PDA

View Full Version : Gundy Presser

tru2ou
11/13/2006, 02:10 PM
Hehehehe, he couldnt remember Adrian Peterson's name...or he didnt want to mention him by name.

They were talking about injuries in college football and he said "that guy down at OU, he's a 300 carry guy and the first pick".

I wonder if he'll know his name next week?

- TRU

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2006, 02:13 PM
Hey! I see another 98-yard TD run coming...

stoopified
11/13/2006, 02:42 PM
I expect that from someone like Lester but I THOUGHT Gundy had more class.

Mixer!
11/13/2006, 02:46 PM
This just in: mousse causes short-term memory loss. :eek:

poke4christ
11/13/2006, 02:48 PM
So not mentioning a person's name show's little class?

Zach

KABOOKIE
11/13/2006, 02:51 PM

Zach

Well, poster above you might think?

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 02:55 PM

Zach

Am I the only one that saw this poster's name and thought of something COMPLETELY different than an OSU fan?

*struck by holy lightning bolt*

Ash
11/13/2006, 02:57 PM
Gundy also said:
"Smart people read books. I don't read books..."

Heh...he was sounding more like P. Jones by the minute today.

PhxSooner
11/13/2006, 02:59 PM
Wow. Glad to see Gundy has resorted to the dreaded pre-school tactic of "If I pretend you're not real, then you're not". Scary.

SoonerLB
11/13/2006, 03:02 PM
poke4christ? Isn't that what TV evangilists do in their spare time?

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 03:14 PM
Who really cares what that guy up there in stoolwater...that what's his name thinks?

OSUAggie
11/13/2006, 03:18 PM
Wow. Glad to see Gundy has resorted to the dreaded pre-school tactic of "If I pretend you're not real, then you're not". Scary.

Many OU fans act this way about OSU...

Dio
11/13/2006, 03:23 PM

What's unreal is beating somebody a whopping 16 times out of 100 and claiming to be their rival.

Ash
11/13/2006, 03:28 PM

It's not that we pretend you're not there, it's that you're usually irrelevant to any conversation relating to football.

XingTheRubicon
11/13/2006, 03:29 PM

Yeah, we have trouble remembering which exit is to Langston as well, what's your point.

badger
11/13/2006, 03:37 PM
I expect that from someone like Lester but I THOUGHT Gundy had more class.
see the mullet. the 80s were not good to him. they were like the 70s, but 10 years later.

StoopTroup
11/13/2006, 03:41 PM
poke4christ?
Who's that?

Are you talking about that guy from stoolwater...I don't remember his name....

Seems it rhymed with plaque....

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2006, 03:41 PM

That's because you're not real, only posing...

Oh, BTW, I bet Gundy and all the LosuR fans learn Adrian Peterson's (AD) name next Saturday...

poke4christ
11/13/2006, 04:12 PM
That's because you're not real, only posing...

Oh, BTW, I bet Gundy and all the LosuR fans learn Adrian Peterson's (AD) name next Saturday...

So you are saying he is playing? I don't know if that would be the wisest thing to do. People are questioning whether he should play in the bowl game, let alone a month earlier. His stock is solid and OU has showed they are capable without him. I think he should let it heal a little more. At least till the bowl game.

Zach

poke4christ
11/13/2006, 04:13 PM
Gundy also said:
"Smart people read books. I don't read books..."

Heh...he was sounding more like P. Jones by the minute today.

Can you cite that?

Zach

poke4christ
11/13/2006, 04:14 PM
Am I the only one that saw this poster's name and thought of something COMPLETELY different than an OSU fan?

*struck by holy lightning bolt*

I chuckled and was hit by the next one.

Zach

dougsooner
11/13/2006, 04:30 PM
Driving to the OU game on Saturday I listened to the radio broadcast of the osu game, 2 things: 1. The sideline reporter while talking about some nonsense was comparing a play that happened where they recovered a fumble but the player didn't show it to the ref. right away, he stated that "another team in the state learned that is not the way to do it"... moron, are you that insecure that you can't even say OU?? moron. 2. I know most people don't like BBS and neither do I, but I will take BBS all day long compared to that Peter Brady pre voice change dork they have on the air... Nassel nose voice: pistols firing!! I really just had to laugh at JC state....

