PDA

View Full Version : Same old Sampson

colleyvillesooner
11/14/2006, 09:35 PM
Half way through the first and Indiana has gone off for 10pts. Good luck with all that.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/14/2006, 09:48 PM
Don't worry, at half time he will be calling all sorts of recruits!

TopDaugIn2000
11/14/2006, 10:09 PM
26 points in the first half. lighting them up, huh?

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/14/2006, 10:26 PM
Funny thing though...his team is still winning...God I hate winners

Octavian
11/14/2006, 11:01 PM
49 points for Indiana w/ less than 3:30 to play...

strangely familiar....

and they're losing.

Octavian
11/14/2006, 11:02 PM
Indiana just made their first FG in over 10 minutes...

IronSooner
11/14/2006, 11:03 PM
26 points in the first half. lighting them up, huh?

Yeah I watched the first half, got bored at halftime and turned it off. Looked typical to me. Not quite as much worthless pass-around on the perimeter, but the scoring and fouls looked familiar. IU with the lead now...up 5 with 3 min to go. And in the 50's. Nothing surprising there.

IronSooner
11/14/2006, 11:14 PM
Oh MAN what a shot! "What if it goes..." And it does.

Congrats IU. Welcome to Sampson Ball.

Octavian
11/14/2006, 11:14 PM
60-55 Butler beats Indiana.

Hoosier fans must be impressed...

proudsoonergal
11/14/2006, 11:15 PM
Uh.....congrats to BUTLER for beating IU at home.

royalfan5
11/14/2006, 11:19 PM
Uh.....congrats to BUTLER for beating IU at home.
They beat IU in Indianapolis at Conseco which is Butler's hometown. Butler beat IU last year with Mike Davis at the helm too. Butler also is a pretty solid team that plays in a solid conference. The Butler Program has a had a lot of success over the last 10 years and as a program know how to win.

william_brasky
11/14/2006, 11:29 PM
I watched it.

Yep, same old same old.

They stand around on offense. They went into a "prevent" offense with a late lead. Ugh.

They put together a few more games like that before Christmas, and the Hoosier faithful will be sending a UHaul to the Sampson homestead.

colleyvillesooner
11/14/2006, 11:29 PM
from their insiders board:

Your right Fourth. I was thinking the same thing. I think the team needs time to gell. Dickie V had one thing right tonight when he said the team is not used to playing the Sampson style yet and it will take time. I was impressed with the intensity the guys had in the early going but I think the foul trouble really frustrated them. They have to learn to adjust their game accordingly. I hate the loss but it's a very young season and it will take time.

Uh, lets see. 55 points in a game, 7+ minute drought, bad end of a 19-2 run and a blown 12 point lead? I'd say they've got the system nailed. ;)

william_brasky
11/14/2006, 11:34 PM
They beat IU in Indianapolis at Conseco which is Butler's hometown. Butler beat IU last year with Mike Davis at the helm too. Butler also is a pretty solid team that plays in a solid conference. The Butler Program has a had a lot of success over the last 10 years and as a program know how to win.

Yeah, but for Butler to beat IU is huge in the state of Indiana.

Welcome to Indiana basketball KS.

OUstud
11/14/2006, 11:39 PM
I'll take this year's potential struggles for a brighter future over having all those stud freshmen that would get run off anyway. Plus, our style so far>KS style.

Octavian
11/14/2006, 11:40 PM
from their insiders board:

Uh, lets see. 55 points in a game, 7+ minute drought, bad end of a 19-2 run and a blown 12 point lead? I'd say they've got the system nailed. ;)

exactly...that is the system

Rhino
11/14/2006, 11:41 PM
Oh man, that's pretty rich.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/14/2006, 11:51 PM
I am just thankful he is gone....talk about the worst teams in the history of OU when he was here...doesn't Sampson have the worst winning percentage of any active NCAA head coach!

IronSooner
11/14/2006, 11:56 PM
Upper level mediocrity. What Michigan has struggled with until this year.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 12:05 AM
WellI am glad this year's coaching change is suddenly going to make our fans into Duke level fans

proudsoonergal
11/15/2006, 12:11 AM

And look what happened to Mike Davis!!!!! :D

(anybody seen Clue?) :rolleyes:

badger
11/15/2006, 12:12 AM
I doodled this up quick. I will take the pleasure of posting this after every Indiana loss. I'll let you connect the dots.
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2475/calvinsimpsonbx8.jpg

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 09:43 AM
Too all you loyal Sampson fans.............He put us on probation.....left us with few recruits and nearly killed the program..........time to quit singing his praises..............I feel asleep 10 times watching that debacle. Yes Butler is good.....He got outscored 20-8 down the stretch............That is HIS program.....get a lead and hope...........HE PUT US ON PROBATION......Geez

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:07 AM
Probation is what Switzer left us on...not what Sampson left us on...I mean we still get to watch OU basketball on tv since we know nobody is going to go until it gets interesting enough!

