PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck this Weekend!

IB4OU2
11/16/2006, 04:14 PM
To all you deer hunters.......I'm heading down to SE Ok. tomorrow morning for a 5 day hunt in some of the most beautiful country in Oklahoma. There are lots of deer down there but I really just look forward to getting out and away to a nice deer camp, by a nice campfire drinking scotch or bourbon with friends after a long day of hunting.

May your aim be true and the beast be large.

Good Luck!

Mjcpr
11/16/2006, 04:17 PM
I'm not into hunting, but I would agree that SE Oklahoma is very nice.

Good luck.

IB4OU2
11/16/2006, 04:19 PM
I'm not into hunting, but I would agree that SE Oklahoma is very nice.

Good luck.

Thanks! I used to hunt up by Cookson/Tenkiller it was real nice there too.

Mjcpr
11/16/2006, 04:20 PM
Thanks! I used to hunt up by Cookson/Tenkiller it was real nice there too.

It's nice but I don't think it compares to Beaver's Bend/Broken Bow/Kiamichi Mtns area.

Jerk
11/16/2006, 04:22 PM
Good luck IB4ou!

I'm going to western oklahoma near okarche if I'm feeling better...gonna use ye olde .308

IB4OU2
11/16/2006, 04:26 PM
Good luck IB4ou!

I'm going to western oklahoma near okarche if I'm feeling better...gonna use ye olde .308

Good gun! I hope you get to feeling better.

C&CDean
11/16/2006, 05:15 PM
All you guys going to all these exotic places. Me? Going out the back door and walking maybe a half-mile or so to my favorite stand.

I'm taking the 7mm mag, and my .480 mag pistol in case one is inside 40 yards or so. I've never killed one with a handgun, and would like to.

Good luck, and please don't fall outta bed onto "ornate iron chairs."

OUHOMER
11/16/2006, 05:48 PM
DAMN, I wish I was going, my hunting partner move to Wyoming of all places, plus my guns got stolen. that all kind of took the wind out of my sails.

I remeber hunting up at Cookson, we left with the intent of just hunting from saturday to wednesday, come home for turkey day. we didnt get anything so we decided to stay. it was one of those warmer Nov. we were out of fresh clothes, about out of food. We decided to take a bath in the river, damn it was cold. Great times...

olevetonahill
11/16/2006, 06:12 PM
To all you deer hunters.......I'm heading down to SE Ok. tomorrow morning for a 5 day hunt in some of the most beautiful country in Oklahoma. There are lots of deer down there but I really just look forward to getting out and away to a nice deer camp, by a nice campfire drinking scotch or bourbon with friends after a long day of hunting.

Good Luck!
You come into My neck of the woods you better stop by and say Hi ;)
Oh and Homer ifin ya wanta hunt come on down , I dont hunt, but I can loan ya a gun and point ya to the woods :)

BajaOklahoma
11/16/2006, 07:08 PM
We drove theough SE Oklahoma last weekend. The trees were gorgeous.
And if the hunting turns out not to be great, there were plenty of deer in full rigor next to the highways.

OUHOMER
11/16/2006, 07:22 PM
You come into My neck of the woods you better stop by and say Hi ;)
Oh and Homer ifin ya wanta hunt come on down , I dont hunt, but I can loan ya a gun and point ya to the woods :)

Thanks, I have spent many a deer season just south of a little town called Watson. ever hear of it? Got my first deer there, been lost in the woods for a few hours. melted my boots in a camp fire. All goods times, i think I will have to get back in the game. I sure miss all those good times

proud gonzo
11/16/2006, 07:27 PM

Good Luck!
where in SE OK?

OUHOMER
11/16/2006, 07:49 PM
southeastern Ok.. south of I40 and east of I35..

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2006, 02:22 PM
I got me a nice 8-pointer at about noon yesterday . . . :D

BoogercountySooner
11/19/2006, 04:27 PM
I got me a nice 8-pointer at about noon yesterday . . . :D

Pics. Please!