OSUAggie
11/13/2006, 04:35 PM
bbs: touchdown oklahoma! check that... he's down at the 34... check that, 22 6 3 225 sociology oh wait .. what merv? .. oh i guess they're saying it was a fumble... touchdown texas.. what a bad call, merv..

merv: i just wanna puke

i'll take a whiny voice describing things accurately complimented by perhaps the most logical sportscaster in the region over complete insanity sitting next to homerism (i know merv's a nice guy, just saying he'd be too much of a homer for me) any day of the week.

poke4christ
11/13/2006, 04:48 PM
i'll take a whiny voice describing things accurately complimented by perhaps the most logical sportscaster in the region over complete insanity sitting next to homerism (i know merv's a nice guy, just saying he'd be too much of a homer for me) any day of the week.

I don't know if it's just me, but I thought all university sportscasters were homers. Isn't that part of the point of listening to the OSU/OU broadcast vs their opponents?

Zach

sooner rick
11/13/2006, 05:13 PM
So you are saying he is playing? I don't know if that would be the wisest thing to do. People are questioning whether he should play in the bowl game, let alone a month earlier. His stock is solid and OU has showed they are capable without him. I think he should let it heal a little more. At least till the bowl game.

Zach

Yes I bet you and every other puke fan are saying the same thing.

SoonerJLB
11/13/2006, 08:01 PM

Zach

Especially, when his brother is the "the guy from OU's" coach.

PhxSooner
11/13/2006, 08:10 PM
Here you go, aggie boys:

Oklahoma State University.
Adarius Bowman.
Bobby Reid.

I'm not scared of the school, or the players. And I have enough pride in my own school that I don't have to act like a baby and pretend other school don't exist or don't have proper names. If you want to be a big-league program, act like one on and off the field. Whiners.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 08:15 PM
Hell, as bad as State sucks maybe we now know why! Gundy doesn't do any scouting or watching of game film before even the biggest game of the season! LMFAO...glad we got the right brother!

Sooner_Havok
11/13/2006, 08:20 PM
Can you cite that?

Zach

I heard it too. They were talking about Leach's pirate comments and Gumby said he had never heard Leach say anything about pirates. Gumby then said that Leach reads a lot because he is smart. Gumby then Finished by saying he isn't smart, so he doesn't read.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 08:23 PM
I think he's got it backward though...He shoulda said "I don't read so I'm not smart".

Sooner_Havok
11/13/2006, 08:23 PM
Hell, as bad as State sucks maybe we now know why! Gundy doesn't do any scouting or watching of game film before even the biggest game of the season! LMFAO...glad we got the right brother!

No, we don't let our Gundy do more than coach the offensive linemen :D

Ash
11/13/2006, 08:25 PM
I wish one of the reporters would have asked him:
"Coach, when are you going to get a big boy's haircut?"

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 08:27 PM
When he grows his big boy hair!

goingoneight
11/13/2006, 09:08 PM
77-16-7

... you can have the seven ties if you want, we'll take the seven crysal footballs. :D

I think Gumby, despite his Pat Jones imagery, is just what Agua De La Stool needs. Rufus Alexander several times makes comments about other teams like "Who?" or "what touchdown?" It's the nature of the game. You didn't see Paul Thompson as classless when he said we were "3-0," did you? Truth was told, but if that was aggy talking about their Houston loss, you'd be all over Booby Reid.

I actually like Gumby for keeping it clean and funny at times. Not that I'd ever prefer aggy football aside from Barry, it's just good to see them not totally suck. Same way with Steve Kragthorpe. They're both good guys. Come on Sooner Fans, it's not like they're OUr rivals or anything. Let it go. :rolleyes: My only issue is thier fans come ****** time, flat tires and show-polished windows wasn't cool on my brand new car, Stoolwaterians... neither were the constant F-bombers thrown my way. For that, I just don't go to Boone's Farm.

Oh, and aggy making fun of OUr announcer, BB, Sr... We just watch OUr games on National Television, why don't you guys? ;)

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 09:16 PM
I like Gumby for being anyone besides Lester, but I'll still rag him for being proud of being dumb.

picasso
11/13/2006, 09:30 PM

Zach
you know nothing about it, as do we.

it's also up to said player and given his success vs. oSu, I'll bet he's licking his chops.

Paperclip
11/13/2006, 09:35 PM
i know merv's a nice guy, just saying he'd be too much of a homer for me.

