PDA

View Full Version : Gender Ambiguous Best Buy Employee

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 12:53 AM
So,
I went home to go to the OSh*tU game with my dad (who is a poke), but we both decided to screw it and pretend like we did and just not.

He decides he needs a new computer since the last one he bought was a Packard Bell that screamed at 133mhz. He finds a laptop he likes at Best Buy on 71st, but to his chagrin they had the computer on display but not in stock. So, they spend 45 minutes (yes 45 minutes) trying to reach the other Tulsa Best Buy store to find out if they have it or not...they do.

So, we head over to the Best Buy on Skelly and are "greeted" by an employee whose gender remains in question. We tell it what he wants and it returns a few minutes later and says, "there's some guys in the back who have to pull it out of stock." It then asks if my dad is planning on getting on the internet with this thing and he says, "yes." It then begins to bombard him with questions about what anti-virus software he intends to run in a rather obvious attempt to sell him said software. Finally, I step in and say "you know what don't worry about it. I have anti-virus software and I'll set him up with it."

So then it says, "yeah well you don't have it running on another computer do you?" to which I reply, "that's none of your business."

So, I wonder off to browse elsewhere while he pays for the laptop. I come back while he's still conducting the transaction and hear it asking..yet again..about his anti-virus software. Finally, he gets tired and says, "look, I'm really not in a mood to deal with you today."

About this time a guy walks up with a receipt in his hand and a cell phone. It then asks him, "What's the problem with your phone?" The guy says, "this is just my phone I have no problem, but I have this receipt that I need help with and they told me to come back here." It then says, "well you need to take that phone and your recepit..." he cuts it off, "this is just my phone there is no problem. It continues, "if you bought that from us then..." Finally, this guy gets ****ed off and yells, "it's my own damned phone! I didn't buy it here and it has nothing to do with the receipt!"

Anyway, I need a Zima.

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 12:54 AM
Oh, let me also add that after I told "it" that it was none of "its" business I noticed "it" went right over and got the laptop he asked for. In other words, there were no "guys in the back" that needed to pull the stock...it was just stalling for time while it tried to sell us anti-virus software.

GrapevineSooner
11/12/2006, 01:09 AM
What an ***.

Whatever it was.

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2006, 01:10 AM
But the important thing, SicEm, is whether he HAS ANTIVIRUS!

The best part? That laptop came with antivirus ALREADY LOADED ON IT. I guarandamntee it.

tbl
11/12/2006, 01:11 AM
It then says, "well you need to take that phone and your recepit..." he cuts [b]her[/i] off, "this is just my phone there is no problem.
Dude!!! You were going so good, and then you botched it at the end!

Anyway, I need a Zima.
However, a masterful recovery.... Apparently IMSSRA.

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 01:15 AM
That was JPshytbox.

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 01:20 AM
I think it was closer to a he than a she, but yeah I figured I'd screw up a pronoun somewhere in there.

BeetDigger
11/12/2006, 01:21 AM
So did you catch the name: Pat, Chris, Jo(e)...?

$10 says it drinks Zima too.

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 01:23 AM
So did you catch the name: Pat, Chris, Jo(e)...?

$10 says it drinks Zima too.

You know, looking at it's name tag would have been the obvious thing to do but I'm not sure it had one. Perhaps to keep the mystery alive.

Isn't the name of the sales associate printed on the receipt? I'll remind him to check tomorrow for a name.

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 01:25 AM
But the important thing, SicEm, is whether he HAS ANTIVIRUS!

The best part? That laptop came with antivirus ALREADY LOADED ON IT. I guarandamntee it.

Correct, which was Norton and the very first piece of pre-installed junk I un-installed.

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 01:25 AM
Antivirus is very important when you load up on shemale vids

SicEmBaylor
11/12/2006, 01:27 AM
Antivirus is very important when you load up on sheep vids

Fixed.
He's an OSU grad...keep up.

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 01:28 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82581

SicEmBaylor