PDA

View Full Version : O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened.

Hatfield
11/15/2006, 09:01 AM
Fox will air a two-part special with O.J. Simpson hypothetically confessing to the 1994 murders of his wife and Nicole Brown and her friend Ron Goldman. The sure-to-be-controversial special carries the working title "O.J. Simpson: If I Did It, Here's How It Happened" and will air at the end of the November sweeps period on November 27th and 29th. Publisher Judith Regan will interview Simpson for the special, in which he will tell "for the first time how he would have committed the murders if he were the one responsible for the crimes."

No surprise to hear Regan is publishing Simpson's book "If I Did It" on November 30th. Simpson was acquitted of murdering Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman, but was later sued in civil court, found responsible for both murders and ordered to pay $33.5 million in restitution to the families of the victims.

TUSooner
11/15/2006, 09:04 AM
Is it a bad thing to wish someone would shoot OJ in the head a couple of times with a large calibre weapon some dark night?

KABOOKIE
11/15/2006, 09:07 AM
It wuddit me.

Hatfield
11/15/2006, 09:08 AM
Is it a bad thing to wish someone would shoot OJ in the head a couple of times with a large calibre weapon some dark night? and then host a show saying if they did it this is how they did it...

i don't think so at all.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/15/2006, 09:09 AM
Too freaking Bizarre. I'm sure some people will watch the stupid thing, and report/talk about it on SO.

bri
11/15/2006, 09:10 AM
I'm sure some people will watch the stupid thing, and report/talk about it on SO.

Nah, that's silly. Who would do something that retarded?

Hatfield
11/15/2006, 09:16 AM
i bet he used ninjas

Jerk
11/15/2006, 09:19 AM
It won't be accurate. Fox only tells the Neo-con/Haliburton side of the story. OJ didn't do it...the glove didn't fit..didn't you guys see that the glove did not fit? It was all a racists plot by Detective Mark Fhurerman because he didn't like no white woman dating a black man.

yermom
11/15/2006, 09:31 AM
if i ever kill anyone, i'm wearing gloves that are 2 sizes too small :D

Okla-homey
11/15/2006, 09:37 AM
I had an "Evidence" prof. who got to see some photos of Nicole, taken after the crime, that haven't made it into general circulation

He mentioned it when discussing the issue of whether or not particularly disturbing pics may or should be shown to a jury.

Anyhoo, he said whoever did it, had nearly cut her head clean-off. Her neck was deeply cut from behind one ear, obviously using a sawing motion, all the way to behind the other ear. Her head only remained attached to her body by a bit of tissue and that pesky (but tough) cervical spine.:D

Jerk
11/15/2006, 09:42 AM
Anyhoo, he said whoever did it, had nearly cut her head clean-off. Her neck was deeply cut from behind one ear, obviously using a sawing motion, all the way to behind the other ear. Her head only remained attached to her body by a bit of tissue and that pesky (but tough) cervical spine.:D

See!!! See!!! It couldn't have been O.J.! It HAD to be a big strong athelete!

TUSooner
11/15/2006, 09:46 AM
I'm sure some people will watch the stupid thing, and report/talk about it on SO.

Nah, that's silly. Who would do something that retarded?

A rasslin fan, maybe?

I look forward to your report. :D

11/15/2006, 09:59 AM
Sad to think OJ will probably make lots of moolah for that show.

picasso
11/15/2006, 10:02 AM
you guys remember Dana Carvey's HBO special not long after the OJ thing?
He had a hilarious take on it, talking about how the ENTIRE L.A. police force was out to get OJ, all the way up to president Clinton: "boy I sure love those Naked Gun movies but yer right, we have to get that sunnuvabitch!"

Scott D
11/15/2006, 10:02 AM
And here I thought ole cloney would jump to support another republican in his time of money pandering.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:16 AM
He would have killed her with the killing charm Avada Kedavra!!!

