PDA

View Full Version : Why do Jews vote so heavily in favor of Democrats?

Widescreen
11/9/2006, 05:15 PM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3325529,00.html

87%? That's amazing. It must be that the Israel issue just isn't that big of a deal to them because, frankly, conservatives are WAY more supportive of Israel than liberals. Take a look at any leftist-organized march in you'll find the most anti-semitic posters and slogans since WWII. The left (particularly the far-left) is almost totally aligned with the Palestinians.

jk the sooner fan
11/9/2006, 05:16 PM
because they're a minority?

SoonerInKCMO
11/9/2006, 05:23 PM
Because, on average, they are way more educated than the average American?

:pop:

mrowl
11/9/2006, 05:30 PM
Borats answer on this issue would be genius.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 05:32 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/9932/boratnarrowweb300x4950gr7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
In my country, there is problem...

Harry Beanbag
11/9/2006, 05:34 PM
It really doesn't make much sense for a number of reasons.

royalfan5
11/9/2006, 05:35 PM
Maybe there is a mistrust of evangelicals?

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 05:37 PM
Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.

Harry Beanbag
11/9/2006, 05:39 PM
Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.

What's a freeper?

Chuck Bao
11/9/2006, 05:41 PM
Their biggest sport is making fun of christians.

Jesus Christ, we are insensitive if we try to deprive them of that.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 05:42 PM
Most of the Jews I've known partition their Jewish identity away from their secular identity pretty emphatically. They don't go to the polls as a Jew; they go to the polls as a New Yorker, an Ohioan, etc.

But that's just my experience.

But, even if they wanted to go to the polls as a Jew, the choice is between the Democrats who are largely secular (yeah, they have an anti-semetic element), and the Republicans who are largely Christian (who, if you've paid any attention at all, have an anti-semetic element also. It used to be a very large one. And the Jewish people in general have a very, very long memory.)

KaiserSooner
11/9/2006, 05:43 PM
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3325529,00.html

87%? That's amazing. It must be that the Israel issue just isn't that big of a deal to them because, frankly, conservatives are WAY more supportive of Israel than liberals.

Historically, that hasn't been the case. The conservative support of Israel is a relatively recent thing, and it's largely through the growing influence of Christian fundamentalism and the neo-conservatives (whose roots are liberal and Democratic) within the GOP.

If you go back to the founding yrs of Israel in the late 1940s, the liberals were very much the proactive ones in foreign policy in terms of spreading democracy, self determination, etc., whereas the conservatives of that time were quite isolationist.

n8v_ndn
11/9/2006, 05:45 PM
What's a freeper?
Freeper

Someone who believes:
1) that GWBush is infallible, and every action he has done has made the United States better, stronger, and more fair;
2) that racism in America has been defeated, and everything would be all right if 'those damn darkies would just get off their lazy asses, quit welfare, and get a job for a change';
3) that peace can be obtained only by saturation-bombing all the civilian population centers around the world, especially in the Middle East;
4) that Dubya is actually a competent and intelligent leader, and even won all 3 debates;
5) that God wanted the United states to be a Christian nation, and that Bush is the second coming of Christ, and that true Christians act towards the destruction of civilization, since Christ in Bush is here and the Rapture must be brought about;
6) and finally, that all of this is logical and well-reasoned.

So... www.freeperfans.com = www.soonerfans.com ?? :confused:

:D

King Crimson
11/9/2006, 06:05 PM
Historically, that hasn't been the case. The conservative support of Israel is a relatively recent thing, and it's largely through the growing influence of Christian fundamentalism and the neo-conservatives (whose roots are liberal and Democratic) within the GOP.

If you go back to the founding yrs of Israel in the late 1940s, the liberals were very much the proactive ones in foreign policy in terms of spreading democracy, self determination, etc., whereas the conservatives of that time were quite isolationist.

that's right.

Widescreen
11/9/2006, 06:23 PM

Thank you for a well-reasoned response. Unlike post #8 which may as well have been posted in a completely different thread.

MamaMia
11/9/2006, 06:34 PM
Because the Republicans are always saying "This country was founded upon the principals of Christianity", and they aren't Christians.

