PDA

View Full Version : Boise State Screwing up The BCS....

Blues1
11/12/2006, 05:06 PM
Their Biggest Win vs Oregon State...They Barely beat San Jose State -Trying to be Fair to all teams is Screwing up the BCS - that's already far from Perfect....Hopefully Nevada will expose them.....

Even Kansas could be undefeated with their schedule....

Aug 31 vs. Sacramento State W 45 - 0
Sept 7 vs. Oregon State W 42 - 14
Sept 16 at Wyoming W 17 - 10
Sept 23 vs. Hawaii W 41 - 34
Sept 30 at Utah W 36 - 3
Oct 7 vs. Louisiana Tech W 55 - 14
Oct 15 at New Mexico State W 40 - 28
Oct 21 at Idaho W 42 - 26
Nov 1 vs. Fresno State W 45 - 21
Nov 11 at San Jose State W 23 - 20

Nov 18 vs. Utah State 3:00 PM ET
Nov 25 at Nevada TBA

BCS Not WORKING....!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 05:09 PM
Hopefully they'll lose to Utah State AND NEvada, though both suck worse than a Japanese Pee-Wee football league.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 05:22 PM
Yeah I just happen to luck up there schedule too....I understand the Rutgers situation because nobody knew, even them, that they would be undefeated now..but Boise is in it year after year and the schedule the same non conference wimps every year...Dont tell me about Oregon St beating SUC especially after being shutdown by UCLA....

Rogue
11/12/2006, 05:42 PM
....I understand the Rutgers situation because nobody knew, even them, that they would be undefeated now..but Boise is in it year after year and the schedule the same non conference wimps every year...

Exactly the point I made a couple times yesterday and I like Boise St. But the teams that are in the top 25 every year HAVE to either step up and schedule some decent opponents or STFU! You listening Louisville? As for Rutgers I love the cinderella story and since they came out of nowhere I think they should be treated fairly. Boise St. can host the Humanitarian Bowl on the smurf-turf every year until the learn to schedule 2 or 3 good teams for all I care.

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 05:43 PM
Boise has a hard time getting teams to want to play them. It is lose/lose for a big time team to schedule Boise St.

snp
11/12/2006, 06:09 PM
Boise State won't play in the NC even if every team has 1 loss. I don't see what's wrong with them playing in a random BCS bowl if they do go undefeated.

And San Jose is a pretty decent football team. I don't understand this misplaced hate for teams that don't affect us.

noobalicious
11/12/2006, 06:14 PM
**** Boise St. Same goes to Wisky. Schedule cupcakes and build up your record. I hope they both get shelled in BCS bowls so I can laugh at them.

AzianSooner
11/12/2006, 06:16 PM
BCS is not a perfect flawless system for college football. But, it is an approximate system to the perfect one if.....

there is some other things adding upon this BCS.

ClintonSooner
11/12/2006, 06:34 PM
I have mixed emotions...being that BSu is my second favorite team :O (next to OU of coarse)

snp
11/12/2006, 06:43 PM
**** Boise St. Same goes to Wisky. Schedule cupcakes and build up your record. I hope they both get shelled in BCS bowls so I can laugh at them.

Wisconsin isn't going to make it since only two teams per conference can qualify for bids and they won't pass up Michigan or Ohio State in favor of Wisconsin.

noobalicious
11/12/2006, 06:54 PM
Wisconsin isn't going to make it since only two teams per conference can qualify for bids and they won't pass up Michigan or Ohio State in favor of Wisconsin.

Yay!

trwxxa
11/12/2006, 07:01 PM
Boise has a hard time getting teams to want to play them. It is lose/lose for a big time team to schedule Boise St.

Right on. Say you are the Sooners A.D., which we all are anyway, and you get a call from the Boise St. A.D. offering a home and home. Would you accept?

snp
11/12/2006, 07:10 PM
A 1-and-1 with OU and BSU makes no sense for us. Why schedule them when we can sign a much easier team with more lucrative incentives?

ClintonSooner
11/12/2006, 07:11 PM
BSu wouldnt do it anyway...

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 07:12 PM
One advantage would be there wouldn't be idiot pollsters who actually think BS and OU are relatively equal!

