PDA

View Full Version : Just for your information...

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 10:31 AM
...at halftime last night I walked around just to exercise a little before the second half started like thousands of others underneath the stands...I noticed a table with silent auction items for bid, AD jerseys and pics, the boz, Roy Williams superman with jersey, Selmon brothers, Stoops, Switzer, Parcels, you get the picture, a lot and all types of items. While looking I checked the bids on most items and the bids very very high on most, however, I noticed two autographed pictures of Nate Hybl and to my total shock and surprise not one person had even bid on either of Nate's pieces of memoribilia...Like I said just a little information some of you may not have seen....

oumartin
11/12/2006, 10:34 AM
Well I would have bid on them. I am a huge Hybl fan. Rose Bowl MVP and he still gets shunned around here

birddog
11/12/2006, 10:39 AM
amen marty. hybl's a cool cat. he did a great job for our program. he didn't fall out of a truck or get paid by jackarses trying to ruin kids' careers. he just lead us to a rose bowl win and was a good leader on the team.

sooner518
11/12/2006, 10:42 AM
thats kinda sad. We won a Big 12 title and Rose Bowl with him at the helm.

King Crimson
11/12/2006, 10:44 AM
I like Nate. he's pretty articulate if you hear him on the radio....

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 11:39 AM
And the "Soonerus hates Nate Hybl for some inexplicable reason" campaign continues.

LET.
IT.
GO.

SERIOUSLY.

oumartin
11/12/2006, 11:44 AM
Nate won the exact same number of National Titles as Jason White did

birddog
11/12/2006, 11:48 AM
And the "Soonerus hates Nate Hybl for some inexplicable reason" continues.

i don't know exactly why anyone would have a grudge against him? the guy hasn't played for 3 years now.

exactly what is your beef with a former sooner qb who did nothing but sacrifice his body for the sake of the team and fans, soonerus?

Sooner Steve
11/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Would anyone really want some Nate picture over AD or Roy Williams?

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 01:38 PM
Would anyone really want some Nate picture over AD or Roy Williams?
That wasn't the point of this thread. The point was Soonerus, yet again, having the opportunity to point out how much he hates Nate Hybl.

Since he has yet to explain the hatred, I have to assume Nate slept with his girlfriend or mom. There aren't too many rational reasons for it.

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 07:33 PM
And the "Soonerus hates Nate Hybl for some inexplicable reason" campaign continues.

LET.
IT.
GO.

SERIOUSLY.

I don't hate N8, I was just sharing an observation from the game last night...such a great Sooner legend like Hybl and not even 10 cents bid for his stuff....

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 07:37 PM
I think it's because he has a funny name. :P

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 07:41 PM
I found a tortilla with an unmistakable likeness of Tony Casillas on it.

It's got to be worth PLENTY.

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 08:20 PM
I found a tortilla with an unmistakable likeness of Tony Casillas on it.

It's got to be worth PLENTY.

You obviously missed the silent auction it had a lot of cool stuff and some not so cool...It was out in the open underneath the stadium, press box side....

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 09:25 PM
I don't hate N8
Anyone who's been around longer than a year knows differently. If you want, I can dredge up links to the threads where you continually bash him for no apparently reason.

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 09:27 PM
Anyone who's been around longer than a year knows differently. If you want, I can dredge up links to the threads where you continually bash him for no apparently reason.

If you have nothing better to do, go for it....

StoopTroup
11/12/2006, 09:51 PM
I'd like to have a few Hybl Items...

That guy won my respect when KSU pounded him in Norman and he was nearly unconscience when he went back to the huddle and got it together for the next play.

I believe it was Rocky Calmus that confirmed Nate's committment to competition that day...

He was at the helm for OU's only Rose Bowl win.

I guarantee the Stoops Brothers are glad he was their QB....

Out of all the trophies Bob has won...I bet that Rose Bowl Trophy is right up there with the 2000 MNC Crystal Ball.

Thanks Nate!

ST

Dio
11/13/2006, 08:39 AM
...and so the Soonerus reverse-man-crush on Nate continues.

Soonerus
11/13/2006, 08:44 AM
GEEEZ, I point out a simple fact from the silent auction of Sooner items and many of you jump to false conclusions...I thought it was newsworthy, interesting and revealing...

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 08:52 AM
I'd like to have a few Hybl Items...

That guy won my respect when KSU pounded him in Norman and he was nearly unconscience when he went back to the huddle and got it together for the next play.

I believe it was Rocky Calmus that confirmed Nate's committment to competition that day...

He was at the helm for OU's only Rose Bowl win.

I guarantee the Stoops Brothers are glad he was their QB....

Out of all the trophies Bob has won...I bet that Rose Bowl Trophy is right up there with the 2000 MNC Crystal Ball.

Thanks Nate!

ST

100% agree.

That was one of the more incredible hits I've seen, and he knows it's coming, yet stands in the pocket and throws a 74 yard TD while getting hammered.

jk the sooner fan
11/13/2006, 09:08 AM
GEEEZ, I point out a simple fact from the silent auction of Sooner items and many of you jump to false conclusions...I thought it was newsworthy, interesting and revealing...

it was typical you is what it was

all class you are

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 09:57 AM
What's sad is he doesn't have the balls to come out and make his point.

He tries to be subtle, and thinks he's smart.

He is neither.

Man, you can count on one hand the number of people I've ever attacked on this or probably any message board. Not sure why I allowed him to get under my skin.

But I'll go hug my daughters and all thoughts of him will be gone.

Widescreen
11/13/2006, 09:58 AM
GEEEZ, I point out a simple fact from the silent auction of Sooner items demonstrating my intense hatred of Hybl...And all of you realize I'm extremely transparent.
Fixed.