BeetDigger
11/15/2006, 10:23 AM
And until I heard about this, I don't think that OJ had crossed my conscienceness for about five years. Damn him for getting some publicity. On the other hand, perhaps him getting some publicity will attract Paris Hilton to him. This might not be such a bad thing.

picasso
11/15/2006, 10:26 AM
why can't they just get one of those CSI shows to re-open the case? they solve that stuff in one hour.

or that chick with the bad haircut from cold case. we could listen to circa '95 music all over again.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:29 AM
If he killed Paris Hilton I would wipe his slate clean and allow him to do Naked Gun movies again!

11/15/2006, 10:37 AM
And here I thought ole cloney would jump to support another republican in his time of money pandering.Your gaggle of commies fooled enough people into voting for them. Let's see how quickly they can pull the troops from the Middle East.

Scott D
11/15/2006, 01:03 PM
Your gaggle of commies fooled enough people into voting for them. Let's see how quickly they can pull the troops from the Middle East.

you amuse me, since I didn't vote for any of them. I still think they should go after the real terrorists..in pa hoe nix.

OhU1
11/15/2006, 01:32 PM
Wow. This is kind of like Ted Bundy describing his murders "hypothetically" years before he admitted he did it on the eve of execution. These psychopaths cannot resist reliving their crimes and getting attention.

bri
11/15/2006, 01:34 PM
Has OJ started painting clown portraits yet?

Widescreen
11/15/2006, 01:41 PM
Even if he did confess, he's immune from prosecution now, right?

JohnnyMack
11/15/2006, 01:59 PM
Has OJ started painting clown portraits yet?

Apparently at one point in the video the Juice looks into the camera and says, "I'd fu*k me. I'd fu*k me so hard."

OhU1
11/15/2006, 02:15 PM

Yep, that is unless he was some white guy who got acquitted in state court. Then there would be a "do over" prosecution in Federal Court.

Okla-homey
11/15/2006, 02:41 PM

Well, technically, the double-jeopardy rule would only apply to a state charge. Now, that said, if he could be charged for some federal crime (and I'm guessing the fed. statutes have something in there about taking a dim view of double homicide) he could be tried for the crime again.

IOW, the Constitution only bars double-jeopardy by the same sovereign. State and Federal are two different sovereigns. That's Federalism.

Whether or not the US Attorney's office would choose to bring the charges is entirely another kettle of fish.

Ike
11/15/2006, 02:44 PM
why can't they just get one of those CSI shows to re-open the case? they solve that stuff in one hour.

or that chick with the bad haircut from cold case. we could listen to circa '95 music all over again.

damn skippy. all they need are a few bags full of potentially questionable evidence and a montage.

jk the sooner fan
11/15/2006, 02:45 PM
i dont know of a statute in 18 usc that he could be tried for, he wasnt on federal jurisdiction, nor were the victims federal employee's.......there's no fed connection i can see, so i dont know how he would worry about a federal prosecution

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 02:53 PM
you guys remember Dana Carvey's HBO special not long after the OJ thing?
He had a hilarious take on it, talking about how the ENTIRE L.A. police force was out to get OJ, all the way up to president Clinton: "boy I sure love those Naked Gun movies but yer right, we have to get that sunnuvabitch!"

heh

"but its just too hard for me to comprehend this "spontaneous conspiracy" theory.... I mean someone walks up to you at 5:30AM on South Bundy avenue and says
"Hey, we're framing OJ... you in?"
"Framing OJ... I could get in trouble for that, and besides all that I Reaaally like OJ.... but you're right.... its just too good... I'm in"

Your honor is powerful man.Your honor is smart man. You're honor is a handsome man. If I was gay, I'd have sex with your honor. Ito has three letters, God has three letters, can't be a coincidence.

OhU1
11/15/2006, 02:56 PM
i dont know of a statute in 18 usc that he could be tried for, he wasnt on federal jurisdiction, nor were the victims federal employee's.......there's no fed connection i can see, so i dont know how he would worry about a federal prosecution

The federal charge is under a deprivation of civil rights theory not for murder in this type of case.

jk the sooner fan
11/15/2006, 03:13 PM
good luck finding a US Attorney willing to prosecute that

OhU1
11/15/2006, 03:32 PM
good luck finding a US Attorney willing to prosecute that
Exactly, see my post near the top of the page. There has to be some political reason to prosecute.

dolemitesooner
11/15/2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe I am the only one ...but there really is no way Oj did it.

