PDA

View Full Version : Michigan & Ohio State to play Twice..??

Blues1
11/15/2006, 11:57 PM
Link

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10800155/

Keep R"

Soonerus
11/15/2006, 11:58 PM
Bet the house against it....

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 12:07 AM
That would be the biggest load of crap ever. Unless it kept the whorns out of the MNC game. Which isn't even a possiblity anymore (thanks Ron Prince!), so biggest load of crap ever.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/16/2006, 12:16 AM
Good as any. Just keep domer, suc and whorns out of the game and I'll be okay with it.(Put Arkansas in the game, so the Buckeyes can eat them for lunch)

Ardmore_Sooner
11/16/2006, 12:21 AM
I don't understand how they change the rule that if you lose your conference championship game you can't go to the BCS title game, but if you just don't win your conference then it is ok. That makes zero sense to me at all.

badger
11/16/2006, 12:36 AM
I don't care, go ahead and have them do a re-match. Both teams would beat anybody else, anyways, right?

Sco
11/16/2006, 01:44 AM
I'd like to see Florida or Rutgers, personally

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2006, 02:42 AM
I'd like to see any team beat the winner and any other team beat the loser myself.

yermom
11/16/2006, 03:01 AM
if Florida and USC drop games, and this one is close, i would say this is a solid possibility

maybe even without that

USC lost to a team not nearly as good as Michigan or tOSU

ND lost to Michigan, and played a pretty easy schedule otherwise, but still managed to struggle

if Florida wins out, i think it's tough to leave them out, maybe Arkansas too

AlbqSooner
11/16/2006, 07:29 AM
It's all about the Benjamins. National TV audiences sell games. A re-match in the Championship game draws a much smaller audience. I don't see it happening. Then too, it might be nice to have that happen. If there is a re-match and Saturday's loser wins the re-match in a close game, would there be a split BCS title between two rivals who hate each other as much as OU and texass do? Co-BCS champions might be the demise of the BCS.

soonerloyal
11/16/2006, 07:36 AM
Co-BCS champions might be the demise of the BCS.

We can dream, can't we?

hogfan
11/16/2006, 07:39 AM
Good as any. Just keep domer, suc and whorns out of the game and I'll be okay with it.(Put Arkansas in the game, so the Buckeyes can eat them for lunch)

It's too bad we won't see, since Michigan will be the one playing the hogs!

sooneron
11/16/2006, 08:18 AM
Piggie, I know it's better to lose early, but you guys received a beat down at home this year. The voters will have a tough time putting you in the title game.

BIG_IKE
11/16/2006, 09:25 AM
If USC wins out they are in.
The computer rankings will skyrocket for them with the next few games they have.

Michigan or OSU is gonna automatically fall in the human polls which are a big chunk of the BCS score.

Blues1
11/16/2006, 11:04 AM
If Michigan wins a close game at the end there will be MAJOR hollering for a rematch which may influence all of the big 10 voters, of course. Personally, I think the bucknuts will clean their clock precluding any rematch.

I think your Right -and This would most likely be the Best for the BCS for this crazy season - a least from our Stand point..!!

R'

OklahomaRed
11/16/2006, 11:15 AM
Can anyone say playoffs? Crap, every other major college sport and NCAA division does it. What can't DI football? I'd be happy with an 8 team playoff! :D

Luthor
11/16/2006, 11:24 AM
It will never happen. The BCS is waaaaay too politically correct to allow it for one thing. The other brick wall against it is in the fact that the Big 10 has so vehemently resisted a CCG to avoid this very scenario. Tressel and Carr would voluntarily cut each others wrists first.

yermom
11/16/2006, 11:32 AM
the CCG would cause a rematch BEFORE the championship game

i'm sure the loser of #1 vs #2 in the regular season would LOVE to play in the championship game, no matter who it is against

11/16/2006, 11:41 AM
It's too bad we won't see, since Michigan will be the one playing the hogs!In what bowl will that be?

Tear Down This Wall
11/16/2006, 12:06 PM
Anyone else sick of the Ohio State-Michigan clamor? I hope it's a blowout one way or another so the dickwheels of sportstalk will STFU about it.

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 12:34 PM
Anyone else sick of the Ohio State-Michigan clamor? I hope it's a blowout one way or another so the dickwheels of sportstalk will STFU about it.

I find it interesting that in the history of the "best rivalry in college football" this is the first two times the teams have met as #1 and #2. :rolleyes:

How many times have we played Texas or Nebraska as a #1/#2 pairing?