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 07:15 PM
BSu wouldnt do it anyway...
They were willing to open up a season at Georgia, they used to play all sorts of top teams, I don't see why you think they are ducking teams. People quit scheduling Boise when they quit being a cupcake. You also can't expect teams to accept terms that are deterimental to their financial situation. Boise packs their stadium week in and week out and is on TV a ton. They don't have to take games for the money like a UAB or MTSU does. A BCS program would take a financial hit by scheduling BSU because they would have to pay more to get BSU to play them, because the Broncos could take a home game against a MWC school and make more money. Other non-BCS schools have to take what is given because they play their home games in front of 15 people. If OU or NU, or any top program offered Boise a 2 for 1, or a 1.25 guarantee, they would be here in a second. But College Football is a business first and you can expect them to not act in their best financial interests.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/12/2006, 07:20 PM
Yep, that is what is a major problem. Something I always laugh about is when the Fresno St coach(name escapes me) after they play a big time school always says " Thank You ~insert school Name~ for actually playing us unlike some of our California brethren

Blues1
11/12/2006, 07:36 PM
I have NO Hate For Boise State - But to rank them Number # 13 is a Joke to teams Like - Oklahoma. - Cal - Auburn - & probably Wake Forrest ....Do you really think Boise State could beat Oklahoma...??? -- Plus We've Played Fresno State - Bowling Green - Tulsa - etc - We Give these teams a chance to beat us and they rarely even get close - Ranking Boise State in top 15 Keeps real top 15 teams from their real Ranking....and most likely puts them in a Lesser Bowl Game - Lets Be real -- Boise State belongs about Number 22 to number 25 at best

1. Ohio St. (64) 11-0 1,624
2. Michigan (1) 11-0 1,561
3. Florida 9-1 1,436
4. Southern Cal 8-1 1,433
5. Arkansas 9-1 1,331
6. Notre Dame 9-1 1,302
7. Rutgers 9-0 1,212
8. West Virginia 8-1 1,075
9. LSU 8-2 1,074
10. Louisville 8-1 1,028
11. Texas 9-2 965
12. Wisconsin 10-1 930
13. Boise St. 10-0 805
14. Wake Forest 9-1 777
15. Auburn 9-2 751
16. Oklahoma 8-2 746
17. California 8-2 595

Still R'

ClintonSooner
11/12/2006, 08:06 PM
gotta love their field :D
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/callmecoco/bsufields.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 08:08 PM
yep...makes me think football! lol

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 08:12 PM
They were willing to open up a season at Georgia, they used to play all sorts of top teams,

The point is that Georgia beat the crap out of them in 2005...They beat Portland State,div 2 school, by 7, and got beat by Boston College in their home bowl game...A good San Jose State team doesnt get beat 44-10 by La Tech(3-7) at home either so I dont really think they are that good..

And who are the schools turning them down? And why would they? I hate when these teams beat a down BCS conference team and they start giving them huge credit for it..

Not 1 single school ranked on their schedule this year, played 3 last year and went 0-3,1 in 2004 and lost, 1 and won in 2003, none in 2002, 1-1 in top 25 games in 2001, and none in 2000.....2-5 vs top 25 teams....Not exactly a stellar record...also along the way losing to some not so powerful Arkansas, South Carolina, Washington State, Rice, and Louisiana Tech teams....

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 08:25 PM
The point is that Georgia beat the crap out of them in 2005...They beat Portland State,div 2 school, by 7, and got beat by Boston College in their home bowl game...A good San Jose State team doesnt get beat 44-10 by La Tech(3-7) at home either so I dont really think they are that good..

And who are the schools turning them down? And why would they? I hate when these teams beat a down BCS conference team and they start giving them huge credit for it..

Not 1 single school ranked on their schedule this year, played 3 last year and went 0-3,1 in 2004 and lost, 1 and won in 2003, none in 2002, 1-1 in top 25 games in 2001, and none in 2000.....2-5 vs top 25 teams....Not exactly a stellar record...also along the way losing to some not so powerful Arkansas, South Carolina, Washington State, Rice, and Louisiana Tech teams....First of all SJS beat La Tech 44-10 at home. Who cares what has happened in prior years. They have no bearing on 2006. BSU destroyed an Oregon State team that beat USC. Boise State isn't in demand by big BCS schools because it is a lose/lose situation for them. Boise costs more and could be beat them. And you can't expect a team to take less money and hurt their programs to get certain games either. Boise has a strong financial base and doesn't have to take games for the money like a UAB, that extra money they get from home games is why their program is a lot more solid than most non-BCS schools. After all the BCS is just pretend anyway, so what would it hurt to have them play Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl.

Blues1
11/12/2006, 08:33 PM
"so what would it hurt to have them play Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl"

So You want a SURE WIN.........Sounds Like Chicken SH!T to me...!!!

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 08:36 PM
"so what would it hurt to have them play Nebraska in the Fiesta Bowl"

So You want a SURE WIN.........Sounds Like Chicken SH!T to me...!!!
I don't think it would be a sure win. If think it would be a sure win, you clearly haven't seen the NU secondary.

