PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Bowden Resigns at FSU

Tidefan36854
11/14/2006, 02:07 PM
I guess we know who Diddy's first sacrificial lamb is going to be!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2661718

The Maestro
11/14/2006, 02:12 PM
Somebody named Bowden had to leave and I don't think Jeff has a statue out front.

snp
11/14/2006, 02:30 PM
Aw, does that mean they're going to have national relevance soon?

Mjcpr
11/14/2006, 02:45 PM

Little diddy, 'bout Jeff Bow-dennnn....
Two American kids growin' up, in the heart-land...

n8v_ndn
11/14/2006, 03:32 PM
Wow...the Bowden Family Thankgiving will be a lot like my family's get togethers.

sooneron
11/14/2006, 03:40 PM

Who knew?!?!?

http://www.van-buren.k12.ia.us/staff/jirakk/enrich/puff%20daddy.jpg

Luthor
11/14/2006, 04:00 PM

I'll go out on a limb and say Bowden Jr leaving is a preamble to the old man himself stepping down at the end of this season. I look for the rumor mill to start smoking by this weekend. FSU would be THE peach job of this decade.

n8v_ndn
11/14/2006, 04:34 PM
Somewhere...Greg Davis is updating his '40Acres_MadGenius.doc' resume.

or not.

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 05:04 PM
There are many fans saying Fedora from Oklahoma State is a possibility to replace him (I'm not putting much into that right now though). I know you guys know more about Oklahoma State than I do - So putting his aggieness aside, is this guy a decent coach and is he someone that we as FSU fans should want Bobby to pursue?

Ash
11/14/2006, 05:07 PM
There are many fans saying Fedora from Oklahoma State is a possibility to replace him (I'm not putting much into that right now though). I know you guys know more about Oklahoma State than I do - So putting his aggieness aside, is this guy a decent coach and is he someone that we as FSU fans should want Bobby to pursue?

Considering the school, he's doing a heck of a job. The Offense is the best aspect of that team and can (on good days, remember, they're aggies) light people up.

With better overall talent, who knows what he could do. His style is very explosive, seems suited to the speedsters you guys in Fla seem to have every year.

My .02 FWIW

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 05:12 PM
Considering the school, he's doing a heck of a job. The Offense is the best aspect of that team and can (on good days, remember, they're aggies) light people up.

With better overall talent, who knows what he could do. His style is very explosive, seems suited to the speedsters you guys in Fla seem to have every year.

My .02 FWIW
That's what I've been reading. I am hearing that he is a great offensive coach, he just lacks a decent defense (which Florida State should be able to provide - hopefully). I don't know how much our staff is actually considering him, but there are a lot of fans saying they want him.

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2006, 05:12 PM
I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more. If the good lord truly has a sense of humor he'll make sure it's Steele.

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 05:18 PM
I've said it a million times and I'll say it a million more. If the good lord truly has a sense of humor he'll make sure it's Steele.
SHUT UP!

NOWISH!

:mad:

I do NOT want ANYONE that is on our current staff as our next offensive coordinator. We truly have nobody on this staff capable of running a good offense.

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 05:19 PM
Not to mention, I'd kinda like to see Steele as the HC at Baylor ;)

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2006, 05:25 PM
Not to mention, I'd kinda like to see Steele as the HC at Baylor ;)

I bet he'd be awesome!

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 05:27 PM
I bet he'd be awesome!
Reward for a good game: All the carrots you can eat :D

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2006, 05:29 PM
Reward for a good game: All the carrots you can eat :D

Oh spek!

snp
11/14/2006, 05:35 PM
Why would Bobby let his son be emberassed by resigning if he was going to retire at the end of the year? Makes no sense. This is a last ditch effort for him to hold on for a few more years.

As for Fedora taking over - Mickey Andrews, one of the top-5 DC that has been with FSU for almost 25 years and already does a good job recruiting, would be a much more likely and popular canidate.

Ash
11/14/2006, 05:38 PM
Why would Bobby let his son be emberassed by resigning if he was going to retire at the end of the year? Makes no sense. This is a last ditch effort for him to hold on for a few more years.

