PDA

View Full Version : What was said at the Stoop's Presser today?

TheHumanAlphabet
11/14/2006, 04:00 PM
Is AD playing this weekend?

Is AP playing this weekend?

How is Johnson doing?

TheUnnamedSooner
11/14/2006, 04:33 PM
He said the normal stuff. Aware of BigXII possibilities, doesn't matter if they don't take care of business etc. Same with BCS. AD & Johnson not playing this weekend. AP probable. Johnson is doing good, went to the team meeting and watched practice. Should be back for osu.

Ash
11/14/2006, 05:04 PM
He didn't smile a big toothy grin and do a little dance for the media, so I'm sure he'll be villified by some.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/14/2006, 05:13 PM
Thank you very much!!

stoops the eternal pimp
11/14/2006, 05:16 PM
He said that Tuesday Press Conference is his favorite time of the week and that he wished he could cancel practices to have more of them...Because thats how you win ball games

OUstudent4life
11/14/2006, 05:34 PM
No question.

Scott D
11/14/2006, 06:05 PM
he threw Kelvin Sampson under the bus for making the NCAA sniff around our athletic program.

IronSooner
11/14/2006, 06:05 PM
I heard "in a good way" at least twice, and I tuned in about 20min late.

Got some questions about comparing this team to last year, to each of which he said he doesn't do that.

Got a question about "peaking" when...said obviously you hope to peak at the end of the season, perception by media is OU is peaking now because most in media perceive that we lost the UO game, if they felt like we won they'd think we had been good all along, not improving week to week so much.

Somebody mentioned UAB and UT as the only two games he'd probably want a mulligan on...Stoops said he didn't remember UAB all that well, but that UT was the one he really felt like we could have played better, said you can put UAB in that category if you want but he didn't necessarily agree with it.

Somebody asked about Madu, Stoops said you don't like to take a guy out of redshirt and only do if you feel like he'll contribute the rest of the way. Didn't say whether they would or not.

stoopified
11/15/2006, 09:15 AM
Same old same old.Bob should record one pc at the first of the season and then just change teams and names during the year.That way all he has to do is put a cardboard cutout of himself at the podium and start the recorder.Press would never know the difference.

CincySooner
11/15/2006, 09:34 AM
Same old same old.Bob should record one pc at the first of the season and then just change teams and names during the year.That way all he has to do is put a cardboard cutout of himself at the podium and start the recorder.Press would never know the difference.

... for UAB press one

... for Washington press two

... for oregon press star

... for Middle tennessee press four

etc. etc.

I could see it

FaninAma
11/15/2006, 09:38 AM
he threw Kelvin Sampson under the bus for making the NCAA sniff around our athletic program.

About f'in time. He needs to get KS up in front of his weekly press conference and slap him around a bit. :cool:

FaninAma
11/15/2006, 09:45 AM
Got a question about "peaking" when...said obviously you hope to peak at the end of the season, perception by media is OU is peaking now because most in media perceive that we lost the UO game, if they felt like we won they'd think we had been good all along, not improving week to week so much.

And that is why the BCS sucks. One loss at the first of the season and you can get buried far enough down in the polls that you might not make it back for a BCS game.

Again, I ask you, what trivializes the regular season more than the screwed up BCS? It gives no consideration to a team that pulls together and fiinishes the season strong...none.

It would be interesting to see how many of the champions in other college sports and professional sports would have even had a chance to play for the championship if they had to play under the current BCS system.

Scott D
11/15/2006, 09:56 AM
About f'in time. He needs to get KS up in front of his weekly press conference and slap him around a bit. :cool:

nah, I think having to deal with Indiana Fan is more than enough punishment for KS :D

picasso
11/15/2006, 10:33 AM
I heard "in a great way" at least twice, and I tuned in about 20min late.

fixed.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/15/2006, 10:51 AM
He also apologized to Manuel Johnson for calling him a nancy boy and saying "Oh It didn't hurt that much"