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 06:39 PM
Thank you for a well-reasoned response. Unlike post #8 which may as well have been posted in a completely different thread.

Tossing out hyperbole and charges of anti-semitism is a bit off base. Just take a look at what happened to John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt after they published essay "The Israel Lobby". Two well respected realists who are as far from the left as you can be and they were hammered with the same baseless accusations. It is sickening, anyone who comes down on Israel for its poor record on human rights, spying on the US, and its disregard for the NPT are charged with anti-semitism and its old hat.

SoonerBorn68
11/9/2006, 06:51 PM
Anti-semitic, you gotta be sh*ttin' me]. I realize this election has sent the little green footballers and freepers into a tizzy, but claims of anti-semitism and victories for AQ are about some of the most ignorant bovine scatology I've ever heard.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81156

We'll wait.

Jerk
11/9/2006, 06:52 PM
I dunno. I always kind of figured them hawt gun-toting Israel chicks were good Republicans!

http://clarityandresolve.com/idfGirlM4.jpg

Octavian
11/9/2006, 06:56 PM
b/c 'pubs could never keep kosher

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 07:01 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81156

We'll wait.

What in the hell does a few hundred loons have to do with anything? Again, for the slow of wit, blankets charges of anti-semitism by the likes of David Horowitz, neocons, et al. is retarded. You can be critical of Israel, the GWOT, and foolish interventionist foreign policy and not be an anti-semite. In fact you can even be a conservative realist and not be an anti-semite. I know some people find that hard to get through their skulls, but it is the truth...just look at me.

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 07:03 PM
I don't get why they killed Jesus. :D

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 07:05 PM
I don't get why they killed Jesus. :D

DING DING DING DING DING!

We have a winner.

Boarder
11/9/2006, 07:09 PM
I don't get why anyone would be prejudice against Jewish people. I just have never understood that.

In Borat, there are several people who say stuff about the Jews (other than Borat obviously making fun) and I'm like, "Why? Why do people feel that way?"
One guy said something abou the Jews' hands in our pockets...stuff like that.

I just don't get it at all and I guess I never will.

royalfan5
11/9/2006, 07:35 PM
I don't get why anyone would be prejudice against Jewish people. I just have never understood that.

In Borat, there are several people who say stuff about the Jews (other than Borat obviously making fun) and I'm like, "Why? Why do people feel that way?"
One guy said something abou the Jews' hands in our pockets...stuff like that.

I just don't get it at all and I guess I never will.
Because the Jewish made up the merchant class in a lot of areas, and never had any religous restrictions on usury. People often mistrusted moneylenders, and merchants because of fear of being took. I think that is the source of a lot of the resentment. Same thing goes on with the Chinese in Africa.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 07:39 PM
There's also that whole, "They killed our Lord and Saviour" excuse that a lot of anti-Semetic Christians use as a pretense.

(More so in the past than present. My great-grandmother was one of them, apparently.)

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 07:40 PM
WASHINGTON, May 24 /U.S. Newswire/ -- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi addressed the American Israel Public Affairs Committee at their 2005 Policy Conference last night. Pelosi discussed the relationship between the United States and Israel and the continued effort for peace between Israelis and Palestinians. Below are her remarks:

"Thank you, Amy Friedkin, my dear friend for so many years. Californians, North and South, are proud of your great leadership at AIPAC. And to Bernice Manocherian, President of AIPAC, thank you. All who care about peace in the Middle East are grateful for your strength and wisdom in guiding AIPAC. As a native of Baltimore, I take special pride of your incoming President, Howard Friedman, who will continue in the tradition of outstanding leadership at AIPAC.

"I also want to acknowledge all of the students who are here. It is great to see so many young people taking such an interest in public affairs, especially on one of the critical issues of our time: peace in the Middle East.

"This spring, I was in Israel as part of a congressional trip that also took us to Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, and Iraq. One of the most powerful experiences was taking a helicopter toward Gaza, over the path of the security fence. We set down in a field that belonged to a local kibbutz. It was a cool but sunny day, and the field was starting to bloom with mustard. Mustard is a crop that grows in California, and it felt at that moment as if I were home.