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 10:20 AM
Probation is what Switzer left us on...not what Sampson left us on...I mean we still get to watch OU basketball on tv since we know nobody is going to go until it gets interesting enough!

Different times.........they don't give TV as a punishment anymore....it costs THEM (NCAA) money......They take visits and scholarships

If you think we are not on probation.........If you can't see what he has done to this program.....there is nothing I can say that will matter........so I won't

GrapevineSooner
11/15/2006, 10:25 AM
I think we can still go to a post-season tournament as well, just for the record.

FW, do you do anything else besides complain about crap?

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 10:27 AM
I think we can still go to a post-season tournament as well, just for the record.

he does......this......alot......... ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:28 AM
I know this man got us to NCAA tournament almost every single year He had a Final Four and a Sweet Sixteen....he had this program good enough that UCONN's and Duke's were willing to play us here. But on the flip side the team was boring which gave our fans a pass to totally not support them properly. Over Sampson tenure we were Top 25 I would say 80% of the time...Now take teams with a similar record and compare their fan bases...we never gave Sampson anything other than a paycheck..he never got any loyalty or respect and I don't blame him one bit for leaving us in any condition he left us because we didn't earn better.

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 10:35 AM

What the heck am I complaining about????

Even if I am.....that's the way it is here....Dude

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 10:38 AM
What the heck am I complaining about????

Even if I am.....that's the way it is here....Dude

Hey Grapevine, you got:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d40/calland/owned.gif
:D:D

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 10:39 AM
he does......this......alot......... ;)

Colleyville, please, please try to find "alot" in the dictionary.......the word does not exist............

I am just trying to make a point about Sampson and a few of you would rather attack me........I can take it......

GG likes Sampson....I don't....GG is passionate about what he believes in.......I love that......who the heck cares.....2 days in a row though that Colleyville wants to shoot me down instead of staying with the thread.....I am not the bad guy here........

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:41 AM
http://mishilo.image.pbase.com/u13/cmnoa/upload/42525711.pwned.jpg

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 10:48 AM
Colleyville, please, please try to find "alot" in the dictionary.......the word does not exist............

I am just trying to make a point about Sampson and a few of you would rather attack me........I can take it......

GG likes Sampson....I don't....GG is passionate about what he believes in.......I love that......who the heck cares.....2 days in a row though that Colleyville wants to shoot me down instead of staying with the thread.....I am not the bad guy here........

NO ONE IS ATTACKING YOU!!!!! Just having a little fun. I agree with you, remember?

And I know alot isn't in the dictionary. Neither is moran, teh, or noob, but that doesn't seem to stop anybody. I'm not so sure "......" is proper either. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:55 AM
NO ONE IS ATTACKING YOU!!!!! Just having a little fun. I agree with you, remember?

And I know alot isn't in the dictionary. Neither is moran, teh, or noob, but that doesn't seem to stop anybody. I'm not so sure "......" is proper either. ;)

Just because you got Pwned doesn't mean you should start backtracking now...noob

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 10:57 AM
Just because you got Pwned doesn't mean you should start backtracking now...noob

i'm not even the one who "called him out"

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:58 AM
SAMPSON SUPPORTER!!

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 10:59 AM
not with this avatar I'm not. ;)

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 11:00 AM
I know this man got us to NCAA tournament almost every single year He had a Final Four and a Sweet Sixteen....he had this program good enough that UCONN's and Duke's were willing to play us here. But on the flip side the team was boring which gave our fans a pass to totally not support them properly. Over Sampson tenure we were Top 25 I would say 80% of the time...Now take teams with a similar record and compare their fan bases...we never gave Sampson anything other than a paycheck..he never got any loyalty or respect and I don't blame him one bit for leaving us in any condition he left us because we didn't earn better.

Did you or did you not post this!!!

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 11:35 AM
ok, you got me.

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 11:44 AM

Grapevine.........Just read parts of your blog.........sure am glad you don't complain about crap............

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 11:57 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d167/bushtit/smilies/rimshot.gif

RFH Shakes
11/15/2006, 12:19 PM
Sounds like something a battered(sp?) wife would say.;)

OUAndy1807
11/15/2006, 12:31 PM
man, there are 2 types of people on the IU boards: the people going into complete meltdown and the sunshine pumpers.

Also, the boards I have looked at are all the old style threaded bb's. I forgot how much those suck.

oumartin
11/15/2006, 01:03 PM
I think I am happy with the coaching change..

for now

Rhino
11/15/2006, 01:17 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/70e889ef-aed8-4ba9-97a6-e65f7780dc40.jpghttp://img112.imageshack.us/img112/1931/captade0105e551b40b7b47qz9.jpg

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 02:26 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/images/spin/spun-404.jpg

NormanPride
11/15/2006, 02:37 PM
I wouldn't despise Sampson as much if he hadn't screwed us as much as he did. I mean, he told us just a few days before bailing that he was here for good. Then probation, then loss of recruits, one of which is lighting it up for our worst freaking rival. I know some of that isn't entirely his fault, but it just doesn't matter. He gets credit for all the luck and good fortune he had here, so he should get credit for all the crap he left us.

