PDA

View Full Version : Wilson dissin' Blevins

booomer
11/15/2006, 11:45 PM
I don't live in the OKC area, so I didn't see this on the news.

I didn't see it posted in a quick search, so perhaps there are more that haven't seen it either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvPIp5e5ow&eurl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztvPIp5e5ow&eurl)

badger
11/15/2006, 11:46 PM
blevins likes to ask the most questions in press conferences.

SoonerTerry
11/15/2006, 11:49 PM
heh, I get the feelin those two guys dont like each other to much. I would like to hear what they said after the camera was off.

OU-HSV
11/16/2006, 12:01 AM
That's pretty funny

Collier11
11/16/2006, 12:04 AM
I think the OU coaches are just tired of answering stupid questions day in and day out. Yea yea yea, I hear all the time that our media is puppies compared to bigger markets, but from the press conferences Ive seen, we do ask some of the stupidest and most repetitive questions

Collier11
11/16/2006, 12:04 AM
we being the Oklahoma media by the way...

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2006, 12:09 AM
So...did it rain?

Collier11
11/16/2006, 12:13 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahA!!!!

Rhino
11/16/2006, 12:31 AM
So...did it rain? Actually, yes.

Dean is the biggest media tool around.

badger
11/16/2006, 12:35 AM
I found many times this year that the coaches (especially stoops) wouldn't wait until the reporters were done asking questions, they would cut them off as soon as they got the jist of what they wanted to hear...or in some cases, they just toyed around a tad.

I found it incredibly amusing on numerous occasions. Here's one I remember offhand...

Reporter: Take us through that play where Thompson "laterals" it to Adrian Peterson and it's called a backwards pass.
Stoops: (pause, obviously irritated) The referree told me what the call was, and that was it. I don't know what else you want me to say on that.

(this was at the OU-tx game)
:D

tommieharris91
11/16/2006, 01:54 AM
After the AD injury:

Blevins: "With Adrian out, will Malcolm Kelly become a bigger part of the game plan?"
Stoops: "Malcolm is always a big part of the game plan."

Collier11
11/16/2006, 01:58 AM
Blevins-"Do you like Ou football?"
Stoops-"youre a jackazz"

TheLadiesMike
11/16/2006, 02:02 AM
Dean "I don't make those numbers up."

hahahaha

All_Day_28
11/16/2006, 02:09 AM
Dean "I don't make those numbers up."

hahahaha
lololol... i wonder where he gets them then??

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2006, 02:31 AM
There's a tarot reader near the studio he visits daily.

UHS-SoonerFan
11/16/2006, 02:56 AM
lmao, I dont live in norman so i have no idea who Dean is...im guessing weather reporter? but this stuff is hillarious

badger
11/16/2006, 03:15 AM
lmao, I dont live in norman so i have no idea who Dean is...im guessing weather reporter? but this stuff is hillarious
local sports dude. used to work for abc, play for ou... now enjoying retirement ;)

Octavian
11/16/2006, 04:21 AM
Hey, coach...how would you rank this year against your other years?

Oh, I don't really do that. Just try to prepare my team for the next game and focus on what we can do now.

Where are you this year as compared to last year?

No, ya see...I really don't rank my years like that. I'm the leader of a team...I coach football.

So, would'ja say this is your best coaching job since the national championship year?

Am I talkin' to myself?

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 10:39 AM
The local (OKC-Norman) media are really showing their lack of talent this year after Stoops closed practices. All they have done is whine and take cheap shots (not to their faces) about the staff. They have no insider info so they take shots at the coaching staff and whine about not being able to do their hack jobs.

The local guys don't understand that Stoops and his staff are not going to go out of their way to help them to their overpaid jobs when the local media is trying to find a negative to write about. Stoops and his staff don't treat the national guys this way because they aren't trying to attack them. Blevins, Tramel, Rohde, etc. only get recognition when are controversial, etc. Why should OU help them when the media don't help OU win any games, but they sure can scare off recruits and attract the attention of the NCAA.

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 10:42 AM
local sports dude. used to work for abc, play for ou... now enjoying retirement ;)

You left off his biggest claim to fame: Captain of the Barry Switzer coattail riders.

crimson&cream
11/16/2006, 10:48 AM
He's a ex-OU QB turned "sports reporter".

poke4christ
11/16/2006, 10:50 AM
http://www.thestaigers.com/deanosalsa.jpg

crimson&cream
11/16/2006, 10:53 AM
Yah know I don't have much of a problem the way the coaching staffs handle's interviews as there are some awfully dumb questions asked, but I miss the days of Switzer interviews and how he usually handled the press, as he didn't come off confrontational, somewhat arrogant or short with the press, and sometimes he a had a right to.

sooneron
11/16/2006, 10:59 AM
After watching that I actually said out loud, "He is such a ****ing tool!"

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 11:13 AM
Why doesn't the local media realize that they are merely a medium for us to see and hear the players and coaches? I have absolutely 0 concern for the "opinions" or feelings for any media members.

