PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holtz Pimping Cal...

Blue
11/9/2006, 11:29 PM
What the fuuuuuuuck.......?

SoonerTerry
11/10/2006, 07:01 AM
What the fuuuuuuuck.......?
???

King Crimson
11/10/2006, 08:24 AM
I saw Granny Clampett working that one...they got worked by Tennessee....

OUDoc
11/10/2006, 09:19 AM
Lou Holtz Pimping Cal...
How would you know? You can actually understand what he says? ;)

TUSooner
11/10/2006, 09:32 AM
Every time I see Lou Holtz I recall Bill Walsh referring to him as a whiny brat. Sometimes Lou says smart stuff anyway, but this is not one of those times.

USuC will beat Cal. So the question is whether USuC will win out and move into the MNC pic. In that regard, Lou's co-tool Mark May has more chance of being right by touting USuC.

dougsooner
11/10/2006, 10:55 AM
Lou = Mark May = idiots. I can't believe espn can't find better people to put on the air....

fadada1
11/10/2006, 11:42 AM
seriously, he needs to take the retainer out before he goes on the air. and when he gets excited, it really does sound like giberish.

i feel sorry for the microphone... all that slobber that ends up on it.

Paris of Troy
11/10/2006, 12:02 PM
Every time I see Lou Holtz I recall Bill Walsh referring to him as a whiny brat. Sometimes Lou says smart stuff anyway, but this is not one of those times.

USuC will beat Cal. So the question is whether USuC will win out and move into the MNC pic. In that regard, Lou's co-tool Mark May has more chance of being right by touting USuC.

As an SC fan, let me say that Cal is clearly the better team right now.

Now, Cal has a history of choking big games, and USC might finally take a step up in performance (long overdue), but the smart money is with Cal right now.

TheLadiesMike
11/10/2006, 12:08 PM
For those that don't know, they asked who deserves to be in the championship game since Louisville is no longer #3 and undefeated, and OSU/Michigan will knock on of the other off. Lou Holtz said Cal is the best 1 loss team in the country.

The Maestro
11/10/2006, 12:14 PM
The point is you can argue for all the one loss teams, including the soon to be loser of Ohio State-Michigan. One of those teams will have a win over a top ten team and their only loss to one of the top two teams in the country.

Texas only loss is Ohio State.

Florida loses at Auburn.

Auburn falls to Arky.

Cal loses opener at Tennessee and then runs table.

USC could claim off week, but wins over Arky at Arky, Cal and Notre Dame.

The point is this...I don't see how you can claim one "one loss" team over another. They all have their arguments. That's why I just say screw it and give Rutgers a shot if they pull it off. If they run the table they will have two wins over top 10 teams. Who else can say that? And the Big East is much better than the ACC this year...ranked better, right now, then the Big 12. The Big 10 is the Big 2. The Pac 10 is the Pac 2 as well.

It's been a down year, talent wise, in college football. I say give Cinderella a chance. Let Rutgers be George Mason. No one thought they were one of the best four college hoops teams last year, but they made it that far.

picasso
11/10/2006, 12:21 PM
As an SC fan, let me say that Cal is clearly the better team right now.

Now, Cal has a history of choking big games, and USC might finally take a step up in performance (long overdue), but the smart money is with Cal right now.
Cal is seriously playing better ball that USC right now? Geez, I need to watch more games. Been lazy this year.