PDA

View Full Version : I am the Cotton Bowl and I am STUPID!!1

RedStripe
11/9/2006, 11:42 AM
The 71st AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic is scheduled for Monday, January 1, 2007, at 10:40 a.m. CST.

Why in God's name do they have this game so early? I really hope we don't go bowling in Dallas.

http://www.attcottonbowl.com/fans_guide/general.php

IronSooner
11/9/2006, 11:44 AM
To prevent any illicit partying by game attendees the night before.

TUSooner
11/9/2006, 11:45 AM
At last look, a couple of Sports Illustrated doods had us playing LSU in Dallas.
If so , we dang well better beat those guys or my life as a Sooner in NuWallyans will really suck.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
11/9/2006, 11:52 AM
At last look, a couple of Sports Illustrated doods had us playing LSU in Dallas.
If so , we dang well better beat those guys or my life as a Sooner in NuWallyans will really suck.

:les: I F***ING HATE LSU and moLESter!!!!!!!

Boomer.....
11/9/2006, 11:53 AM
Even more of a reason to play in the Gator Bowl.

King Crimson
11/9/2006, 11:56 AM
no love for LSU from me after the 03 Sugar Bowl. and Les is a mongoloid.

tbl
11/9/2006, 12:01 PM
If we play them, we absolutely have to win. My mother-in-laws entire family are a bunch of LSU chumpskies. It was unbearable after 03, and I would LOVE the opportunity to even the score. I've also been pretty open about my opinions of Les, but of course the LSU fanbase is right in line with his mentality. They love the guy...

BoomerJack
11/9/2006, 01:22 PM
"..the LSU fanbase is right in line with his mentality. They love the guy..."

As long as he's winning football games, they'll continue to love him. Wait unitl a couple of back to back 5 or 6 loss seasons and they'll start treating him like a rented mule.

stoopified
11/9/2006, 01:23 PM
If we play them, we absolutely have to win. My mother-in-laws entire family are a bunch of LSU chumpskies. It was unbearable after 03, and I would LOVE the opportunity to even the score. I've also been pretty open about my opinions of Les, but of course the LSU fanbase is right in line with his mentality. They love the guy...Me too but I would like to get UO back in the Holliday Bowl and B!tch-slap them.

TUSooner
11/9/2006, 01:33 PM
Me too but I would like to get UO back in the Holliday Bowl and B!tch-slap them.

That would be fun.
~~~
As much as I hate LoudStupidU, I believe Les has been unable to ruin them this season. They are pretty darn good, especially on D; and their QB is a hoss as well. Their loss to Auburn was unlucky; the come-back win vs Tennessee is more an indicator of how good they can be. OU would be praiseworthy indeed if we beat LSU to end the season.

TheUnnamedSooner
11/9/2006, 02:26 PM
at least it's 40 minutes later than last time

BoonesFarmSooner
11/9/2006, 02:39 PM
Thanks to our steller Big 12 Commissioner and their network/bowl deals that they negotiate!

F U Weiberg!

King Crimson
11/9/2006, 03:13 PM
That would be fun.
~~~
As much as I hate LoudStupidU, I believe Les has been unable to ruin them this season. They are pretty darn good, especially on D; and their QB is a hoss as well. Their loss to Auburn was unlucky; the come-back win vs Tennessee is more an indicator of how good they can be. OU would be praiseworthy indeed if we beat LSU to end the season.

I could see us with about 70 yards total O against LSU without a big BIG performance from ENA.

AllAboutThe'O'
11/9/2006, 11:37 PM
Why in God's name do they have this game so early? I really hope we don't go bowling in Dallas.

http://www.attcottonbowl.com/fans_guide/general.php
It's because the SEC does not want bowls involving its teams to go head-to-head at or around the same time. They also have a tie-in to the Capital One Bowl, which starts at noon, or roughly after the first half of the Cotton Bowl has already been played. It's not a Big XII rule or a Cotton Bowl rule, it's more of an SEC rule than anything else.

batonrougesooner
11/10/2006, 10:21 AM
I would love it if we played LSU for reasons which should be obvious.