PDA

View Full Version : 2007 QB Position, Who's Coming Back

Rogue
11/12/2006, 06:34 PM
I count 4 QBs on our roster at soonersports.com

I haven't seen much of Halzle, what can y'all tell me about these guys?

Knowing that it's open-competition every year (and me not being worried about recruits reading sf.com), anyone the heir-apparent?

Sam Bradford - 6'5" 197 # Fr.
Joey Halzle - 6'3" 198 # Soph.
Hays McEachern - 5'11" 180 # Soph.
John Nimmo - 6'1" 190 # Fr.

I remember reading about Sam Bradford over the summer, maybe saw a TV special with some interviews with his teachers and they all love the kid.

Rogue
11/19/2006, 09:26 PM
You people disappoint me sometimes.

catch106
11/19/2006, 10:52 PM
Hays McEachern is the holder for PATs and FGs. I believe that yesterday was his first chance to throw a pass after that snap on the first PAT went bad. His dad was the QB for Texas in 1977 when they beat us. He was a walk-on and still probably is (scholarships arent in abundance)

Nimmo-never heard of him and I dont expect to ever hear his name uttered by the PA announcer or a tv broadcaster. Every team has their walk-ons who never see playing time and he is one of those.

So when it comes to the QB discussion for next year, we really only have 2 QBs on the roster. 1 qb whose last game was in high school and another whose claim to fame is not letting Jimmy Clausen beat him out while in high school (Clausen was a freshman, Halzle was a senior)

KingDavid
11/19/2006, 10:57 PM
I count 4 QBs on our roster at soonersports.com

I haven't seen much of Halzle, what can y'all tell me about these guys?

Knowing that it's open-competition every year (and me not being worried about recruits reading sf.com), anyone the heir-apparent?

Sam Bradford - 6'5" 197 # Fr.
Joey Halzle - 6'3" 198 # Soph.
Hays McEachern - 5'11" 180 # Soph.
John Nimmo - 6'1" 190 # Fr.

I remember reading about Sam Bradford over the summer, maybe saw a TV special with some interviews with his teachers and they all love the kid.

McEachern will compete strongly . . . for the kick holder.
Don't know diddly about Nimmo.
Halzle has been a disappointment, but he'll be the "heir" apparent for now. Although it sounds like Matt Flynn might be the true heir when all is said and done.

Barring a major recruiting surprise, I personally think Bradford has a great shot to come in and displace Halzle on on the depth chart. He needs to put on some weight.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/19/2006, 10:57 PM
Matt Flynn

landrun
11/20/2006, 08:39 AM
C'mon guys ... this Flynn stuff is wishful thinking. Completely bogus in my mind.

OUster
11/20/2006, 05:22 PM
1 qb whose last game was in high school and another whose claim to fame is not letting Jimmy Clausen beat him out while in high school (Clausen was a freshman, Halzle was a senior)

I thought Clausen did beat out Halzle during Halzle's senior year? Clausen then took them to the state title...or, no? No argument from me, I just want to make sure I have my worthless fountain of Sooner knowledge full of truthful water.

chbrew09
11/20/2006, 07:46 PM
I thought Clausen did beat out Halzle during Halzle's senior year? Clausen then took them to the state title...or, no? No argument from me, I just want to make sure I have my worthless fountain of Sooner knowledge full of truthful water.

I'm not positive, but I remember reading somewhere that he hadn't lost a game in his 4 years as a starter in high school...maybe I'm just remembering wrong. I do know Clausen never lost a game in high school as a starter though.