PDA

View Full Version : My 4 Favorite SEC Teams For The Rest Of The Year

TopDawg
11/10/2006, 12:30 AM
Florida
Auburn
Tennessee
LSU

Those are the teams I'm counting on to keep Texas out of the national title game. Of course if Florida wins out, then it doesn't much matter about the other 3. But I'd rather be able to rest easy when the SEC Championship rolls around.

If Tennessee and LSU can beat Arkansas, and if Florida and Auburn take care of business for their 3 remaining games, then we'll have Auburn and Florida in the SEC Championship. I have to think that if those two teams make it, the winner will be ranked higher than Texas in the final BCS poll.

The only thing better would be seeing Rutgers jump past the 'Horns.

TopDawg
11/10/2006, 12:32 AM
Then again, if Arkansas can beat both Tennessee and LSU, their computer rankings might jump up high enough to put them in a position to pass Texas if they were to beat Florida in the SEC Championship game.

Seeing the 'Hogs pass the 'Horns might be even better than seeing Rutgers do it.

TopDawg
11/10/2006, 12:50 AM
Heh. In the ESPN online poll right now, the question is "Will the Ohio State - Michigan winner go on to win the national title." Best I can tell, Texas and Arkansas are the only states who currently have more than 30% worth of "no" votes.

Octavian
11/10/2006, 01:01 AM
It'd be nice if Florida won out so we didn't have to pull for SUC, Notre Dame, or Tubby Tuberville

Octavian
11/10/2006, 01:02 AM
When it's all said and done, Gordon Riese may've screwed Texas more than Oklahoma.

Octavian
11/10/2006, 01:06 AM
Seeing the 'Hogs pass the 'Horns might be even better than seeing Rutgers do it.

Hornfans.com wouldn't make it to Christmas

TopDawg
11/10/2006, 01:12 AM
When it's all said and done, Gordon Riese may've screwed Texas more than Oklahoma.

The only redeeming value of that screw-job.

Fraggle145
11/10/2006, 03:04 AM
It'd be nice if Florida won out so we didn't have to pull for SUC, Notre Dame, or Tubby Tuberville

I for one am not rooting for Florida, they already have their NC from bball... on top of that they wear jean shorts (its true). How they are on top of Auburn (WHO BEAT THEM) is beyond me.

I am rooting for the piggies... I think they are the best team in the SEC right now. Darren McFadden is the real deal the best back in college who's name isn't AD. And they have depth at quarterback. They are playing a Tennessee team that is on a down turn because their quaterback is out, MSU - win, and LSU that should have lost to that same bad Tennessee team. Oh yeah they get them both at home.

Then UF in the SEC champ and florida has not been that impressive in the last two weeks (unimpressive vs a down UGA team and Vandy).

Go Piggies!! Go Scarlet Knights!! Hell, Go Michigan!! Go Cal!! anyone to keep Hook 'em and Suc out of the championship game.

:pop:

SoonerInFla
11/10/2006, 06:27 AM
I won't be rooting for Florida either. Seems to me this is the same bunch that comes around every so often trying to get their noses up our coaches *** wanting to know what in the world anybody would want to coach in Norman Oklahoma for when they could go to Gainesville. Sorry, not only do I hope they lose, I can't figure out what would be a better way for it to happen. Let's see, how about Spurrier and the cocks eliminate them right on their home field. That'd be cool but it might be better to watch FSU beat em with a diaper wearing coach and the crappiest team they've had in forever.Better yet, OSU barely beats Michigan and UM still has the number 2 spot in the final BCS. Not sure that's possible but it's the thought that counts.

I don't want to sound like the gators are on the same level of dung as texass.They still have some serious sniffin left to reach that level. Looks to me like the chances of texass dropping one between ATM and Nebraska in the CCG are pretty high.

OUster
11/10/2006, 10:02 AM
I hate the whorns probably more than the next guy as I am here in the middle of all that is Texsuks. But, I don't think the whorns going to the title game is that bad. It makes our one (1) real loss look good and everyone knows they are not going to repeat. The OSU will roll the whorns like they did in September. I am not rooting for the whorns and if by some miracle, a meteor struck their team bus I would not shed a tear, but I don't think them going the title game is that bad...if we have absolutely no shot at it.

