PDA

View Full Version : Where's Herr Sholtz and the other Longwhores

crimson&cream
11/12/2006, 12:22 AM
I know busy crying.LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :P :) :D :pop: :D :pop: :) :pop: :P :pop: :D :pop:

StoopTroup
11/12/2006, 12:39 AM
Stuckieslyzer seemed to disappear quickly too....

Big Red Ron
11/12/2006, 12:41 AM
heh... poor horns

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2006, 01:38 AM
TeeHee!

utex74
11/12/2006, 01:38 AM
I know busy crying.LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :P :) :D :pop: :D :pop: :) :pop: :P :pop: :D :pop:

I'm here. No crying. Had our *** handed to us. But I think you are familiar with losing a quarterback, having a defense under perform and handing the other team a pot full of turnovers. Still, there is no excuse for giving up 45 points to KSU.

As I told my girlfriend, it is times like this that make you really appreciate the good runs like last year. And this year is far from over. Colt will be back for A&M and hopefully we'll find where our defense went. At least we don't have to lose to tOSU again, which was likely.

Indy Sooner
11/12/2006, 01:45 AM
And this year is far from over.

As reality is a MNC every 35 years or so for your kind, what you say is true. There are still some underachieving goals to attain this season for those at Camp Mack.

SCOUT
11/12/2006, 01:51 AM
I'm here. No crying. Had our *** handed to us. But I think you are familiar with losing a quarterback, having a defense under perform and handing the other team a pot full of turnovers. Still, there is no excuse for giving up 45 points to KSU.

As I told my girlfriend, it is times like this that make you really appreciate the good runs like last year. And this year is far from over. Colt will be back for A&M and hopefully we'll find where our defense went. At least we don't have to lose to tOSU again, which was likely.

Try losing a Heisman candidate too.

AzianSooner
11/12/2006, 01:57 AM
Utexrus won NC with the help of their ref whores. They should be lost to Kansas and US..condomrus.

olevetonahill
11/12/2006, 02:02 AM

As I told my boyfriend, it is times like this that make you really appreciate the good runs like last year. And this year is far from over. Colt will be back for A&M and hopefully we'll find where our defense went. At least we don't have to lose to tOSU again, which was likely.
:eek:

utex74
11/12/2006, 02:04 AM
As reality is a MNC every 35 years or so for your kind, what you say is true. There are still some underachieving goals to attain this season for those at Camp Mack.

Trying to be polite since this is your board, but one of us is likely to "underachieve" ourselves right into the Fiesta Bowl. Based on pre-season expectations, I'll take that. (even if it IS Boise State)

utex74
11/12/2006, 02:08 AM
Try losing a Heisman candidate too.

We did. I think AD was polling fourth or lower when he was hurt. OK, I know Colt has no shot, but is is polling fourth. Or was.

SCOUT
11/12/2006, 02:11 AM
We did. I think AD was polling fourth or lower when he was hurt. OK, I know Colt has no shot, but is is polling fourth. Or was.

I meant in addition. We lost our starting QB AND a Heisman candidate. I don't think your double counting equates to the same thing.

Frozen Sooner
11/12/2006, 02:12 AM

AD was polling second at the time of injury, as I recall.

Indy Sooner
11/12/2006, 02:14 AM
Trying to be polite since this is your board, but one of us is likely to "underachieve" ourselves right into the Fiesta Bowl. Based on pre-season expectations, I'll take that. (even if it IS Boise State)

Pre-season expectations were that you would be playing for the MNC (ranked #2). Underachiever.

utex74
11/12/2006, 02:21 AM
Pre-season expectations were that you would be playing for the MNC (ranked #2). Underachiever.

Pre-season rankings aside, (I believe OU was in the top 10) most predictions for Texas were for a 10-2, 9-3 season with a Big 12 title. We won't under achieve unless we do not get that championship.

and yes. I know you were robbed and really should be in the top 10.

Herr Scholz
11/12/2006, 03:24 AM
I know busy crying. LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,LOL,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :P :) :D :pop: :D :pop: :) :pop: :P :pop: :D :pop:
I'm here. Very upset. However, my Horns are still in the drivers seat for winning the Big XII South. We beat aggy, you beat the Cowboys, Sooners are still on the outside looking in.

We have one loss, you have one loss. We beat you. Of course, we're not winning the national title this year, but we're still going BCS.

The LOL bit just shows your bitterness and jealousy.

Flagstaffsooner
11/12/2006, 03:42 AM
I'm here. Very upset. However, my Horns are still in the drivers seat for winning the Big XII South. We beat aggy, you beat the Cowboys, Sooners are still on the outside looking in.

We have one loss, you have one loss. We beat you. Of course, we're not winning the national title this year, but we're still going BCS.

The LOL bit just shows your bitterness and jealousy.aggie is gonna git ya, my friend.;)

Herr Scholz
11/12/2006, 04:24 AM
aggie is gonna git us, my friend.;)
Fixed that for ya. :D

Big Red Ron
11/12/2006, 04:37 AM
Remember those neato co Big XII South Championship rings UT made up a few years back?

heh, I wonder if Bob would stoop to that level? NOT!

Herr Scholz
11/12/2006, 04:39 AM
Remember those neato co Big XII South Championship rings UT made up a few years back?

heh, I wonder if Bob would stoop to that level? NOT!
Feel free, wear what you want. The Horns will be playing in KC.

Big Red Ron
11/12/2006, 04:42 AM
Feel free, wear what you want. The Horns will be playing in KC.Not if Sneed and co can't get it done next week.

BASSooner
11/12/2006, 04:44 AM
I will say I am glad that texas lost just because, you know we're all sooners. However, I won't be one of those who comes up to say "aTm wins this one without a question". TU is a team not to be underestimated...with McCoy or not. Franny boy better prepare his team to play these guys in austin. For the horn fans, I have to say that it is a shame to lose to such an underrated team. We have all been there. Also, may the best team compete for the big 12 title.

SouthFortySooner
11/12/2006, 09:21 AM
I appreciate Colt and his steadfast play. But he's not even in the same universe with AD.

crawfish
11/12/2006, 09:37 AM
Saxet still beat us. I'll take the South if they decide to lose to A&M, though.

mikeb
11/12/2006, 09:53 AM
So Vince Young really did win that National title by himself last year?

crimson&cream
11/12/2006, 10:00 AM

The LOL bit just shows your bitterness and jealousy.
No! you just don't understand -jealousy? LOL X a million.
It's really JOY becuase you seem to get the benefit of many ref calls like Kansas game last yr and other's, like T-Tech this yr etc , and if Cowalaherd had punted you probably lose the Nebr game which you should've anyway.
Jealous---------there's nothing a SOONER fan could be jealous of when it comes to TexASS, our tradition is far better than yours in most eveybodies opinion outside of TexASS.
What class after the game Mack couldn't bring himself to give KSU any kudos. I think Stoops would've said smething to the effect
-We hurt ourselves with turnovers , but give KSU credit they made they plays they needed to make congratlations to them. Another diff in how each program handles being classy.
OH BTW isn't there an article out about the blown call in NC game -that V. Youngs knee was down before the TD pitch to Selvin. If thats called correct who's knows how that changes things, but just another one TexASS gets away with.
Jealousy------NO! just happiness and joy in Soonerland. LOL,LMAO,LOL,LMAOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Where was KSU ranked?????????????LOL

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 10:07 AM

I would not go to the bank with that just yet, A&M will give you all you want...It would not surprise me one bit, after playing both teams if A&M won, they really played OU a tougher game than Texas but we gave you 5 turnovers...even game A&M wins.....

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 10:11 AM
Saxet still beat us. I'll take the South if they decide to lose to A&M, though.

How soon they forget, we gift-wrapped the game and handed it to Texas...UT slightly above average team, vastly over ranked...as usual...

Funky G
11/12/2006, 10:57 AM

Dude you are delusional if you think McKoy is the caliber player Peterson is. TX should have lost to Neb (lucky fumble) and Tech (bad spot on 3rd down). Horns are equivalent to a 4 loss team. Watch out for the Aggies because Fran's back is against the wall (even though that would not scare me..).

mojohornfan
11/12/2006, 11:43 AM
You guys are talking up the aggies? How pitiful is that? Aggies suck with no passing game and UT is #2 in run defense...Period. Plus, the game is in Austin. Texas will come out with something to prove and put a big hurt on aggot.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
11/12/2006, 11:50 AM
The LOL bit just shows your bitterness and jealousy. OK, wanna trade coaches...NOT, mofo!!!

