PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Championship Game

SoonerObsession
11/14/2006, 02:08 PM
I thought OU would play Nebraska if we in out and Texas loses to ATM. Am I wrong? A buddy of mine says that Texas would still go because they would have just one loss in the south and a win head to head with us. I thought overall Big 12 record was accounted for before the division wins. Help me out people!

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/14/2006, 02:10 PM
UT would have 2 Big XII losses

OU has 1 Big XII loss (Texas)

OU beat aTm.....aTm hopefully beats UT

We go to the championship game and your friend is still clueless ;)

Rhino
11/14/2006, 02:11 PM
It's about conference wins, not division wins.

If Texas loses to A&M and we win out, we go to the CCG. Texas would have two conference losses and we would only have one.

SoonerObsession
11/14/2006, 02:12 PM
Thank you! My friend is clueless!

Aries
11/14/2006, 02:14 PM
If I understand correctly, your buddy is wrong.

It's overall conference record (it doesn't matter whether it's a north conference or south conference opponent, it's still a loss).

It's the best north conference vs. the best south conference record.

In your scenario, we would have one conference loss, Texas would have two.

"Head to head" is only a consideration if both teams have the same conference record. As it is right now, Texas and OU both have one loss so they would win. If they lose another and we don't, head to head is irrelevant.

picasso
11/14/2006, 02:28 PM
my gosh how many years have we been in this conference now???? a loss in the conference is a loss, no matter if it's north or south.

SoonerObsession
11/14/2006, 03:01 PM
my gosh how many years have we been in this conference now???? a loss in the conference is a loss, no matter if it's north or south.

If it was that easy then OU and Texas should have a rematch in the Championship game. You can see why my friend might have been confused.

n8v_ndn
11/14/2006, 03:08 PM
Does your friend also believe in the validity of co-Division Championships? :texan:

UT *really* wants to be the first 2-time conference champ and can't stand the thought of letting OU "Longhorn" their way into the title game (see '01 season).

BIG_IKE
11/14/2006, 03:18 PM
technically...OU and Texas will have the best records if they both win out and Nebraska, the North Champ has already lost TWO South teams.

snp
11/14/2006, 03:31 PM
If it was that easy then OU and Texas should have a rematch in the Championship game. You can see why my friend might have been confused.

No, I don't. It's incredibly easy to understand.