PDA

View Full Version : Turnpike notes for today

Jerk
11/9/2006, 06:46 PM
I finally heard Cash's NIN cover song on 104.5 FM. How awesome is that? And, btw, I am a huge OKC fan and Tulsa basher, but T Town has got us beat on quality radio stations in a bad way - you'll never hear a tune like that on OKC radio. Although, I have been staying away from 97.5 lately. All they can play are 80's hair bands and Hinder. God, they love Hinder. WHY?

On the other end of the spectrum (or is it rectum?) I heard a song by the Dave Mathews Band called "Celestial" or some such. It's the gayest thing I've ever heard. In fact, it's so gay, I thought it was a Cold Play song and turned it off after the gay dude started singing.

Other Turnpike notes:

-Don't throw a lit cigerette in the back of your RV while going down the road.

-If you have a blow-out...don't panic and hit the brakes hard. Just steer the car onto the shoulder. The one on the right, not the left one, and certainly not into the wall like I saw today.

-If you lose a spare fuse, the Highway Patrol will certainly help you try and find it at the toll booth in Stroud. They even have a dog to help them! How cool is that? Must be a pain, though, to put the entire car back together when they're done.

-I have recovered from the disaster on Tuesday. In fact, it took me much longer to over-come the loss to OSU in 2001. I hate those basterds and I hope they burn in Hell, don't you??

Thanks for your time.

proud gonzo
11/9/2006, 07:19 PM
you should see the video for the song (http://www.losthighwayrecords.com/e/cash11403.html)--directed by Mark Romanek (who did One Hour Photo w/ Robin Williams. And a lot of music videos http://www.markromanek.com/videos.html)

Rhino
11/9/2006, 09:15 PM
I finally heard Cash's NIN cover song on 104.5 FM. How awesome is that? And, btw, I am a huge OKC fan and Tulsa basher, but T Town has got us beat on quality radio stations in a bad way - you'll never hear a tune like that on OKC radio. I'll agree that Tulsa has better radio, but it isn't like you have to try very hard to beat OKC radio. And Cash's cover of "Hurt" was all over the radio in OKC back when it came out.

Someday I'll post the quote about Hinder ****-talking my website in an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine.

CORNholio
11/10/2006, 01:06 AM
I believe Hinder is from OKC so maybe thats why they are all over them.

Boomer.....
11/10/2006, 12:38 PM
I believe Hinder is from OKC so maybe thats why they are all over them.
They are from Oklahoma, but I thought it was a small town. They play them WAY too much, is what he is saying.

bri
11/10/2006, 12:42 PM
Every once in a while, the Edge will play Hinder, and I'm like "What the f*ck? Is KMOD's signal bleeding over?"

Last week I was in the car during a "Two-For Tuesday". The DJ said, "Coming up, double shots from AC/DC, Hinder, and Bon Jovi..." I just stared at my radio and wondered, "How the hell do you play a double shot from Hinder? Are they gonna play 'Lips Of An Angel' twice?"

yermom
11/10/2006, 12:46 PM
they overplayed Get Stoned before they overplayed Lips of an Angel here ;)

so what was the **** talk to Rolling Stone? that sounds good :D

BigRedJed
11/10/2006, 12:47 PM
105.3 The Spy (RIP), for a brief, glorious moment, was one of the best-programmed indie-leaning stations in the country. I would compare the programming to KCRW. It was a surprising experiment for a corporate radio conglomerate, and neither the Buzz in OKC or Tulsa's 104.5 ever got a sniff of its greatness.

Alas, they were doomed by a crappy signal, suits that were too quick to pull the trigger, and a legion of radio listeners content to listen to whatever crap major labels want to shovel their direction.

Before they signed off, Hurt was a regular part of their rotation.

BigRedJed
11/10/2006, 12:54 PM
And, BTW, Tulsa's radio isn't "better" than OKC's radio. It just sucks slightly less. It's like comparing the bottom two football teams in the Sun Belt conference.

bri
11/10/2006, 12:57 PM
No, the Edge's new "everything alternative" format + 91.3 = actual goodness.

LilSooner
11/10/2006, 01:14 PM
On tuesday I saw this white trash couple try to put their broke down POS on the back of a trailer with 2x4's!!!! I so which I could have been there 20 min later after they tried to push that thing up there and those 2x4 break would have broke in two would have been priceless.

I hate Hinder, and Rhino really needs to post the excerpt from the Rolling Stone. It's pretty awesome too bad it didn't make the issue.

IB4OU2
11/10/2006, 02:44 PM
ColdPlay's not ghey!.....:mad: but even if they were I'd still like their music...

Sooner_Bob
11/10/2006, 03:06 PM
No, the Edge's new "everything alternative" format + 91.3 = actual goodness.

I really wish I could pick up the Edge when I'm in my office . . . for some reason the only Tulsa station I can get is KMOD.:(

the-boulder
11/10/2006, 03:26 PM
I have to agree that the Edge is by far the best radio station on terrestrial radio. I I prefer Sirius to anything free, but I don't take my sat radio into the office.

The Edge has played played the Dead Kennedys -Holiday in Cambodia- several times. That's saying something.........

Sooner_Bob
11/10/2006, 03:57 PM
I have to agree that the Edge is by far the best radio station on terrestrial radio. I I prefer Sirius to anything free, but I don't take my sat radio into the office.

The Edge has played played the Dead Kennedys -Holiday in Cambodia- several times. That's saying something.........

My Sirius receiver stopped working on me the other day . . . :mad:

BeetDigger
11/10/2006, 04:05 PM
My Sirius receiver stopped working on me the other day . . . :mad:

Why were you wearing it?

:texan:

BigRedJed
11/10/2006, 04:08 PM
I have to agree that the Edge is by far the best radio station on terrestrial radio in the state of Oklahoma...
Fixed.

King Crimson
11/10/2006, 04:15 PM
it's saying something that they;ve played it numerous times (DK: Cambodia). samo samo. welcome to being a demographic.

if they were rotating with "let's lynch the landlord"....then i'd be impressed.

ultimatesooner1
11/10/2006, 05:04 PM
I wanna see this quote as well