PDA

View Full Version : Baylor was pretty good earlier this year...

Soonerus
11/15/2006, 12:00 AM
...I am glad they suck now......

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 12:03 AM
That tends to happen when you lose the best QB you've had in at least 10 years and your defense suddenly decides to call it a season.
:ugh:

Thank God I won't see the blood bath this weekend.

Soonerus
11/15/2006, 12:05 AM
I knew there had been key injuries and I think prior to the injuries Baylor was a pretty good team...

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 12:08 AM
I knew there had been key injuries and I think prior to the injuries Baylor was a pretty good team...

Aye, we were clicking pretty well we peaked at mid-season against Aggie.
I'm convinced we would have beat Aggie if Bell could have finished that drive that he was injured on and our defense could have held for just one more possession.

Saturday you all will be playing what looks like a Steele era team.

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2006, 12:12 AM
I personally wish they were still good. It would be much more impressive when we bury them Saturday.

SicEmBaylor
11/15/2006, 12:21 AM
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/rumi_russian/7000socrealizm_obrazVozhdja_kruschevKuzkinamatUN.j pg

The evil red empire...

Crucifax Autumn
11/15/2006, 12:27 AM
looks like youexceeded your bandwidth...

I foresee a similar situation Saturday.

Soonerus
11/15/2006, 12:28 AM
I think Hanta Yo is not the correct Charles Thompson head-band wording....

Boomer.....
11/15/2006, 08:28 AM
The last few years, Baylor has started off great and knocked off some decent opponents. Just when it looks like they might become useful to the BIG 12 and bring in some bowl money, the fall apart and end up a game or two short of being bowl eligible.

Luthor
11/15/2006, 08:40 AM
Don't fool yourself. Morris is a dang good coach. The one thing holding him back is the lack of quality depth and that is a problem that is not easily solved at a private school with tough entry requirements. Baylor will need some tremendous luck to have a top notch team in any given year because of their limitations in drawing numbers. With the flood of injuries we've had the only reason we haven't already lost 4 games is our depth. About 40% of the depth that Mack signed for the future is now starting and it shows.

tommieharris91
11/15/2006, 01:46 PM
"Baylor was pretty good eaerlier in the year"

That's like saying Adarius Bowman and Bobby Reid were Heisman candidates.

sooneron
11/15/2006, 01:58 PM
I am glad that baylor is depleated coming into this game. We need a game with a little less intensity out of the opp. before the puke game.

MRNOTDUCKS
11/16/2006, 02:24 PM
Aye, we were clicking pretty well we peaked at mid-season against Aggie.
I'm convinced we would have beat Aggie if Bell could have finished that drive that he was injured on and our defense could have held for just one more possession.

Saturday you all will be playing what looks like a Steele era team.

I'm just trying to understand how you could be so convinced that Bell would have won the game for you guys. The Bell I saw that game was running for his life -- which was how he got hurt in the first place. A&M dominated the line on both sides of the ball, moved the ball at will on offense, only to stall in the red zone (as we did against the Sooners and NU). The A&M secondary gave up two big pass plays in the first half before dropping the safety into coverage which eliminated your deep ball possibilities. The deep ball was all you had that game. So how exactly was Bell going to pull out the win?

Texas Golfer
11/16/2006, 05:58 PM
I was at the BU/A&M game. There's no way of knowing whether or not Bell could have pulled out the win had he not gotten injured. But I've seen him do it before (against KU and A&M two years ago). During those two comebacks, he was nothing short of awesome.

But when Bell was injured, you could see the life of the Bears get sucked out of them. They haven't been the same since.