PDA

View Full Version : Ugly one in a million chance...

goingoneight
11/12/2006, 08:50 PM
Jevan Snead + UT receivers + in Asstin = ugly to sound win...

Stephen Mcgee + dinosaur option + aTm receivers = teh succ.

This is gonna be like rooting for Baylor to beat Vince Young in 2005. :sad:

I really think that we're just destined to be ripped off this season, no matter how it happens.

goingoneight
11/12/2006, 08:52 PM
To add, I feel that if McCoy isn't back this season... Nebraska takes the BIG 12 Title. How embarassing is that? The team who lost to Gumby and Booty takes our conference's highest honors.

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 08:55 PM
To add, I feel that if McCoy isn't back this season... Nebraska takes the BIG 12 Title. How embarassing is that? The team who lost to Gumby and Booty takes our conference's highest honors.

No, if McCoy doesn't come back, I really think we will be in the Big 12 championship against Nebraska, and I think we match up with them well. We beat Nebraska, and we are in the BCS baby!

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 08:56 PM
I think Texas is in trouble.....

DrZaius
11/12/2006, 09:03 PM
I am not sure A&M can win this.....

Classic Fran pantcrapper game

BASSooner
11/12/2006, 09:38 PM
u never know. i doubt anybody expected kansas state to win.

Paperclip
11/12/2006, 09:40 PM
We have a much better chance to lose to our Aggies than Texas does to lose to theirs.

tommieharris91
11/12/2006, 09:43 PM
It's sad because I fully expect Francine to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 09:54 PM
I expect panic to set in and Texass to choke and choke some more. I expect they will push to get Colt back when he's actually hurt and get him ijured early...first time he's hit and then just fall apart.

Fran may be a bad coach, but he's just a junior version of Mack's now returned chokiness in the big game and he's already lost 2 in a row, so it's Mack's turn now.

1991SOONER
11/12/2006, 10:08 PM
Damn right the panic is set in. They know they are in trouble.

Might be a good opportunity for some gamblers to make some money off Texas (not making the spread or getting beat).

Did anyone else feel the "shift in power" this weekend??

I think it went straight up I-35 and stopped right in Norman!!

The next month ought to be interesting :pop:

The Maestro
11/12/2006, 10:12 PM
I'm just glad you won't see Paul Thompson on the front row of the aTm-texas game pulling for the aggies. When Applewhite and the boys showed up at tech a few years ago it was quite pathetic. We have too much dignity to pull that kind of crap. If aTm wins...so be it. If not, we'll roll with it. Destiny is out of our hands and we will play the cards as they are dealt.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 11:28 PM
The next month is gonna be where the Sooner magic finally shows up...it's been sorely missed on the field, but I think it's gonna come around in the form of some great outcomes for us in unusual ways on far flung stadiums.

TrophyCollector
11/12/2006, 11:35 PM
If McCoy doesn't play and A&M does not beat texass, can't they just go ahead and fire Fran? If he can't beat them under these conditions, he'll never beat them.

TrophyCollector
11/12/2006, 11:38 PM
P.S. - I hope texass loses on the last play of the game on a blown instant replay call.

badger
11/12/2006, 11:43 PM
I am not sure A&M can win this.....

Classic Fran pantcrapper game
they are three last-minute losses away from being undefeated. While they are also a few last-minute lucky breaks away from having less than eight wins, let's not COMPELTELY count out aTm.

if they win, the whorns go back to the holiday bowl and there is balance in the force once again.

if they lose, yell eaTme at the television and cheer for whichever rival you hate more in the big 12 championship game. I know people on both sides of the coin.

DrZaius
11/13/2006, 12:03 AM
they are three last-minute losses away from being undefeated. While they are also a few last-minute lucky breaks away from having less than eight wins, let's not COMPELTELY count out aTm.

if they win, the whorns go back to the holiday bowl and there is balance in the force once again.

if they lose, yell eaTme at the television and cheer for whichever rival you hate more in the big 12 championship game. I know people on both sides of the coin.

Don't worry about me, I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want the ags to win. But lets face it, FATE has not exactly been on our side this season.

AlbqSooner
11/13/2006, 12:13 AM
Destiny is out of our hands and we will play the cards as they are dealt.
Agreed. However, we have been dealt some really bad cards all year.

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 12:21 AM
I will have to admit that A&M football is exciting. Most teams don't have three 1-point outcomes in three years (we've had two this year), but the Aggies have been involved in three 1-point games in their last four games and all decided in the last half minute of the game.

DarrellZero
11/13/2006, 12:38 AM
Of course I'd love for this to happen, but I just don't see it.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 12:40 AM
I see it...I truly believe that we've had enough bad luck for the universe to be forced into balance.

SoonerDood
11/13/2006, 12:53 AM
P.S. - I hope texass loses on the last play of the game on a blown instant replay call.
a blown replay going against the whorns? Isn't the title of this thread "one in a million"?