XingTheRubicon
11/12/2006, 12:01 PM
You guys are talking up the aggies? How pitiful is that? Aggies suck with no passing game and UT is #2 in run defense...Period. Plus, the game is in Austin. Texas will come out with something to prove and put a big hurt on aggot.

You're #2 in run defense because your pass defense sucks like Vanessa Del Rio.

mojohornfan
11/12/2006, 12:06 PM
You're #2 in run defense because your pass defense sucks like Vanessa Del Rio.

We will beat the aggies...period. You know it, I know it.

AzianSooner
11/12/2006, 12:23 PM
I will perform Kim Ding Dong voodoo and yell Texasss Fight as soon as .. tonight.

Texassss who...re cheat the NC year in .. year out.

FlatheadSooner
11/12/2006, 12:24 PM

Both teams will have something to prove. Don't forget, Fran has just had the burner turned up a few notches. Aggie has been in position to win their last two games - just sayin................ :rolleyes:

Jello Biafra
11/12/2006, 12:26 PM

pffft. we actually thought you would beat ksu also........

welcome to the glimpse of your team's future.

colt mccoy with young oline= everyone having prison sex with mccoy on national television.

mojohornfan
11/12/2006, 12:30 PM
Both teams will have something to prove. Don't forget, Fran has just had the burner turned up a few notches. Aggie has been in position to win their last two games - just sayin................ :rolleyes:

There's a reason he's feeling the heat. Being in position at home and being in position on the road is two different things.

My point is, he should win some of these games against the higher ranked opponents, and he hasn't been able to. I knew last night that OU's hopes would be up for this game, but OU better be prepared for their own aggies and not Texas'.

mojohornfan
11/12/2006, 12:33 PM
I will perform Kim Ding Dong voodoo and yell Texasss Fight as soon as .. tonight.

Texassss who...re cheat the NC year in .. year out.

This season has made you guys delirious! Evidence^^^^^!

badger
11/12/2006, 12:59 PM
So Vince Young really did win that National title by himself last year?
well, they didn't coach him, so it wasn't Mack's title.
he didn't need to pass it, so you can't thank the receivers.
he ran it, and didn't always get the blocks necessary, so it wasn't the o-line's game, either.
oh, and the condoms scored nearly half a hundred on em, so don't thank the defense.

vince young single-handedly wins title. and then, single-handedly loses the wonderlic, proving texas is still suck.

life is good once again.

TXBOOMER
11/12/2006, 01:47 PM
F texass! Go aggots!

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 01:56 PM
My point is, he should win some of these games against the higher ranked opponents, and he hasn't been able to.

It's gonna be funny when that changes against you guys...beat by the world's 2nd worst coach...priceless!

crimson&cream
11/13/2006, 01:08 AM
I'll bet you felt the same way before the KSU game.LMAO!:pop:

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2006, 10:16 AM
Wow.. the moral victory, living vicariously through another team is running rampant on this site. Scoreboard.

No one was really comparing Colt to Peterson. Colt is a redshirt freshman still finding his way around the game. Peterson is a legitimate Heisman candidate, a true phenom but, has injury issues.

The game against K-State was lost, not because Colt got hurt (a stringer and concussion) and not because the offense did not perform... it was lost due to horrendous special teams play (a blocked punt, poor kick off coverage and TWO interfering with the receiver on punts penalties), running backs who hold on to the football like it's made of plutonium, and a defensive backfied that is horribly porous and has been, all year. Duane Akina has some big questions to answer and quite frankly, should be gone after this year. No excuses.. we walked into a jihad game for them and got beat.

Naturally, we expect you to be hoping for our little retarded, Uncle Jake, sheep humping little cousins in Colley Station to beat Texas.. that opens the BCS door to your team.

But... have a little class. Bringing up the Kansas game (oh.. for those who don't know .. that was TWO years ago when we went to the Rose Bowl to play Michigan.. and slow motion replays showed it was the right call, and had nothing to do with last year when we had a 42 POINT lead on Kansas at half time).. and saying, "oh in the Rose Bowl, Vince's knee was down at the 10 so we would have lost" (yeah, right USC's defense wasn't stopping us that night) (oh, and if we are going to change all questionable calls, let's change the call which took away an interception we made right before halftime on a drive that USC scored on).

aggy is playing in Austin, they are a run first, second and last team (K-State had 23 yards on the ground) and Franocchio has not shown himself to be a big game coach. I like our chances.

Resume the irrational Texas hatred and polish up those "I Hate Texas" diplomas boys.

MiccoMacey
11/13/2006, 10:23 AM
I'll be rooting for A&M on T+1.

But I'll admit those chances are slim.

Unlike Lid's date. ;)

crimson&cream
11/13/2006, 10:42 AM
Wow.. the moral victory, living vicariously through another team is running rampant on this site. Scoreboard.

No one was really comparing Colt to Peterson. Colt is a redshirt freshman still finding his way around the game. Peterson is a legitimate Heisman candidate, a true phenom but, has injury issues.

The game against K-State was lost, not because Colt got hurt (a stringer and concussion) and not because the offense did not perform... it was lost due to horrendous special teams play (a blocked punt, poor kick off coverage and TWO interfering with the receiver on punts penalties), running backs who hold on to the football like it's made of plutonium, and a defensive backfied that is horribly porous and has been, all year. Duane Akina has some big questions to answer and quite frankly, should be gone after this year. No excuses.. we walked into a jihad game for them and got beat.

Naturally, we expect you to be hoping for our little retarded, Uncle Jake, sheep humping little cousins in Colley Station to beat Texas.. that opens the BCS door to your team.

But... have a little class. Bringing up the Kansas game (oh.. for those who don't know .. that was TWO years ago when we went to the Rose Bowl to play Michigan.. and slow motion replays showed it was the right call, and had nothing to do with last year when we had a 42 POINT lead on Kansas at half time).. and saying, "oh in the Rose Bowl, Vince's knee was down at the 10 so we would have lost" (yeah, right USC's defense wasn't stopping us that night) (oh, and if we are going to change all questionable calls, let's change the call which took away an interception we made right before halftime on a drive that USC scored on).

aggy is playing in Austin, they are a run first, second and last team (K-State had 23 yards on the ground) and Franocchio has not shown himself to be a big game coach. I like our chances.

Resume the irrational Texas hatred and polish up those "I Hate Texas" diplomas boys.
Oh Bull$hit don't tell me you all didn't do the same thing w/ our Oregon game, LSU & USuckC-well of course you die hard Longwhore fans never are giddy when we lose. Hypocrites as well you are- per Yodda

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2006, 10:53 AM
Oh Bull$hit don't tell me you all didn't do the same thing w/ our Oregon game, LSU & USuckC-well of course you die hard Longwhore fans never are giddy when we lose. Hypocrites as well you are- per Yodda

You are more than welcome to try to find any post in which I expressed orgasmic glee at your misfortune when OU has lost.. or.. had a game unfairly taken away, i.e., Oregon. It will be a long look.. because you won't find one.

I reserve my schadenfreude for historically miserable programs who haven't been there before.. like.. aggy.

footballfanatic
11/13/2006, 11:03 AM
I will say I am glad that texas lost just because, you know we're all sooners. However, I won't be one of those who comes up to say "aTm wins this one without a question". TU is a team not to be underestimated...with McCoy or not. Franny boy better prepare his team to play these guys in austin. For the horn fans, I have to say that it is a shame to lose to such an underrated team. We have all been there. Also, may the best team compete for the big 12 title.

Thanks for the words. We got beat by a team that had no business beating us, plain and simple. Our defenders were out of position so many times this year, and it fianlly caught up with us. I knew this would be a down year, so I am very happy with our season and Colt. Still, losing sucks. I hate it.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 11:14 AM
KSU's QB and our failure to drop out of our base defense for the entire game both deserve a great deal of credit for this one. I do recall you guys losing out on all the hardware the year after being stunned by KSU. Hopefully, we won't see a repeat. I'm not predicting anything at this point. Just hoping Gene C wakes up by the day after Thanksgiving and starts calling some defense. Last thing I want to see is Ags celebrating on our home turf. It's been so long, I seriously can't remember the vileness of such an act.