Blues1
11/12/2006, 08:46 PM
I don't think it would be a sure win. If think it would be a sure win, you clearly haven't seen the NU secondary.

I've seen Neb play about 4 or 5 games this year -- Why Give Boise State all that Bowl Money for playing NOBODY'S during the Season...???

Lets all play "THE MAINES" of College Football and We can have 10 or 12 undefeated teams almost every year...ROYALFAN you have a lot of GREAT Posts on this Board - but this ain't one of them.....You know Bosie State is Not a Top 15 team --- Why Stand up for them...???

R'

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 08:53 PM
Yup I screwed up the La Tech...The reason I brought up the past because of the point that schools were afraid to play them and I dont see a reason behind that when they have been less than spectacular against top competition....Oregon State is not a great team because they beat USC...They are an average team in a BCS conference...

You make valid points too......but its hard for me to give respect to them when they dont match themselved up against top competition....They have a future home and home series with Oregon and other than that...They have a home and home with Miami of Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Oregon State, and Wyoming....Nothing that strikes me as tough other than Oregon....

Louisville, though on the other hand, have Notre Dame and Georgia signed up to play in the future...Sure isnt beneficial for them to play ND but they are going to...

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 08:57 PM
I've seen Neb play about 4 or 5 games this year -- Why Give Boise State all that Bowl Money for playing NOBODY'S during the Season...???

Lets all play "THE MAINES" of College Football and We can have 10 or 12 undefeated teams almost every year...ROYALFAN you have a lot of GREAT Posts on this Board - but this ain't one of them.....You know Bosie State is Not a Top 15 team --- Why Stand up for them...???

R'
I like an underdog. As long as there is a BCS nobody will challenge themselves with scheduling. Why not let Boise State play on a big stage, to see what happens, the BCS is just a meaningless made up event. Why give more money to the rich schools, like the Baylor's and Iowa States of the world deserve their share of the Big XII's bowl money? The College Bowl Season is just one long meaningless exhibition, so why not make it more interesting by letting some new kids play? I'm like the Man in Black, and Boise is like the poor and downtrodden.

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 09:01 PM
When they took SOS out, they have what you have now...With the exception of a few teams, Most schools are scheduling the Army, Citadel s, La Lafayette, La Techs of the world.....Hey that's 4 of Frannie's wins

Blues1
11/12/2006, 09:03 PM
I like an underdog. As long as there is a BCS nobody will challenge themselves with scheduling. Why not let Boise State play on a big stage, to see what happens, the BCS is just a meaningless made up event. Why give more money to the rich schools, like the Baylor's and Iowa States of the world deserve their share of the Big XII's bowl money? The College Bowl Season is just one long meaningless exhibition, so why not make it more interesting by letting some new kids play? I'm like the Man in Black, and Boise is like the poor and downtrodden.

Ok - I can dig that ....almost --- :)

But to us Sooners 2000 was NOT a Meaningless exhibition - We WERE the Best Team in College Football and we proved it on the field of Play...

Remember RED OCTOBER....... :D

Still R'

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 09:06 PM
Yup I screwed up the La Tech...The reason I brought up the past because of the point that schools were afraid to play them and I dont see a reason behind that when they have been less than spectacular against top competition....Oregon State is not a great team because they beat USC...They are an average team in a BCS conference...

You make valid points too......but its hard for me to give respect to them when they dont match themselved up against top competition....They have a future home and home series with Oregon and other than that...They have a home and home with Miami of Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green, Oregon State, and Wyoming....Nothing that strikes me as tough other than Oregon....

Louisville, though on the other hand, have Notre Dame and Georgia signed up to play in the future...Sure isnt beneficial for them to play ND but they are going to...
Louisville also has the stadium capacity to do true home and homes as well. The Big East is a BCS conference, they have more leverage in getting those games than does Boise. Most schools any more will play on big BCS OOC game and that's it. NU only does one Big OOC game a year, and then might play a BCS bottom feeder, and then two teams that need the money, just like OU does, like Texas does, like Florida does, etc. Since schedules are set way in advance, sometimes you end up with a tougher than expected, or worse than expected. Boise does basically the same thing, and plays their peers, and preserves their team for conference by not playing a suicide schedule. Look at Fresno, they schedule way up, and never win the WAC because they are used up by conference play. If you're Boise, you know that you are not going to get national title consideration, so you don't want destroy your team in OOC play to make sure you are positioned for your conference title since that has to be your main goal, and if they pieces fall in place with your step up OOC game, maybe you get a BCS bid. You have to expect programs to act in their rational best intersts, playing Boise isn't for most programs because they are expensive and don't make you look good if you win, and overscheduling beyond 1 or 2 games would hurt Boise's chances at a conference title. If OU went nuts in their OOC scheduling and played 3 or 4 top teams, I bet they'd have a hard time winning the Big XII because of the wear and tear compared to the other teams.