"And then we were told that the reason we had to land in that field, as opposed to our actual destination, was because there had been an infiltration that morning, and they weren't sure how secure the area was. And that point alone brought us back to the daily reality of Israel: even moments of peace and beauty are haunted by the specter of violence.

"While in Israel, we met with Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and Vice Premier Shimon Perez. From them and from other leaders, we heard something I had not heard in a long time: cautious optimism. This was an attitude quite different from the one that confronted us when I spoke to AIPAC two years ago.

"One thing, however is unchanged: America's commitment to the safety and security of the State of Israel is unwavering. America and Israel share an unbreakable bond: in peace and war; and in prosperity and in hardship.

"Prime Minister Sharon's leadership of Israel at this crucial time has been remarkable. He has brought Israel through an extremely challenging period, and now he has made the difficult decision that it is in Israel's national security interest to disengage from Gaza.

"In the next few months, Israeli settlers will be evacuated entirely from Gaza and from four settlements in the northern West Bank. This courageous decision is gut-wrenching for Israel.

"Israel's decision can be a decisive milestone on the road to peace. If the Palestinians agree to coordinate with Israel on the evacuation, establish the rule of law, and demonstrate a capacity to govern, the world may be convinced that finally there is a real partner for peace.

"Any progress on the Roadmap for Peace must be based on real change on the ground, as evidenced by the establishment of an accountable, and reconstituted Palestinian security force that prevents terrorism, not promotes it.

"Fortunately, Palestinian Authority President Abbas is no Yasir Arafat. He has condemned terrorism in Arabic, stating that it prolongs the day that the Palestinian goal of statehood can be achieved, and, at least as significant, stating that terrorism is immoral. He has begun to restructure the security services. All that is commendable.

"But he has not removed Arafat's corrupt cronies from positions of power, nor has he moved to dismantle the terrorist infrastructure. That is, I am sorry to say, cause for concern. President Abbas has said his goal is to establish the rule of law, but he has done nowhere near enough to realize that vision, and now he is confronted with a huge challenge: by the end of summer, Israel will be out of Gaza.

"Can Gaza become a pilot case for self-government for a Palestinian state? Or will it become a terrorist haven, a launching pad for rockets into Israel?

"President Abbas must act, for his own good, against those he must know are his enemies and are the enemies of the aspirations of the Palestinian people.

"The United States, just as Israel, wants to see him succeed. That is why I was so pleased when President Bush dispatched Jim Wolfensohn to help with the Gaza withdrawal. It is why I supported additional aid to the Palestinians in the Emergency Supplemental bill that recently passed Congress.

"There are those who contend that the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is all about Israel's occupation of the West Bank and Gaza. This is absolute nonsense. In truth, the history of the conflict is not over occupation, and never has been: it is over the fundamental right of Israel to exist.

"The greatest threat to Israel's right to exist, with the prospect of devastating violence, now comes from Iran. For too long, leaders of both political parties in the United States have not done nearly enough to confront the Russians and the Chinese, who have supplied Iran as it has plowed ahead with its nuclear and missile technology.

"Proliferation represents a clear threat to Israel and to America. It must be confronted by an international coalition against proliferation, with a commitment and a coalition every bit as strong as our commitment to the war against terror.

"The people of Israel long for peace and are willing to make the sacrifices to achieve it. We hope that peace and security come soon - and that this moment of opportunity is not lost. As Israel continues to take risks for peace, she will have no friend more steadfast that the United States.

"In the words of Isaiah, we will make ourselves to Israel 'as hiding places from the winds and shelters from the tempests; as rivers of water in dry places; as shadows of a great rock in a weary land.'

"The United States will stand with Israel now and forever. Now and forever."

This is from a speech Nancy Pelosi gave at AIPAC in 2005. Guess it shoots down a few stupid theories in this thread.

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, and I think Pelosi is a turd.

opksooner
11/9/2006, 08:00 PM
Because the Jewish made up the merchant class in a lot of areas, and never had any religous restrictions on usury. People often mistrusted moneylenders, and merchants because of fear of being took.
Almost right but no cigar.
In the middle ages Jews were restricted from being tradesmen and forbidden to enter the professions. The only trade allowed to them was moneylending, precisely because it was a hated "profession". [cf, Shylock in Merchant of Venice]

Of course, when the rulers saw that they became successful at it, they were expelled from the country and their wealth was taken from them. Later, they would be welcomed back when the rulers botched it up. This cycle was to be repeated many times during the course of history.

