PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the whorns actually LOST vs SUC last year

Veritas
11/13/2006, 11:58 AM
As if getting beaten by powerhouse Kansas State wasn't bad enough, it looks like their championship was horse****:

NEW YORK -- Replay officials at last season's Rose Bowl were unable to properly review a Texas touchdown that should have been overturned because the wrong television feed was plugged into a monitor.

Big Ten and national coordinator of officials David Parry told The Associated Press that he went to the replay booth during January's Rose Bowl between USC and Texas to ask about Selvin Young's 12-yard touchdown run in the second quarter. It appeared on replays that Young received a pitch from Texas' Vince Young after the quarterback's knee touched the ground.

Parry said replay officials told him one of the TV feeds they were receiving while trying to review the play had shots of fans in the stands. They did not see a shot from the camera angle that definitively showed the wrong call was made on the field until it was too late.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2657472

Of course, we all knew this already...

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 12:01 PM
Everyone watching the game that night saw this. My question is: Why are they just now bringing this up?

Veritas
11/13/2006, 12:05 PM
Because piling on is the COOLEST!!!!!1111 ;)

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:09 PM
We'd have still scored in that situation and taking more time of the clock would've cost them a field goal at the end of the half. Saying that play cost them the game is beyond ignorant.

How about the interception that was taken away from us in the 2nd half of that game if you want to second guess replay officials?

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 12:11 PM
We could consider that, but it's more fun ragging whorns!

Veritas
11/13/2006, 12:15 PM
How about the interception that was taken away from us in the 2nd half of that game if you want to second guess replay officials?
Please, that's easy. I'll give you a choice. You get to have that interception back, but you don't get that TD. Oops, no MNC*.

Paris of Troy
11/13/2006, 12:16 PM
And, fwiw, it was a catch and fumble.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:21 PM
Please, that's easy. I'll give you a choice. You get to have that interception back, but you don't get that TD. Oops, no MNC*.
So, we get a first down inside their 15? I'm pretty sure we score anyways seeing as how they couldn't stop Vince that night. And like I said, if we took more time off the clock then, they might not have kicked a field goal at the end of the half, hurting them not helping them (I see you avoided this tricky little point). And if we got that interception, they wouldn't have scored then, making our win that much bigger.

You can't wish away our national championship no matter how much you want to. Your "what if" game is decidedly aggyish as well. :D

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:22 PM
And, fwiw, it was a catch and fumble.
Bang bang play. I admit that could've gone either way. The fact that you guys side against the Horns in every single call kind of taints your objectivity though.

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 12:23 PM
Bang bang play. I admit that could've gone either way. The fact that you guys side against the Horns in every single call kind of taints your objectivity though.

Not all of us do. But I still don't understand why we, 10 months later, are still talking about that game.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:24 PM
Not all of us do. But I still don't understand why we, 10 months later, are still talking about that game.
Because many Sooners are intent at discrediting UT's national championship, that's why.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 12:34 PM
Forgive the sooners. They are very in touch with their aggy side. Consider that they just spent two weeks in a row with various forms of Texas aggy and are now having to fallate the Ags on hopes that it will help them get to the CCG.

sooner94
11/13/2006, 12:41 PM
We'd have still scored in that situation and taking more time of the clock would've cost them a field goal at the end of the half. Saying that play cost them the game is beyond ignorant.

I have to say that I completely agree. SUC's D couldn't stop VY all night, so how would they have stopped him from getting into the endzone on that drive?

mrowl
11/13/2006, 12:44 PM
is this the 5th thread on this subject?

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 12:50 PM
Herr is right. USC's defense sucked last year and Texas would have scored any way.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 12:55 PM
This just in: After further review, the Sooners still lost horribly to SUC in the 2004 Orange Bowl. NC title stands as called ;)

picasso
11/13/2006, 12:58 PM

I gotta agree. Tejas still would have scored, so would OU after Calmus' so-called clip on aTm in 2000.

I also think that's a copout by the replay officials. ala Gordo Reise.

David Earl
11/13/2006, 01:02 PM
This just in: After further review, the Sooners still lost horribly to SUC in the 2004 Orange Bowl. NC title stands as called ;)

Better watch yer smack there bucko. Good way to get shoe-whipped.

David Earl
11/13/2006, 01:04 PM
Forgive the sooners. They are very in touch with their aggy side.

I'm tellin' you man, you are a whisper away from banage.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 01:12 PM
Hey wait. I didn't start the SUC-off.

David Earl
11/13/2006, 01:14 PM
Hey wait. I didn't start...

