PDA

View Full Version : In honor of the Whorn demise.....

Sooner47
11/13/2006, 11:56 AM
I can't take credit for this picture - from Rivals board but it is a classic.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/913/bonghornscv2.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
11/13/2006, 12:20 PM
At least the whorns can toke away their suffering.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:23 PM
We're hurting now but we can still win the conference. We still control our own destiny there.

sooner n houston
11/13/2006, 01:18 PM
We're hurting now but we can still win the conference. We still control our own destiny there.

Yes, yes you do. Mack is still your coach isn't he? :D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/13/2006, 01:20 PM
Wanna trade coaches, Herr?....HaHaHa, LOL!!!

Sooner_Eclipse
11/13/2006, 01:23 PM

Maybe you should send Mack some of your Stewart Smalley self confidence tapes so he can feel better about this next game. :) :texan:

Penguin
11/13/2006, 01:29 PM
Bonghorns. I like it.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 01:38 PM
I was wondering about all the fumbling from those two lately. I hope we get some Taco Bell on the sideline or something for the aggy game.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:10 PM
You mean the guy who won a national championship last year? The one who owns a 2-game winning streak against OU? Yes, he's our coach. :D

BTW, he has the same number of national titles as your deity Stoops.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:10 PM
Wanna trade coaches, Herr?....HaHaHa, LOL!!!
Not a chance.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/13/2006, 02:12 PM

And Greg Davis is still OC...

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 02:13 PM
You mean the guy who won a national championship last year? The one who owns a 2-game winning streak against OU? Yes, he's our coach. :D

BTW, he has the same number of national titles as your deity Stoops.And it only took Stoops 40 less years. I wonder which is more likely to win one or two more.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 02:14 PM
Greg actually called a decent game and still got 2 TDs out of one of our stoner RBs.

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 02:14 PM
Not a chance.Buttertooth is what 65? We'll have Stoops long after Mack is worm food.

Enjoy

KC//CRIMSON
11/13/2006, 02:15 PM
I like this one better, and it's real. Real funny.

http://home.houston.rr.com/jrsquared/Mack1.jpg

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 02:16 PM
The one who owns a 2-game winning streak against OU?

Just think, Herr. Three more and you might get a chance to sniff our jock.

Or not.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 02:19 PM
I like this one better, and it's real. Real funny.

http://home.houston.rr.com/jrsquared/Mack1.jpg

I don't see what's funny in that one KC. Considering I looked about the same, but MUCH MUCH drunker. Mack just needed a few hundred coctails right about then.

KC//CRIMSON
11/13/2006, 02:25 PM
I don't see what's funny in that one KC. Considering I looked about the same, but MUCH MUCH drunker. Mack just needed a few hundred coctails right about then.

and a few Tylenol.:D

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 02:32 PM
I gotta say that I was waiting for the officiating shoe to drop ala the UT-Kansas game in 04.

footballfanatic
11/13/2006, 02:39 PM
There is a certain pleasure seeing your chief rival fail, so OU should gloat over our failure this week. I know I've certainly enjoyed the comedy of misfortunes that have befuddled OU over the three past seasons.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/13/2006, 02:41 PM

BTW, he has the same number of national titles as your deity Stoops.

No, that guy plays for the Tennessee Titans now!

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 02:41 PM
I gotta say that I was waiting for the officiating shoe to drop ala the UT-Kansas game in 04.No ****.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:11 PM
No, that guy plays for the Tennessee Titans now!
I wasn't aware VY played this year when Texas beat OU 28-10. Maybe I was drunk... :D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/13/2006, 03:14 PM
I wasn't aware VY played this year when Texas beat OU 28-10. Maybe I was drunk... :D

Heh, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I am pretty sure Mack didn't win the MNC* though.:D

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 03:19 PM
I wasn't aware VY played this year when Texas beat OU 28-10. Maybe I was drunk... :Dfive turnovers and losing at halftime was Mack's deep plan.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/13/2006, 03:21 PM
If Bob is still tied with Mack when he gets to Mack's age, I will buy you a kitten

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 03:25 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/11/God-kills-kitten.jpg/350px-God-kills-kitten.jpg

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:31 PM
five turnovers and losing at halftime was Mack's deep plan.
So, Texas didn't hit you guys in the mouth this year? Be honest. Also, we didn't have a hand in any of those turnovers? :D Somehow when you guys get turnovers, it's because of hustle and solid defensive play. If we get them, it's simply you guys "giftwrapping the game" for us. Funny that...

Tulsa_Fireman
11/13/2006, 03:36 PM
So, Texas didn't hit you guys in the mouth this year? Be honest. Also, we didn't have a hand in any of those turnovers? Somehow when you guys get turnovers, it's because of hustle and solid defensive play. If we get them, it's simply you guys "giftwrapping the game" for us. Funny that...

*steps up to microphone*

*cough*

45-42.

Kansas State.

Thank you.