Unlike others, I can see why you guys enjoyed that loss. Sorry, but I probably would be somewhat pleased if Tech or some other lowly program took you guys down when you were at the top of your game.

No, this is not a good way to predict our future. Snead walked into 3 or more sacks and displayed very poor footwork. Overall, even our best players just played horribly. Colt will be back and the difference in the two QBs at this point is very substantial. It pretty much took a perfect storm for us to lose that game and that's what we got. Right now, we are a mediocre to poor road team.

Crimson and Orange
11/13/2006, 11:27 AM

I root for you to go 10-1 every year, and did so long before I married a Sooner. You've got a "program," unlike aggy. OU is one of those all-time great programs that should always be part of the picture, like Alabama, Michigan, tOSU, etc. I want OU to be good every year so the RRS matters, and so if/when we beat you, it means something.

Aggy is different. They can go 0-11 every year and I won't shed a tear. :rcmad:

Sorry to disappoint you, but not all of us hate OU. We want to kick your a** every year in Dallas, but only because you're a worthy rival.

1991SOONER
11/13/2006, 11:34 AM
^^^I like this whorn, he can stay. And lets not get our hopes up with ags beating UT. I'd say its only about a 20% chance at best. Ags need a good passing game to beat UT which they don't have. Bottom line. And you can't hardly argue with the whorn's success in Austin.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 12:17 PM
well, they didn't coach him, so it wasn't Mack's title.
he didn't need to pass it, so you can't thank the receivers.

VY threw for 3,000 yards last year and ran for 1,000. Please reconcile these stats with your delusion for me, please. :)

SouthFortySooner
11/13/2006, 01:05 PM

AD was 4th, Colt was 4th equals trying to compare them. However it is not the jist of the thread any longer.

Funky G
11/13/2006, 01:59 PM
Mack lost his starting QB and lost. Stoops lost his starting QB and lost - one. Let the comparisons begin.

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 02:17 PM

The sound of glass shattering everyone heard Saturday was the window being absolutely blasted shut on UT's national title hopes for the next several years.

(Yeah, I know I posted it on another thread but I thought it was worth repeating on this thread.)

BTW, since UT is no longer in the National title hunt I suspect the CCG(if UT makes it in) will be like a home game for the red hord from up north since all of the bazillions of UT's bandwagon fans have bailed. Since my wife is from Nebraska I think it's legit that I get to root for the Bugeaters to kick UT's @$$ in what I hope is typical 20 degree KC weather in December.

Luthor
11/13/2006, 02:21 PM

You won't hear me crying there Einstein, OR making excuses, OR blaming the refs. We got our collective a$$es whipped; plain and simple. Being "good" isn't good enough if you don't play well.

Obviously I can't rationalize how an unranked team with 4 losses can play better than the #4 team with 1 loss but it dang sure happened Saturday night.

caphorns
11/13/2006, 02:25 PM
Fanin - so why don't you expound on this theory. You think one upset destroys your national title hopes "for the next several years"? Uh. See tOSU. See Michigan. See USC. Good lord.

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 02:27 PM
You won't hear me crying there Einstein, OR making excuses, OR blaming the refs. We got our collective a$$es whipped; plain and simple. Being "good" isn't good enough if you don't play well.

Obviously I can't rationalize how an unranked team with 4 losses can play better than the #4 team with 1 loss but it dang sure happened Saturday night.

Why would you cry about the refs? I suspect that's one thing UT fans will never have to complain about unless it's to complain they didn't get enough favorable calls.

The only bad call I saw in the game was when the KSU QB got hammered very late by the UT defender and the announcers were saying the ref was "talking" to the UT player. He probably told him, "You do that 2 or 3 more times and, as much as I hate to do it, I'll have to throw a flag or something."

badger
11/13/2006, 02:30 PM
VY threw for 3,000 yards last year and ran for 1,000. Please reconcile these stats with your delusion for me, please. :)
I am talking about the ONE game that counted for the nat'l championship, and that is the NAT'L CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Vince runs for td...

Vince runs for another td...

Vince scrambles all over the place because his offensive line isn't holding usc back, his receivers aren't open, and nobody is helping Wonderlic out.

so yeah, he MIGHT have thrown a few balls around, but he scrambled and such ON HIS OWN, without the help of the coaches, the receivers, the defense (HOW many points did they give up, again?) and we all know that the only reason usc lost was because vince young was a whorn and not a condom.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:33 PM
The sound of glass shattering everyone heard Saturday was the window being absolutely blasted shut on UT's national title hopes for the next several years.
That's simply wishful thinking right there. We're talented and deep across the board and you know it.

badger
11/13/2006, 02:37 PM
That's simply wishful thinking right there. We're talented and deep across the board and you know it.
so are many other teams, but the fact of the matter is that the only way texas wins the conference or the nat'l title is if mack gives up coaching the star player and lets him just scramble :D

i have no doubt that miami is talented... but they have no direction except KILL OTHER GUY.

usc is talented, but... well... y'know.

the entire sec is talented and recruit in the best pool in the country, but... what is arkansas doing in the top 5?!?!

so, the story goes on. Injuries, coaching, off-field problems, etc. will hold texas and other top programs back from ever winning it all again... for at least another five years. feel free to quote me if you think it'll help :D

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:38 PM
I am talking about the ONE game that counted for the nat'l championship, and that is the NAT'L CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Vince scrambles all over the place because his offensive line isn't holding usc back, his receivers aren't open, and nobody is helping Wonderlic out.

so yeah, he MIGHT have thrown a few balls around, but he scrambled and such ON HIS OWN, without the help of the coaches, the receivers, the defense (HOW many points did they give up, again?) and we all know that the only reason usc lost was because vince young was a whorn and not a condom.
In that game, he threw for 267 yards (30/40 attempts) and ran for 200. He completed passes to 7 different receivers. His O line and WRs didn't help him complete 30 passes for 267 yards? That doesn't take coaching? LOL.

Do you just make stuff up or what? :D

badger
11/13/2006, 02:41 PM
since WHEN are qb's supposed to run for 200 yards?! THAT is what I mean by scrambling! AD is supposed to have 200 yards in a game, NOT vince young.

and you're still not disputing that he won it for you.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:41 PM
so are many other teams, but the fact of the matter is that the only way texas wins the conference or the nat'l title is if mack gives up coaching the star player and lets him just scramble :D

3,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing is "just scrambling"? Ridiculously biased.

You don't think they've done a bang up job coaching up Freshman McCoy this year? 27 TDs vs. 4 INTs and on some Heisman lists. Of course, that has nothing to do with Texas coaching, right? :D

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:44 PM
since WHEN are qb's supposed to run for 200 yards?! THAT is what I mean by scrambling! AD is supposed to have 200 yards in a game, NOT vince young.

and you're still not disputing that he won it for you.
We had designed run plays for him. That's not "scrambling". And I see you didn't address the fact that he had more passing in that game than rushing, nor did you address the fact that he had 3X as many passing yards on the season as rushing yards. 3,000 yards passing takes coaching and talented teammates at WR and OL.

He was our best player. When have I denied that? The notion, however, that he wasn't coached or that our offense was simply him "scrambling around" is patently absurd and not based in reality.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:45 PM
since WHEN are qb's supposed to run for 200 yards?! THAT is what I mean by scrambling!
Jamielle Holloway just scrambled during his career according to your description there BTW. :D

badger
11/13/2006, 02:45 PM
3,000 yards passing and 1,000 yards rushing is "just scrambling"? Ridiculously biased.

You don't think they've done a bang up job coaching up Freshman McCoy this year? 27 TDs vs. 4 INTs and on some Heisman lists. Of course, that has nothing to do with Texas coaching, right? :D
what i saw on saturday was an unprepared backup qb that was probably thinking "transfer out of texas soon" and not "ready to go if colt goes down."

now, we could have been watching different games, but didn't the offense look rather sloppy with a new guy under center? an UNPREPARED kind of sloppy?

ps: and don't try to say that any other team would be in the same boat. we were earlier this year, when we had a wide receiver become qb... and it's worked out so well we may just take the conference yet. KEY AWARD WINNER!!!!

