PDA

View Full Version : PT had a great game but...

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 10:20 AM
...midway through the second quarter he was having trouble hitting any pass, he was horribly off on about 5 throws, it was great to see he had the maturity and resiliency to come back and throw strikes the rest of the game. His pass to Kelley 10 seconds before half was one of the prettiest TD pases I have ever seen...

booomer
11/12/2006, 10:33 AM
True....and some of those receptions were due to athletic receivers. But, Paul has been a gamer and I think we're lucky to have him. I couldn't be more proud of him.

An inexperienced QB (overall) and a 4th string rb and we come back from a 24 to 10 deficit!

That's outstanding!

OUHOMER
11/12/2006, 10:41 AM
Kelly CAN get verical.

INGRAM1
11/12/2006, 10:41 AM
True....and some of those receptions were due to athletic receivers. But, Paul has been a gamer and I think we're lucky to have him. I couldn't be more proud of him.

An inexperienced QB (overall) and a 4th string rb and we come back from a 24 to 10 deficit!

That's outstanding!
I FEEL THE SAME WAY TOO. PEOPLE IN MY FAMILY WHO ARE MICHIGAN FANS SAY HE SUCKS, BUT I DON'T FEEL THAT WAY.:texan:

stoopified
11/12/2006, 11:14 AM
True Paul gets help from his recievers at times but equally true is that they hurt him at times.Case in point Kelly drops knee-high pass that he got both hands on. WRs can help fatten up a qbs stats but they can also hurt him with drops and deflections that get picked.PT throws high to Kelly because he knows Malcolm can go get it.I've thought for that same reason we should use Joe John,Greasham,Chaney,Strong more because they are tall and athletic.

TopDawg
11/12/2006, 11:20 AM
PT throws high to Kelly because he knows Malcolm can go get it.

I love the guy, but PT throws high to just about everybody. And there are some that even Malcolm can't get.

Widescreen
11/12/2006, 11:32 AM
I love the guy, but PT throws high to just about everybody. And there are some that even Malcolm can't get.
Agreed. I don't think he goes "There's MK, I'm going to throw really high so he can expose his midsection to getting crushed by a safety."

westcoast_sooner
11/12/2006, 11:40 AM
I couldn't be prouder of Paul if I tried, but he does still have a tendency to throw high, and sometimes he exposes his receivers. Not that he does it on purpose, he's just not as accurate as other QBs we've had. What a great game he had last night.