PDA

View Full Version : How...

8timechamps
11/12/2006, 05:45 PM
did we not move past Auburn? We should be (at the very least) ahead of every other 2 loss team. I can count 4 or 5 teams ahead of us that we are without doubt better than.

The Oregon game will continue to haunt us for the rest of the year.

Stoops was right, that was a multi million dollar blown call.

otis
11/12/2006, 08:37 PM
amen brother

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 08:40 PM
yup..... Gordon Riese should be banned from football for life. It was so flagrant that the only logical reason for the call was to fix the game. The weekend after that game I was watching the Arizona game on the same network that we played on against Oregon, and they flat out said it was fale that Gordon did not have the views that the entire country had. But, the voters have short memories, and we should be a 1 loss team right now probably in the top 5 in my humble opinion.

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 08:45 PM
It is though all of the voters have forgotten the Oregon debacle....

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 08:51 PM
Yup, had the Oregon screwing been against USC all the ESPN talking heads all season long would be talking about it helping them out with voters..... but since it was OU they are like "Nothing to see here, move on..."

tulsaoilerfan
11/12/2006, 08:55 PM
I can't see how Auburn loses badly to an unranked Georgia team and only drops to 11; if that was us, we have been out of the top 20

The Maestro
11/12/2006, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I remember hearing how that loss was not going to be counted against us. I was hopeful at the time. Not now...we have three 2 loss teams even ranked ahead of us.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 08:57 PM
Because they are in The ESPN conference

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 09:03 PM
Because they are in The ESPN conference
I don't know what we did to make most of the country hate us so bad..... maybe because we have 7 national titles??????

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 09:05 PM
I don't know what we did to make most of the country hate us so bad..... maybe because we have 7 national titles??????

So...Alabama has 27 of them and they dont hate them:D

silverwheels
11/12/2006, 09:16 PM
we should be a 1 loss team right now probably in the top 5 in my humble opinion.

I have yet to see us play like a top 5 team this year...

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 09:19 PM
So...Alabama has 27 of them and they dont hate them:D

Good point....

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 09:20 PM

I think we are now. I think all parts of the game have come together - well except BALL SECURITY. You take away our turnovers and we would have really stomped Tech....

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 09:49 PM
That's why these next 2 games and hopefully the Big 12 Championship we need to step on the opponent's throats and never let up until they are whimpering, crying for mommy, and telling everyone they see that the
Sooners are the mightiest team in the land. We need to pound them so bad that their coaches are forced to vote us #1 despite our losses. We need to have Michigan and Ohio State publicly saying they are glad they don't have to face the fate of our last few foes.

We must show the nation that we are Sooners!

silverwheels
11/12/2006, 09:51 PM
I think we are now. I think all parts of the game have come together - well except BALL SECURITY. You take away our turnovers and we would have really stomped Tech....

We're playing well without AD, but our recent opponents weren't on our level, even without him. I think we're a top 10-15 team, AD or not.

SoonerFanInAustin
11/12/2006, 10:17 PM
I want us to be rated higher than 17 too....but seriously, we haven't beat anyone that would be a quality win. The other 2 loss teams do have at least one win against a team currently in the top 25. With Mizzu and A&M on losing streaks, that wins don't look as impressive to the voters.

We just all root for the Aggies and we can tick off the nation by winning the Big XII. There does seem to be a bias against the Sooners since we went to the Sugar Bowl, but surely media and others don't hold a grudge for this long. Oh well, just my thoughts.

rhombic21
11/12/2006, 10:21 PM
In all fairness, very few of the teams in the top 5 right now have played like top 5 teams for a lot of this year.

silverwheels
11/12/2006, 10:26 PM
In all fairness, very few of the teams in the top 5 right now have played like top 5 teams for a lot of this year.

True, but we haven't looked like we belong in the top 5 at any point this year. The top 5 teams all have, and even the next 5 have. We're ranked right where we should be, in my opinion.

rhombic21
11/13/2006, 12:36 AM
True, but we haven't looked like we belong in the top 5 at any point this year. The top 5 teams all have, and even the next 5 have. We're ranked right where we should be, in my opinion.
I disagree. The only top 10 teams that have looked impressive recently are Ohio State, Michigan, Rutgers, Arkansas, and to some extent USC (although they've been really inconsistent). Those are the only teams ahead of us right now that I can say have played significantly better than us over the course of the season.

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 12:44 AM

They didn't forget. They never cared.

After the game, we dropped two places and Oregon moved up six spots.

SOONER44EVER
11/13/2006, 01:07 AM
Stoops was right, that was a multi million dollar blown call.
If I remember right Stoops was saying just a few days before that that the polls don't matter. The polls ALWAYS matter if you want to be in a good bowl game.