Scott D
11/9/2006, 08:03 PM
a peoples perceived as a minority, not necessarily sharing a perceived 'wasp' viewpoint...consider me shocked ;)

royalfan5
11/9/2006, 08:05 PM
Almost right but no cigar.
In the middle ages Jews were restricted from being tradesmen and forbidden to enter the professions. The only trade allowed to them was moneylending, precisely because it was a hated "profession". [cf, Shylock in Merchant of Venice]

Of course, when the rulers saw that they became successful at it, they were expelled from the country and their wealth was taken from them. Later, they would be welcomed back when the rulers botched it up. This cycle was to be repeated many times during the course of history.
The Merchant part has a lot to do with modern times though, especially with Jewish/African-American conflicts.

tbl
11/9/2006, 08:13 PM
Anti-semitism in this day and age makes no sense though (frankly I can't understand it in any age, but whatever). I can't remember the last time I had a Jew money lender rip me off, nor anybody I've ever known.

These dumb rednecks REALLY have nothing to be anti-semitic about. All they know is what the klan has taught them.

Also, any believer that would claim "the Jews killed Jesus, and therefore deserve scorn and ridicule" would have to ignore some of the key doctrines of Scripture (namely the atonement). Jesus gave His life willingly, and it was determined in eternity past that God would impute our sins on His son on the cross. The Jews and Romans were the chosen vessels by which the Son of God would be killed, but ultimately it was Gods judgment of Him on the cross that provided the sacrifice for sin.

Every book of the Bible with the exception of Luke & Acts were written by Jews. They also claim to worship not only a Jew, but their King!!! Anti-semitism by Christians has no basis in Scripture. None.

KaiserSooner
11/9/2006, 08:22 PM
What in the hell does a few hundred loons have to do with anything? Again, for the slow of wit, blankets charges of anti-semitism by the likes of David Horowitz, neocons, et al. is retarded. You can be critical of Israel, the GWOT, and foolish interventionist foreign policy and not be an anti-semite. In fact you can even be a conservative realist and not be an anti-semite. I know some people find that hard to get through their skulls, but it is the truth...just look at me.

Very true. I also get very frustrated when criticism of Israel is immediately branded as anti-semitism.

KaiserSooner
11/9/2006, 08:27 PM
Because the Jewish made up the merchant class in a lot of areas, and never had any religous restrictions on usury. People often mistrusted moneylenders, and merchants because of fear of being took. I think that is the source of a lot of the resentment. Same thing goes on with the Chinese in Africa.

True, but I think you've left out an important aspect....that Jews, wherever they lived in Europe and Eurasia were always considered outsiders and foreigners to the society and culture of wherever they were living. Jews were the foreigners, thus the first ones to be blamed for the ills of society. Germany and Russia are the biggest examples of this, but it ocurred wherever they lived.

Widescreen
11/9/2006, 08:32 PM
Despite that fact that you like to portray yourself as some kind of pseudo-intellectual, if you don't understand that the left is politically aligned with the Palestianians, you're in denial (apparently about a lot of things).

KaiserSooner
11/9/2006, 08:33 PM
This is from a speech Nancy Pelosi gave at AIPAC in 2005. Guess it shoots down a few stupid theories in this thread.

Yeah, clearly the Democrats aren't anti-semitic. At this point, I'd say the main diffierence between Democrats (as well as conservatives) and the Bush Administration is that the former doesn't belive Israel should be givena blank check. That alone has done more damage to American standing in the Middle East than just about anything else.

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 08:39 PM
O.j. simpson, not a jew
But guess who is? hall of famer rod carew- he converted
We got ann landers and her sister dear abby
Harrison fords a quarter jewish- not too shabby

Some people think that ebenezer scrooge is
Well hes not, but guess who is
All three stooges
So many jews are in showbiz
Tom cruise isnt, but I heard his agent is

opksooner
11/9/2006, 08:44 PM
Despite that fact that you like to portray yourself as some kind of pseudo-intellectual, if you don't understand that the left is politically aligned with the Palestianians, you're in denial (apparently about a lot of things).
The "left" that you refer to above is the "far left" of the Democratic Party.