Yeah, but I'm about to finish your part of it if you don't nip it.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 01:14 PM
But, you'll miss all my great insights :)

David Earl
11/13/2006, 01:17 PM
That, my friend, would be unbearably sad....

soonerinabilene
11/13/2006, 01:17 PM
wait a dang minute. are you telling me instant replay got something wrong? i gotta go lay down...

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 01:28 PM
I just whipped out my instant replay...

It conclusively shows conclusive evidence that the conclusive score is still conclusively 45-42, Mildcats.

Conclusively.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 01:30 PM
Hey wait Tulsa. What about the phantom yard on that last KSU 1st down? I think we had 20 seconds to work with stolen from us by the refs ;)

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 01:32 PM
Hey wait Tulsa. What about the phantom yard on that last KSU 1st down? I think we had 20 seconds to work with stolen from us by the refs

I say that call was inconclusive. :D

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 01:34 PM
Conclusively inconclusive. :D

caphorns
11/13/2006, 01:37 PM
So inconclusive that you don't even have to look at it again ;)

David Earl
11/13/2006, 01:37 PM
Conclusively inconclusive. :D

Therefore, it's Oregon's ball!

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 01:43 PM
Therefore, it's Oregon's ball!

Heh...but danggit to all heck for being true at the same time. ;)

Funky G
11/13/2006, 01:49 PM
Once every 35 years the sun does shine on a fat cow's ***...

Desert Sapper
11/13/2006, 01:54 PM
Why should anyone care about any of this? Are they now going to go back through the annals of time and take championships away for bad officiating? Are they going to give us a win against Oregon? Is Texas going to lose to the Aggies? This is just another opportunity for Mark May and the ESPN SUC-lovers to fallate (good word there, cap) the Trojans (who might get to take on the tOSU-UM winner this year and get their collective a$$es handed to them, which I wouldn't mind). Who gives a crap about this at all? Texas cheats. They own refs. We know. We saw it this year in the RRS. Who gives a crap? Past is past. Time to move the f*** on.

1991SOONER
11/13/2006, 02:10 PM
Dang, a horn being banned from this site today would have made my Monday worthwhile :rolleyes:

Luthor
11/13/2006, 02:25 PM
So, does that mean we get to "blame the refs" for our MNC win?

1991SOONER
11/13/2006, 02:29 PM
So, does that mean we get to "blame the refs" for our MNC win?

No, but you can at least send 'em each an x-mas card every year ;)

BoonesFarmSooner
11/13/2006, 02:46 PM

Would this be the same year that your hero put up that GOOSE EGG in the Cotton Bowl?

BASSooner
11/13/2006, 02:47 PM

It somewhat could have because, if that play was called back, who knows what would have happend. Either a TD, 3 points, punt or a turnover. We will never know.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/13/2006, 02:51 PM
I'm tellin' you man, you are a whisper away from banage.

:les: BAN THE WHORN!!!!!!!!

soonerloyal
11/13/2006, 03:00 PM
A whorn telling any Sooner we have to fellate ANYONE, much less the Ags - and on our own board no less. Holy smokes, didn't your mama teach you to behave decently? One more spurt of verbal diarrhea like that, and you deserve more than banning. I oughtta hit you so hard your dog'll bleed.

No wonder people hate Texass.

BASSooner
11/13/2006, 03:02 PM
I guess bevo's death did shoot y'all in the foot...I hope you guys enjoyed every last bit of him:D mmmm beefy!

caphorns
11/13/2006, 05:05 PM
Oh boy. Two weeks of sooner-aggy get along. This should be disgustingly gross.

If you know anything about me by now, it's that I simply hate ags, but not sooners. My comment was intended to point out that the ag-love is just plain flat nasty. Not that I don't understand why you guys are motivated to support the ags. It's still disgustingly gross though.

olevetonahill
11/13/2006, 05:09 PM
Hey wait. I didn't start the SUC-off.
Dont matter , we just like ****ing with Yall , in hopes of getting one or more :texan: bained ;)

goingoneight
11/13/2006, 09:34 PM
USC crying to get a four-pete. Don't listen to it. Mack cheated the system and won. Technically, he robbed USC when they shanked the XP attempt. What did the teams not score like 30 more points before that game was over with???

SoonerTerry
11/14/2006, 07:06 AM
Forgive the sooners. They are very in touch with their aggy side. Consider that they just spent two weeks in a row with various forms of Texas aggy and are now having to fallate the Ags on hopes that it will help them get to the CCG.

Why don't ya gather up all your shorthorn brethren, go outside, and play a nice game of hide and go f*ck yourself?

The Preach Man
11/14/2006, 08:15 AM
I'm pretty sure we score anyways seeing as how they couldn't stop Vince that night.

one...man...team

BHud
11/14/2006, 10:09 AM
one...man...team

Did VY stop USC on 4th and inches?