PDA

View Full Version : Peterson status

Scotty
11/12/2006, 02:20 PM
So on the way up to the game yesterday, i was listning to the animal and they had Trent Smith speaking about the health of AD. Smith said that he had been doing some rehab at OU and heard some stuff he "probably wasn't supposed to hear" from inside the organization. He said, to put it in his own words, that he puts AD's chances of coming back NEXT week around 50%, and coming back for the OSU game near 100%.

Now, I imagine he will return for the game in stillwater, but do any of you see him possibly suiting up at least for the game next week?

sooner KB
11/12/2006, 02:23 PM
Why would you risk re-injury on Baylor, a team that OSU scored 66 on? That would be just stupid IMO.

Blues1
11/12/2006, 02:25 PM
Yep -- I see Him in Crimson....Next Week...!!! - Will He play --- Very Doubtful...

StoopTroup
11/12/2006, 02:28 PM
He might be suited up for Baylor just to scare the bejeezus out of the Brylcreme crew in stoolwater...:d

IronSooner
11/12/2006, 02:32 PM
If I were him I wouldn't even suit up for Baylor. Make it as unexpected as possible.

Pepper
11/12/2006, 02:32 PM
On the other hand if he were to play it could mean he re-enters the Heisman race in a big way.

Stitch Face
11/12/2006, 02:34 PM
Yep -- I see Him in Crimson....Next Week...!!! - Will He play --- Very Doubtful...

I love the guy, too, but this is gettin' sacreligious ;)

I'd be happy just have AP back two weeks from now...

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 02:35 PM
I'd love to see him play next week, but I doubt he will.

If he does though, I doubt the hardest hit Baylor could deliver would hurt my 3 month old, much less AD.

Scott D
11/12/2006, 02:37 PM
highly unlikely

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 02:41 PM
Hell, all he'd really have to do is stand there...

The mere fact he "might" get the ball would open up the passing game like crazy.

KingDavid
11/12/2006, 03:07 PM
Would love to have him play before an Oklahoma crowd one more time, even if it has to be in Stoolwater. I'll bet he suits out next week against Baylor but I don't think he'll play.

DrZaius
11/12/2006, 03:10 PM
I sure hope he does not play vs baylor. That could be the biggest mistake in football history if he does

tommieharris91
11/12/2006, 03:10 PM
Would love to have him play before an Oklahoma crowd one more time, even if it has to be in Stoolwater. I'll bet he suits out next week against Baylor but I don't think he'll play.

If he plays next week, it will be in front of an OU crowd.

All_Day_28
11/12/2006, 03:16 PM
I sure hope he does not play vs baylor. That could be the biggest mistake in football history if he does
no it wouldn't because the only way he plays is if he is 100%.. so if he's 100% then why would it be a mistake?

SoonerMajic
11/12/2006, 03:24 PM
I was listening to the post-game show on KRXO on the way back to Tulsa. During the call-in portion, some one asked Coach Gundy about the status of AD.

To my surprise, Gundy started talking about the fact that AD was coming back before the end of the year.

Merv tried to interrupt the discussion and down-play Gundy's comments by saying that by "the end of the year" everyone was speaking about the possibility that AD would be back for the bowl game.

Gundy did not seem to follow Merv's lead. Instead, he said that AD was so muscular and that he was physically just different from most people, and that the latest x-rays showed his collar bone was practically healed. Gundy made it sound like the prospect of AD coming back was more tied to his general over-all physical condition and football-shape rather than his collar bone specifically.

Toward the end of the discussion, Gundy seemed to have caught on to the fact that he may be saying too much, and then said something like he was not a doctor, that they would just have to let the doctors decide, and that nothing would be done that would jeopardize AD's health.

Gundy seemed almost giddy about this issue. From what I recall he did not tie AD's return to either the Baylor or Stillwater game, but did make it sound like the return would be before the bowl game.

soonertruth12
11/12/2006, 03:31 PM
Even if he is 100% healthy for Baylor, he wont play. But he will definately play against OSU if the doctors clear him.

All_Day_28
11/12/2006, 03:37 PM
Even if he is 100% healthy for Baylor, he wont play. But he will definately play against OSU if the doctors clear him.
why the hell wouldn't he play if he's 100%? that doesn't seem like a good coaching move to not play your best player even though he's 100%.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 03:38 PM
seems like silliness to me too.

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 03:50 PM
Stoops' 100% is about 30% for every other coach.

chbrew09
11/12/2006, 03:52 PM
why the hell wouldn't he play if he's 100%? that doesn't seem like a good coaching move to not play your best player even though he's 100%.