BeetDigger
11/15/2006, 04:58 PM
Maybe I am the only one ...but there really is no way Oj did it.

Sincerely,
Charles Manson

:texan:

dolemitesooner
11/15/2006, 05:53 PM
He did not ****ing do it ...OJ WAS INNOCENT..AND HE IS LOOKING FOR HIS KILLER..i EMAN WTF IS WRING WITH YOUN people .....he did not ****ind do it;/

He was found innocent because the evendince showed he didnt ****ing do it.

It is a shame that this man has been treated the way he has tha bitches parnets took all his money and now he ****in g cant get a job.

I ts ludicras the guy has to resort to matters like this where he talks about hyopotheticly killing the woman he loves to make money beacuse ****ing idoits think he killed her.

He did not do it

yermom
11/15/2006, 05:56 PM
maybe you should have been his lawyer in the civil trial then

dolemitesooner
11/15/2006, 05:58 PM
No matter waht he was going to get nailed in the civil trail...because the ****ing media machine had convicted him.

If you think he did it you are a moron.

**** lay off oij

stoops the eternal pimp
11/15/2006, 06:01 PM
Everybody knows the horse-pigs did it

yermom
11/15/2006, 06:01 PM
and what exactly are you basing this on?

dolemitesooner
11/15/2006, 06:05 PM
I saw it with my own eyes I get so sick of ****ing people say oj did it...****

11/15/2006, 06:31 PM
you amuse me, since I didn't vote for any of them. I still think they should go after the real terrorists..in pa hoe nix.Bully for us! So, are you a Contrarian, or what?

Okla-homey
11/15/2006, 07:44 PM
Sometimes I wish I knew how to use that "masky" thing to hide stuff...you know, a spoiler tag.

Here's the thing. I have on very good authority, that the cops found at the crime scene...

DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF EASILY OFFENDED

Nicole's breast implants. Cut from her body and tossed onto the yard. Now I ask ya, WTF would do that except the guy who bought them? It was never mentioned or alleged at trial because Nicole's family begged the prosecutors office not to do so. They found it too "embarrassing."

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 07:48 PM
[ spoil ] [ /spoil ]

let me see

OJ DID IT

Without the spaces and now you figured it out ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 07:58 PM
IOW, the Constitution only bars double-jeopardy by the same sovereign. State and Federal are two different sovereigns. That's Federalism.

Well holy hell, color me pink and bend me over backwards....

Have you NOT argued against me 10,000 times that dual sovereignty doesn't exist???

Are you agreeing with me now or am I simply misunderstanding how dual sovereignty apparently exists when trying an individual for the same crime in state/federal courts, but doesn't exist when one sovereign exercises its [b]reserved[b] constitutional power because of the usurpation of that sovereign's power by the other?

Okla-homey
11/15/2006, 08:05 PM
Well holy hell, color me pink and bend me over backwards....

Have you NOT argued against me 10,000 times that dual sovereignty doesn't exist???

Are you agreeing with me now or am I simply misunderstanding how dual sovereignty apparently exists when trying an individual for the same crime in state/federal courts, but doesn't exist when one sovereign exercises its [b]reserved[b] constitutional power because of the usurpation of that sovereign's power by the other?

No, I'm simply explaining how federalism is applied to questions of criminal prosecution when the Vth Amedment is invoked. That's something that is well settled in Federal jurisprudence. All that "states rights" drivel you ladle is just smoke and mirrors by unReconstructed Cornfeds who pine for the days of yore when happy darkies picked cotton and massa drank juleps on the veranda.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 08:09 PM
No, I'm simply explaining how federalism is applied to questions of criminal prosecution when the Vth Amedment is invoked. That's something that is well settled in Federal jurisprudence. All that "states rights" drivel you ladle is just smoke and mirrors by unReconstructed Cornfeds who pine for the days of yore when happy darkies picked cotton and massa drank juleps on the veranda.