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:53 PM
what i saw on saturday was an unprepared backup qb that was probably thinking "transfer out of texas soon" and not "ready to go if colt goes down."

now, we could have been watching different games, but didn't the offense look rather sloppy with a new guy under center? an UNPREPARED kind of sloppy?

ps: and don't try to say that any other team would be in the same boat. we were earlier this year, when we had a wide receiver become qb... and it's worked out so well we may just take the conference yet. KEY AWARD WINNER!!!!
I see you ignore the things that make your head hurt, like McCoy having 27 TDs vs. 4 INTs and being on Heisman lists. :D No coaching there? Bueller? Bueller?

As far as Snead goes, he hadn't been in the fire like that yet and it took him time to adjust. Still, 42 points is usually good enough to win. To blame the loss on him or to call him unprepared is just more anti-Texas bias from you. You can't blame him for our porous secondary, terrible special teams and fumbling RBs. Were it not for them scoring 21 points in 3 minutes in the 3rd quarter due to 2 fumbles and a blocked punt, I doubt you'd be badmouthing Snead who had a pretty solid game.

As far as OU winning the conference, that's wishful thinking as well.

As far as UT's title hopes being shattered going forward, we don't have any holes on our depth chart. We haven't lost a whole class or had a mass exodus of O linemen. We'll lose some key O linemen after this season, but we'll simply reload there.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 02:53 PM
I think what it comes down to is that for the second year in a row the whorns are a one man offense.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 02:56 PM
I think what it comes down to is that for the second year in a row the whorns are a one man offense.
We scored 42 points. I believe McCoy was in the game for 7 of those.

Ash
11/13/2006, 02:58 PM

Keep in mind you were playing K-State...and no, this isn't the K-State of old.

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 03:00 PM
Fanin - so why don't you expound on this theory. You think one upset destroys your national title hopes "for the next several years"? Uh. See tOSU. See Michigan. See USC. Good lord.

UT will sustain some pretty heavy losses in the OL. Their DL loses some good talent at DE. Thier DB loses 2 players and before you say it doesn't matter because they suck this year I would ask whether that worries you about the players playing behind the starters.

I don't see a savior at RB. Colt McCoy is a heady player but so was Applewhite and we all know what happened to him, especially after he was hurt. UT is about to have the mother of all QB controversies beginning next year....if it hasn't already began.

Chizik is quickly losing his aura of invincibility and I expect him to bail this year or be fired the next. Of course some horn fans say he has nothing to do with the succiness that is the horns passing defense.

Once the horn momentum garnered from a VY led magical national title year has been lost, all of the old doubts will creep back in to the horn program and the horn faithful. A big victory by OU next year in the RRS will seal the deal.

At that point Mack will be looking for a soft place to land once the criticism returns and I think he'll take the AD position at NC if offered after the 08 season and after UT has 2 successive 3 to 4 loss seasons. UT goes out and hires the best coach they think money can buy and the cycle of the last 10 years starts all over again with the biggest diffrence being that OU is the big dog on the block and not rebuilding like they were when Mack was hired in 1998.

So the 2005 season was actually a small blip in the past 35 years of horn fan frustration with a small amount of carry over into the 2006 season. But, just like the horn's title hopes for this season and many seasons beyond, it has disappeared off the radar screen.

footballfanatic
11/13/2006, 03:06 PM

Don't get too upset. OU fans are just enjoying a little payback, but their enjoyment won't lost long. No way Texas loses to aTm at home, so we're in the Big 12 Championship game. I expect a hard-fought game against a Nebraska team, but I see us winning. Odds are we'll be in the BCS Fiesta bowl game. OU will be looking at a lesser bowl. Next year is when the floodgates really start to open, as OU will have no one in the offensive backfield, and the gulf between the two programs widens.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:07 PM
I agree that we should've scored on them and we did. To say we have a 1-man offense is ridiculous though. We have a very solid running game, one of the top WR corps in the country and one of the best O lines.

badger
11/13/2006, 03:09 PM
and when he says "old," I think he means two years ago, not 30 million years ago when texas won its last non-vince championship. ;)

I think that texas does well when it has a good qb, and does poorly when it has a so-so qb... or one that chokes a lot, like Chris Simms.

so, mack better come up with some more dimensions to the offense fast--- like short pass to tight end, better running game, SOMETHING, or relying on your qb again could be more costly than a few photo ops for sooner message boards like last saturday. I trust you've already seen them.

Ash
11/13/2006, 03:12 PM
and when he says "old," I think he means two years ago, not 30 million years ago when texas won its last non-vince championship. ;)

Egg-zackary!

The "old" K-State where scoring 40+ would have meant something. How about that vaunted Texas D, whorns?

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 03:13 PM
Don't get too upset. OU fans are just enjoying a little payback, but their enjoyment won't lost long. No way Texas loses to aTm at home, so we're in the Big 12 Championship game. I expect a hard-fought game against a Nebraska team, but I see us winning. Odds are we'll be in the BCS Fiesta bowl game. OU will be looking at a lesser bowl. Next year is when the floodgates really start to open, as OU will have no one in the offensive backfield, and the gulf between the two programs widens.

I guess all of the close games UT should have lost and the game they did lose over the past 4 weeks has prevented you from keeping up with OU's returning talent:

8 starters on offense(9 if you count Alan Patrick who has averaged 0ver 150 yards rushing per game in AD's absence.)

8 starters returning on defense + Ryan Reynolds at LB who would have started this year.

No, we have no talent returning while the horns just have ooddles and oodles of talent returning...especially on the OL, DB and DE. Oh, I did forget you guys are returning that AD clone at RB otherwise known as Jammal "I Am a Fumbling Machine" Charles. :D

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 03:17 PM
Someone's been drinking the water from the bonghorn.

badger
11/13/2006, 03:21 PM
I guess all of the close games UT should have lost and the game they did lose over the past 4 weeks has prevented you from keeping up with OU's returning talent:

8 starters on offense(9 if you count Alan Patrick who has averaged 0ver 150 yards rushing per game in AD's absence.)

8 starters returning on defense + Ryan Reynolds at LB who would have started this year.

No, we have no talent returning while the horns just have oddles and oodles of talent returning...especially on the OL, DB and DE. Oh, I did forget you guys are returning that AD clone at RB otherwise known as
Jammal "I Am a Fumbling Machine" Charles. :D
this post makes me happy.

admit it, texas: transition years are ahead for you. we've had young players the past few years, so look for more experience to give you another 65-13 facial next year.

footballfanatic
11/13/2006, 03:29 PM

No, we have no talent returning while the horns just have ooddles and oodles of talent returning...especially on the OL, DB and DE. Oh, I did forget you guys are returning that AD clone at RB otherwise known as Jammal "I Am a Fumbling Machine" Charles. :D

Your returning starters theory is good, except for one little thing--these starters are nowhere near the caliber of the old OU players in their positions. the linemen are mediocre, the defense was smoked in its two tests this season, and there is no one with any cache in the backfield. Where's Herr Sholtz and the others? In the Fiesta Bowl.

Big Red Ron
11/13/2006, 03:34 PM
Your returning starters theory is good, except for one little thing--these starters are nowhere near the caliber of the old OU players in their positions. the linemen are mediocre, the defense was smoked in its two tests this season, and there is no one with any cache in the backfield. Where's Herr Sholtz and the others? In the Fiesta Bowl.BS, these guy's by all right are a 9-1 team and will most likely end up with 11 wins. These youngsters are monsters and you know it!

badger
11/13/2006, 03:35 PM
Your returning starters theory is good, except for one little thing--these starters are nowhere near the caliber of the old OU players in their positions. the linemen are mediocre, the defense was smoked in its two tests this season, and there is no one with any cache in the backfield. Where's Herr Sholtz and the others? In the Fiesta Bowl.
zzzz. a&m will rally around the threat of fran being fired, whip some whorn arse and go to the alamo bowl.

THEN, whornies go to the holiday bowl.

THEN,the sooners renew their rivalry with the effing hillbilly coach and send nebbish to the cotton bowl.

finally, sooners go for a fiesta in January.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:37 PM
admit it, texas: transition years are ahead for you. we've had young players the past few years, so look for more experience to give you another 65-13 facial next year.
Let's see, over the past 3 games against us, OU has scored 12, 12 and 10 points respectively. Yet, you're going to score 65 next year breaking in yet another green QB? :D Do you guys even HAVE a QB for next year yet?

Try to have a modicum of objectivity.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:38 PM
finally, sooners go for a fiesta in January.
Want to wager on that? :D

badger
11/13/2006, 03:39 PM
Let's see, over the past 3 games against us, OU has scored 12, 12 and 10 points respectively. Yet, you're going to score 65 next year breaking in yet another green QB? :D Do you guys even HAVE a QB for next year yet?

