PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree roll call

frankensooner
11/14/2006, 10:38 AM
I think this is the earliest we have put ours up. (artifical of course) We already have all the gifts wrapped, so what the heck. Anybody else jumped the gun?

sooneron
11/14/2006, 10:39 AM
Hell no

1stTimeCaller
11/14/2006, 10:42 AM
this thread didn't go over so well last year.

No Christmas tree for me this year

JohnnyMack
11/14/2006, 10:48 AM
Christmas lights go up the friday after Thanksgiving.

Christmas tree goes up on or about Dec. 1.

Fugue
11/14/2006, 10:49 AM
Holiday lights go up the friday after Thanksgiving.

Holiday tree goes up on or about Dec. 1.

;) :texan:

JohnnyMack
11/14/2006, 10:50 AM
;) :texan:

Why do you hate Kwanzaa?

Okla-homey
11/14/2006, 10:53 AM
I leave my Christmas lights on the front porch all year long...

I'm-a-Red-Neck-wo-man...

etc.

fadada1
11/14/2006, 10:54 AM
i've been wanting to get me one of those big, clear, snowing, lawn balls with santa et al.

they're about $80. maybe i'll hit lowes/home depot up right after x-mas. those things are hella sweet.

MamaMia
11/14/2006, 11:01 AM
We will be putting up the silver aluminum tree in the atrium of the clinic, and all the other decorations as well, the Monday after Thanksgiving. I am so excited! I can hardly wait. :D

frankensooner
11/14/2006, 11:08 AM
Well, this was much more need than anything else, there was hardly anywhere else to put the montain o presents, and the missus is picking up extra weekend shifts to pay for said mountain. So, time and storage was the reason. I will not put the Christmas lights and yard decorations out until the day after Thanksgiving. We have neighbors who have already done theirs, but are not lighting them. . .yet.

IB4OU2
11/14/2006, 11:10 AM
Crap...I just threw away the mushy Jacko lanterns....the christmas tree goes up and all the other hundred boxes of xmas stuff the weekend after thanksgiving. The wife is decorating our place for the xmas centenial celebration as well......I'm doomed. :(

Taxman71
11/14/2006, 11:13 AM
I full sized tree up. The second full sized tree won't be up until the weekend after Thanksgiving (assuming I kill a buck before then). All the little trees will be up when the wife has time to do it herself. I have a 2 Christmas tree setup limit.

VeeJay
11/14/2006, 11:21 AM
I bought my six year old a Nintendo DS yesterday that she's been screaming for. So I am close to being done shopping. If going to Wal-Mart, straight to the electronics counter and telling dude, "Unlock the case and gimme that pink Ninteno DS" is called shopping.

In and out in five minutes.

frankensooner
11/14/2006, 11:23 AM
I bought my six year old a Nintendo DS yesterday that she's been screaming for. So I am close to being done shopping. If going to Wal-Mart, straight to the electronics counter and telling dude, "Unlock the case and gimme that pink Ninteno DS" is called shopping.

In and out in five minutes.
(Don't tell my six-year old but she is getting the same thing, only from target)

soonersweetie
11/14/2006, 04:04 PM
Christmas decorations are up in the house as of this past weekend. Lights on house go up Thanksgiving weekend. Tree, I don't think I can live without one, however, we have literally outgrown the house we live in (we rent our home) and I have nowhere I can put one. That saddens me. So my goal this year is a new house so I can have more room next year.

I love "this Christmasy time of year". I totally get into the decorating, the music, the kids and the cooking, etc. I love the cold and snow...which absolutely does not explain why I live in sunny southern Cal where it is friggin sunny and 80 degrees all the time. I hate it here. I would kill to have seasons. I even planted 2 redbuds so I could have a taste of home out here.

Sorry, off subject, anyway, yes Christmas stuff is in the works

JohnnyMack
11/14/2006, 04:16 PM
You people need to be tazered.

Petro-Sooner
11/14/2006, 04:20 PM
Where do you think your going to put a tree that big?
Bend over and I"ll show ya
You have a lot of nerve talking to me like that.
I wasnt talking to you.

BeetDigger
11/14/2006, 04:45 PM
I think this is the earliest we have put ours up. (artifical of course) We already have all the gifts wrapped, so what the heck. Anybody else jumped the gun?

Slacker. We've already put up our tree, decorated it, sang carols, opened the presents, broken all the toys and taken it all back down again. Next week we are having our New Year's party.

VeeJay
11/14/2006, 07:12 PM
Mrs. VJ: "Honey, do you think you can get that last plastic bin from the top shelf that has my grandmother's tree decorations and the 40 year old light sets down so I can go through it and maybe pick out two things that we can use?"

Me: "Of course, babe, I'll be glad to climb back up on the ladder and balance the 85 pound tub on my shoulder while I climb down the ladder and fall sideways because of that sewing machine I tripped over that should be in the Smithsonian that hasn't seen action since the Johnson Administration."

Mrs. VJ: "You're such a great help. Would you mind going to Home Depot? We need a new ladder. The 45 foot extension ladder you bought last year isn't going to be enough for us to put this tree topper on the extension pole on the roof."

Me: "Of course, punkin. My Home Depot card is maxed out from all the sparkling new stainless steel appliances we bought this year during our $60,000 home re-model. But, I know the manager. He'll probably be able to override the credit limit freeze when I go through the checkstand. May I also stop at Starbucks for you on the way back and get you a Grande Caramel Macchiato with Organic Milk?"

Mrs. VJ: "Oh, that would be nice. But, no organic milk. Dr. Phil says soy milk is better. And while you're out, would you stop at Walgreens and get me some pads?"

Me: "I'd be delighted to pay for the pads in front of twelve giggling women and some underage teens buying cigarettes. May I also stop by the hospital and get castrated while I'm out?"

Ike
11/14/2006, 07:23 PM
since we go back to OK for christmas, we don't bother putting one up at our place. besides, our place is too small. We'd need a Bonzai christmas tree.

soonerboomer93
11/14/2006, 08:36 PM
no tree here, but the new store they just opened already has decorations up

olevetonahill
11/14/2006, 08:39 PM
I havnt put up a tree in yrs . I have NO decorations , If I want to see a tree I go to my Kids and see what my grandbabies have done ;)

whatsername
11/14/2006, 09:29 PM
I don't like putting up or taking down the tree. I want it to just be there a couple weeks before christmas and then just be gone after christmas.

Luckily, my son is old enough to do most of the work. :)