PDA

View Full Version : Okie State fans?

SoonerJLB
11/15/2006, 10:41 PM
Why do for the most part do Okie St fans (or Shaggies..Sheep + Humping + Aggies = Shaggies) only really stick with their own kind on message boards? Do they have something to hide? Are they afraid other fans may steal their "Secrets to Success"?

Seriously, I have been perusing and posting on college football boards since 1998 or so. I started out on a Fox Sports site for a few years. There were plenty of OU, Texas, Neb, FSU, Miami, SC, Penn State, Ohio St, Michigan, KSU, Gator, Oregon, UW, VT, TAM...you name it... but I never saw one Okie State "Shaggie" fan.

Go to any of the the major college football sites out there and you will be hard pressed to find a "Shaggie". I know a few Shaggies are here on the Sooner sites of late because of the upcoming ****** game but the Shaggies seem pretty much to be "inbred" college football message board posters and try their best to keep any outsiders out that may hurt their feelings.

I am the only one who notices this trend?

sanantoniosooner
11/15/2006, 10:44 PM
I really don't pay attention to them that much.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/15/2006, 10:44 PM
head on over to orangepower and you will get more than you can stand.

They have a thing on there much like our own smack central that is devoted entirely to OU....Very sad

Flying Scotsman
11/15/2006, 10:48 PM
Don't they have some kind of envy????

badger
11/15/2006, 10:50 PM
Oh dear... SHAGGIES?! That name just might stick...

The shaggies (giggles to self) have said on numerous occasions that if they come over here, or to other non-OSU boards, they'll endure the sheep-humping, animal-husbandy backlash that we are used to dishing out to them.

However, we still have Stunned and what's his face... OSUAggie? Okay, we have TWO more shaggies than we used to here at sf.com!

TrophyCollector
11/15/2006, 10:58 PM
Dude, according to their avg. game attendence they only have like 35,000 fans. I think they do pretty good considering they are significantly outnumbered by most D-1 football programs.

badger
11/15/2006, 11:05 PM
they are bowl eligible... but will the bowl game be more important than beating OU to them?

I would have to guess NO...

GottaHavePride
11/15/2006, 11:26 PM
Heh. Shaggies. That's MUCH easier to distinguish that Aggie and Aggy.

sooneron
11/15/2006, 11:28 PM
I believe the SF.com all time tally may be 7 .

badger
11/15/2006, 11:45 PM
ooooooooooooraangeeeee powerrrrrrrrrrrrr

(that sounds so not straight)

Sooner_Havok
11/16/2006, 12:46 AM
they are bowl eligible... but will the bowl game be more important than beating OU to them?

Yes, they are eligible, but that doesn't mean they will go. If KU wins one more game, they become eligible, giving the big XII 9 teams. We only have tie ins to 8 bowls. Someone gets left out. I hope it would be the pukes! :D

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 12:53 AM
Yes, they are eligible, but that doesn't mean they will go. If KU wins one more game, they become eligible, giving the big XII 9 teams. We only have tie ins to 8 bowls. Someone gets left out. I hope it would be the pukes! :D

With as many bowls as there are, our #9 will be needed if there aren't enough eligible teams.

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 12:58 AM
The shaggies (giggles to self) have said on numerous occasions that if they come over here, or to other non-OSU boards, they'll endure the sheep-humping, animal-husbandy backlash that we are used to dishing out to them.

Any school that specializes in--ahem--animal husbandry and latches on to the nickname "Cowpokes" deserves this.

What did you do to the cow? :eek:

StoopTroup
11/16/2006, 01:07 AM
Puke Bowl (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83118)

daMentor
11/16/2006, 01:30 AM
Don't they have some kind of envy????
yes.. penis

TheLadiesMike
11/16/2006, 02:01 AM
If I were an osu fan i'd be embarassed to show my face outside of stillwater. make sense they avoid the internets.

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2006, 02:35 AM
I'd have to say that if you spend all your time on sheepbabe.com you tend to get distracted and far too busy to post on football boards.

soonerdano
11/16/2006, 02:39 AM
Just don't seem fair, does it?? :D

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/soonerdano/DoesntSeemFair.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/16/2006, 02:40 AM
That's some funny ****!

badger
11/16/2006, 03:17 AM
we have more national titles than you!

...in wrestling.

ultimatesooner1
11/16/2006, 10:13 AM
this week they are busy arguing with taco tech fans about who has more football tradition

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 10:28 AM
The fact that their gameday attendance drops by 20% during deer hunting season should tell you something.

SoonerJLB
11/16/2006, 02:26 PM
Fortunately, for me I don't come across too many Shaggies in my neck of the woods. I did see a Shaggie at the local Walmart all decked out in his Orange Shaggie gear...OSU cap positioned back on his head with the bill pointed in a 45 degree angle and OSU shirt tucked into his above the knee blue jean shorts. His two kids were dressed the same. It was right before Halloween and just walked by sporting my property positioned OU cap, and said nice costumes.

Also, I saw a Shaggie at a Tradeshow in Vegas the week before. Decked out in his Shaggie gear (OSU tilted cap, hidious Orange shirt with OSU shoes as well.) He was pretty much the only guy walking around the trade show with college apparell on.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/16/2006, 02:58 PM
I always find it funny that the faggie's call OU fans "trailer trash"

OSUAggie
11/16/2006, 03:31 PM
i don't really post on the national sites b/c the national sites are full of absolute morons.... not that there aren't morons on team sites, but there seem to be fewer per capita... but, that's just me....

OSUAggie
11/16/2006, 03:37 PM

incorrect..