Try to have a modicum of objectivity.
objectivity is my day job. here, I remember that texas scored ZERO when we scored 12, so let us not try to get too horny over the whorns, please.

Not to press the situation, because I really hope the kid is okay, but do YOU guys have a qb for next year? colt didn't look to great after that hit. i think it was more than a concussion. the way he was acting, it seemed more like a throwing-shoulder injury that would definitely be costly.

badger
11/13/2006, 03:41 PM
Want to wager on that? :D
sure, why not! what do you have in mind?

while you ponder that, here is some "thinking time" music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK7CVFHlYVI

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:49 PM
objectivity is my day job. here, I remember that texas scored ZERO when we scored 12, so let us not try to get too horny over the whorns, please.
What does that have to do with your fanciful prediction that you'll score 65? :D

Not to press the situation, because I really hope the kid is okay, but do YOU guys have a qb for next year? colt didn't look to great after that hit. i think it was more than a concussion. the way he was acting, it seemed more like a throwing-shoulder injury that would definitely be costly.
Neck stinger. He'll be fine. He'll play against aggy.

Yes, we'll have a plethora of QBs next season. Thanks for asking. You'd absolutely love to get either of Chiles or Brantley too, both of whom are coming to Austin.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 03:51 PM

How about loser has to have either a signature or avatar propping up the other team for next offseason?

badger
11/13/2006, 03:58 PM
How about loser has to have either a signature or avatar propping up the other team for next offseason?
hmm... here is the proposal...

Should Texas lose to Texas A&M, Herr Scholz must change his avatar AND signature the Monday after the Texas A&M/Texas game, during the month of December and January, but only through one week after the national championship game. The avatar and signature will not include any profanity or inappropriate language, but will definitely sing praises of the Sooners, and remind everyone that OU has won more national titles and is the best, the end.

Should Texas win against Texas A&M, badger must change her avatar AND signature the Monday after the Texas A&M/Texas game, during the month of December and January, but only through one week after the national championship game. The avatar and signature will not include any profanity or inappropriate language, but will definitely sing praises of the... eh... Longhorns, and remind everyone that UT has won more games in the OU/ut series and is the best, the end. (cringing at the thought of posting that)

Fair enough, Herr?

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:02 PM
hmm... here is the proposal...

Should Texas lose to Texas A&M, Herr Scholz must change his avatar AND signature the Monday after the Texas A&M/Texas game, during the month of December and January, but only through one week after the national championship game. The avatar and signature will not include any profanity or inappropriate language, but will definitely sing praises of the Sooners, and remind everyone that OU has won more national titles and is the best, the end.

Should Texas win against Texas A&M, badger must change her avatar AND signature the Monday after the Texas A&M/Texas game, during the month of December and January, but only through one week after the national championship game. The avatar and signature will not include any profanity or inappropriate language, but will definitely sing praises of the... eh... Longhorns, and remind everyone that UT has won more games in the OU/ut series and is the best, the end. (cringing at the thought of posting that)

Fair enough, Herr?
Sounds good to me, but I thought we were wagering over the Sooners' chances of going to the Fiesta Bowl. If you simply want to bet on our Thanksgiving game, that's cool by me. Which would you prefer?

badger
11/13/2006, 04:05 PM
Sounds good to me, but I thought we were wagering over the Sooners' chances of going to the Fiesta Bowl. If you simply want to bet on our Thanksgiving game, that's cool by me. Which would you prefer?
because the bcs is so scrambled that you could end up in outer space and where you go is not decided on the field, but decided by the sponsors and media (that's how we both ended up in the rose bowl, sans title game year)...

let us instead wager on your "rivalry" game. :mack:

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:10 PM
because the bcs is so scrambled that you could end up in outer space and where you go is not decided on the field, but decided by the sponsors and media (that's how we both ended up in the rose bowl, sans title game year)...

The conference champ goes to the Fiesta Bowl automatically. That's absolutely decided on the field. Why don't we bet on who wins the conference title this year. That makes more sense to me because if Nebraska ends up winning it, we're both a couple of also-rans anyway.

Plus, my wager comment was in response to your statement that the Sooners were going to the Fiesta Bowl. If A&M beats us, it doesn't make sense for me to have a pro-Sooner quote.

badger
11/13/2006, 04:15 PM
Cool, but the conference champ goes to the Fiesta Bowl automatically. That's absolutely decided on the field. Why don't we bet on who wins the conference title this year. That makes more sense to me because if Nebraska ends up winning it, we're both a couple of also-rans anyway.
okay... here goes...

Should TEXAS win title... Herr edits badger's avatar and signature.
Should OU win title... badger edits Herr's avatar and signature.
Should NEBBISH win title... TBD.

perhaps a resident husker fan will participate?

Anyway, I already know what you sig and avatar are going to be, and I think you'll find it amusing. :D Deal?

tbl
11/13/2006, 04:16 PM
I hate it when whorns come here and post and sound more rational than my fellow Sooners... However while most of the whorns that post here seem like pretty level headed guys, one only needs to go to whornfans.com to get a true reading on the bulk of your fanbase.

Whorns - you would be crazy to think we wouldn't find satisfaction in this, especially considering what it could mean for our season. We think it's funny, and we wanted it to happen (but didn't think it possible). You would have done the same thing, and that is to be expected. While my respect for saxeT as a program has increased the past couple of years, I still hate you immensely. :D

Any Sooners that try to take away from what the whorns did last year are pretty delusional. They straight up WON the NC, and you cannot argue with that. No replay argument or any of that mess will cut it.

Also, don't forget... they've beat us 2 years in a row now. That fact alone should force us to reconsider any trash talk this season. Regardless of how they won this year, they won... and I hate them for it. ;)

badger
11/13/2006, 04:18 PM
Any Sooners that try to take away from what the whorns did last year are pretty delusional. They straight up WON the NC, and you cannot argue with that. No replay argument or any of that mess will cut it.

but... but... Matt Leinart said usc would win 9 out of 10 times :(

;)

StoopTroup
11/13/2006, 04:21 PM

Heh...

http://www.soweirdproductions.com/wp-images/blog-images/051218_lighterphone.jpg

badger
11/13/2006, 04:23 PM
Heh...

http://www.soweirdproductions.com/wp-images/blog-images/051218_lighterphone.jpg
you like? there is one that is even better than that:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZpQmtjfsZU4

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:45 PM
okay... here goes...

Anyway, I already know what you sig and avatar are going to be, and I think you'll find it amusing. :D Deal?
Done and done.

badger
11/13/2006, 04:48 PM
Done and done.
all right! now... down to biz: a&m needs to beat texas like they did in basketball, so this needs to happen for the football team:
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/42q5e158.jpg
let the trash talking continue... ;)

caphorns
11/13/2006, 04:54 PM
UT will sustain some pretty heavy losses in the OL. Their DL loses some good talent at DE. Thier DB loses 2 players and before you say it doesn't matter because they suck this year I would ask whether that worries you about the players playing behind the starters.

I don't see a savior at RB. Colt McCoy is a heady player but so was Applewhite and we all know what happened to him, especially after he was hurt. UT is about to have the mother of all QB controversies beginning next year....if it hasn't already began.

Chizik is quickly losing his aura of invincibility and I expect him to bail this year or be fired the next. Of course some horn fans say he has nothing to do with the succiness that is the horns passing defense.

Once the horn momentum garnered from a VY led magical national title year has been lost, all of the old doubts will creep back in to the horn program and the horn faithful. A big victory by OU next year in the RRS will seal the deal.

At that point Mack will be looking for a soft place to land once the criticism returns and I think he'll take the AD position at NC if offered after the 08 season and after UT has 2 successive 3 to 4 loss seasons. UT goes out and hires the best coach they think money can buy and the cycle of the last 10 years starts all over again with the biggest diffrence being that OU is the big dog on the block and not rebuilding like they were when Mack was hired in 1998.

So the 2005 season was actually a small blip in the past 35 years of horn fan frustration with a small amount of carry over into the 2006 season. But, just like the horn's title hopes for this season and many seasons beyond, it has disappeared off the radar screen.

An aggy couldn't have said it better. Brilliant ;)

caphorns
11/13/2006, 04:57 PM
Colt is playing next week. He's throwing without pain today.