Sooner47
11/13/2006, 12:56 AM
Texas is a big game for A&M. Fran never wins big games. Ergo, Texas beats A&M. But I'll still be cheering for A&M even though I'm sure it will ultimately end in frustration. :(

hybridworks
11/13/2006, 11:03 AM
I can feel aTm pulling it off. Texass hasnt won a game convincingly over any semi quality teams. They beat us using our poor secondary against us. They walked away from Nebraska and Tech winning by a total of 6 points. If aTm plays like they did against us and have a little better management, then all is against the shorthorns.

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2006, 11:08 AM
First, Colt's injury was a stinger and concussion. He was held out of the game because of the concussion. He is expected to be back for sheep humpin' aggy.

Second, the loss against K-State didn't happen because of quarterback play. As has been the case all year, our secondary was slap yo momma ugly. Unless Colt played DB, his injury was not determinative of the outcome.

Third, aggy is a run first, second and last oriented offense. Texas shuts down the run. McGee is a bit of a scatter arm. The game is in Austin. Franocchio is not a big game coach at all.

sooner518
11/13/2006, 11:14 AM
First, Colt's injury was a stinger and concussion. He was held out of the game because of the concussion. He is expected to be back for sheep humpin'.

:D

caphorns
11/13/2006, 11:23 AM
This Texas team has proven to be much better at home than on the road. I have a good feeling about the aggy game, but Gene C better prove his worth.

fwsooner22
11/13/2006, 11:26 AM
First, Colt's injury was a stinger and concussion. He was held out of the game because of the concussion. He is expected to be back for sheep humpin' aggy.

Second, the loss against K-State didn't happen because of quarterback play. As has been the case all year, our secondary was slap yo momma ugly. Unless Colt played DB, his injury was not determinative of the outcome.

Third, aggy is a run first, second and last oriented offense. Texas shuts down the run. McGee is a bit of a scatter arm. The game is in Austin. Franocchio is not a big game coach at all.

You just lost to Kansas State.........and you talk like there will be no shot at a loss in two weeks............Your team showed no character....your coach was close to tears......your backup QB stunk.....your D is embarrasing........with all of that you can still be sure of a win.........that is Longhorn arrogance at its finest.............How can UT have all those recruits and not have a single DB who can cover........??????

fwsooner22
11/13/2006, 11:29 AM
This Texas team has proven to be much better at home than on the road. I have a good feeling about the aggy game, but Gene C better prove his worth.

He already has............That trophy you have from last year is his and VY's..........He is in his final 2 games at UT so it really doesn't matter what you all think of him..........

sooner518
11/13/2006, 11:34 AM
You just lost to Kansas State.........and you talk like there will be no shot at a loss in two weeks............Your team showed no character....your coach was close to tears......your backup QB stunk.....your D is embarrasing........with all of that you can still be sure of a win.........that is Longhorn arrogance at its finest.............How can UT have all those recruits and not have a single DB who can cover........??????
i think he realizes that Fran is coaching the nut-grabbers. and its at former OU-QB stadium

caphorns
11/13/2006, 11:41 AM
He already has............That trophy you have from last year is his and VY's..........He is in his final 2 games at UT so it really doesn't matter what you all think of him..........

Maybe so, but the onus is squarely on Gene to show that he can improve this defense at this point. Remember that he did inherit alot from the prior administration going into last year - including 3 high NFL draft picks. Don't get me wrong - I like Chizik. But I'm not sure he's impressed enough this year to warrant receiving a decent HC job offer.

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2006, 11:45 AM

Wow.. have you been drinking this morning?

You're right.. the team got behind by 21 points and then they just quit.. Oh wait... they didn't quit.. they came back, showed heart and stayed competitive. You obviously have a problem recognizing that especially against the likes of K-State [cough]... Big XII title game .. [cough]

Sneed did as well as can be expected... and in fact, the loss was not due to him or his play(were you even watching the game?)

Our D is an enigma (our run defense is second nationally and in fact, KState only ran for 23 yards). Our secondary this year has been pathetic. (It would be arrogant not to acknowledge that).

As for aggy, I am not sure of a win.. what we do have is...

aggy has not won in Austin since 1994.
Franocchio has never beaten Texas.
Franocchio is 0 - forever against Texas, OU and Nebbish.
aggy's passing attack is spotty at best.
If we held a healthy Peterson to 38 yards rushing in the second half, we are likely to fare well against Japorkie Lane and/or Goodson, who are not the back that Peterson is.
Mack has not lost back to back games since 1999.
The closest aggy has played us in the past 6 games has been an 11 point loss last year in their place.
aggy, this year, does not match up well with Texas.

Having said all that, in aggy's mind it is a rivalry game and anything can happen.

