PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love...

Melo
11/10/2006, 04:11 AM
With the second movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata in C Minor. :D

I've been up all night so far, and it doesn't look good for the future sleep department.

Curse you, Music Literature.

GP and GHP - HOW did you do this and stay halfway sane? I'm about ready to check myself into a mental institute.

SicEmBaylor
11/10/2006, 04:40 AM
http://www.shsu.edu/blinn/pol-degree.html

YWIA

Xstnlsooner
11/10/2006, 08:26 AM
Whose recording is it? I'll have to check it out.

Okla-homey
11/10/2006, 09:37 AM

and to think, he was deaf when he wrote it. :eek:

Fugue
11/10/2006, 10:39 AM
and to think, he was deaf when he wrote it. :eek:

think about the level of musical knowledge/skill it took to do this without being able to hear. It requires an absolute understanding of how notes sound and how they can be combined. Fantabulous.

Mjcpr
11/10/2006, 10:40 AM
I'm sure he had the best hearing aids available.

Melo
11/10/2006, 10:45 AM
Whose recording is it? I'll have to check it out.

Christina Ortiz

dolemitesooner
11/10/2006, 10:46 AM
your in lust

GottaHavePride
11/10/2006, 11:10 AM

I've been up all night so far, and it doesn't look good for the future sleep department.

Curse you, Music Literature.

GP and GHP - HOW did you do this and stay halfway sane? I'm about ready to check myself into a mental institute.

Who says I'm still sane? ;)

And as brillitant as I think Beethoven was, I've never been that crazy about the piano sonatas. I think it's because of the construction of the piano - every note starts with the same hammered attack and decays at pretty much the same rate, there's no variety to the note shapes. And that whole equal-temperament thing... it's just never quite in tune.

dolemitesooner
11/10/2006, 11:13 AM
Who says I'm still sane? ;)

And as brillitant as I think Beethoven was, I've never been that crazy about the piano sonatas. I think it's because of the construction of the piano - every note starts with the same hammered attack and decays at pretty much the same rate, there's no variety to the note shapes. And that whole equal-temperament thing... it's just never quite in tune.
WTF DO YOU KNOW JACKAOFFF