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 04:59 PM
all right! now... down to biz: a&m needs to beat texas like they did in basketball, so this needs to happen for the football team:
http://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/42q5e158.jpg
let the trash talking continue... ;)
Don't forget you have a little rivalry game of your own to win. ;)

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/Oklahoma_State.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 05:03 PM
That just means it'll be even funnier when Texass loses.

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 05:12 PM
An aggy couldn't have said it better. Brilliant ;)

Awesome reply. You really told me.

I'll make another aggy-like prediction. If this year turns sour and Texas loses either the TAMU game or the CCG and then follows that up with a 3 to 4 loss season I think that we'll start seeing definite signs of Mack losing the fire to keep feeding the Monster at UT. That's why I think Mack starts looking for his golden parachute after 2008....maybe even as early as 2007.

The worst mistake coaches(and players) make is staying after they've lost their competitive fire. Mack, who comes across as a nice guy, has always seemed that he was borderline in that belly-fire requirement in the first place. And I think having to satisfy the high maintnenance fickle fans of UT has taken a toll on Mack over the course of his tenure there.

badger
11/13/2006, 05:15 PM
Don't forget you have a little rivalry game of your own to win. ;)

http://media.graytvinc.com/images/Oklahoma_State.jpg
ah yes--- the team that had no problem with nebraska :D:D

caphorns
11/13/2006, 05:26 PM
Awesome reply. You really told me.

I'll make another aggy-like prediction. If this year turns sour and Texas loses either the TAMU game or the CCG and then follows that up with a 3 to 4 loss season I think that we'll start seeing definite signs of Mack losing the fire to keep feeding the Monster at UT. That's why I think Mack starts looking for his golden parachute after 2008....maybe even as early as 2007.

The worst mistake coaches(and players) make is staying after they've lost their competitive fire. Mack, who comes across as a nice guy, has always seemed that he was borderline in that belly-fire requirement in the first place. And I think having to satisfy the high maintnenance fickle fans of UT has taken a toll on Mack over the course of his tenure there.

Have you seen our schedule next year kemosabe? I've got to admit that it's hard to argue with crazy.

TexasLidig8r
11/13/2006, 05:26 PM

We already won our rivalry game 28 - 10! :D

and.. wait a second... Badger is a her?????????

Obligatory... are you hawt and this thread is worthless without a pic...
post...

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 05:31 PM
ah yes--- the team that had no problem with nebraska :D:D
They had a bit of a problem in Austin however. But they get you guys at home where they worked the Big XII North champs.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 05:36 PM
Worked 'em huh? I expect the porno bass line to kick in about now.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 05:36 PM

Herr Scholz
11/13/2006, 05:42 PM
Can you expound on that for me, please? I'm only semi-fluent in Sooner. ;)

badger
11/13/2006, 06:00 PM
We already won our rivalry game 28 - 10! :D

and.. wait a second... Badger is a her?????????

Obligatory... are you hawt and this thread is worthless without a pic...
post...
yes I'm a "her"--- and I'm engaged to another posted on here (see my signature).

You want a pic, eh? We'll, I've already posted it once, but here it is again:
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/8407/altheatn0.jpg
:D

ClintonSooner
11/13/2006, 06:14 PM
badger...I noticed your fiance birthday was 4-20...

badger
11/13/2006, 06:18 PM
badger...I noticed your fiance birthday was 4-20...
that is a little bit psycho that you looked that up, but okay, yes, that is a strange coincidence. How can you misinterpret 2-17?
:cool:

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 07:26 PM
Have you seen our schedule next year kemosabe? I've got to admit that it's hard to argue with crazy.

Oh, so you're going to fall back on the old "Well we're not going to lose 3 games next year because Mack and Deloss made sure our non-conference schedule sucks" argument?

That's just down right pathetic and sad.....but coming from a horn fan not suprising. You know it's f'ing sad when KSU will probably have a tougher non-conference schedule than the horns.

I've still got confidence in Mack and I still have confidence the horns will return to form.

BTW, I know you're a horn fan and all and you're upset because your team just choked like Pamela Sue Anderson going down on the big one, but let's try to have a discussion without throwing in personal insults.

Scott D
11/13/2006, 07:28 PM
badger, you should have gone with a better bet like say 'texas wins and herr leaves sf.com forever. texas loses, and herr leaves sf.com forever.'

badger
11/13/2006, 07:36 PM
badger, you should have gone with a better bet like say 'texas wins and herr leaves sf.com forever. texas loses, and herr leaves sf.com forever.'
texas fans make games like ksu's win fun here at sf.com.

SoonerJLB
11/13/2006, 07:50 PM
Next year is when the floodgates really start to open, as OU will have no one in the offensive backfield, and the gulf between the two programs widens.

You mean the kind of gulf that OU>UT. I agree.

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 07:53 PM
Can you expound on that for me, please? I'm only semi-fluent in Sooner.

Apparently you aren't very fluent in English either.

utex74
11/13/2006, 11:17 PM

(Yeah, I know I posted it on another thread but I thought it was worth repeating on this thread.)

BTW, since UT is no longer in the National title hunt I suspect the CCG(if UT makes it in) will be like a home game for the red hord from up north since all of the bazillions of UT's bandwagon fans have bailed. Since my wife is from Nebraska I think it's legit that I get to root for the Bugeaters to kick UT's @$$ in what I hope is typical 20 degree KC weather in December.

Ticket in hand. I will be there. As well as at home for aggy. But you are right about one thing....I expect it to be cold and that I am not used to. Should I bring a windbreaker?

BASSooner
11/13/2006, 11:26 PM
Nice...just like old times...keep it comin!

Next year is when the floodgates really start to open, as OU will have no one in the offensive backfield, and the gulf between the two programs widens.

I am afraid that you are sadly mistaken. You underestimate Allen Patrick, Chris Brown, and the OL unit, considering that we only lose one senior in that unit, Messner. Even with Braxton out, Trent Williams is doing one hell of a job.

utex74
11/13/2006, 11:26 PM
Colt is playing next week. He's throwing without pain today.

Cap,

You got a link for that? Or some other source? I expected him back but today would be more than I hoped for.

Ash
11/13/2006, 11:33 PM
Still waiting for a whorn to explain WTF their greatest-defense-EVAR was doing in that game....besides the obvious dope smokin'.

*crickets chirping*

Crucifax Autumn
11/13/2006, 11:40 PM
Here's a picture of one of their defensive backs before the game:

http://slivki.tritiumnet.org/Pictures/normal_baby-smoking-pot.jpg

FaninAma
11/13/2006, 11:48 PM
Cap,

You got a link for that? Or some other source?

Yeah he does but you would have to have a tube of K-Y and a proctoscope to retrieve it.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 12:49 AM
You don't think whorn fans have those items handy?

TexasLidig8r
11/14/2006, 09:41 AM
Still waiting for a whorn to explain WTF their greatest-defense-EVAR was doing in that game....besides the obvious dope smokin'.

*crickets chirping*

Perhaps they were gloating over two consecutive scoreboards over you ? :D

Ash
11/14/2006, 10:12 AM
Perhaps they were gloating over two consecutive scoreboards over you ? :D

Nice try, Lid. Your defense did play well against us this year and last. Then they go and take a dump against inferior teams. Way to rep, bonghorns. How aggie of you to only care about beating OU.

caphorns
11/14/2006, 11:00 AM
Cap,

You got a link for that? Or some other source? I expected him back but today would be more than I hoped for.

Reported on OB.

caphorns
11/14/2006, 11:02 AM
Too bad you didn't have a QB as accurate as Josh Freeman. Kid was absolutely on fir

;)

Ash
11/14/2006, 11:25 AM
Must be nice to know that a frosh QB on a sucky team wore your D out.

HskrGrl
11/14/2006, 11:30 AM
okay... here goes...

I'll go in on the bet. All the same rules apply just make it between me and the opposing teams fan (be it Badger for OU or Herr for the school whos name of which I do not speak). Personally, I think our chances are better against that queer steer school. I mean how many times can a team get lucky in one game? For some reason God wanted us to loose that game because I have never seen a team fumble the ball 5 times and have it bouce right back to them all but one of those times in a single game! Oh then there's that interception that about made me commit suicide right there in north stadium.

