PDA

View Full Version : I would trade a BCS at-large Bid for . . .

KingDavid
11/16/2006, 12:03 AM
. . . one more time to see AD play before a packed house at Owen Field.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2006, 12:04 AM
I'd trade it for a season, but not a single game.

Paperclip
11/16/2006, 12:04 AM
...a Klondike bar

KingDavid
11/16/2006, 12:09 AM

c'mon. think about it. even just one more game. we'll have BCS bowls aplenty. but getting to watch that beast tear up the turf on our precious field. that's a once-in-a-lifetime deal. the kid is a freak. we'll be very lucky if we see that type of talent back on the field in the next 20 years. ANYWHERE in college football, that is . . . not just wearing Sooner red.

you'd do it for two games, wouldn't you?

StoopTroup
11/16/2006, 12:56 AM
No way I'd give up a bowl to see AD play.

You'll be able to see him in the NFL 16 times or more a season.

UHS-SoonerFan
11/16/2006, 02:45 AM
pfft, NFL. whats he representing then? a paycheck and a statewide monopoly? no, seeing him shine in crimson and creme...thats what I'd like to see again.

honestly..the NFL is nothing compared to college football. but maybe thats because i live in oklahoma and not an nfl town.

sanantoniosooner
11/16/2006, 08:47 AM
BCS Bowl VS 1 home game.

Not even close.

A full season. YES.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/16/2006, 08:50 AM
no one person is bigger than the university. BCS all the way. I'm with SAsooner

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 10:30 AM
Enough would never be enough when it comes to AD. If he were a senior we would want another year of eligibility due to all his injuries. I saw every game he played in Norman, Dallas and Stillwater plus a few more. Every memory is a classic. I don't want that to change.

ADs_Agent
11/16/2006, 10:32 AM
Stoops is all about team, no sacrificing a better bowl to let AD play, out of the question.

footballfanatic
11/16/2006, 10:49 AM
pfft, NFL. whats he representing then? a paycheck and a statewide monopoly? no, seeing him shine in crimson and creme...thats what I'd like to see again.

honestly..the NFL is nothing compared to college football. but maybe thats because i live in oklahoma and not an nfl town.

I lived in New York for many years--the king of all professional sports towns--and I can assure you, the NFL is nothing compared with college football. The only thing that comes remotely close is the Yankee/Red Sox rivalry, (which is amazing) and strangely, hockey. The Rangers/Islanders rivalry is six times as vicious as Texas/OU, six times as crazy. I mean, when was the last time their were several brawls in the stands in Dallas? And to my knowledge, OU fans have never attacked the UT team bus with all the players onboard, like the Rangers fans once did. But NFL games are boring.

OklahomaRed
11/16/2006, 11:16 AM
Stoops is all about team, no sacrificing a better bowl to let AD play, out of the question.

Agreed. Even better coming from his agent ! :D

Blues1
11/16/2006, 11:20 AM
IF we Could Face ND in any Bowl Game I could live with whatever comes out of the BCS or the polls ---
We need revenge...!!!! --- :)

Collier11
11/16/2006, 11:21 AM
Id trade seeing A.D. one more time at owen field for a bcs game and hanging out with jessica alba for 5-7 minutes :D

humblesooner
11/16/2006, 11:37 AM

You would both get your wish. If AD plays one more game at Owen Field, it would be the first game of the 2007 season. Since he is not in the NFL under that scenario, he may as well play the rest of the season for OU.

Sooner98
11/16/2006, 01:28 PM
Why not just rather want to see AD play one more time in a BCS bowl game. That way, everyone is happy.

rhombic21
11/16/2006, 02:58 PM
Why not just rather want to see AD play one more time in a BCS bowl game. That way, everyone is happy.
I agree completely.

I'd rather watch AD tear it up in a primetime national TV game against a highly ranked opponent, than see him play against a random Big 12 school at home.

OnlyOneOklahoma
11/16/2006, 04:08 PM
IF we Could Face ND in any Bowl Game I could live with whatever comes out of the BCS or the polls ---
We need revenge...!!!! --- :)

I talked to the President of the Toyota Gator Bowl at the TT game and he wants that match-up or us and Rugers of WVU exciting stuff...
However seeing as we are Orange Bowl Champs it would be way more exciting to go to Miami and Dom Boise State:pop:

RedstickSooner
11/16/2006, 04:13 PM
I might be interested in trading if we'd only had a season of him - but we've gotten a good number of games to enjoy with AD in C&C.

I can't wait to see him play again - even if it's in an NFL uniform. If I traded anything - any bowl game -- to see him play another game as a Sooner, I'd be hurting my favorite team just to see AD play.

I wouldn't want that. Even more importantly, I'm sure AD wouldn't want that.

stoopified
11/16/2006, 04:39 PM
I'd trade it for a season, but not a single game.Ditto. A full
season of AD would however come close to guaranteeing a BCS bid by itself.