How many times has the OU coaching staff watch that clip in the film room and laughed their arses off?

sooneron
11/16/2006, 11:19 AM
Why doesn't the local media realize that they are merely a medium for us to see and hear the players and coaches? I have absolutely 0 concern for the "opinions" or feelings for any media members.

How many times has the OU coaching staff watch that clip in the film room and laughed their arses off?
But see... You just gave the media another purpose, comic relief for the coaching staff.

Collier11
11/16/2006, 11:19 AM
Having said all that ive already said on the subject I will say that I wish his pressers were more entertaining...but I definately understand why he hates them with the crap that is thrown his way day in and out. "Coach why do you like being the coach of OU, is it cus its in norman"
um, I love the tradition and the fan support and the way the players play hard
"so you dont really like norman?"

sooneron
11/16/2006, 11:30 AM
Having said all that ive already said on the subject I will say that I wish his pressers were more entertaining...but I definately understand why he hates them with the crap that is thrown his way day in and out. "Coach why do you like being the coach of OU, is it cus its in norman"
um, I love the tradition and the fan support and the way the players play hard
"so you dont really like norman?"
heh

stoopified
11/16/2006, 04:20 PM
blevins likes to ask the most STUPID questions in press conferences.
Fixed it for ya.

soonersam
11/16/2006, 04:49 PM
there is a 20% chance that AD will be 50% by kick off of ******

Pricetag
11/16/2006, 05:06 PM
there is a 20% chance that AD will be 50% by kick off of ******
And only a ten percent chance of that.

Redshirt
11/16/2006, 05:14 PM
Why would deano even air that piece, it makes him look like the tool that he is.

Texas Golfer
11/16/2006, 05:35 PM

Not knowing who Dean Blevins is will only be excused by your youth. Blevins used to QB the Sooners during some pretty exciting years.

Texas Golfer
11/16/2006, 05:39 PM
Why would deano even air that piece, it makes him look like the tool that he is.

Agreed. It was clear Wilson wasn't going to commit himself on AD's chances of playing in the B3dlam so why did Blevins try to cotinue with that line of questioning?

Also, even if Wilson was certain of AD's chances, why would he allow OSU more time to prepare for his being in the game? Even if I was certain that AD would play, I would have still said "There's just no way AD will be ready for the B3dlam Series."

Why can't we say "B3dlam" the right way?

TopDawg
11/16/2006, 05:43 PM
Why would deano even air that piece,

because he does most of the talking in that clip

Landthief 1972
11/16/2006, 05:59 PM
Did you guys hear Al, Dean and Jim whine incessantly about how the OU staff mistreats the po widdle Oklahoma media the day that press conference happened?

I bet at least one of those three reads the boards, so let me spell it out for them: IF THE COACH DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, QUIT ASKING HIM THE QUESTION BY REPHRASING IT!!! Yes, one of the coach's jobs is to deal with you nitwits, but nothing says they have to listen to you ask the same question 15 times when he doesn't answer it to your liking.

Is this something the universities teach you journalism majors? Harassment 101, followed by Shallow Ethics Studies and Entitlement For The Media? Listening to the press conferences is painful. Most of those rubes wouldn't know a good question if it was handed to them along with all the other payola the kiss-asses give them on a platter.

Then they've got the balls to mock those of us who point out that a good chunk of the questions are absolute crap... narcissistic chumps.

Fraggle145
11/16/2006, 06:05 PM
Kevin Wilson: I pwn you 100% of the time...

Dean: *whimper* /bends over

IronSooner
11/16/2006, 06:12 PM
For the sake of my faith in humanity, I've tried to believe that most of the questions those guys ask are phrased so as to obtain a certain quote from the coaches they can use in the story. 99% of the time you know the answer you'll get before the coach responds. The inane and repetitive nature of those questions makes it hard to sit through a press conference, except to laugh at the exchanges.

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 06:20 PM
Bottom line: does the media help win games? NO. Can they help prepare your opponent (leak info), hurt recruiting or attract the NCAA? YES. Therefore, they will always be considered neutral parties at best and enemies at worst. Dean thinks he is an OU legend and wets his panties anytime he gets locked out. At least Al admits that he doesn't know anything anymore because they won't talk to him. Dean just either makes it up or browses soonerfans.com. On that note, hey Dean you $#*&#$*#tard.

critical_phil
11/16/2006, 06:59 PM
Not knowing who Dean Blevins is will only be excused by your youth. Blevins used to QB the Sooners during some pretty exciting years.

those exciting years are also known as the steve davis/thomas lott era...

opksooner
11/16/2006, 07:37 PM
The local (OKC-Norman) media are really showing their lack of talent this year after Stoops closed practices. All they have done is whine and take cheap shots (not to their faces) about the staff. They have no insider info so they take shots at the coaching staff and whine about not being able to do their hack jobs.