Anyway, already got my tickets to the game and yes, I do believe it will be a home game for my Huskers. Our visit to KC is LOOOOONG overdue! :D

TexasLidig8r
11/14/2006, 11:39 AM
Nice try, Lid. Your defense did play well against us this year and last. Then they go and take a dump against inferior teams. Way to rep, bonghorns. How aggie of you to only care about beating OU.

Nice try Ash. How aggy of you to live vicariously through other teams. :D

Oh. how the mighty have fallen.

In pacem requiescat.

Ash
11/14/2006, 11:47 AM
Nice try Ash. How aggy of you to live vicariously through other teams. :D

You're confusing me with someone else Lid.

K-State beating you guys is hilarious, but has no bearing on how I feel about the OU-Texas game - past, present, or future.

Sorry to disappoint.

colleyvillesooner
11/14/2006, 11:54 AM
If he's throwing, it's not in practice.

Football: McCoy's stinger gets time to heal

Web Posted: 11/12/2006 10:35 PM CST

Jeff McDonald
Express-News Staff Writer

AUSTIN — Texas quarterback Colt McCoy suffered a stinger injury to his neck and shoulder in the No. 11 Longhorns' 45-42 loss at Kansas State on Saturday, UT officials said Sunday.
McCoy's status for UT's game Nov. 24 against Texas A&M remains in doubt, though early signs are promising.

advertisement

The type of injury McCoy incurred — a pinched nerve, in layman's terms — is considered to be minor, and he will have nearly two weeks to heal.

"The off week couldn't come at a better time," McCoy said.

McCoy's mother, Debra, who earlier in the day confirmed the nature of her son's injury, said she was optimistic he could return to practice soon.

"I'm hoping it will only be two or three days," Debra McCoy said.

McCoy, a redshirt freshman and a leading candidate for Big 12 player of the year, was injured on a 1-yard touchdown sneak that capped UT's first drive of the game.

Freshman Jevan Snead took over for McCoy. He completed 13 of 30 passes for 190 yards and was sacked five times in the loss, which knocked UT from the top 10 for the first time since November 2003.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/big12/stories/MYSA111306.1D.mccoy.304bf69.html

Ash
11/14/2006, 11:55 AM
See you another hour and half when you finally think of a "good comeback," Lid.

Or will the martinis have already clouded your thinking by then?

Try asking a buddy who knows something about football for some material.

caphorns
11/14/2006, 12:02 PM
Must be nice to know that a frosh QB on a sucky team wore your D out.

Freeman can flat out throw and distribute the rock. I'm not saying his team doesn't suck and we shouldn't have beat them, but Freeman is very good. I could only imagine the numbers he would put up in a Sooner or Longhorn uni.

Ash
11/14/2006, 12:04 PM
Freeman can flat out throw and distribute the rock. I'm not saying his team doesn't suck and we shouldn't have beat them, but Freeman is very good. I could only imagine the numbers he would put up in a Sooner or Longhorn uni.

Agreed.

But you also know I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take another shot at ya!;)

caphorns
11/14/2006, 12:05 PM
"He's already throwing the football without much pain. He'll be good to go."

That's the message I'm getting. Nothing to do with practicing with the team. But if he's throwing the football without pain, that's really the issue with a stinger.

caphorns
11/14/2006, 12:11 PM
Good call Ash. I really think Freeman was a bust by both of our programs. Kid is outstanding. Of course, I've only really watched him through one game. And he did throw a nearly very costly INT. But I can't tell you the number of times he thread the needle with a perfect strike as well. Great arm on that guy and I suspect he's going to do well even with inferior talent around him. The loss very much reminds me of when Reggie McNeil upset you guys a few years back when nobody knew much about McNeil. I'm not sure Reggie ever had a better game after that.

By the way, I'm not really defending our secondary so much as pointing out that Freeman deserves a ton of credit here. Again, it took nearly a perfect storm for us to lose that game and Freeman's natural talent was definitely a big part of that. I don't think we went into that game expecting him to nail his passes so consistently. But he did.

utex74
11/14/2006, 06:56 PM

*crickets chirping*

Well, if you couldn't tell, the defense had its *** handed to it. And, much like you in Dallas, there were two third quarter fumbles and a blocked put in a 3 minute period. No time for poor defensive play. They'll fix it.

MiccoMacey
11/14/2006, 07:09 PM
It's funny when OU was ranked 91st or whatevr in pass defense, we were a horrible defense.

But when Texas is ranked near the bottom, and has given up 31, 31, and 45 in 3 of the last five games, it's because "that's a deceiving stat...we've only given up that many yards because they only throw on us because they can't run on us". And that's to Tech, Baylor, and Kansas State.

badger
11/14/2006, 09:34 PM
I'll go in on the bet. All the same rules apply just make it between me and the opposing teams fan (be it Badger for OU or Herr for the school whos name of which I do not speak). Personally, I think our chances are better against that queer steer school. I mean how many times can a team get lucky in one game? For some reason God wanted us to loose that game because I have never seen a team fumble the ball 5 times and have it bouce right back to them all but one of those times in a single game! Oh then there's that interception that about made me commit suicide right there in north stadium.

Anyway, already got my tickets to the game and yes, I do believe it will be a home game for my Huskers. Our visit to KC is LOOOOONG overdue! :D
Excellent.

Herr, this okay with you that its 3-way instead of 2? In the name of good-natured fun and restored rivalries?

Herr Scholz
11/15/2006, 11:18 AM
Excellent.

Herr, this okay with you that its 3-way instead of 2? In the name of good-natured fun and restored rivalries?
Sounds muy bueno to me. Nebraska will be a tough out in KC for either the Horns or Sooners.

homerSimpsonsBrain
11/15/2006, 11:23 AM
Excellent.

You really think Herr is gonna complain about a 3-way....:D

Herr Scholz
11/15/2006, 11:25 AM
You really think Herr is gonna complain about a 3-way....:D
Yeah, a Husker chick AND a Sooner chick. No complaints here. :D

sooneron
11/15/2006, 11:32 AM
One serious question-
Why is Colt's mommy disseminating injury info to media?
Seems a little weird to me. I guess Bob's cloak of secrecy has me paranoid.

As fun as it was watching the whorns lose on Saturday, most of my expressions were eyerolls or head shakes. Not a tremendous amount of joy for the exception that it kept us in the B12 South chase.

utex74
11/16/2006, 09:20 PM
Egg-zackary!

The "old" K-State where scoring 40+ would have meant something. How about that vaunted Texas D, whorns?

Doesn't matter who you're playing. Even if with Colt we score more, you score 42 points you should win. This loss is on third quarter turnovers and very poor defensive play. Should sound familiar to you if I correctly read your reasons for losing to Texas.

And McGee cannot throw accurately more than five yards. I predict a beatdown of A&M on T+1. (but we seriously have to fix the secondary)

badger
11/16/2006, 09:31 PM
Doesn't matter who you're playing. Even if with Colt we score more, you score 42 points you should win. This loss is on third quarter turnovers and very poor defensive play. Should sound familiar to you if I correctly read your reasons for losing to Texas.

And McGee cannot throw accurately more than five yards. I predict a beatdown of A&M on T+1. (but we seriously have to fix the secondary)
Look out for the JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ-TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNN!

Woot Woot!

(and the aggies sink to a whole new level of low)

Ash
11/16/2006, 10:30 PM

I agree. But dropping 40 on K-State at their place, in the recent past, might have been something to hang your hat on, like the other whorns were trying to do, this year not so much.

Bottomline. Your D bent over and took the prison lovin' like they enjoyed it. Prison...should sound familiar to the guys you hand schollies to down there.

AzianSooner
11/16/2006, 10:51 PM
Reading to the whorns (whores) excuses their beloved defensive football team is like listening to my pooop drops.

stink like sh.t.

Herr Scholz
11/17/2006, 07:07 PM
Reading to the whorns (whores) excuses their beloved defensive football team is like listening to my pooop drops.

stink like sh.t.
Just like Sooners' excuses for losing in Dallas.

skycat
11/17/2006, 11:53 PM
By the way, I'm not really defending our secondary so much as pointing out that Freeman deserves a ton of credit here. Again, it took nearly a perfect storm for us to lose that game and Freeman's natural talent was definitely a big part of that. I don't think we went into that game expecting him to nail his passes so consistently. But he did.

A "perfect" storm that included two botched punts giving you possesion deep in K-State territory, a very bad decision by our talented but still young QB leading to an interception, and missing a wide open reciever in the second half for what what would have been a back breaking TD, not to mention numerous injuries to key Wildcat players before and during the game on both sides of the ball.

