PDA

View Full Version : Getting High in Amsterdam

1stTimeCaller
11/15/2006, 01:18 PM
is it legal for American citizens to smoke dope and other things that are legal there?

I guess I'm asking, can you be prosecuted in America for doing something that's illegal here but OK in another country?

yermom
11/15/2006, 01:20 PM
it's not illegal to have smoked weed, right?

i'm thinking a drug test for a job might be a problem though :D

Howzit
11/15/2006, 01:24 PM
If you test positive they will probably nail you for intent to distribute.

royalfan5
11/15/2006, 01:36 PM
If your not in possesion while under American jurisdiction, I don't see why it would be illegal. I've always understood the law to require you to be in physical possesion of the drug, while being high out of your mind isn't illegal unless you still have possesion of a quantity of said drug, or are operating a motor vehicle, or injure someone other than your self, or place a child in danger. Also, I don't think America has jurisdicition on what you are doing in another country unless it is an odd situation like an embassy or military deal.

Widescreen
11/15/2006, 01:43 PM
Ahhhh Wham Bam. Roll an Amsterdam.
Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Stone you like nothing else can!
Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Octavian
11/15/2006, 01:50 PM
is it legal for American citizens to smoke dope and other things that are legal there?

yes

I guess I'm asking, can you be prosecuted in America for doing something that's illegal here but OK in another country?

unlesss it's something that really grabs the attention of American authorities (secks trade, terrorism, something terrible like that...) then probably not.

they're not gonna care if you spend twelve hours at a hash cafe watching in awe as bicyclers and canal boats go by :D

IB4OU2
11/15/2006, 01:50 PM
So is Bonnie B. playing a gig in Amsterdam soon?

JohnnyMack
11/15/2006, 01:56 PM
In.

Wait, what was the question?

JohnnyMack
11/15/2006, 01:56 PM
Can you imagine if the SO took a field trip to Amsterdam?

Octavian
11/15/2006, 01:58 PM

<talking to Sic'Em> You're not in Branson anymore <talking to Sic'Em>

and yes, that's the best idea I've heard in awhile...we should tailgate it

oumartin
11/15/2006, 03:06 PM
song popped into my head too Widescreen.!

which brings us to the question. DLR or SH?

Bakasooner
11/15/2006, 03:11 PM
In Amsterdam...you're good. Light up.

It's legal for you to smoke a joint in XXX (who cares?) but illegal to have sex with a 14-year old girl in Phnom Penh (I know that's your follow up question).

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 03:16 PM
Heh,
It's interesting you bring up Amsterdam...

A friend of mine from Baylor who dropped out a couple of years ago and returned home to Boston (the guy from the burrito story a couple days ago) gave me a call last week and asked if I wanted to go to Amsterdam with him on Spring Break.

I told him absolutely not, but I've started rethinking it. It could be an overall positive experience for me to get out there and try new things. He smokes pot and I do not, but he said, "there's something there for both of us!"

:shrug:

1stTimeCaller
11/15/2006, 03:19 PM
the follow up was gonna be about Cuban cigars. I heard that it is illegal for american citizens to smoke one even in Europe. will you get busted, no. Is it illegal? that's what I heard.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 03:20 PM
the follow up was gonna be about Cuban cigars. I heard that it is illegal for american citizens to smoke one even in Europe. will you get busted, no. Is it illegal? that's what I heard.

It's only illegal if you bring them back. Smoke away.

Mjcpr
11/15/2006, 03:20 PM
I heard that it's illegal to carry two rocks in your pocket on Sundays. Is that true?

1stTimeCaller
11/15/2006, 03:21 PM
I carry two rocks in my pocket on dates.

we know Pat, we know

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 03:22 PM
I'd say if you're going to go to Amsterdam then let loose and have fun. You aren't breaking any US laws and the only thing you have to worry about is maybe gaining a couple of pounds and genital herpes.

IOW: Don't forget about the red light district! (also legal)

yermom
11/15/2006, 03:57 PM

IN.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 04:14 PM
IN.
I think that really would be a good time. I'm positive you crazy bastardos could show me a good time. :texan:

TUSooner
11/15/2006, 04:17 PM
It's only illegal if you bring them back. Smoke away.
Same with Amsterdoobies - blaze away.