Blues1
11/16/2006, 12:42 PM
Yep - they are getting lots of Pubicity - But Nothing like "The Game of The Century" --- (OU vs Neb) -- If you are too young to remember it..?? - It damn near started at the begining of the Season....Even The West Coast Press was ALL over it.....It was Amazing...!!!! -- :)
R'

11/16/2006, 01:16 PM
Yep - they are getting lots of Pubicity - But Nothing like "The Game of The Century" --- (OU vs Neb) -- If you are too young to remember it..?? - It damn near started at the begining of the Season....Even The West Coast Press was ALL over it.....It was Amazing...!!!! -- :)
R'It was pre-ordained, bugeaters were not to be denied.

jwlynn64
11/16/2006, 01:51 PM
Arkansas is playing about as good as anyone right now. Remember, the lost the first game of the season without their best player.

Since his return, they have only been winning every game and doing it in a convincing manner.

If USC wins out I think that you have to look at how they win out. If it is just squeaking by like they did for the first half of the season then I don't know what kind of love that gets them.

If Arkansas wins their division and beat Florida in the championship game, I don't know how they don't get the chance to play for the MNC.

Might be a split championship again like 2003.

Blues1
11/16/2006, 01:59 PM
More on This Subject....

Link
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/6173448

R'

11/16/2006, 02:20 PM
Maybe a rematch with suc and hogs. The winner could play in the BCS title game.

11/16/2006, 02:22 PM
If only there was an ESPN then to show the clips on the Johnny Rodgers punt return ...over...and...over...and...over;)And several other bad calls late in the game.(ie. Tagge knee hits the ground, blown fumble call)

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 02:57 PM
Aggies are aggy everywhere you go:

OSU players get a special gold trinket if they beat Michigan. The team has a sign asking, "What Have You Done to Beat Michigan Today?" in its weight room, year-round. One of OSU's most popular school songs is titled "We Don't Give a Damn for the Whole State of Michigan."

link (http://www.slate.com/id/2153915/)

OUswagger
11/16/2006, 05:24 PM
Troy will have his day with MEESHigan and win the heisman.

hogfan
11/16/2006, 08:54 PM
Arkansas is playing about as good as anyone right now. Remember, the lost the first game of the season without their best player.

Since his return, they have only been winning every game and doing it in a convincing manner.

If USC wins out I think that you have to look at how they win out. If it is just squeaking by like they did for the first half of the season then I don't know what kind of love that gets them.

If Arkansas wins their division and beat Florida in the championship game, I don't know how they don't get the chance to play for the MNC.

Might be a split championship again like 2003.

The only way the hogs get to the NCG is if USC loses to Cal or ND. They did give us a VERY,VERY bad beating, and that was for 3 reasons. First of all our Dumba$$ coach refused to let the defense hit in practice before the season, ala, 3 fumbles, second, we had a qb that had proved the year before, he was not a winner, and 3rd, who do you see that could stop D-mac at the QB position? We haven't seen it yet.
By the way, congrats on your good season with all the that has went wrong for you. If there is nothing else in this world we have in common, it's that we both """HATE TEXAS"""!

Blues1
11/16/2006, 11:08 PM
If there is nothing else in this world we have in common, it's that we both """HATE TEXAS"""!

Good Luck with the rest of your Season --- Outside chance we see you Hogs in a Bowl game....My mind has thought about million ways we just make the top 12...Right now with all different things going on - We JUST NEED voters to know we WON..... :)

Keep Rockin'

Tear Down This Wall
11/17/2006, 10:21 AM
I find it interesting that in the history of the "best rivalry in college football" this is the first two times the teams have met as #1 and #2. :rolleyes:

How many times have we played Texas or Nebraska as a #1/#2 pairing?

Exactly.

Never forgive the jackasses who railroaded Tom Osborne in 1994 when the Big 12 was forming. In going along with the SWC flunkies, Donnie Duncan and the rest of the Big 8 AD's (except Osborne) traded the annual Nebraska game for yearly match-ups with Baylor and Texas Tech.

It sucked then, and it still sucks now. Here's to kicking Baylor's pathetic butts yet again this weekend. It's like having a Sun Belt Conference team built into the schedule every year. Worthless.

11/17/2006, 11:00 AM
Exactly.

Never forgive the jackasses who railroaded Tom Osborne in 1994 when the Big 12 was forming. In going along with the SWC flunkies, Donnie Duncan and the rest of the Big 8 AD's (except Osborne) traded the annual Nebraska game for yearly match-ups with Baylor and Texas Tech.

It sucked then, and it still sucks now. Here's to kicking Baylor's pathetic butts yet again this weekend. It's like having a Sun Belt Conference team built into the schedule every year. Worthless. No bigg. We can use a breather every now and again.