TexasLidig8r
11/10/2006, 10:44 AM
As for Florida, their computer ranking is going to take a major hit when they play Division II Western Carolina (Sagarin has them ranked at 214!). Any gain they have this week by having Louisfraud fall behind them will be offset by this computer drop. They have Visor Boy, Sr. then FSU at FSU in what could be a "Let's Save Coach Bowden's Job Jihad game."

Arkiepigs have to lose twice to have Allbarn in the SEC champeenship game. Their two remaining tough games.. Tennessee and LSU. Tennessee is wounded, starting their second string QB and coming off a devastating loss.

Allbarn... is the BCS going to allow another Miami - Nebraska fiasco where a non-conference winning team plays for the whole enchilada? Don't think so.

USC has The Quackers, Cal, Neutered Dame and UCLA left.. will they run the gauntlet unscathed? Not THIS SC team.

Assuming Texas wins out, this week, they either stay a close 5th or jump to 4th in the BCS.. pass Florida when UF takes their hit in the computers when they play Western Carolina..

Meatchicken loses in the Shoe.. which leaves...

THE Ohio State University vs.... Your Defending National Champions.. The University of Texas Longhorns.

Greatness ensues! :D

OklahomaRed
11/10/2006, 10:49 AM
Why in the heck would the BCS give texass another chance at Ohio State, who has already soundly kicked their butts once this year? How many times in a year do you need to embarass somebody? I'd almost like to see that, just to see texass get their hats handed to them, again. :D

OSUAggie
11/10/2006, 11:32 AM
Then again, if Arkansas can beat both Tennessee and LSU, their computer rankings might jump up high enough to put them in a position to pass Texas if they were to beat Florida in the SEC Championship game.

The Clint Stoerner factor will set in at some point.

fadada1
11/10/2006, 11:37 AM
well, i'm rooting for UF since i gave the $25K for a degree i hardly use. but, i had fun there and it's a great place to go to school.

GO GATORS!!

Octavian
11/10/2006, 11:43 AM
I for one am not rooting for Florida, they already have their NC from bball... on top of that they wear jean shorts (its true). How they are on top of Auburn (WHO BEAT THEM) is beyond me.

I am rooting for the piggies... I think they are the best team in the SEC right now. Darren McFadden is the real deal the best back in college who's name isn't AD. And they have depth at quarterback. They are playing a Tennessee team that is on a down turn because their quaterback is out, MSU - win, and LSU that should have lost to that same bad Tennessee team. Oh yeah they get them both at home.

Then UF in the SEC champ and florida has not been that impressive in the last two weeks (unimpressive vs a down UGA team and Vandy).

Go Piggies!! Go Scarlet Knights!! Hell, Go Michigan!! Go Cal!! anyone to keep Hook 'em and Suc out of the championship game.

Florida has the best chance to hold off Texas in the computer rankings....a much better shot than Arky.

Rutgers is a non-factor in the national title picture...Michigan/Ohio St. will lose...Cal trails far behind in the BCS standings.

Florida playing for (or even winning two NCs) in two sports is a small price to pay prevent Texas from reaching the NCG.

*Florida playing for a football NC this year wouldn't be the same scholastic year as their basketball NC. Oklahoma would remain the only school to play for a football and basketball NC in the same year - not sure if that's why you don't Florida or not.

Octavian
11/10/2006, 11:50 AM
I hate the whorns probably more than the next guy as I am here in the middle of all that is Texsuks. But, I don't think the whorns going to the title game is that bad. It makes our one (1) real loss look good and everyone knows they are not going to repeat.

Back-to-back national title game appearances for Mack Brown and Texas is very bad for OU. Even if they lose.

Mack is already out-recruiting the rest of the country....he doesn't need any more ammo.

This weekend, lowly Illinois took Ohio St. down to the wire. This Buckeye team is good but no where near great and McCoy is a different player than he was two months ago...in a rematch (as most college football rematches go, the loser wins the 2nd round) Texas would have a really good chance to win the game.

Go Gators.

SoonerInKCMO
11/10/2006, 12:49 PM
Rutgers is a non-factor in the national title picture...Michigan/Ohio St. will lose...Cal trails far behind in the BCS standings.

Not so fast, my friend.

Rutgers' win moved them from 12 to 3 in Sagarin's ratings. According to Colley's 'play God' ( http://www.colleyrankings.com/playgod.html ) page, the win moves them from 7 to 3 in his ratings. Based on how individual games have affected the other ratings, they'd probably be in the 3-5 range for all of the rest of the BCS ones if they all updated today. The polls will probably hold them back this week... but seeing the computer rankings combined with a win over WVU might convince people to move 'em up enough to be a factor.