*walks away*

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 03:38 PM
So, Texas didn't hit you guys in the mouth this year? Be honest. Also, we didn't have a hand in any of those turnovers? :D Somehow when you guys get turnovers, it's because of hustle and solid defensive play. If we get them, it's simply you guys "giftwrapping the game" for us. Funny that...I was there and our guys were pushing your guys all over the field. You had what 225 yards. You were fortunate and everyone that was there knew it.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:40 PM
*steps up to microphone*

*cough*

45-42.

Kansas State.

Thank you.

*walks away*
You a Sooner or an aggy? Let other teams do the talking for you now? Hoping a couple of other teams can beat us so you can backdoor your way into the CCG?

28-10.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:44 PM
I was there and our guys were pushing your guys all over the field. You had what 225 yards. You were fortunate and everyone that was there knew it.
LOL. Were you pushing us around in the 2nd half when we shut you out? Scoreless. I also remember us making you cough up the ball time and again. Also, I remember us getting 7-8 yards per QB sneak after we'd worn your D line down. ALL the big hits came from Longhorns. All of them.

I know you're happy about us losing, but let's not engage in complete revisionist history here.

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 03:51 PM
LOL. Were you pushing us around in the 2nd half when we shut you out? Scoreless. I also remember us making you cough up the ball time and again. Also, I remember us getting 7-8 yards per QB sneak after we'd worn your D line down. ALL the big hits came from Longhorns. All of them.

I know you're happy about us losing, but let's not engage in complete revisionist history here.I was there. It was 21-10 with a ton of help when the refs handed you a free TD. We've been over this. You won but you were very fortunate.

We have more coming back next year than you do and we have Bob.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:54 PM
I was there. It was 21-10 with a ton of help when the refs handed you a free TD. We've been over this. You won but you were very fortunate.

We have more coming back next year than you do and we have Bob.
McCoy threw 2 TDs. Thompson threw 2 INTs. There's your game right there. Our guy made the plays and yours didn't. Blame it on the refs if you must.

The shine is off of Bob and you don't have a QB for next season yet. The Sooners haven't been the same since brother Mike left anyway.

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 04:01 PM
McCoy threw 2 TDs. Thompson threw 2 INTs. There's your game right there. Our guy made the plays and yours didn't. Blame it on the refs if you must.

The shine is off of Bob and you don't have a QB for next season yet. The Sooners haven't been the same since brother Mike left anyway.Didn't have a QB before this season either. Bob's star shines brighter now than after 2000.

He might be the national coach of the year, dipstick.

This years game was closer than you'll admit, whatever. five tournovers is what killed us. We held you to 225 total yards, plenty to win.

KC//CRIMSON
11/13/2006, 04:03 PM
You a Sooner or an aggy? Let other teams do the talking for you now? Hoping a couple of other teams can beat us so you can backdoor your way into the CCG?
28-10.

ala Tejas 2001?;)

fwsooner22
11/13/2006, 04:03 PM

The shine is off of Bob and you don't have a QB for next season yet. The Sooners haven't been the same since brother Mike left anyway.

Herr..............the Horns got beat by Kansas freakin State (6-4/ K State) not the one that used to play in the Big XII Championship.........you gave up 40+ points....that sir is embarrassing .......You beat us ........Since then we have gotten better and you all have gotten worse...........the only way we are coming back is through the back door....where you were for 5 years......but we do not need to pass 100 teams as you say..... just one.............We have fought through QB's losses, RB losses, and more.....your tough guys cave due to one stinger........Your boys better be ready

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:05 PM
Be honest. Nobody calls him "Big Game Bob" anymore after numerous losses in big games to KSU, LSU, USC and UT. I won't even mention the 8-4 season which was downright mediocre.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:06 PM
ala Tejas 2001?;)
Exactly like that. And if that happens, you'll deserve all the ribbing we got that year as well. ;) If I hear one Sooner mention the phrase "Co-Big XII South Champs", I'm going to laugh out loud.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/13/2006, 04:06 PM
To be fair, Kansas State scared the **** out of me against Texas, it was like watching a Stoops coached football team. If Prince can recruit some defensive players...look out from the North.

KC//CRIMSON
11/13/2006, 04:11 PM
Exactly like that. And if that happens, you'll deserve all the ribbing we got that year as well. ;) If I hear one Sooner mention the phrase "Co-Big XII South Champs", I'm going to laugh out loud.

We would never say that, let alone get rings with that engraved on them.:D

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/13/2006, 04:13 PM
Lose to the Aggies and we can say Big XII South Champs ;)

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:14 PM
We would never say that, let alone get rings with that engraved on them.:D
I would hope not but we shall see.

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 04:16 PM
I would hope not but we shall see.Why are you gonna show us yours?

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:47 PM
Why are you gonna show us yours?
I thought those were ridiculous.

ruf/nekdad
11/13/2006, 07:41 PM
Is it Tuesday yet?

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 07:50 PM
Yeah, if you're gonna wear a ring like that you may as well wear one that says "loser" or "at least we got a reach around".

BHud
11/13/2006, 07:50 PM
I was there and our guys were pushing your guys all over the field. You had what 225 yards. You were fortunate and everyone that was there knew it.