As for Fedora taking over - Mickey Andrews, one of the top-5 DC that has been with FSU for almost 25 years and already does a good job recruiting, would be a much more likely and popular canidate.

Mickey Andrews would take over OC for JR?? :confused:

TheGodfather889
11/14/2006, 05:43 PM
Mickey Andrews isn't young either. I think he's too old to be the next Head Coach at Florida State.

snp
11/14/2006, 05:58 PM
Andrews isn't that young, but he's still incredible. Gotta show some loyalty to a guy like that, don't you? Unless he has no aspirations to become a HC.

Mickey Andrews would take over OC for JR?? :confused:

Oh I thought people were talking about Fedora taking over for HC if Bowden didn't retire. My mistake.

Paperclip
11/14/2006, 06:51 PM
Didn't Fedora coach at Florida under Zook before coming to OSU? Why would Florida St want a former Gator as head coach?

snp
11/14/2006, 07:07 PM
Texas has had a former OU OC and AA DB. Think both of those worked out allright.

Osce0la
11/14/2006, 07:17 PM
Didn't Fedora coach at Florida under Zook before coming to OSU? Why would Florida St want a former Gator as head coach?
Mickey Andrews coached at UF too...

Ash
11/14/2006, 11:33 PM
Andrews isn't that young, but he's still incredible. Gotta show some loyalty to a guy like that, don't you? Unless he has no aspirations to become a HC.

Oh I thought people were talking about Fedora taking over for HC if Bowden didn't retire. My mistake.

No prob. the thread seemed to take a turn there, wasn't sure who was talking to who. I agree regarding MA for the next HC.

Paperclip
11/14/2006, 11:35 PM
Texas has had a former OU OC and AA DB. Think both of those worked out allright.

I guess my point isn't so much that he coached at Florida as that he coached under Zook. You don't see Texas trying to hire Joe Dickinson.

Luthor
11/15/2006, 08:28 AM

Makes perfect sense to me. Voluntarily leave now under Daddy and save face or wait until the old man retires and get your a$$ summarily kicked to the curb by an AD who desparately wants to keep his own scalp.

DrZaius
11/15/2006, 09:15 AM
Is it just me or does Jeff look as old as his Dad.......

That can't be good to be in your 50's and still attached to your Dad's TEET

Osce0la
11/15/2006, 11:38 AM
Word out of Tallahassee is that the 2 leading candidates are Chris Hatcher (head coach at Valdosta State) who said he would only leave VSU for a coordinating job at a large school and Brad Scott (FSU Offensive Coordinator for the 1993 National Championship season) who is currently an assistant at Clemson.

snp
11/15/2006, 04:06 PM
Makes perfect sense to me. Voluntarily leave now under Daddy and save face or wait until the old man retires and get your a$$ summarily kicked to the curb by an AD who desparately wants to keep his own scalp.

He's not saving face though. Everyone in the entire NCAA world knows he sucks and should have been fired years ago but apparently Bobby doesn't understand what nepotism is.

The FSU AD is not going to fire Bobby Bowden's son. No way.

snp
11/15/2006, 04:19 PM
This might explain something:

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida State offensive coordinator Jeff Bowden received a $537,000 buyout from the school's boosters to resign.

The settlement was revealed Wednesday when the school released a copy of the agreement Bowden's attorneys reached with the university and its boosters. The resignation takes effect Nov. 26, a day after the season finale against Florida.

Bowden -- youngest son of head coach Bobby Bowden -- retains his present $141,000 salary until his contract expires next August. He then will receive annual payments of $107,500 until August 2012.

poke4christ
11/15/2006, 04:37 PM
I admit it. I'm scared as Hell at possibly loosing fedora. He's amazing and has had much success everywhere he has gone. I just hope we can hang on to him.

Zach

OSUAggie
11/15/2006, 04:43 PM
I admit it. I'm scared as Hell at possibly loosing fedora. He's amazing and has had much success everywhere he has gone. I just hope we can hang on to him.

Zach

eh, we lose offensive coordinators all the time..... Fedora is effective with schemes, but he doesn't really call an unbelievable game until he's had time to think... that is, he doesn't really make adjustments on the fly, like an OC should.... i wouldn't want him if i were an FSU fan.