To be fair those were sweet time unpaid labor is better than cheap labor for sure!!! Unless you were dark skinned anyway

Jerk
11/15/2006, 08:36 PM

Actually, I think it has more to do with not wanting my life dictated to me by the masses in NY and CA. Oklahoma shouldn't be forced to live under massachussettes values just because they have more people to vote it in. That is why I am for state's rights. It has nothing to do with race.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 10:50 PM
Actually, I think it has more to do with not wanting my life dictated to me by the masses in NY and CA. Oklahoma shouldn't be forced to live under massachussettes values just because they have more people to vote it in. That is why I am for state's rights. It has nothing to do with race.

Jerk, you warm my soul. You get it my friend; you get it.
Spek to you!

TrophyCollector
11/15/2006, 11:04 PM

Did technically he have to kidnap them in order to kill them? I mean it would be hard to argue that they stayed there of their own free will while taking turns getting their heads chopped off.

Yea, it's a stretch, but he should hang somehow.

jk the sooner fan
11/15/2006, 11:07 PM
i think kidnapping, in the definition that you're using, has to occur over a longer period of time

TrophyCollector
11/15/2006, 11:07 PM
Is Hertz going to sponsor the interview show?

StoopTroup
11/16/2006, 01:03 AM
I just wonder if Johnny Cochran gave OJ the idea before he died as kind of a joke. :D

Okla-homey
11/16/2006, 06:19 AM

So, does that mean you support DOMA* or not. I'm confused.;)

The Federal "Defense of Marriage Act" has two main effects.

1. No state (or other political subdivision within the United States) need recognize a marriage between persons of the same sex, even if the marriage was concluded or recognized in another state.
2. The Federal Government may not recognize same-sex or polygamous marriages for any purpose, even if concluded or recognized by one of the states.

*1 U.S.C. § 7 and 28 U.S.C. § 1738C

Jerk
11/16/2006, 06:38 AM
So, does that mean you support DOMA* or not. I'm confused.;)

The Federal "Defense of Marriage Act" has two main effects.

1. No state (or other political subdivision within the United States) need recognize a marriage between persons of the same sex, even if the marriage was concluded or recognized in another state.
2. The Federal Government may not recognize same-sex or polygamous marriages for any purpose, even if concluded or recognized by one of the states.

*1 U.S.C. § 7 and 28 U.S.C. § 1738C

It should be a state issue, but I agree with 1. Heck, I agree with 2. too

Homey, why don't we just get rid of the state governments?

ETA 1. actually gives states more freedom to decide the issue. 2. Has nothing to do with states or state's rights.

TrophyCollector
11/16/2006, 07:35 AM
i think kidnapping, in the definition that you're using, has to occur over a longer period of time

Hey, what about charging him with hate crimes? They were of different races.

Okla-homey
11/16/2006, 07:42 AM
It should be a state issue, but I agree with 1. Heck, I agree with 2. too

Homey, why don't we just get rid of the state governments?

ETA 1. actually gives states more freedom to decide the issue. 2. Has nothing to do with states or state's rights.

but #2 means that the Federal gubmint is free to ignore the law of a particular state. That's mostly what the Civil War settled once and for all.

also, we can't get rid of state governments, nor should we. This country is just too big to be administered entirely from Washington.

soonerjoker
11/16/2006, 09:58 AM
didn't that POS violate their "civil rights" ???

TUSooner
11/16/2006, 10:18 AM
didn't that POS violate their "civil rights" ???
Without getting into a lengthy recitation of statutes and stuff (which I can't remember off the to of my head even though I deal with some of them almost every month :O ), violating one's civil rights is not just an amorphous catch all to slap down azzholes. It generally requires the involvement of a "state actor" like a cop, for example, and there must be a recognized US Constitutional right, like the right to not have your liberty restricted by false arrest, for example. Every time one citizen screws over another one is not a violation of a "constitutional right."