I'm sure there are radical elements of the "far right" of the Republican Party that are just as out of step.

The spectrum of politics, even of a movement within a party, is quite broad. Painting with a broad brush splashes paint over everybody.

Boarder
11/9/2006, 08:47 PM
I think it's the redneck anti-Jewish that confuses me the most. It's like they just hate them because they heard it somewhere and went, "Hey, that's sounds good...I'll hate them"

Jerk
11/9/2006, 08:48 PM
I dunno the answer to this question.

Jews are like anyone else - they have their liberals and conservatives. Support of Israel has been bi-partisan effort, except for a few nut-balls on the far left and far right. I can't understand why Jews favor liberalism by big majorities...must be something within their culture or something they perceive, like the far right being more of a threat to them.

I grew up in a very conservative/Christian family, and we have never had nothing but admiration and respect for Jews. We still see them as God's people and remember what Paul taught in Romans. Jesus was a Jew, and a Rabbi. It's just that "the right" can't escape being linked to some very crappy things done to Jews in the past- like the Jews getting kicked out of England around the 15th century. Then you have people falsely teach that Hitler's holocaust was some sort of Christian crusade, which it was not- it was rooted in Nordic paganism among other things. Jews have also been murdered by the far left, especially in Eastern Europe and Russia during the first half of the 20th century....but modern day liberals don't get stuck with that blame like conservatives get stuck with the blame for the holocaust. (and liberals shouldn't be blamed, but conservatives shouldn't be linked to nazism like they so often are)

One thing they can't say is that Republicans haven't stuck our necks out for Israel. Conservative college students don't travel there to stand in front of bulldozers or attend pro-palestinian rallies in San Francisco.

Much of the Christian Right was very unhappy about Bush's dealings with Israel in the summer of 2005 - when we made them give up land.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 08:49 PM

The far left is politically aligned, sure. The more center left realizes that the Palestinians do have a legitimate beef -- even if the way they express it is crappy.

And the more liberal Jews often realize this as well.

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 08:53 PM
that's the problem with any left the Palestinians have no legitimate beef.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 09:03 PM
So a UN resolution says, "You know what? That's not your country any more. Move out." Then a bunch of people come in and move you out.

And you think that no legitimate beef can be had from that?

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2006, 09:07 PM

Amazing how things change.

Octavian
11/9/2006, 09:08 PM
So a UN resolution says, "You know what? That's not your country any more. Move out." Then a bunch of people come in and move you out.

you didn't know usmc loves and totally agrees w/ everything associated w/ the UN? ;)

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 09:12 PM

what if the UN (who is full of your enemies)says Vae get out of your house and let someone else move in.

yeah they got a beef just not a good one.

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 09:14 PM

Dude, I don't try to portray myself as anything.

Apparently the speech by Pelosi was a ringing endorsement of a two-state deal. I find it quite humorous that you talk about denial when the raging liberal bitch da jour gives a speech to AIPAC and you come back with barbs that that the "left" is aligned with the Palestinians. You gotta be kiddin' me.

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 09:15 PM
you didn't know usmc loves and totally agrees w/ everything associated w/ the UN? ;)

seriously, does anybody? It's corrupt and were hanging in there only because we need to be politcally correct.

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2006, 09:16 PM
Speaking of the UN and Jews, UN resolution 3379 is my all time favorite...

Passed in 1975, resolution 3379 stated that Zionism to be a form of racism and racial discrimination. http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1068517,00.html

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2006, 09:18 PM
Dude, I don't try to portray myself as anything.

Apparently the speech by Pelosi was a ringing endorsement of a two-state deal. I find it quite humorous that you talk about denial when the raging liberal bitch da jour gives a speech to AIPAC and you come back with barbs that that the "left" is aligned with the Palestinians. You gotta be kiddin' me.