Heh. Shaggies. That's MUCH easier to distinguish that Aggie and Aggy.

agree 100%, i sometimes forget which aggie... err... aggy... i am

ooooooooooooraangeeeee powerrrrrrrrrrrrr

(that sounds so not straight)

it is definitely not straight, but oh well....

anybody would take us over KU b/c A.) we beat them and B.) we travel better than about 2/3 of the Big XII (regionally)

Just don't seem fair, does it?? :D

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m13/soonerdano/DoesntSeemFair.jpg

we had our tractor-trailer at least a season before you did, FWIW, which is pretty much nothing...

Fortunately, for me I don't come across too many Shaggies in my neck of the woods. I did see a Shaggie at the local Walmart all decked out in his Orange Shaggie gear...OSU cap positioned back on his head with the bill pointed in a 45 degree angle and OSU shirt tucked into his above the knee blue jean shorts. His two kids were dressed the same. It was right before Halloween and just walked by sporting my property positioned OU cap, and said nice costumes.

Also, I saw a Shaggie at a Tradeshow in Vegas the week before. Decked out in his Shaggie gear (OSU tilted cap, hidious Orange shirt with OSU shoes as well.) He was pretty much the only guy walking around the trade show with college apparell on.

there are many OU fans just like those examples..

TexasSooner01
11/16/2006, 04:00 PM
Shaggies! That word makes me giggle!

sooneron
11/16/2006, 04:05 PM
First of all, NO ONE should be doing the 45 degree cap angle anymore, and especially no one with kids in tow!!

OSUAggie
11/16/2006, 04:07 PM
First of all, NO ONE should be doing the 45 degree cap angle anymore, and especially no one with kids in tow!!

what if you're a gangsta?

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 04:17 PM
anybody would take us over KU b/c...we travel better than about 2/3 of the Big XII

That's because all your houses have wheels. :stunned:

stoopified
11/16/2006, 04:32 PM

I would have to guess NO...The OU-osu game is their BOWL game.If they win they make T-shirts and Bumber sickers.An actual Bowl game for the Cowpukes is meaningless because it won't get them in the polls or gain them ANY national recognition.Beating OU however would make the decade for the Orange Mob.They don't go to other boards because they have nothing to offer;no NCs and only 1/3 of a conference title in the last 30 years(1976 they tied with OU and CU for the BIG 8 title).

OUswagger
11/16/2006, 04:46 PM
Shaggies are the happiest losers, they brag about how close they almost beat you.

jhmh
11/16/2006, 05:18 PM
I love how they make up names for everyone - Peterman, Calvin Simpson - and think it is so funny. What is this, 3rd grade?

OSUAggie
11/16/2006, 05:46 PM
I love how they make up names for everyone - Peterman, Calvin Simpson - and think it is so funny. What is this, 3rd grade?

hasn't half of this thread been devoted to whether or not the new term for OSU people should be shaggies?

Taxman71
11/16/2006, 06:24 PM
My favorite is when they call us squatters, not realizing they are dissing the entire state of Oklahoma. I guess they have alot of OU haters from Texas who couldn't get into UT.

SoonerJLB
11/16/2006, 06:58 PM

It is funny how Shaggies wear their caps, it is usually high on their heads (like Let 'er Rip used to do) or back on the crown of their head with the bill pointing at an angle. When I first, moved to California in the late 80's after graduating OU. There were a group of probably 40 former OU grads living around the Southern Cal area and maybe 15 Shaggies. We would get together for a big Okie party every now and then and everyone of the Shaggies wore their hats weird. Maybe it because they are used to cowboy hats.

SoonerJLB
11/16/2006, 07:04 PM
hasn't half of this thread been devoted to whether or not the new term for OSU people should be shaggies?

The Shaggie is correct...let's "keep the eye on the ball". http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/2696/stunnedaggyau8.gif

I vote for Shaggie! http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9079/redthumbmg1.gif

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/3049/osuhillbilliestx5qm9.jpg

OSUAggie
11/16/2006, 07:15 PM
Look at 'em there!
Pretty maids all in a row.

I want the one on the left.
She's perfect. Which one d'you want?

- Does it make a difference?
- Oh, yeah.

- Wait a second. Is this your first time?
- Yeah, Tommy, it is.

SoonerJLB
11/16/2006, 10:37 PM
Look at 'em there!
Pretty maids all in a row.

I want the one on the left.
She's perfect. Which one d'you want?

- Does it make a difference?
- Oh, yeah.

- Wait a second. Is this your first time?
- Yeah, Tommy, it is.

I must admit, for a Shaggie, you have a good sense of humor. One of of my brothers and a couple of my cousins graduated from Shaggie U. However, they will be be a Sooner fan to heart.

badger
11/16/2006, 11:20 PM
we had our tractor-trailer at least a season before you did, FWIW, which is pretty much nothing...
yes, but without all the nat'l title years to write on the sides, right?

unless you're gonna bring up all those WHO CARES wrestling titles again...

mightysooner
11/16/2006, 11:49 PM
There's a Poke on the ESPN boards who does nothing but make outlandish, stupid anti-OU remakrs about how much better OSU is than OU and how overrated we always are.

Crimsontothecore
11/17/2006, 07:46 AM
osu has, and always will, suffer from program envy. I used to post on orangepower.com and i'm here to tell you I was having a battle of wits with unarmed people.
They are completely consumed with what happens at OU.
The funniest thing ever was when they all showed up waving cell phones last year at the OU-osu b-ball game in stoolwater, and then a couple weeks later their drunken coach nearly killed an innocent person and they DEFENDED his actions.
yep...the jealous kid sisters are a spectacle.