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 04:29 PM
IN.
Definitely IN :D :D :D :twinkies: :twinkies: :twinkies: :twinkies: :twinkies:

49r
11/15/2006, 04:40 PM
Heh,

A friend of mine from Baylor who dropped out a couple of years ago and returned home to Boston (the guy from the burrito story a couple days ago) gave me a call last week and asked if I wanted to go to Amsterdam with him on Spring Break.

I told him absolutely not, but I've started rethinking it. It could be an overall positive experience for me to get out there and try new things. He smokes pot and I do not, but he said, "there's something there for both of us!"

Are you trying to say they have Zima in Amsterdam?

soonerboomer93
11/15/2006, 06:16 PM
IN

OUinFLA
11/15/2006, 06:40 PM
me and olevet are going along to make sure you guys behave.
or if you dont, at least you do it in the right way.
Chaperones-b-us.

Melo
11/15/2006, 07:22 PM
I'm positive you crazy bastardos could show me a good time. :texan:

:eek:

Anyways. Amsterdam. Like everyone has already said, you cant get in trouble for smoking the ganja there. You cant get in trouble for smoking it unless you have pot on you.

Isn't it also legal to do a whole lot of other drugs there?

I'm so in. :D

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 07:31 PM
:eek:

Anyways. Amsterdam. Like everyone has already said, you cant get in trouble for smoking the ganja there. You cant get in trouble for smoking it unless you have pot on you.

Isn't it also legal to do a whole lot of other drugs there?

I'm so in. :D

I get the window seat on the plane.
By all means feel free to share a room with me.

Rogue
11/15/2006, 08:01 PM
I'd have to hit the hookah bar and try me some opium.

All

Day

Long.

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 08:34 PM
me and olevet are going along to make sure you guys behave.
or if you dont, at least you do it in the right way.
Chaperones-b-us.
We will show em how to show there asz with class :D

soonerboomer93
11/15/2006, 09:13 PM
I'll fly business class, aisle seat please

Cam
11/15/2006, 10:00 PM
Heh,

You don't have to smoke pot when in Amsterdam. There are some absolutely amazing museums there. There's also a sex museum that will raise the eye brows. Just don't stare too long or take pictures of the gals behind the glass doors. You'll likely get your head caved in.

Melo
11/15/2006, 10:12 PM
I get the window seat on the plane.
By all means feel free to share a room with me.

Share a room? I'd rather share a room with a guy. I got tired of girly slumber parties when I was about 12.

Thanks, though! :D

OUinFLA
11/15/2006, 10:44 PM
:pop:

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 10:54 PM
sicem just got meloaned

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 10:55 PM
sicem just got meloaned

I pretend not to like it. ;)

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 10:56 PM
You don't have to smoke pot when in Amsterdam. There are some absolutely amazing museums there. There's also a sex museum that will raise the eye brows. Just don't stare too long or take pictures of the gals behind the glass doors. You'll likely get your head caved in.
Glad you said "dont have to "
I go there Im smokin
Oh wait I do that here ;)

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 10:58 PM
I pretend not to like it. ;)
Yea you say that
But we know you are gonna go drive around In your ORANGE bug , and drown ur sorrows in zima :pop:

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 10:59 PM

I have never done and have never considered doing the smoking thing, BUT if you're Amsterdam you might as well be the typical American college student tourist.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 10:59 PM
Yea you say that
But we know you are gonna go drive around In your ORANGE bug , and drown ur sorrows in zima :pop:

It's red!

Melo
11/15/2006, 11:00 PM
SicEm: i'm not gay!
Melo: What?
SicEm: i'm not a girl!
SicEm: i just happen to enjoy some of the finer more delicate things in life.
SicEm: and i can't help it that i have delicate features!
SicEm: you heard me
SicEm: wtf
SicEm: what what
Melo: Huh?
Melo: Hussy
Melo: Hahahahaa!
SicEm: oh dear
Melo: MELOWND

:D

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 11:00 PM
oh god...

Melo
11/15/2006, 11:01 PM
It's pink!

We know. Jeebus.

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:05 PM
It's red!
I saw the Pic Its UGLY ASZ ORANGE
And you are still pawned by Melo :D

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:07 PM
oh god...
Dont be trying to threadjack this to a Politcal / Religion twist
You twisted Bastage ;)

OUinFLA
11/15/2006, 11:12 PM
heck it's already threadjacked into a zimafest.