TUSooner
11/16/2006, 10:23 AM
SERIOUSLY
If you watch that POS's TV show or read his book, you are supprting a vicious butchering murderer. You might as well send him a nice card saying "it's OK now". Include a check, too, because you are putting money in his pocket.
If you think OJ is scum, do not give him the attention and legitimacy he craves. Either shoot him or ignore him.

<dismounts soap box>

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 10:34 AM
he already got the money upfront for the show and the book, i doubt it matters how many viewers fox gets for this

regardless, i wont watch or read.....i already know what happened

what innocent man talks about the mother of his children like this? "how i would have murdered her?"

what a pathetic sick bastard he is....

i hope the jurors that participated in that nullifcation project feel good about what they did

TUSooner
11/16/2006, 10:51 AM
he already got the money upfront for the show and the book, i doubt it matters how many viewers fox gets for this

what innocent man talks about the mother of his children like this? "how i would have murdered her?"

i hope the jurors that participated in that nullifcation project feel good about what they did
Yeah, I know. :(
As the Psalm says: "The wicked freely strut about when what is vile is honored among men."

Still, as a matter of principle, the guy should be shunned in every possible way instead of being allowed to skulk and sneak back into the public eye.

Fugue
11/16/2006, 10:57 AM

same goes for the DA office, imo. They didn't prosecute in a great way.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 11:07 AM
they got outlawyered, no doubt, but he had enough money at his disposal to pull that off......the jury should have been smart enough to see thru the smoke and mirrors game......they nullified that simply because of race, and no other issue

Fugue
11/16/2006, 11:11 AM
they got outlawyered, no doubt, but he had enough money at his disposal to pull that off......the jury should have been smart enough to see thru the smoke and mirrors game......they nullified that simply because of race, and no other issue

agreed, but things like "the glove" incident just makes a jury collectively go, "wtf are they doing?"

11/16/2006, 11:15 AM
SERIOUSLY
If you watch that POS's TV show or read his book, you are supprting a vicious butchering murderer. You might as well send him a nice card saying "it's OK now". Include a check, too, because you are putting money in his pocket.
If you think OJ is scum, do not give him the attention and legitimacy he craves. Either shoot him or ignore him.

<dismounts soap box>FWIW to the commies amongst us, those are my sentiments, exactly.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 11:20 AM
agreed, but things like "the glove" incident just makes a jury collectively go, "wtf are they doing?"

what choice did they have? seriously, if the jury isnt smart enough to see that OJ is putting on an act with the glove not fitting.....who the F spreads out their hand as wide as they can when putting on gloves?

just absurd......the prosecution gave their best effort, at some point you have to rely on the jury to pull their head out of their *** and make the decision based on fact and not on emotion

11/16/2006, 11:28 AM
what choice did they have? seriously, if the jury isnt smart enough to see that OJ is putting on an act with the glove not fitting.....who the F spreads out their hand as wide as they can when putting on gloves?

just absurd......the prosecution gave their best effort, at some point you have to rely on the jury to pull their head out of their *** and make the decision based on fact and not on emotionIsn't he somehow laying blame on the prosecution for said nonsense? The verdict was a racial thing-affirmative action.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 11:30 AM
what would you have the prosecution do? go over and force the glove on his hand? please.....

the thing that sank the prosecution more than anything was Mark Furhman.....and frankly if the LAPD didnt have the reputation they did previously, it probably wouldnt have been an issue

Scott D
11/16/2006, 03:26 PM
Isn't he somehow laying blame on the prosecution for said nonsense? The verdict was a racial thing-affirmative action.

bull****. the verdict was a celebrity-rich thing. Jerry Seinfeld could have done the same thing and woulda likely walked..just like Shatner, and Blake.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 03:32 PM
bull****. the verdict was a celebrity-rich thing. Jerry Seinfeld could have done the same thing and woulda likely walked..just like Shatner, and Blake.

bull****, the verdict WAS all about race.....you think a white jury would have acquitted him? hell no, that was racial jury nullification

that was punishment for LAPD vs Rodney King and all the other incidents the black community endured over the years

the only thing the celebrity had to do with that trial was the lawyers he was able to afford

Scott D
11/16/2006, 03:35 PM
so are you insinuating that if he'd had Joe Davis from a smallish law firm or even a public defender. He'd have gotten off because of race? I won't deny that his lawyers played a race card in getting jurists from a larger pool than they would have gotten based upon the location of the crime and the jury pool in that area. However, Celebrity and Wealth played a large role as well.

