PDA

View Full Version : I think I figured out why I haven't been feeling right lately

royalfan5
11/9/2006, 01:38 PM
I reviewed my diet, and concluded I have been getting way too much salt. Apparently when you get lazy about cooking, things tend to go to hell with your diet.

frankensooner
11/9/2006, 02:22 PM
Would you please step aside and let the deers get at the salt-lick? ;)

tbl
11/9/2006, 02:28 PM
Unless we're eating primarily fresh foods, the salt intake in our diets is horrible. All fast food, canned food, etc is just LOADED with it. I've been thinking about relooking at this issue for my own diet... though I probably won't do a thing about it.

sanantoniosooner
11/9/2006, 02:30 PM
my triglycerides are a little high.

tbl
11/9/2006, 02:32 PM
So are two of my cousins...

King Crimson
11/9/2006, 02:50 PM
there are people who are way overboard about fear of salt.....but it truly is amazing how much sodium is in most canned goods to tbl's point above. even, the fancy pants "health store" brand pasta sauce or canned whole tomatoes have 9-19% or your daily % in a ridiculously small "serving". and forget things like fast food or Campbells soups---it's crazy. Campbells labels should read "Salt soup with Chicken and Noodle" etc. "Salt soup with Tomato broth"....etc.

i think most everyone should buy Kosher salt or good unrefined sea salt (easy to get) and use it cooking....but not be afraid if you pay attention to what you are eating.

crawfish
11/9/2006, 03:04 PM

Pull your pants up.

sanantoniosooner
11/9/2006, 03:18 PM
Pull your pants up.
I'm about to file a restraining order on you.