The local guys don't understand that Stoops and his staff are not going to go out of their way to help them to their overpaid jobs when the local media is trying to find a negative to write about. Stoops and his staff don't treat the national guys this way because they aren't trying to attack them. Blevins, Tramel, Rohde, etc. only get recognition when are controversial, etc. Why should OU help them when the media don't help OU win any games, but they sure can scare off recruits and attract the attention of the NCAA.
Ding, ding, ding.

We have a winner.

tulsaoilerfan
11/16/2006, 07:45 PM
Pretty funny stuff

usmc-sooner
11/16/2006, 07:54 PM
DB "So do you have a rating for AD"

KW "I think he's a great back"

TXBOOMER
11/16/2006, 10:18 PM
That was funny! He didn't back off though...you gotta spek that a little, even if you don't like him.

RacerX
11/16/2006, 11:00 PM
Why can't we say "B3dlam" the right way?
There is no ****** in football. It's the OU/OSUx game.

RacerX
11/16/2006, 11:01 PM

Yeah. Switzer refers to Blevins as his closer.

Blevins=A bitter ex-Sooner tool

Scott D
11/16/2006, 11:51 PM
Did you guys hear Al, Dean and Jim whine incessantly about how the OU staff mistreats the po widdle Oklahoma media the day that press conference happened?

I bet at least one of those three reads the boards, so let me spell it out for them: IF THE COACH DOESN'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT, QUIT ASKING HIM THE QUESTION BY REPHRASING IT!!! Yes, one of the coach's jobs is to deal with you nitwits, but nothing says they have to listen to you ask the same question 15 times when he doesn't answer it to your liking.

Is this something the universities teach you journalism majors? Harassment 101, followed by Shallow Ethics Studies and Entitlement For The Media? Listening to the press conferences is painful. Most of those rubes wouldn't know a good question if it was handed to them along with all the other payola the kiss-asses give them on a platter.

Then they've got the balls to mock those of us who point out that a good chunk of the questions are absolute crap... narcissistic chumps.

I just want to state for the record that it isn't Dean Blevins. He'd have to have someone either A) read it to him after logging into the site for him. or B) would have to have someone rig up a teleprompter to a computer to spit out the posts on message boards.

tommieharris91
11/16/2006, 11:51 PM
Hmmm... I don't have class at noon on Tuesday (especially this Tuesday). I should try to sneak into the press conference for the comedy. Maybe ask some questions. I'm not even a journalism student, and I could probably ask some better questions than some of the local media, especially Dave Sittler.

douxpaysan
11/17/2006, 12:07 AM
Yah know I don't have much of a problem the way the coaching staffs handle's interviews as there are some awfully dumb questions asked, but I miss the days of Switzer interviews and how he usually handled the press, as he didn't come off confrontational, somewhat arrogant or short with the press, and sometimes he a had a right to.
....and we all know how that worked out.:rolleyes:

soonerboy_odanorth
11/17/2006, 06:47 PM
That's the funniest danged thing I have seen in awhile.

Chances that Deano stays as host of Inside Sooner Football....hmmm... I'd say about 20/80...

Heh!

soonerjace
11/17/2006, 07:00 PM

Not a very good player,not a very good reporter,needs to be reminded that OU has carried his sorry a$$ for too long....

soonerbee
11/17/2006, 09:52 PM
That's the funniest danged thing I have seen in awhile.

Chances that Deano stays as host of Inside Sooner Football....hmmm... I'd say about 20/80...

Heh!

We can only hope!

Miko
11/17/2006, 11:02 PM
On that note, hey Dean you $#*&#$*#tard.

So, when we see someone post:

Where can I get a ringtone?
What do you guys think about me getting a ringtone?
What are the odds of me getting a ringtone?

we will have found him!!:pop:

sdsooner
11/17/2006, 11:21 PM
I think the notion that "I don't make them up" is hilarious. If he doesn't make them up, who does? Is he implying someone feeds him these ridiculous numbers and he just reports them? Ludicrous.

Prodigal
11/18/2006, 01:32 AM
For someone who has no knowledge of these two and just happened to catch that on TV, they would say that Wilson is a jerk and Blevins handled it well except for some chidishness in the live portion.

Blevins makes me cringe most of the time, but this clip reinforces the reasons why some say we had so many problems with OL leaving prior to this year.

Cam
11/18/2006, 10:07 AM
this clip reinforces the reasons why some say we had so many problems with OL leaving prior to this year.
You must have a 100" vert, cause that's one hell of a leap you're taking.

zandozan
11/18/2006, 05:22 PM
I believe Dean Blevins is actually Troy McClure. Or maybe it's the other way around....

Hi...I'm Dean Blevins. You may remember me from such hits as 'S.D.I.: Oklahoma (Sports DisInformation), or 'Deano's Runaway Ego'.

These days I've found my true calling. Call 1-900-DaDREAM and discover my fantastic prognosticational abilities. Listen as I dazzle you with my astounding use of random percentages to guide you on the most important decisions of your life. If you call me everyday you may even grow hair as sexylicious as mine.

Call now boys and girls...and you too can become 'A Different Breed of Cat'!