And will our tourney performances and the frustrating nature of those teams, he just didn't have much leeway with me. :mad:

JohnnyMack
11/15/2006, 02:41 PM
I think it's high time I posted my "eat ****" picture in this thread.

colleyvillesooner
11/15/2006, 02:55 PM
I think it's high time I posted my "eat ****" picture in this thread.

I can't believe it's still up in the other thread.

SoonerBBall
11/15/2006, 03:45 PM
I swear that most of the people who talk OU basketball have never played the game in their life. We have such a clueless fanbase.

oumartin
11/15/2006, 03:55 PM
I learned all i need to know watching 6 on 6 girls basketball. so there ;)

Fugue
11/15/2006, 03:55 PM
:pop:

NormanPride
11/15/2006, 05:31 PM
I swear that most of the people who talk OU basketball have never played the game in their life. We have such a clueless fanbase.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know half of what is going on, but I also tried not to bash Sampson's style too much. He was a really successful coach, but the few flaws he had were amplified for me when he left the way he did. I can forgive a lot, but he screwed us pretty bad, and was in a pretty obvious hurry to GTFO.

oumartin
11/15/2006, 06:23 PM
I also play a mean game of horse!

stoopified
11/15/2006, 06:33 PM
I am just thankful he is gone....talk about the worst teams in the history of OU when he was here...doesn't Sampson have the worst winning percentage of any active NCAA head coach! I thimk we are just a tad over the top here,Calvin Is the 2nd winningest Coach in OU history.Having said that,I must admit I am glad he is now IUs problem.He IS the new Bobby Knight,without the titles.

MojoRisen
11/15/2006, 06:42 PM
60-55 Butler beats Indiana.

Hoosier fans must be impressed...

Good night Kelvin- stuborn old bastage.... There will be a run off of the best IU players soon... Winning isn't worth pulling teeth out for it and watching a style you can't stand and the players can't stand.... my opinion though...

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 06:52 PM
Umm who is higher than Sampson he has a better winning % than Tubbs and he won and if you go by actual wins you also have to say Tubbs lost 33 more games than Sampson

stoopified
11/15/2006, 06:59 PM
Umm who is higher than Sampson he has a better winning % than Tubbs and he won and if you go by actual wins you also have to say Tubbs lost 33 more games than SampsonObviously I was going by wins,but the faxt that KS is #i in % further proves my point.You were just a tad over the top in bashing Calvin,(not that there is anything wrong with that).

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 07:09 PM
Oh **** I was being sarcastic since everyone is acting like Sampson is the ****tiest coach this side of the Mason Dixon Line

Newbomb Turk
11/15/2006, 08:36 PM
I also play a mean game of horse!

you play a mean game of horse's a$$! :D

However, the Sampson haters should give martin spek for running calvin out of town!

birddog
11/15/2006, 08:37 PM
Oh **** I was being sarcastic since everyone is acting like Sampson is the ****tiest coach this side of the Mason Dixon Line

i think he was a good coach. i just believe it was time to move in a different direction. i'm happy to have a young, talented coach in capel and look forward to what he can give us.

badger
11/15/2006, 08:40 PM
sampson's gone. go, capelball :D

fwsooner22
11/15/2006, 08:48 PM

2 Year Starter at lawton Ike.....When? A long freakin time ago.......I was better at beer drinkin at OU and going to Billys games hammered.......

I think you are selling most of the guys on here short......most of them know their hoops we are just split on the arrogance of Sampson.....As someone just wrote......Its Capelball now............

The Ensuing Kickoff
11/15/2006, 09:07 PM
FIRE CALVIN SIMPSON!!

badger
11/15/2006, 11:27 PM
I played basketball once... but because of my lack of height, it was a match made in hell.

However, basketball is something I grew up with. I don't think you need to be a gifted athlete to understand a sport.

You know what's different about Capel? He is somebody that a young team like the Sooners can relate to--- nobody expects anything out of Capel this year, nobody expects anything out of the Sooners this year. Maybe NIT at best, but not the NCAA's. Capel will grow with this program and with this team and that's what makes them a perfect match.

Sampson in Indiana is another link in a Hoosier chain. That job might as well be the new UCLA, where you either win and win a lot, or you'll be out in a few years.

mdklatt
11/16/2006, 12:16 AM
man, there are 2 types of people on every sports board there is: the people going into complete meltdown and the sunshine pumpers.

:D