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 09:09 PM
Ok - I can dig that ....almost --- :)

But to us Sooners 2000 was NOT a Meaningless exhibition - We WERE the Best Team in College Football and we proved it on the field of Play...

Remember RED OCTOBER....... :D

Still R' but no one is trying to put Boise in the NC game, and the only things trying to put Rutgers there are the computers. The other BCS games mean jack and squat.

Blues1
11/12/2006, 09:11 PM
"If OU went nuts in their OOC scheduling and played 3 or 4 top teams, I bet they'd have a hard time winning the Big XII because of the wear and tear compared to the other teams."

We damn near do that -- 2 out 4 is pretty Darn close.....!!! - Look at our future schedules....

R'

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 09:14 PM
"If OU went nuts in their OOC scheduling and played 3 or 4 top teams, I bet they'd have a hard time winning the Big XII because of the wear and tear compared to the other teams."

We damn near do that -- 2 out 4 is pretty Darn close.....!!! - Look at our future schedules....

R'

Exactly......

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 09:16 PM
Your 2007 schedule doesn't look brutal, North Texas, Utah State, Tulsa, and Miami(FLA)
Beyond that according to soonerstats.com you only have two BCS OOC games in the same year in 2015.
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=2007

Blues1
11/12/2006, 09:22 PM
Your 2007 schedule doesn't look brutal, North Texas, Utah State, Tulsa, and Miami(FLA)
Beyond that according to soonerstats.com you only have two BCS OOC games in the same year in 2015.
http://www.soonerstats.com/fb/seasons/schedule.cfm?SeasonID=2007

Lets see NEB Schedule...... :)

stoops the eternal pimp
11/12/2006, 09:22 PM
The formally in the 3 game non conf. years was one patsy, one middle of the road, and one good one..... so that will vary with the fact that a lof of the non conference sched. hasnt been completed yet....LSU, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Miami... No Nicholls State and really doesnt benefit OU to play them but they are

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 09:25 PM
Lets see NEB Schedule...... :)
Nevada in Lincoln, at Wake Forest, USC in Lincoln, and Ball State in Lincoln. I'd say that is the equal of OU's schedule if not tougher in 2007.

Blues1
11/12/2006, 09:29 PM
I will trade you Nevada and Ball State for Tulsa and Utah State... :)

Still R

TUSooner
11/12/2006, 09:29 PM
Here's what screws up the BCS and polls in general. I heard this reasoning from more than one talking head over the weeked:
I think 2-loss Team X is better than team Z (tougher schedule, more talent, would beat Team Z ), but I "have to" vote Team Z higher than Team X because they only have 1 loss (even though they play a weak schedule, etc.)
I thought the voting was supposed to be on who the voter thinks is the BEST TEAM. But it's more like a junior high popularity contest. Hence, Notre Dame in is the top 10 even though they don't deserve it.

PS - I hate BSU's blue field; hate it. I"ll never be for that team as long as they have that crappy blue field. Somebody please tell me they replaced it and I missed the news.

ClintonSooner
11/12/2006, 09:31 PM
Here's what screws up the BCS and polls in general. I heard this reasoning from more than one talking head over the weeked:
I think 2-loss Team X is better than team Z (tougher schedule, more talent, would beat Team Z ), but I "have to" vote Team Z higher than Team X because they only have 1 loss (even though they play a weak schedule, etc.)
I thought the voting was supposed to be on who the voter thinks is the BEST TEAM. But it's more like a junior high popularity contest. Hence, Notre Dame in is the top 10 even though they don't deserve it.

PS - I hate BSU's blue field; hate it. I"ll never be for that team as long as they have that crappy blue field. Somebody please tell me they replaced it and I missed the news.

It's right here waiting for you bud!:rolleyes:

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k119/callmecoco/bsufields.jpg

royalfan5
11/12/2006, 09:31 PM

PS - I hate BSU's blue field; hate it. I"ll never be for that team as long as they have that crappy blue field. Somebody please tell me they replaced it and I missed the news.They just got a new one. It will be a popularity contest until their is a playoff, there is really nothing you can do about that.

Rogue
11/12/2006, 09:51 PM
The smurf-turf sucks.
Have y'all heard about the ducks and geese that die every year diving into what they think is a beautiful mountain lake?

Urban legend spoiler alert...

It's pure crap. Never happens. But Sasquatch does try to take a swim in it sometimes.

ClintonSooner
11/12/2006, 09:55 PM
didnt it used to be orange??? I love that field o' blue :rolleyes: