PDA

View Full Version : OU! Better than a blowout!

LoyalFan
11/12/2006, 12:02 AM
So maybe we all dreamt of a slaughter, perhaps 75-13, but to shoot ourselves in the foot early and often, then reel off a wad of unanswered points, stop them virtually in their tracks in the second half...I liked that even better than a beatdown.
'Til the very end the Sand Aggies had hope...hope that was dashed in the closing moments. That, my friends, is TRUE PAYBACK.

LoyalFan
All a-chuckle with smug satisfaction!

8timechamps
11/12/2006, 12:20 AM
I never think about a blowout when it comes to Tech. There is a reason Stoops brought Leech to Norman, and he knows the guy can coach! I'm always happy for a win against them and A&M...if a blowout happens along the way, it's just that much better.

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 12:24 AM
Minor payback when Leach lost his coach's challenge before our last touchdown...Why he made that challenge I'll never know....

GrapevineSooner
11/12/2006, 12:27 AM
Even if he wins it, OU still gets a first and goal.

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 12:28 AM
Minor payback when Leach lost his coach's challenge before our last touchdown...Why he made that challenge I'll never know....
because it was across the field and they needed something good to happen for them

Soonerus
11/12/2006, 12:31 AM
because it was across the field and they needed something good to happen for them

I assume that was it but stadium replay was clear on the catch...just curious to me, I guess he was just desperate...

sanantoniosooner
11/12/2006, 12:35 AM
I assume that was it but stadium replay was clear on the catch...just curious to me, I guess he was just desperate...
from one camera angle it looked like he might have stepped out of bounds about 5 yards back.

I guess he was looking for whatever he could get.

StoopTroup
11/12/2006, 12:40 AM
Not better than a blowout...

But very sweet. :D

OklahomaRed
11/12/2006, 01:15 AM
What's even funnier, if Leach hadn't called that timeout at the end of the first half, it would have made our last second drive & touchdown thrown a little more iffy! Leach being greedy backfired on him. Sometime he "thinks" too much !! :D

BoomerSooner247
11/12/2006, 01:28 AM
it was an AWESOME game!!! i had so much fun and even lost my voice from screaming so loud. awesome revenge by letting them think they were going to to go into the half up by 2 TDs but nope think again... 1 TD at end of half then hole them back to them getting not a single point at the end. pretty good game for not having AP, but still a very good game even with all our fumbles and one interception. very fun night and screamed my heart out!!! BOOMER SOONER!!! next victim Baylor Bears!!!

stoopified
11/12/2006, 01:34 AM
So maybe we all dreamt of a slaughter, perhaps 75-13, but to shoot ourselves in the foot early and often, then reel off a wad of unanswered points, stop them virtually in their tracks in the second half...I liked that even better than a beatdown.
'Til the very end the Sand Aggies had hope...hope that was dashed in the closing moments. That, my friends, is TRUE PAYBACK.

LoyalFan
All a-chuckle with smug satisfaction!Amen.

oKOIhoma fan
11/13/2006, 10:50 AM
What's even funnier, if Leach hadn't called that timeout at the end of the first half, it would have made our last second drive & touchdown thrown a little more iffy! Leach being greedy backfired on him. Sometime he "thinks" too much !!
I agree. I don't think we win w/out that play. Great call!