Now, that's hilarious. Two words: Tom Dirato

picasso
11/13/2006, 09:37 PM
at least Bob and Merv would say an opposing player's real name. Hindsucker Fife called Chijioke (I'mnotgonnagetcha).:rolleyes:

Mixer!
11/13/2006, 09:56 PM
My only issue is thier fans come ****** time, flat tires and show-polished windows wasn't cool on my brand new car, Stoolwaterians... neither were the constant F-bombers thrown my way. For that, I just don't go to Boone's Farm.
Again, don't confuse aggy for Stillwater. Not everybody who lives here supports them.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 11:31 PM
Well yeah...someone's gotta tend the watermelon patch!

orangekaje
11/14/2006, 12:09 AM
What's unreal is beating somebody a whopping 16 times out of 100 and claiming to be their rival.

Oh. I wasn't aware football was the only sport we're rivals in.

That truly is odd, cause I remember this rivalry being started by losing sooners that stole their "kid sister's" trophy in jealousy. :pop:

birddog
11/14/2006, 12:11 AM
football is THE sport in oklahoma. if you want to claim your dominance in wrestling to justify calling it a rivalry then go ahead.

orangekaje
11/14/2006, 12:11 AM
bbs: touchdown oklahoma! check that... he's down at the 34... check that, 22 6 3 225 sociology oh wait .. what merv? .. oh i guess they're saying it was a fumble... touchdown texas.. what a bad call, merv..

:D :D :D

birddog
11/14/2006, 12:13 AM
:D :D :D

oh, it must be tough being a redheaded stepchild.

orangekaje
11/14/2006, 12:32 AM
football is THE sport in oklahoma. if you want to claim your dominance in wrestling to justify calling it a rivalry then go ahead.

Are you serious? Do you actually think you're our rival in wrestling? hahaha

Seriously, it seems like OU fans bring up wrestling more than OSU fans as if it's an insult to say we're amazing at a sport regardless of what it is. Football is THE sport in America. Oklahoma may be consistently successful in it, but they are not dominate. There isn't a team that is dominate in football.

picasso
11/14/2006, 12:36 AM

Seriously, it seems like OU fans bring up wrestling more than OSU fans as if it's an insult to say we're amazing at a sport regardless of what it is. Football is THE sport in America. Oklahoma may be consistently successful in it, but they are not dominate. There isn't a team that is dominate in football.
huh?

dude, football is numer one. OU football put this state on the map. not Henry Iba or John Smith.
I also seem to remember OU being successful in that gay ****** bell thing.

you guys would let school out for a week if you won a conference title in football. you might even give up your first born.

Ash
11/14/2006, 12:36 AM

Do you mean dominant? Sorry, I don't speak aggy. And I think you just argued the opposition's point...

Carry on.

picasso
11/14/2006, 12:41 AM

merv: i just wanna puke

you should get banned for busting on Merv.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
he's a realist and worries about every team's strengths, EVEN Pokie State. he gives a coaches perspective and by coach I mean one that has been a part of more winning than any oSu type could ever sniff even with Owen Wilson's nose.

birddog
11/14/2006, 12:47 AM
i guess i still don't understand the point in going to other school's message boards. it doesn't take long for jackholes to turn this place into smack central.

:rolleyes:

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 12:47 AM
So I'll concede...Aggy is WAY better at rolling around groping men on the floor.

As for football...HA!

picasso
11/14/2006, 12:51 AM
I just love how oSu fans try to downplay the game of football.

does anyone not remember the Aggie circlejerking that was going on that one good year they had with Tony Lindsay? they started out 6-0 or something like that and you would have thought the Japanese had surrendered all over again.:rolleyes: :D

orangekaje
11/14/2006, 12:52 AM
Do you mean dominant? Sorry, I don't speak aggy. And I think you just argued the opposition's point...

Carry on.

No the point was that football isn't the only thing that matters. You all being successful in football just shows everyone how well you support your other student athletes by not giving two ****s about them and insulting the sports they play. And you wonder why everyone views the sooner fans as nothing but bandwagoners than actual alumni and students? Because you don't have any pride for anything other than football. Just because football is a more enjoyable sport to watch doesn't mean it's the only thing that matters (unless you're a sooner I guess).

dude, football is numer one. OU football put this state on the map. not Henry Iba or John Smith.

