PDA

View Full Version : The SINGLE thing that should help us recruit for '08:

The Consumate Showman
11/9/2006, 08:26 PM
I just got to thinking, no one has mentioned this little factoid on any of the boards (I say that, maybe it's been put up on the football board), but there is one thing that OU shares with three other college football teams in the NCAA:

We have the YOUNGEST football roster in America!

We share this with only Ole Miss and Minnesota...now you decide where you would rather play if you were a recruit...

This should be an exciting next 4-5 years in the OU program because as fans, it is my contention that Jason and his prolific passing attack spoiled a lot of OU fans...Having said that, I strongly believe that our losses and struggles can be directly linked to our youthfulness across the team...

Look at our O-Line. 4 sophomores, a junior, senior and two freshman seeing legit time right now and I might add, dominating; our DB's and Saefties are all young, we lose NONE off of this year's team that start...that in itself should be exciting.

Anyway, with recruits like Justin Johnson and his buddies out of East Texas basically on their way to Norman, I think these next few years should be ones of great excitement in our program.

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/9/2006, 09:11 PM
Justin Johnson is maybe a for sure thing?

BASSooner
11/9/2006, 11:34 PM
Stoops should definately win Coach of the year of we have one of the youngest teams in America. I can't wait to see these guys obliterate teams in the near future in a couple of years.

The Consumate Showman
11/10/2006, 10:06 AM
Justin Johnson is maybe a for sure thing?

Umm, how can I put this? Well, let's say this about Mr. Johnson and his friends that attend with him...when they come to Norman, they are no longer seen as "visitors".

I think this game will make his 3rd or 4th game attended this year alone...and he says that he wants to commit early in the year for '08 and help whatever school he goes to get some good recruits along with him...........:pop:

8timechamps
11/10/2006, 07:58 PM
I would think that the QB recruiting could benefit the most from our young roster.

Almost a lock for playing early.

Desert Sapper
11/13/2006, 01:24 PM
I would think that the QB recruiting could benefit the most from our young roster.

Almost a lock for playing early.

This sort of begs the question of why we haven't locked somebody up for this class yet. What's the hold up?

BASSooner
11/13/2006, 02:18 PM
This sort of begs the question of why we haven't locked somebody up for this class yet. What's the hold up?
First off, we are trying to get Brantley, a UT commit. Second, we are being VERY selective on which juco we're going to offer. Heupel is looking at an estimate of about 6 right now. More than likely, the juco that commits will start next year. I think we will end up getting Zach Lee.

snp
11/14/2006, 03:47 PM
We aren't getting Brantly.

landrun
11/15/2006, 01:19 PM
Or Zach Lee... :O

I wonder who we're going after. :pop:

starrca23
11/15/2006, 03:33 PM
Well, I've been working out and I've only been out of high school for 10 yrs. Maybe Bob will give me a call.