PDA

View Full Version : How much talent has been behind AD?

stoopified
11/13/2006, 11:34 AM
This season and last has revealed how much talent is behind AD now with Patirick having 3 straight 100 yard games,Gute playing well last year and this yearand of course the frosh. Brown with his breakout performance.What about the guys who left?

I can recall people saying Tennial and Choice would be non-factors at their new schools or average backs at best.Well here are the stats for this season,judge for yourself:

Tennial,Tulsa 141 carries 705 yards 11 tds

Choice ,GTech 209 carries.984 yards 8tds.

Personally I think thats pretty darn good and I'm thinking those guys could have helped us.I think it is further proof Bob and his guys know talent when they see it.

Blues1
11/13/2006, 11:51 AM
Why we can't have (or Didn't ) have Patrick and AD in the same backfield -- ?

You line them both back 6 to 7 yards and have a **DOUBLE I** formation - just off set them by a couple yards and line them up behind the guards...With PT under Center....( Our own New Sooner Formation )

"The Double I" ---- :) Me and Leach both Crazy --- :)

Still R'

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 12:05 PM
I thought the same thing about 20 years ago when OSU had Barry Sanders backing up Thurman Thomas. With talent like that, why would you ever want it sitting on the bench?

I'd have played them both on every down and make the defense guess which one was going to get the ball.

swardboy
11/13/2006, 01:44 PM
SMU certainly did a fine job with Craig James and Eric Dickerson together...the "Pony Express".....maybe we could develop a "horsepig express."

OUTrumpet
11/13/2006, 01:47 PM
Why we can't have (or Didn't ) have Patrick and AD in the same backfield -- ?

You line them both back 6 to 7 yards and have a **DOUBLE I** formation - just off set them by a couple yards and line them up behind the guards...With PT under Center....( Our own New Sooner Formation )

"The Double I" ---- :) Me and Leach both Crazy --- :)

Still R'

I think they already have something similar to that. Called the "pro" formation. No fullback though.

Blues1
11/13/2006, 01:55 PM
Pro formation would have backs only 4 1/2 yards back -- I'm saying 6 to 7 yards back -- Picture AD way back in the I -- Just add one more back at the same distance and put them back between the Guards & Tackles -- THE DOUBLE I
Formation...!!!!
I've never seen that before --- Yet....:)

stoopified
11/13/2006, 03:07 PM
SMU certainly did a fine job with Craig James and Eric Dickerson together...the "Pony Express".....maybe we could develop a "horsepig express."That works IF the two backs are somewhat equal in talent(believe or not a healthy James was a good RB in his own right.).The problem we had is AD was far and away better than the others.My point was to show that the guys who have been behind AD are starting caliber RBs in their own right.I think AP,Teenial,Choice have all proven that.I think OU could have multi- back approach next year with AP,Gute,Brown,Madu,Murray.IMHO at least 1 of the frosh will end up at a new position to get them on the field ,like with Wolfe(hey he did play well last year)If you recall we DID use two backs with Q and KJ, KJ and Renaldo,Kj and AD.

Ruuuuuufus
11/13/2006, 03:22 PM
Pro formation would have backs only 4 1/2 yards back -- I'm saying 6 to 7 yards back -- Picture AD way back in the I -- Just add one more back at the same distance and put them back between the Guards & Tackles -- THE DOUBLE I
Formation...!!!!
I've never seen that before --- Yet....:)

Did you miss the A&M game?