Melo
11/15/2006, 11:13 PM
I saw the Pic Its UGLY ASZ ORANGE
And you are still pawned by Melo :D

I have a picture. It's pink. I promise.

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:13 PM
heck it's already threadjacked into a zimafest.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Help me out here Bill Im just trying to get the kids blood pumping :pop:

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:15 PM
I have a picture. It's pink. I promise.
You dont have a hair . If you dont post it now .
I thot it was Orange , But then Im old and stuff :eek:

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 11:41 PM
You dont have a hair . If you dont post it now .
I thot it was Orange , But then Im old and stuff :eek:

Here. It's red. The camera was crappy and the sun might make it look it a little orange, but it's red.

Very red
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/image001.jpg

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:47 PM
Here. It's red. The camera was crappy and the sun might make it look it a little orange, but it's red.

Very red
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/SicEmBaylor/image001.jpg
Whos that dweeb standing by that orange bug ? :P
And I need to see Melos Pic to compare

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 11:51 PM
Whos that handsome classy looking fellow with the excellent taste in cigars standing by that orange bug ? :P
And I need to see Melos Pic to compare

I hear he's a hell of a guy.

OUinFLA
11/15/2006, 11:57 PM
your grass needs watering.
btw, its orange.
what's that in your hand? A Clinton sex toy?

olevetonahill
11/15/2006, 11:59 PM
your grass needs watering.
btw, its orange.
what's that in your hand? A Clinton sex toy?
YMSSRA :D
edit I just I needed to

SicEmBaylor
11/16/2006, 12:27 AM
I think photobucket caused the pic to fade.

olevetonahill
11/16/2006, 12:59 AM
I think photobucket caused the pic to fade.
I think to many Zimas and a Lack of Punanny messed up your eyes :pop:

tbl
11/16/2006, 01:22 AM
Heh,
"there's something there for both of us!"
She-males? ;)

Bakasooner
11/16/2006, 02:02 AM
If you're really into going around the world to smoke weed....you might as well just go to Cambodia. It costs hardly anything and better quality than the stuff you get in Amsterdam (for the price). And while you're there....get the 'happy shakes' and 'happy pizzas'. Wow!

AlbqSooner
11/16/2006, 07:50 AM
I have never done and have never considered doing the smoking thing, BUT if you're Amsterdam you might as well be the typical American college student tourist.
Is 58 too old to pose as the typical American college student tourist?

Melo
11/16/2006, 09:11 AM
If you're really into going around the world to smoke weed....you might as well just go to Cambodia. It costs hardly anything and better quality than the stuff you get in Amsterdam (for the price). And while you're there....get the 'happy shakes' and 'happy pizzas'. Wow!

Or better yet... just smoke t your own place.

goodonya
11/16/2006, 09:54 AM
I have had quarterly business meetings in Amsterdam for several years. There are plenty of places to legally (Dutch Law) inhale quite a few different substances. I don't, but I have some colleagues from different parts of the world that have no issues with "takin' a trip and never leaving the farm".

The red light district is open season. You can get most anything available on the planet there. As one poster stated previously don't take pics of the girls in the windows. If you must, turn the flash off and lurk near a tree or car and take a long exposure. (I did this to show my wife and others the true bizarre nature of the district) If you venture off the high $$ main strip and make it down some of the offset alleys you will find some really wild things behind very thick glass.

The quickest way to get a feel for the city is to take a canal cruise/tour. When I was last there in July the American students were thick.

Enjoy

Rogue
11/26/2006, 10:30 PM
Jules: So, tell me again about the hashbars?

Vincent: Okay, what you wanna know?

Jules: Hash is legal there right?

Vincent: Yeah, it's legal, but it ain't a hundred percent legal. I mean, you can't walk into a restaurant, roll a joint and start puffin' away. You're only supposed to smoke in your home or certain designated places.

Jules: And those are hashbars?

Vincent: It breaks down like this: it's legal to buy it, it's legal to own it, and, if you're the proprietor of a hash bar, it's legal to sell it. It's legal to carry it, but that doesn't really matter 'cause - get a load of this - if you get stopped by the cops in amsterdam, it's illegal for them to search you. I mean, that's a right the cops in amsterdam don't have.

Jules: [Laughing] I'm going, that's all there is too it, I'm ****ing going

Vincent: Yeah baby, you'd dig it the most.
Nice.