PDA

View Full Version : How completely unaware of the world are people?

Frozen Sooner
11/10/2006, 07:46 PM
So today I was at the local Starbucks helping a friend study for Calc. As I normally do when I leave an establishment, I wander out to the car, start the engine, check my mirrors and blind spot, then start to back out.

Now, when I'm backed out, a guy across the aisle starts to back out as well. His path is taking him directly into me.

I honk to get his attention. Doesn't look around.
Honk again, a little longer. Doesn't look around.
Lay on the horn while putting the car in reverse to get the heck out of the way. That horn was blowing for at LEAST 10 seconds. GUY NEVER LOOKED AROUND ONCE.

What the hell? How do you not hear that? I'm not kidding-the guy never even glanced behind him while backing up. Do people just get to a certain age and just say "To hell with it. I'm backing up."?

Sooner_Bob
11/10/2006, 07:47 PM
Do people just get to a certain age and just say "To hell with it. I'm backing up."?

I'd say that's about right . . .

critical_phil
11/10/2006, 07:49 PM
I'd say that's about right . . .

yes.

and that age is 16.

mrowl
11/10/2006, 07:50 PM
that happened to me leaving the UPS store.

Guy never looked or stopped. He sent me a bill for his $400 tail-light. I told him to call USAA.

They ended up getting me some money for the VERY small scratch. I luv me some USAA. :D

Vaevictis
11/10/2006, 07:54 PM
Clearly a Republican. :D

Frozen Sooner
11/10/2006, 07:57 PM
Clearly a Republican. :D

Pshaw. He was backing out without thinking about the consequences. Obviously a cut-and-run Democrat. ;)

Why is it that the worst drivers I see always have handicapped plates? Is "Dumbass" a real handicap?

Vaevictis
11/10/2006, 08:08 PM
Bah, he was damned well going to go where he had decided to go, evidence that it was a bad idea and impending disaster be damned!

A Republican. I rest my case. ;)

GrapevineSooner
11/10/2006, 08:20 PM
My wife and I were at Wal-Mart and saw an elderly man crossing at one of the cross walks when an a-hole in a Jeep failed to stop and give him the right of way.

Geezer nearly pushed his cart right into the Jeep in disgust.

Sooner_Bob
11/10/2006, 08:37 PM
My wife and I were at Wal-Mart and saw an elderly man crossing at one of the cross walks when an a-hole in a Jeep failed to stop and give him the right of way.

Geezer nearly pushed his cart right into the Jeep in disgust.

The Wal-Mart parking lot is one of the funniest places in the world to just sit in your car and watch people . . . some of the stuff you can witness there is classic.

VeeJay
11/11/2006, 12:40 AM
The Wal-Mart parking lot is one of the funniest places in the world to just sit in your car and watch people . . . some of the stuff you can witness there is classic.

Heh. Never thought of doing that before.

StoopTroup
11/11/2006, 12:50 AM
Take a video camera...

Something worth getting is bound to happen...

AlbqSooner
11/11/2006, 07:07 AM
I want to get me a job as a Wal-Mart greeter when I retire. I won't last very long though.

"Holy carp lady! Mirrors are back in home furnishings. If you had any in your house you would not have come out looking like that!"

"Excuse me sir - pets are not allowed in Wal-Mart." "Your Grandkids??? Sorry about that."

I figure about 4-6 hours tops. Not enough to have my Wal-Mart 401K fully vested.

Jimminy Crimson
11/11/2006, 12:22 PM
So today I was at the local Starbucks helping a friend study for Calc.

Is she hot? ;)

Frozen Sooner
11/11/2006, 12:24 PM
Does the pope crap in the woods using Harry Potter books for toilet paper?

Jerk
11/11/2006, 12:27 PM
He sent me a bill for his $400 tail-light.

:D

Even the most sophisticated L.E.D. lights aren't that expensive. That must be some sort of new-fangled invention.

BeetDigger
11/11/2006, 12:29 PM
Every morning I walk my daughter down the street about 100 yards and then across the street to her school. And every morning we have people who come down our street at 30-40 mph trying to save a few seconds in getting their kid to school. Most of the kids are already at school, but us dads who are walking back home are in grave danger. First, that is about a $200 ticket, so I need to call the police and get them out here. A couple of tickets should slow folks down. Second, it's called an alarm clock. Set it for five minutes earlier and the problem is solved. No racing to get your kid to school on time.

Jerk
11/11/2006, 01:14 PM
Every morning I walk my daughter down the street about 100 yards and then across the street to her school. And every morning we have people who come down our street at 30-40 mph trying to save a few seconds in getting their kid to school. Most of the kids are already at school, but us dads who are walking back home are in grave danger. First, that is about a $200 ticket, so I need to call the police and get them out here. A couple of tickets should slow folks down. Second, it's called an alarm clock. Set it for five minutes earlier and the problem is solved. No racing to get your kid to school on time.

Speeding through a school zone has almost the same effect on your insurance that a DUI does.

Major pointage on your record.

proud gonzo
11/11/2006, 01:16 PM
Does the pope crap in the woods using Harry Potter books for toilet paper? I bet he used the page where Dumbledore dies first.

BillyBall
11/11/2006, 01:17 PM
And every morning we have people who come down our street at 30-40 mph trying to save a few seconds in getting their kid to school.

Sounds pretty rational to me

mrowl
11/11/2006, 01:19 PM
Even the most sophisticated L.E.D. lights aren't that expensive. That must be some sort of new-fangled invention.

it was a new Cadillac

OCUDad
11/11/2006, 01:27 PM
Do people just get to a certain age and just say "To hell with it. I'm backing up."?Excuse me, did you just say something?