car. Our car was totaled. He had 10/20/10. My insurance paid the difference but the neighbor got screwed for not ponying up the few extra bucks for UIM coverage.

She got mad at us. Heh.

MamaMia
11/16/2006, 10:32 PM
I've had a lousy day as well. We had a hot head patient who's kids facial bones and teeth were so in need of correction that his dental ortho prelim treatment took up the 1500.00 life time ortho benefit. The lab fees alone were over $800.00 for his appliances. Now that he is finally going to the actual orthodontist for the final stage, he thinks we should refund him for the work we did since it didn't take care of his kids entire problem. We haven't even seen this person in 3 years. He says his orthodontist wants the money his insurance company paid us. :(

proud gonzo
11/16/2006, 10:58 PM
MY BRAIN HURTS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA)

Frozen Sooner
11/16/2006, 11:17 PM
that bastard doesnt know that.....i'll send him some neg spek and let him know

i feel bad for the guy but there's nothing i can do, one of our insured's plows thru a fence for a auto repair place, and hits 3 cars......one of which belongs to him....he wants me to foot the bill for the $990 repair bill he had on his 94 sentra....which was a POS before we hit it

Probably nicer than what I'd have said. Which would have been along the lines of "Go f yourself."

Had a slip and fall claim a couple of days ago. A woman was at my insured's, got out of her car, then slipped on some ice in the parking lot.

No problem, the insured told her to head to the hospital and get checked out. 100% covered under med pay coverage regardless of actual liability.

However, this woman now wants to take a week off of her job because her hand is swollen. Little does she know what a dim view of slip and fall lawsuits judges have in Alaska. When you wear heels on ice and snow, you assume some liability, jerky.

Actually, the insurance company is probably going to go ahead and pay her the $500 she'd have earned just so they don't have to defend the thing, but sheesh.

StoopTroup
11/17/2006, 12:02 AM
I got hit by these uninsured aliens and I had uninsured motorists and full coverage.

It still cost me a $500 deductible to fix to fix my vehicle.

I still have no idea what the heck uninsured motorist coverage is for except that they tell you to get it so you won't get screwed. I still feel I got the shaft....

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2006, 12:06 AM
I got hit by these uninsured aliens and I had uninsured motorists and full coverage.

It still cost me a $500 deductible to fix to fix my vehicle.

I still have no idea what the heck uninsured motorist coverage is for except that they tell you to get it so you won't get screwed. I still feel I got the shaft....

How much was the total cost to repair the vehicle?

They paid something, right?

If your question is serious, UM/UIM is insurance against someone damaging your vehicle or hurting someone inside your vehicle and not having appropriate insurance limits to cover the damage. Just like any kind of insurance other than liability, it's generally sold with a deductible to cut down on nuisance claims expense.

pb4ou
11/17/2006, 12:25 AM
MY BRAIN HURTS! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIlKiRPSNGA)

:D

StoopTroup
11/17/2006, 12:54 AM
How much was the total cost to repair the vehicle?

They paid something, right?

If your question is serious, UM/UIM is insurance against someone damaging your vehicle or hurting someone inside your vehicle and not having appropriate insurance limits to cover the damage. Just like any kind of insurance other than liability, it's generally sold with a deductible to cut down on nuisance claims expense.
If they paid anything it was to my Insurance Company I guess.

I got a few letters from the Insurance Company that they were trying to recover damages but that usually the costs of recovery are so high that I would see little or nothing.

The guys were driving their Uncle's car and had no insurane or driver's lic. and went to jail. The car was towed.

I still wonder what the uninsured motorists fees cover?

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2006, 01:40 AM
If they paid anything it was to my Insurance Company I guess.

I got a few letters from the Insurance Company that they were trying to recover damages but that usually the costs of recovery are so high that I would see little or nothing.

The guys were driving their Uncle's car and had no insurane or driver's lic. and went to jail. The car was towed.

I still wonder what the uninsured motorists fees cover?

You're not making any sense.

Your insurance company paid for something, right? I mean, the cost of repair wasn't exactly $500 was it? If they did, that's what your premium (not fee) was for.

And yes, the insurance company has the right to subrogate against the guy who hit you. They also get to do that if someone steals your rig or vandalizes it. Their chance of recovery is kinda low against someone with no insurance, but without it the UM/UIM premiums would be a HELL of a lot higher. If they happen to recover the entire amount of damages, awesome. You get your deductible back. If not, you still had your damages mitigated by the insurance company.

UM/UIM is voluntary, so if you don't think it's paying for anything cancel the coverage (shrug.) Looks like in this case they actually paid something, which makes me wonder why you don't think it does anything.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
11/17/2006, 02:05 AM
I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to explain a policy limits issue with one of four claimants.....who's name happens to be Bashir......it might as well have been Osama.....he's a very angry man and has no concept whatsoever of how insurance works

he liked to scream and yell alot

i'm afraid he's going to blow up our building

but thanks to your degree from the University of Oklahoma, with its diverse professorship, you probably understood every word he said.

jk the sooner fan
11/17/2006, 07:04 AM
i wish my degree said University of Oklahoma, but sadly it does not

a good insurance company will waive your deductible on a um/uim claim