PDA

View Full Version : E-Mail Hell

VeeJay
11/16/2006, 12:51 PM
All morning, I've been going back and forth with a supplier on e-mails, trying to get deliveries lined up.

I've had my assistant involved as well, and I've gotten copied on probably a dozen e-mails to resolve one issue.

At the point of being fed up, I copied three people and said "Give me a call at my number listed below so we can put this matter to rest." I didn't have the number to the primary recipient, or I would have called her (a pet peeve is when people don't include a phone # in the e-mail sig.).

The response I got - a phone call? Nope

A new barrage of four additional e-mails.

I'm ready to go postal on these fuggers.

OUHOMER
11/16/2006, 09:38 PM
HEH, I agree, the company i work for now frowns on any type of signature. they want you just to sign it. thanks Bill.

I like to know who I am about to go off on. If its a VP or just a smuck, I need to know these things. I would hate for a VP to think he is a idiot.

OUinFLA
11/16/2006, 10:07 PM
All morning, I've been going back and forth with a supplier on e-mails, trying to get deliveries lined up.

I've had my assistant involved as well, and I've gotten copied on probably a dozen e-mails to resolve one issue.

At the point of being fed up, I copied three people and said "Give me a call at my number listed below so we can put this matter to rest." I didn't have the number to the primary recipient, or I would have called her (a pet peeve is when people don't include a phone # in the e-mail sig.).

The response I got - a phone call? Nope

A new barrage of four additional e-mails.

I'm ready to go postal on these fuggers.

I assume you mean you are going to snail mail them from now on?
Ya think that will be faster?

slickdawg
11/16/2006, 10:10 PM
I assume you mean you are going to snail mail them from now on?
Ya think that will be faster?

I think it means he'll unjustifiably get 4 cents per letter more from now on.