Thanks for your useless input, but I think I just got done stating football is THE sport. BTW, you must speak aggy.

birddog
11/14/2006, 12:53 AM
"just got done"

nice.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 12:55 AM
Did he really just get done? Musta been one of those wrestlers having their way with him.

picasso
11/14/2006, 12:58 AM
No the point was that football isn't the only thing that matters. You all being successful in football just shows everyone how well you support your other student athletes by not giving two ****s about them and insulting the sports they play. And you wonder why everyone views the sooner fans as nothing but bandwagoners than actual alumni and students? Because you don't have any pride for anything other than football. Just because football is a more enjoyable sport to watch doesn't mean it's the only thing that matters (unless you're a sooner I guess).

Thanks for your useless input, but I think I just got done stating football is THE sport. BTW, you must speak aggy.
do you honestly think OU fans even the ones who didn't attend OU only suuport football? does oSu really sellout all of it's baseball games? are there crowds of people at the golf matches? c'monnnn, that's such horse**** mantra and it's the same thing you guys have been preaching for years. you must be drugged into that mindset!!!
all of the fans at oSu sporting events are oSu graduates? that's also bull ****e. I know several who did not go to school there. they're good people but give me freaking break man.:confused: :rolleyes:

also, you're on a football board right now Jack.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:01 AM
Well, if only graduates attend the Cowgirl games it explains the attendance. You have to know at least some English to graduate a university (even that one) and we've all seen the liguistic skills of the average poke, not to mention coaches who say "I'm a friggin' moron and reading is for them thar smart folk"!

birddog
11/14/2006, 01:03 AM
Well, if only graduates attend the Cowgirl games it explains the attendance. You have to know at least some English to graduate a university (even that one) and we've all seen the linguistic skills of the average poke, not to mention coaches who say "I'm a friggin' moron and reading is for them thar smart folk"!

tonight's attendance is 7.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:05 AM
That includes honorary degrees right?

SicEmBaylor
11/14/2006, 01:08 AM
We have, without any doubt, the worst radio guy on the planet.

John Morriss couldn't be described as a Baylor homer when he gets noticeably EXCITED when the opposing team makes a big play. He has no clue what is going on down on the field half the time. You're lucky if he even knows who is playing.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:14 AM
If I was baylor's radio guy I'd do the same thing to keep from falling asleep!

Sorry SicEm, but that's just too easy.

picasso
11/14/2006, 01:17 AM
"pistolllllls firin!" is almost as ghey as the o-state announcer celebrating every oSu first down on the PA system.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:19 AM
Yeah...that's pretty screwed up and slightly homoerotic.

Sooner_Havok
11/14/2006, 01:45 AM
See, this is the crap that ****es me off. If OU talks about any sport other than football, we are having a bad season and we are just looking for a distraction. But if we talk about football, then we don't care about any other sports. Well let me tell you something Mrs. osu F*cktard, I am a student at THE FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY of the great state of Oklahoma. I work at the library (the one with books) to help pay for the cost of going here. So like most other OU fans, I have a j-o-b! Unlike the vast majority of your toothless trailer park fan base also known as osu alumni. Know what that means? It means that we can't always be at a Thursday night basketball game, or a Tuesday afternoon baseball game. I would love to be there, but unlike osu, you actually have to go to class here at OU to pass. And I can't pick more corn or slaughter another pig to get some extra cash, I have to go to work. If there is a weekend baseball or basketball game, I try my best to go. Hell, I have been known to show up to a weekend volleyball game from time to time.

The problem with you d*mn aggies is you think that just because we have a GREAT football team, we don't care about anything else. You sure are right, we treat other athletes like sh*t down here in Norman. THAT IS WHY WE KEEP GETTING SOME OF THE TOP RECRUITS IN OTHER SPORTS OTHER THAN FOOTBALL! What is you excuse going to be when we pw3n you in baseball? Or when coach Capel starts beating that idiot son of Sutten's? What then Aggie? Will you cry to the heavens that osu rodeo is far superior to OU rodeo? You cling to your delusion that OU is only a football school if it helps you sleep at night.

Alright, I am done venting. Now I have to go reshelve some books.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:48 AM
I hear they are pretty good at water polo and watermelon tossing.

And they get the best recruits year after year in book burning and trailer hitch sucking.

Sooner_Havok
11/14/2006, 01:55 AM
I hear they are pretty good at water polo and watermelon tossing.

And they get the best recruits year after year in book burning and trailer hitch sucking.

Don't forget sister ******* :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 02:02 AM
That's true, but they seem to rank much higher when it comes to their brothers and male cousins.

SoonerTerry
11/14/2006, 06:52 AM
So I'll concede...Aggy is WAY better at rolling around groping men on the floor.

As for football...HA!

Now thats funny..:D :pop: