PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!

LoyalFan
11/9/2006, 11:53 PM
Whatta game! Dem Scarlet Varlets are somethin' else.
Nice to see a team in red come from 18 down to win.
The bad news: This may help the hated Whorns re the BCS.
Still...WOW!!!

LF

MamaMia
11/10/2006, 07:33 AM
That was a good game. :D

soonerkaufmanII
11/10/2006, 07:44 AM
Rutgers looked strong, but i think Louisville was overrated.

BIG_IKE
11/10/2006, 09:30 AM
In all reality...Louisville SHOULD have beat them by 40 points. Louisville did'nt have the heart and Rutgers did.

Actually, Petrino was thoroughly outcoached.
Rutgers Special Teams and Offensive Units are the worst I have ever seen on a Top 25 team. But the defense played their buts off and the offense scraped up enough points to win.

I chalk this up to coaching.

Not to take anything away from the Scarlet Knights though. They are 9-0, and projected to meet Wake Forest in the Orange Bowl...imagine that?!

Last night was good for the Whorns unfortunately..but more importantly it was good for College Football. Quite entertaining.

Jason White's Third Knee
11/10/2006, 09:42 AM
I've seen Rutgers 3 times this year. They are a tough team. I still think we'd roll them, but I think we'd roll anybody. And yeah, Louisville is overrated.... big time.

OklahomaRed
11/10/2006, 09:50 AM
The Big East is overrated top to bottom. :twinkies:

Europasooner
11/10/2006, 10:05 AM
Neither of those are top ten teams. They are having a good year and have all the attention from the east coast media. They would get rolled by any team in the top ten.

The hype got built up on Louisville because of their early season win over Miami, but we all, now, know that Miami is Miami in name only. They are not even close to being a good football team.

dougsooner
11/10/2006, 10:53 AM
Good call Europa. Everyone is saying what a good game this was, I say bull. W. Virg., Louisville and Rutgers are just all overrated and they played no one non conf. so they built good win totals. OU would roll all 3 of them. All 3 should be ranked no higher than 24th or so. The current polls are a joke. If Louisville only drops to about 10, which I'm sure they will, it will make the polls look even more silly. That game last night was like watching 2 high school teams and nothing more.

Boomer.....
11/10/2006, 12:11 PM
That was a good game. Louisville's defense is HORRIBLE. They did absolutley nothing in the second half.

footballfanatic
11/10/2006, 12:24 PM
Good call Europa. Everyone is saying what a good game this was, I say bull. W. Virg., Louisville and Rutgers are just all overrated and they played no one non conf. so they built good win totals. OU would roll all 3 of them. All 3 should be ranked no higher than 24th or so. The current polls are a joke. If Louisville only drops to about 10, which I'm sure they will, it will make the polls look even more silly. That game last night was like watching 2 high school teams and nothing more.

Agree. The system is the most broken in all of sports. No other sport would tolerate such a ridiculous arrangement. Everyone should play the same number of games. Everyone should have to win their conference. All the conference winners should compete in a playoff system. How complicated is that?

bigtom98
11/10/2006, 12:53 PM
How are they over rated everybody always talks about how weak they are. If anything, they're underrated. They have a very good non-conference record, even with some pretty weak bottom teams. I think the SEC is the most overrated conference. Everybody talk about how tough they are, but they only have one good non-conference win (Vols vs. Cal). I think that whole conference is very overrated because they have impressive names. Florida, Arkansas, and Auburn have done nothing to prove that they're better than Rutgers.

The Big East is a BCS confenence and if Rutgers goes undefeated, they have earned the right to play for the title.

LiteCOL
11/10/2006, 05:25 PM
Agree with previous posts, not the two best teams in the nation, but it was a fun game to watch. Epitomizes everything good about college football.

I have not seen Rutgers play previously, and one thing that that stood out was the way their players handled success. Score a TD, hand the ball to a ref, sack the QB, get up and celebrate a little with your team, tackle for a loss, same deal. Great comments about team work, and team after the game. They are well coached, and have a ton of heart. I hope they win out (and damned sure hope texas loses this week or versus AtM).