Oh my. Did you get into Ced's stash?

I've watched 1000s of football games, from pee wee to NFL, and the Texas D brought it like I have never seen it brought that day. The hits they were delivering on Sooner were spine tingling, and it kept coming, play after play after play.

You can look at a player's eyes, and see who has a quarter left in them when the game is winding down. It was obvious to all but the most extreme homers thyat Texas had some in the tank to give, while Oklahoma was ready to get the hell out of there. Texas physically dominated the game...well, the 2nd half.

Blame refs and conspiracies all you like, but it's beneath your team to do so, and rather aggy like.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 07:57 PM
That may be, but it's also rather aggy like to go around acting like it was a total asskicking too...he's a bit delusional if he thinks a moderate win that was made a bit bigger by a few questionable, though not gamechanging calls makes his team some powerhouse that should pretend they don't have the same record with one of their losses coming at the hands of a team with a crummy record late in the season after more close calls the last several games than bevo drops turds.

BHud
11/13/2006, 08:07 PM
Touche.
I think what happens in a lot of these games is akin to the "superbowl or Bust" theory. That being, when an NFL team that thinks they are going to the SB realizes they aren't, their season goes to hell. Translated to one game, when it becomes clear the game is over, it all goes to hell. (Would have been easier to reference the Cowboys 52-13 SB win, but oh well) Texas isn't 18 points better than you guys, and I probablly may have exaggerated a bit, but hell.....
The Republicans lost the majority, an aggy is the SoD, Texas blew any MNC chances they had to a subpar team Saturday, and my wife is in the hospital....I gotta have SOMETHING to cling to, eh?
[;)]

That may be, but it's also rather aggy like to go around acting like it was a total asskicking too...he's a bit delusional if he thinks a moderate win that was made a bit bigger by a few questionable, though not gamechanging calls makes his team some powerhouse that should pretend they don't have the same record with one of their losses coming at the hands of a team with a crummy record late in the season after more close calls the last several games than bevo drops turds.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 08:12 PM
I hope that "Season goes to hell" thing applies to the whorns this next game! lol

BHud
11/13/2006, 08:39 PM
I hope that "Season goes to hell" thing applies to the whorns this next game! lol

We havent lost back to back conference games since the 90s, and Fran has won two road games in Nov since going to aggy, neither at DKR.

He's also 0-9 against TX, OU, and NU....I'm not worried about that changing.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 08:42 PM
I realize it's a longshot and all, but that's why they invented the phrase "statistical anomally".

Octavian
11/13/2006, 08:45 PM
I've watched 1000s of football games, from pee wee to NFL, and the Texas D brought it like I have never seen it brought that day.

quit watching so much Canadian football.

BudSooner
11/13/2006, 10:40 PM

So, your saying Fran is due.
One thing I might add, watch that 300lb rb they have...once he puts down that box of Cap'n Crunch, he's hard to stop.
give me aggy to cover the spread.:pop:

BHud
11/13/2006, 11:00 PM
One thing I might add, watch that 300lb rb they have...once he puts down that box of Cap'n Crunch, he's hard to stop.

fortunately, Franny's goalline play is a play action pass, with J-Train at the slot......

The Preach Man
11/13/2006, 11:04 PM
I thought those were ridiculous.

that doesnt make your team any less retarded for doing it.

utex74
11/13/2006, 11:35 PM

What will the spread be, you think?

TheGodfather889
11/14/2006, 12:31 AM
No team has overcome what OU has overcome this season. It proves that Bob Stoops is one of the best coaches in college football.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 12:49 AM
Mack would be rolled up Jim bakker fetal position style sucking his thumb if he'd had a year like this.

BudSooner
11/14/2006, 08:21 AM
What will the spread be, you think?

I'm seeing alot of 13 1/2 spreads, but maybe that's about right.
but that was before Colt was injured...make it 10 about now.

if i'm wrong, i'll change my av to something longhorn....but i'm pretty damn sure that ain't gonna happen.

One interesting thing, the over/under on the OSU/Michigan game is 40.

BeetDigger
11/24/2006, 06:09 PM
Lose to the Aggies and we can say Big XII South Champs ;)

Heh.

BeetDigger
11/26/2006, 09:27 PM
We havent lost back to back conference games since the 90s, and Fran has won two road games in Nov since going to aggy, neither at DKR.

How's the crow taste?

Widescreen
11/26/2006, 11:27 PM
Tee hee.

Stoops has said that he takes no satisfaction from other peoples' failures. I do - when it's UT. :D

jdsooner
11/27/2006, 12:52 AM

What the hell happened????:eek:

tulsaoilerfan
11/27/2006, 01:10 AM
Now that Vince Young is gone, things are finally getting back to normal in Austin; Vince was a once in a lifetime talent for Texas that i don't think will ever be replaced

shavedmarmoset
11/27/2006, 01:26 AM
Good to see things are returning to normal.

McCoy really should not have played though. There's no way he was anywhere close to 100% in that game. Lucky for us Mack doesn't know what he's doing.