You cannot be serious. Really.

opksooner
11/9/2006, 09:20 PM
Jews are like anyone else - they have their liberals and conservatives. Support of Israel has been bi-partisan effort, except for a few nut-balls on the far left and far right. I can't understand why Jews favor liberalism by big majorities...must be something within their culture or something they perceive, like the far right being more of a threat to them.
It definitively is something within the culture. Social justice is one of the underpinnings of Judaism ( "Thou shalt not stand by thy brother's blood....") and the Democratic Party has in the past been perceived as being on that side of things, "the party of the "underdog", the "common man", yada yada yada.

Politics is much more complicated than that now.

1stTimeCaller
11/9/2006, 09:22 PM

This post is funny. Very funny. For those of you that don't know, Vae Victis means 'Woe to the Conquered'.

I'll probably get the story wrong as it's been a few years since I heard Dr. Fears tell it but basically the Romans had been beaten, bad. This is long before their rise in power. The conquering nation told them that they would sell them their city/state back for x pounds of gold. The Romans began putting their gold on the conqueror's scales. The scales were rigged so that it took many more times the amount of gold to register the agreed upon amount. When the Romans complained the conquerors told them,' Vae Victis.' The Romans never forgot.

Octavian
11/9/2006, 09:22 PM
seriously, does anybody?

not that I've ever met ;)

It's corrupt and were hanging in there only because we need to be politcally correct.

agreed.

I was just keedin w/ ya on Vae's point about the UN and the Palestinian people.

The UN has a long and proud history of standing idly by while bad **** goes down, but in the Palestinian case, it was the cause of all the bad **** that went down.

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2006, 09:23 PM
Its never made sense to me, since pubz like lower taxes and all.

;)

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 09:33 PM
This post is funny. Very funny. For those of you that don't know, Vae Victis means 'Woe to the Conquered'.

Yeah, the irony is amusing. :)

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 09:34 PM
You cannot be serious. Really.

Yeah really. Why don't you link me to one of your blogs that totes out the Democratic party line where it supports the rights of a contiguous Palestinian state, that states it support of UN 181, or even the right to engage in free commerce. Why don't link up some pictures of Harry Reid, Barak Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, Dick Durbin, or any fookin' "donk" wearing a kefiya a slingin' stones at the IDF.

OklahomaTuba
11/9/2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah really. Why don't you link me to one of your blogs that totes out the Democratic party line where it supports the rights of a contiguous Palestinian state, that states it support of UN 181, or even the right to engage in free commerce. Why don't link up some pictures of Harry Reid, Barak Obama, Sheila Jackson Lee, Dick Durbin, or any fookin' "donk" wearing a kefiya a slingin' stones at the IDF.

I thought you were talking about the far-left, not the Democratic party????

Anyway, I wonder if any of those people you mentioned would consider Hezbollah or Hamas a terrorist organization?? I would hope they would, and very publically if they have not.

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 09:54 PM
I thought you were talking about the far-left, not the Democratic party????

Anyway, I wonder if any of those people you mentioned would consider Hezbollah or Hamas a terrorist organization?? I would hope they would, and very publically if they have not.

Ah now, don't be gettin' all flip-floppy on me Tuba. The asinine thread title had "Democrats" in it. As others have noted, both sides have their collection of Jew haters and baiters, it should be no surprise. There seems to be some implication that the Democrats are gonna flip and let the Jewish state be Sbarroed into the eastern Mediterranean. Don't think that is gonna happen guy, no matter what the nutballs at Little Green Footballs and Frontpage tell ya.

1stTimeCaller
11/9/2006, 09:59 PM
I consider Ron's hamburgers a terrorist organization. I had the sausage chili cheeseburger and cheese fries for lunch. The cheese has been battling the chili sausage burger in my stomach all day. The chili is about to beat the cheese.

mrowl
11/9/2006, 10:03 PM
Why do Jews vote so heavily in favor of Democrats?

Because a republican, Rick Perry, think they are going to hell?

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/110606dnTSWperry.351c57c.html

SoonerProphet
11/9/2006, 10:06 PM

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/110606dnTSWperry.351c57c.html

Good old Good Hair, he never disapoints.

SoonerSid
11/9/2006, 10:10 PM
Democrats are very well respected in Europe, much more than that of the republicans, and part of this has spilled over into the Jewish community. Hence not the war mongers the republicans tend to paint a picture of.. actually its a no brainer.. from a country that has been at war since the beginning of Man..