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 11:53 AM
The Longhorn secondary has been weak all season and it was only compounded when the Wildcats burned them with a WR option and a RB option on consecutive plays.

BASSooner
11/13/2006, 12:02 PM
I still see the longwhorns pulling this one for a victory, unless fran can pull some plays out of his *** such as going for it on 4th and inches. Javorskie Lane will be a challenge for the whorn defense. He's a biscuit away from being 300 pounds and that guy can truck it. Goodson is a play-maker as well. The whorns won't have a problem with using charles and young. aggots have no run d whatsoever.

fwsooner22
11/13/2006, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=TexasLidig8r]Wow.. have you been drinking this morning?

Not drinking this morning but I did go and get a second 12 pack when I saw what was happening in Manhattan on Saturday night.........

caphorns
11/13/2006, 12:10 PM
The Longhorn secondary has been weak all season and it was only compounded when the Wildcats burned them with a WR option and a RB option on consecutive plays.

NU pretty much did the same thing. The secondary was weak even on non-trick plays. Don't know how to fix it. It's becoming obvious to me that our coaching staff is either unwilling or unable to fix the problem. I thought our pass rush was also questionable - and the LBs are not contributing at all. Not just the secondary, it's the entire pass D breaking down.

tru2ou
11/13/2006, 12:32 PM
Texas is going to win this game easily. Why do you say? Its strength and weakness on both sides of the ball.

Texas offense (without McCoy) will run the ball all over TAMU run defense. Its the weakest part of their defense.

TAMU's offensive strength is their run game which happens to be the strength of the Texas defense. McGee can't pass and that's the only way to beat Texas.

The only chance TAMU has is for Texas to fumble 3-4 times and TAMU to get a break on speacial teams. Otherwise, its a blowout.

UT-41 TAMU - 17

- TRU

caphorns
11/13/2006, 12:37 PM
tru - our running game is far from our strength. We got nuthing between the tackles at this point. We have to rely on our passing game even against mediocre run defenses. I'm not happy about it, but the thing that swings this Ag game is simple home field advantage. We just haven't played that well defensively to brag about a sure victory.

Tear Down This Wall
11/13/2006, 01:19 PM
Look, I don't have time to read through all of the tripe. But, I look at it this way:

First, without McCoy, Texas is in for a dogfight. It was pretty easy to see Saturday why McCoy is the 'Horn starter this year and Snead isn't. Snead just isn't ready. If Snead plays and can't move the offense and McGee/Javorski ball control the 'Horns all day, Texas may be kicking themselves ala our beloved Sooners 2001.

Second, we'll kill Baylor, but our game versus Oklahoma Aggy isn't going to be a gimme. They have a decent QB and a rabid atmosphere when we're there to play them in Stoolwater. Their defense is a big suck pool, but we can't go in there half-as*sed like we did in 2002 and expect them to lay down. They love spoiling our hopes and dreams (bastards). So, Stoops has got to scare the living sh*t out of our guys before they go up there to Pickensland.

Third, college football is wacky. It's just unpredictable. Beyond Ohio State-Michigan winner being in the title game, nothing else is certain.

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 02:02 PM
First, without McCoy, Texas is in for a dogfight. It was pretty easy to see Saturday why McCoy is the 'Horn starter this year and Snead isn't. Snead just isn't ready. If Snead plays and can't move the offense and McGee/Javorski ball control the 'Horns all day, Texas may be kicking themselves ala our beloved Sooners 2001.

IF McCoy is out (big IF), they could be in trouble. And I believe two of their linemen are out (Dockery and didn't catch the name of the guy who went down against KSU...he was rolling around in some serious pain). Their run game becomes all that more important.

I doubt they play their safeties back as far as they did against us, especially if it's Snead. And considering how well they did against the run in the second half in our game, when they brought them up and clearly played run defense to force Paul to beat them with his arm, I'd say they have a decent chance of stopping the run.

Second, we'll kill Baylor, but our game versus Oklahoma Aggy isn't going to be a gimme. They have a decent QB and a rabid atmosphere when we're there to play them in Stoolwater. Their defense is a big suck pool, but we can't go in there half-as*sed like we did in 2002 and expect them to lay down. They love spoiling our hopes and dreams (bastards). So, Stoops has got to scare the living sh*t out of our guys before they go up there to Pickensland.

OSU always scares me of late because they always play us well up there.

Since 1998, we've won two games up there by a total of eight points. I could probably go back to 1996, but I can't remember who won that year (I thought it was OSU).

BIG_IKE
11/13/2006, 02:08 PM
u never know. i doubt anybody expected kansas state to win.

True. But just about anyone would have lost to K-State losing your best O-Lineman and losing your starting QB in the first drive of the game on their field.

badger
11/13/2006, 02:48 PM
It is simple, texas:

win, or go to another holiday bowl.

use that as motivation. san diego misses you :D