PDA

View Full Version : Interesting little tidbit I stumbled on while browsing the National Park Service site

49r
11/14/2006, 09:46 PM
While looking at the Big Bend National Park website tonight I noticed something that gave me a bit of a chuckle...

http://www.nps.gov/bibe/

Scroll down to the paragraph following the "Big Bend and the Border" section.

:pop:

hurricane'bone
11/14/2006, 09:52 PM
heh.

proud gonzo
11/14/2006, 10:36 PM
*chuckle*

LoyalFan
11/14/2006, 11:24 PM
I'd love to perch on the heights overlooking the river, trusty .270 in hand, and pick the bastadges off as they do the backstroke.
With Liberty and Justice for all, so long as they speak English.

LF

Rogue
11/14/2006, 11:33 PM
I'd love to perch on the heights overlooking the river, trusty .270 in hand, and pick the bastadges off as they do the backstroke.
With Liberty and Justice for all, so long as they speak English.

LF

You realize these are PEOPLE, right? I know, they're coming to steal our healthcare and cause wrecks on our highways, but damn dude this is a little harsh. Someone pointed out the other day about the similarities between the Mexicans today and the Irish and Italians earlier. Got me to thinking about boxing and how the best boxers are usually from the most struggling ethnic groups in the US.

Big Bend and the Border

In addition to defining the curve that forms the Big Bend, the Rio Grande also serves as the international boundary between the United States and Mexico. Throughout much of its history the border along the Rio Grande has often been fluid, allowing people of both countries to come and go as needed. However, the border is an artificial boundary imposed on the natural environment, and as such is subject to political and social pressures.

Rogue
11/14/2006, 11:34 PM
Oh, you prolly meant these doods backstroking in the park...
Black Bears & Big Bend

Once extirpated by hunting, black bears returned to the Chisos Mountains nearly twenty years ago. This natural reintroduction of an animal species provided many challenges for park staff, park visitors, and the bears themselves.

LoyalFan
11/14/2006, 11:46 PM
You realize these are PEOPLE, right? I know, they're coming to steal our healthcare and cause wrecks on our highways, but damn dude this is a little harsh. Someone pointed out the other day about the similarities between the Mexicans today and the Irish and Italians earlier. Got me to thinking about boxing and how the best boxers are usually from the most struggling ethnic groups in the US.

Yep, I realize these are people, and I have, for decades, grieved for the suffering they endure in the Cesspool-To-The-South and prayed for their deliverance from the crime and corruption that blights their very existence.
That doesn't mean I can tolerate the invasion by those who have been so emboldened by our weak-kneed policies that they now seek the "Reconquista"of the Southwest.
All they envision is a welfare state where they live the good life at our expense. What the stupid cretins DON'T understand is that their utopian Atzlan ("Land of the *Aztec") would be just an extension of the corrupt POS that is Mexico.
A former (deceased, thank God) Archbishop in San Antonio said "Vote with your wombs!" Yeah, great. They are springing their scrofulous pups on the taxpayers' tab.
To the good people of La Republica de Mexico I say; Heal your own country. We don't owe you jack-s--t!

LF

*The wonderful folks who practiced human sacrificel

Rogue
11/14/2006, 11:57 PM
Damn dood, you were serious.

proud gonzo
11/14/2006, 11:58 PM
I think you people are ignoring the funny part.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1482/bigbendnationalparkwebsvx1.jpg

LoyalFan
11/14/2006, 11:59 PM
Damn dood, you were serious.

You betcha! Try living here in the Fourth World!

LF

proud gonzo
11/15/2006, 12:03 AM
REWRITE, HAHAHAHA GET IT???

StoopTroup
11/15/2006, 12:13 AM
There was a Tarantula siting in that one too...:D

http://www.nps.gov/imr/customcf/apps/CMS_HandF/Pictures/BIBE_dyk_tarantula.jpg

49r
11/15/2006, 03:58 PM
REWRITE, HAHAHAHA GET IT???

:pop: :pop: :pop: :pop:

swardboy
11/15/2006, 04:52 PM
Caught this tidbit on Neil Bortz' show today...600 islamic-middle eastern types have been apprehended illegally crossing the border. If this accounts for the typical 10% that are caught, it means approx. 6,000 are in the country via this means....

Rogue
11/15/2006, 08:04 PM
Caught this tidbit on Neil Bortz' show today...

(SIGH)