Why risk another small injury against a lowly Baylor when Allen Patrick has been dominating when he's been in. OK State could prove to be a very important game knowing that they get up for that game every year. To have a truly 100% percent AD in stillwater could mean saving a season for Sooners.

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 03:53 PM
We win both games no matter what.

David Earl
11/12/2006, 04:50 PM
You people, AD has already been back, playing nose tackle the last three games. The United Nations just doesn't want you to know it...

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 05:53 PM
He might be suited up for Baylor just to scare the bejeezus out of the Brylcreme crew in stoolwater...:d
ha ha ha

franklinjake
11/12/2006, 05:56 PM
Stoops' 100% is about 30% for every other coach.
Rub some dirt on it and get in there.......... ha ha

GottaHavePride
11/12/2006, 06:12 PM
You people, AD has already been back, playing nose tackle the last three games. The United Nations just doesn't want you to know it...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that violates the Geneva Convention.

westcoast_sooner
11/12/2006, 08:06 PM
I'm all for AD getting back in the lineup, but really DON'T want him in there before he's 100%. This team has turned into a really scrappy bunch that has learned how to overcome adversity.

If he's not 100% for Baylor, why risk getting him hurt. If Patrick is back, or if Chris Brown plays some too, we'll have more than enough at RB to get the job done. And our D is tough.

OTOH, I think just the prospect of having AD back before we go to stoolwater will make brylcreme mike and the hokie pokies absolutely crazy. HEHEHE

jk the sooner fan
11/12/2006, 08:08 PM
if he's healthy enough for baylor, i'd give him 5-8 carries just to get the "rust knocked off" before we get to stoolwater

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 08:10 PM
Give him some carries at Baylor to see if he can go and to rack up some yards....

Collier11
11/12/2006, 09:24 PM
Some of you guys amaze me. We have the rare oppurtunity to watch one of the GREATEST SOONERs of all-time and possibly one of the greatest running backs in cfb history and you all are saying he shouldnt play against baylor cus they suc?? I dont get it...if he is not healed then he shouldnt play, but he came to OU to play football, by you alls reasoning if he were healthy all year he should play til the last couple of games and then shut it down to not risk injury. If he is healthy and he has no risk of re-injury and he wants to play, then he should be in there. He is our best player and gives us the best chance to play...PERIOD!!

Rogue
11/12/2006, 09:27 PM
Some of you guys amaze me. We have the rare oppurtunity to watch one of the GREATEST SOONERs of all-time and possibly one of the greatest running backs in cfb history and you all are saying he shouldnt play against baylor cus they suc?? I dont get it...if he is not healed then he shouldnt play, but he came to OU to play football, by you alls reasoning if he were healthy all year he should play til the last couple of games and then shut it down to not risk injury. If he is healthy and he has no risk of re-injury and he wants to play, then he should be in there. He is our best player and gives us the best chance to play...PERIOD!!

Why so wishy-washy Collier? I mean get off the fence once in awhile and take a position! ;)

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 09:47 PM
Stoops: Come on, Adrian Ray, get up!
Trainer: It doesn't look good, coach.
Stoops: Can he play?
Trainer: He's in a coma.
Stoops: Answer my question! Can he play?
Trainer: He can't breathe. Get him to a hospital.
Stoops: Listen right now! I don't care what you have to do! He stays in the game, GD it!

bixby28
11/12/2006, 10:40 PM
IF Peterson is 100% by this Saturday, then he should play. If his collar bone break is not healed completely then keep him benched.

Baylor isn't a game to risk losing a player that will make a lot of difference in the bowl season.

OUTrumpet
11/12/2006, 10:57 PM
Rub some dirt on it and get in there.......... ha ha

Does Stoops even give the luxary of dirt to rub on it?

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 01:09 AM
Regardless of who we're playing, AD should only play if cleared by the doctors.

SOONER44EVER
11/13/2006, 01:14 AM
Remember what the media guys were saying right after he got injured? Nearly every one of them said AD would never suit up in a Sooner uniform again. Now they're not even asking if he will suit up but when. What a bunch of idiots.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 02:44 AM
No shocker there!

strangedude
11/13/2006, 09:31 AM
If he can play... He'll play... AD is a player.

boomersooner28
11/13/2006, 11:12 AM
Stoopsie said during his coaches show that Baylor is doubtful, but Stoolwater is a possibility.