Yeah, we caught some breaks, but the best thing about that game was that the Cats didn't play close to the fabled perfect game, and were still the better team last Saturday.

crimson&cream
11/18/2006, 12:18 AM
Just like Sooners' excuses for losing in Dallas.
What excuses?. we did turn the ball over a bunch and anybody with FB knowledge will tell you it's hard to win when you do that- not an excuse just a fact.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2006, 12:21 AM

rofl 42 points???? you would think playing a pathetic kansas state.....17 would be enough. then again, it is texas. everything is bigger in texas including their losses.

Jello Biafra
11/18/2006, 12:22 AM
Yeah, a Husker chick AND a Sooner chick. No complaints here. :D

pffft. they would fall asleep and you would fall in love.

Herr Scholz
11/18/2006, 07:43 PM
What excuses?. we did turn the ball over a bunch and anybody with FB knowledge will tell you it's hard to win when you do that- not an excuse just a fact.
The pathetic and usual "Texas paid off the refs" excuses eminating from MANY Sooner fans.

Texas also turned the ball over against KSU and additionally got a punt blocked. We don't do that, we win. That's also a fact. Somehow when Texas turns the ball over though, it's choking while it's just "bad breaks" when the Sooners do it.

plumbob
11/18/2006, 09:23 PM
I stayed up past my bedtime to watch KSU beat UT.

Herr Scholz
11/19/2006, 12:15 PM
I stayed up past my bedtime to watch KSU beat UT.
Guess you took a nap when the Longhorns beat the Sooners? :D

AzianSooner
11/19/2006, 03:39 PM
There is no excuse in Sooner Football.

StoopTroup
11/19/2006, 03:43 PM
The whorns blew it this year.

I think when you compare the Sooner Season to the whorn seasun, you have to be pretty happy if your a Sooner Fan.

If your a whorn fan...your probably over posting on a Sooner Site trying to make yourself feel better.

SoonerStormchaser
11/19/2006, 03:52 PM
Yep...spek to you StoopTroup!

Crucifax Autumn
11/19/2006, 04:01 PM
I hope not...at least not until after atm

Herr Scholz
11/19/2006, 08:06 PM
I think when you compare the Sooner Season to the whorn seasun, you have to be pretty happy if your a Sooner Fan.
I'll wait and see which team wins the conference and goes to a BCS bowl before I render judgment on the season.

Scotty
11/24/2006, 05:20 PM
I'll wait and see which team wins the conference and goes to a BCS bowl before I render judgment on the season.

so..uh....how's that rendering coming?:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
11/24/2006, 05:23 PM
Herr's still cleaning the rendering out of his pants.

Herr Scholz
11/24/2006, 06:26 PM
so..uh....how's that rendering coming?:rolleyes:
We sucked today, no question. We've also definitely regressed over the course of the season. Don't know what happened. This definitely isn't the UT team that hit OU in the mouth.

Keep in mind, you guys still haven't sewn it up just yet though.

Scotty
11/24/2006, 06:32 PM
This definitely isn't the UT team that hit OU in the mouth.

For the record, this isn't the same OU team that was "hit in the mouth", either.

Herr Scholz
11/24/2006, 06:40 PM
For the record, this isn't the same OU team that was "hit in the mouth", either.
I didn't say it was.

cvsooner
11/24/2006, 07:28 PM
Agreed. Still a long row to hoe. First getting through that snakepit known as Stillwater. If we survive that, Nebraska ain't bad, ain't bad at all.

I figure Saturday's game will be a nailbiter. Hopefully Stoops' troops can stay focused on the task at hand. I hope they just whip some OSU tail.

There's only one...game at a time.

crimson&cream
11/24/2006, 07:30 PM
I didn't say it was.
Like when I started this thread just go back to your crying.LOL:pop:

Herr Scholz
11/24/2006, 07:45 PM
Like when I started this thread just go back to your crying.LOL:pop:
OK. What goes around comes around though.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/24/2006, 07:47 PM

Like that late, bone-jarring, injury creating hit on that Colorado QB?

Scotty
11/24/2006, 08:04 PM

You're preaching to the choir on that issue.

MamaMia
11/24/2006, 08:08 PM
OK. What goes around comes around though.At the end of the day, its nice that you gathered a lesson from your defeat. :)

BIG_IKE
11/25/2006, 07:49 AM
I will reserve comment until we win. Because this is all for nothing if we lose today.
I would like to ask the Whorns how it feels to be screwed. That P.I. call and Quan Cosby's catch were terrible officiating calls that ended up costing you the game. That and Colt's unhealed shoulder. And the fact that you run that silly zone read when you should be in the I.

Now you know how we have felt all year with officiating!

Crimson Kid
11/25/2006, 08:43 AM
I will not say anything till after the game, i don't wanna give them whorns or sheep humpers any reason to come back here and gloat.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/25/2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah, well let's win the game before we go off the deep end.

AzianSooner
11/25/2006, 05:53 PM

Big 12 co-championship ring making for Utruxass here you go..

soonermeteor
11/25/2006, 05:57 PM
Tell Texas to unpack their bags... the whorns will be staying in Austin next weekend!

Herr Scholz
11/25/2006, 07:58 PM
Congrats, Sooners. You were right, I was wrong. You guys are cool, I'm lame. You're attractive, I'm not so good looking. You're clever, I'm boring... ;)

Seriously, you guys won. You're the champs and you deserve to represent the South. While I enjoy some good smack talk, I can admit defeat and move on. I admire how your team fought through all the adversity this year. Showed heart. The OU/Nebraska game in KC should be a good one.

JohnnyMack
11/25/2006, 08:00 PM
Congrats, Sooners. You were right, I was wrong. You guys are cool, I'm lame. You're attractive, I'm not so good looking. You're clever, I'm boring... ;)

Can I have that as my sig? :D

StoopTroup
11/25/2006, 08:02 PM
Why not...lol

Herr Scholz
11/26/2006, 12:20 AM
Can I have that as my sig? :D
Feel free. But only until next season.

It's basketball season anyway. ;)

StoopTroup
11/26/2006, 12:21 AM

Oh...you've moved on now...lol

Well goodie for you...

Indy Sooner
11/26/2006, 01:14 AM
Pre-season rankings aside, (I believe OU was in the top 10) most predictions for Texas were for a 10-2, 9-3 season with a Big 12 title. We won't under achieve unless we do not get that championship.

As I stated earlier-- and despite a feeble attempt in arguing this fact by a faithful Whorn-- I crown the most underachieving team in college football this season- :mack:

utex74
11/26/2006, 02:08 AM
As I stated earlier-- and despite a feeble attempt in arguing this fact by a faithful Whorn-- I crown the most underachieving team in college football this season- :mack:

OK. I can now say we did underachieve. A lot the last few weeks. (not the most, but that is a different discussion) I will also nominate you guys as the most overachieving team this year. What Stoops has done the last half of the year since our game in Dallas has been masterful. And I really hate to say that. But every time you lost a part of your team he rebuilt you stronger than you were before. You are, at this moment, the best team in the Big 12. Enjoy Tempe.

olevetonahill
11/26/2006, 02:11 AM

Seriously, you guys won. You're the champs and you deserve to represent the South. While I enjoy some good smack talk, I can admit defeat and move on. I admire how your team fought through all the adversity this year. Showed heart. The OU/Nebraska game in KC should be a good one.
So whats new about that ?

badger
11/26/2006, 11:10 PM

It's basketball season for everyone except the Huskers and Sooners!

or possibly OSU. They probably think it's rasslin' season :D

Much kudos to Herr for showing up after a whorn loss. I will take this into consideration when creating your new sig and avatar after Saturday's game.

birddog
11/27/2006, 12:56 AM
i was hoping these whorn fellas would take a 1 year hiatus now that their season is over.

Herr Scholz
11/27/2006, 11:58 AM
Much kudos to Herr for showing up after a whorn loss. I will take this into consideration when creating your new sig and avatar after Saturday's game.
I'm picking OU to win this weekend, but who was the Husker chick in on that bet again?

birddog
7/21/2007, 01:51 PM
i really enjoyed this thread.

crimson&cream
7/22/2007, 12:16 PM
So you want to be embarrassed by Bosie St, about par for Texass.lol