Had it been say, Joe Montana that'd committed those crimes, the jury wouldn't have had the same makeup as the OJ jury.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 03:43 PM
i'm saying that the black jury would have found anybody else guilty under the very same circumstances

they took OJ and acquitted him to punish LAPD.......if he had been white, they would have convicted him

we can agree to disagree but it was all about race........watching the public reactions after the verdict is proof of it

blacks were rejoicing in the streets

frankensooner
11/16/2006, 03:49 PM
Hey, Jacko got aquitted too, I think money had a lot to do with it. (Plus all the freaks partying in the streets were of all races and creeds)

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 03:53 PM
the jacko case was a MUCH different animal

the accusations against him were very flimsy and very tough to prove beyond a reasonable doubt....the mother of the one kid totally discredited the prosecutions case

mj and oj are apples and oranges

Scott D
11/16/2006, 04:54 PM
Hey, Jacko got aquitted too, I think money had a lot to do with it. (Plus all the freaks partying in the streets were of all races and creeds)

yeah, poor example. Using William Shatner or Robert Blake would have been more valid.

jk, I'm not disagreeing that race played into the verdict. I'm more or less saying that it played into the verdict because of the fame and money involved on OJ's part. The standard jury pool for that area would have had perhaps a handful of african-american candidates. Just as how I'm saying that if it'd been a jury comprised of all caucasians with a sprinkle of minorities it's just as likely that a caucasian celebrity would have gotten acquitted.

jk the sooner fan
11/16/2006, 04:56 PM
remember the trial was moved from brentwood to los angeles....had he been tried in his own neighborhood, he'd be in the california penal institution right now

Scott D
11/16/2006, 05:03 PM
remember the trial was moved from brentwood to los angeles....had he been tried in his own neighborhood, he'd be in the california penal institution right now

full agreement here. His defense lawyers were very skillful in manipulating it into a racial issue. Getting the trial moved, vastly altering the jury pool, using the media to drive wedges in the right places. The prosecution was outmaneuvered from the day the phone calls went out to Cochran, F. Lee Bailey, and Alan Dershowitz.

Subsequent murder trials for celebrities whom are/were very well known and at one time plastered either on TV or the big screen that had a lot of publicity ended up being in those home areas, and they were acquitted as well. Those decisions I think more than anything pointed toward Celebrity status/Money being the underlying reason for those acquittals. That was the point I was making. Race came into play, but only becase celebrity/money allowed it to come into play.

Scott D
11/16/2006, 05:04 PM
oh, and clearly if OJ didn't do it, then the LAPD needs to look into the wherabouts of one Jayson Hartless in the time frame in question. ;)

Mjcpr
11/20/2006, 05:19 PM
CANCELLED!! (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2669635)

yermom
11/20/2006, 05:30 PM
wouldn't the family have a claim on any money OJ made on it?

yermom
11/20/2006, 06:27 PM
Absolutely.

i mean he owes them like 25 Million that they can't get from his NFL pension and house or something

RacerX
11/20/2006, 06:32 PM
the chewbacca defense!!!!

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
11/20/2006, 06:40 PM
Racer, were you working the day the OJ verdict was read?

I was working at Mabel and all of the inmates erupted in cheers. Scariest day of my adult life, including the May 3 tornadoes.

TexasSooner01
11/20/2006, 07:09 PM
wouldn't the family have a claim on any money OJ made on it?

Absolutely.

VeeJay
11/20/2006, 07:11 PM
How did Kato Kaelin survive? 'Cos if anyone should have been taken out, it's him.