Maybe. I talk outta my *** a lot.

fadada1
11/10/2006, 12:56 PM
Mack is already out-recruiting the rest of the country....he doesn't need any more ammo.

and the more i listen to him talk, the more this amazes me. seriously, is there a bigger sounding used car salesman out there. he sounds EXACTLY like george w.

TopDawg
11/11/2006, 03:38 PM
Now switching to Florida and Arkansas.

GO GATORS AND HOGS!

StoopTroup
11/11/2006, 03:45 PM
If Texas went back to back this year...

It would be sweet knocking them off every year from here on out until Colt graduated.

OK2LA
11/11/2006, 04:10 PM
If Texas went back to back this year...

It would be sweet knocking them off every year from here on out until Colt graduated.

Not really sure I follow your logic here

If tejas repeats . . . ugh!

The way we were handled in Dallas this year - it doesn't look too good for us for the next couple of years - I wouldn't be counting all of those wins against tejas just yet.

As much as it pains me to say it - they are going to be good next year as well.

tommieharris91
11/11/2006, 04:18 PM
Cocks just took an early lead. 7-0 end of 1st.

TopDawg
11/12/2006, 11:21 AM
Guess I could've just pulled for K-State.

Thanks, TurboCats, for just ending all that speculation this week.

TopDawg
11/12/2006, 11:22 AM
The way we were handled in Dallas this year

I think you meant to say "The way he handed it to them in Dallas this year..."

Nothing about this year's Texas team makes me think we can't win against them next year.

Octavian
11/12/2006, 01:14 PM
:)

oklaclarinet
11/12/2006, 01:28 PM

Personally I don't wish Arkansas any success. Of course, I currently reside in SE Oklahoma where all the news right now is non-stop Arkansas is the greatest team ever. Then of course there are enough Arkansas fans down here to make things miserable every time they win a game. If we do wind up in the Cotton Bowl, I really want to play Arkansas so we can show them how football is played in Oklahoma.

TopDawg
11/12/2006, 08:12 PM
That last OU/Arkansas Cotton Bowl game was a thriller!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/12/2006, 08:16 PM
I don't want a thriller...I want total domination of whovere we play, wherever we play. Good games are for other teams on slow saturdays...My team needs to blow 'em out every game.

TopDawg
11/13/2006, 12:51 AM
I don't want a thriller

I was kidding. Do you remember that game? It was 10-3 with (I think) less than 300 total yards of offense COMBINED. I mean, I like a good defensive game more than the next guy, but < 300 yards of total offense is a little extreme.

Texas Golfer
11/13/2006, 01:30 AM
I could NEVER root for Auburn. NEVER!

TopDawg
11/13/2006, 09:18 AM
Ok.

Fraggle145
11/13/2006, 09:31 AM
I hate UF because UGA is my second team... and they did us all a favor and knocked off Auburn. I'd rather have the Hogs go to the championship from the SEC. I hate most of the other teams. LSU-Hate, UF-Hate, Auburn-Hate, etc..

It doesnt look like UF has a chance to get there anyway now. The real problem now is SuC and ND. I want Suc to lose to Cal and then beat ND. Then either Rutgers, Ark, or Mich/OSU loser gets a shot at the title

TopDawg
11/13/2006, 06:31 PM
Some of you people have way too much hate in your life...and you're spreading it around too much.

It should all be directed at Texas, Miami and Notre Dame. Maybe a little at USC.

Octavian
11/13/2006, 06:32 PM
It should all be directed at Texas, Miami and Notre Dame. Maybe a little at USC.

why do you love LSU?

msbsooner
11/13/2006, 07:35 PM
Please and I say please do not cheer for LSU whatever is at stake. I live in Baton Rouge and what a bunch of fair weather obnoxious rude **** talking fans they have here. I have never seen a school that wants to fire their coach and talk smack about their team the way they do here after a few losses. They act like they have been a power house for the last 20 years and now because they lose a little they want to bash their own team. I will never cheer for these souther idiotic morons. You would have to be here to see what I am talking about.

TopDawg
11/14/2006, 01:01 AM
LSU's not good enough to hate.

Crucifax Autumn
11/14/2006, 01:03 AM
Well, I'd agree with fans wanting to fire that particular classless coach, but I don't like 'em either!