Jerk
11/9/2006, 10:13 PM
Democrats are very well respected in Europe, much more than that of the republicans, and part of this has spilled over into the Jewish community. Hence not the war mongers the republicans tend to paint a picture of.. actually its a no brainer.. from a country that has been at war since the beginning of Man..

That's nice. From a continent that has had three genocides in 1 century. They sure know they way.

1stTimeCaller
11/9/2006, 10:17 PM
That's nice. From a continent that has had three genocides in 1 century. They sure know they way.

so what you're saying is that the genocides in Europe happen as frequently as ut wins NCs? (about once every 35 years)

;)

Jerk
11/9/2006, 10:20 PM
so what you're saying is that the genocides in Europe happen as frequently as ut wins NCs? (about once every 35 years)

;)

LOL! Yes, something like that.

Aside from our past sin in slavery, I think our 225 year old constitutional republic has done quiet well compared to Europe. I say we keep what we have, and let those who love Europe so much move there.

Octavian
11/9/2006, 10:21 PM

In his sermon, Mr. Hagee exhorted the congregation to fight moral weakness, to vote for religious people and oppose same-sex marriage.

"Quit acting like a Bible-thumping wimp," he said.

He added: "God is the Supreme Court," prompting applause from the governor.

that's scary.

Jerk
11/9/2006, 10:23 PM
I always call Hagee "HELLFIRE HAGEE" around other Christians...

Interesting some of the wierd looks I get.

SoonerSid
11/9/2006, 10:24 PM

Aside from our past sin in slavery, I think our 225 year old constitutional republic has done quiet well compared to Europe. I say we keep what we have, and let those who love Europe so much move there.
yep I agree, and every last immigrant needs to pay rent too..;)

Jerk
11/9/2006, 10:27 PM
yep I agree, and every last immigrant needs to pay rent too..;)

"Vaevictis!"

I learn something new everyday!

usmc-sooner
11/9/2006, 10:29 PM

Pussies have always been respected over there, note the ones over here that have gotten excited about the elections, they fit the europeon mode.

Jerk
11/9/2006, 10:34 PM
Pussies have always been respected over there, note the ones over here that have gotten excited about the elections, they fit the europeon mode.

And to think we had to bail those Euros out 2 times last century and then protect them for another 40 years from the Russian Horde. Now THEY are the enlightened and superior ones? fk that sht.

Eurotrash should be thanking us everyday for the Marshal Plan.

Europe has never and will never do anything like the Marshal Plan for us.

Vaevictis
11/9/2006, 10:36 PM
"Vaevictis!"

I learn something new everyday!

Yeah, but I bet you don't know how to pronounce it ;)

Chuck Bao
11/9/2006, 10:53 PM
Speaking of new vocabulary words...Learn Yiddish with George and Laura

http://www.vidlit.com/gandl/

slickdawg
11/9/2006, 10:55 PM
Jesus was a republican, that's why.

royalfan5
11/9/2006, 10:58 PM
If Jesus was a Republican why did he ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey?

opksooner
11/9/2006, 11:08 PM
Nah, he was a Democrat. "Love thy neighbor", ya know.

slickdawg
11/9/2006, 11:10 PM
If Jesus was a Republican why did he ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey?

The Donkey was subserviant to him.

OklahomaTuba
11/10/2006, 10:04 AM
that's scary.

Whys that?

God is the Supreme Court of everything.

Sam Spade
11/10/2006, 02:22 PM

Not to nit pick, but leaving out the genocide of the Indians is a bit egregious.

crawfish
11/10/2006, 02:33 PM
that's scary.

Why is that particular quote scary?

OklahomaTuba
11/10/2006, 03:00 PM
Why is that particular quote scary?

Its ironic coming from him, to say the least.

But maybe thats the "white Christian male" coming out in me. ;)

1stTimeCaller
11/10/2006, 03:32 PM
Its ironic coming from him, to say the least.

But maybe thats the "white Christian male" coming out in me. ;)

You're a dude????

;)

OklahomaTuba
11/10/2006, 03:37 PM
DON"T LABEL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!