PDA

View Full Version : Questions about your backfield next year

footballfanatic
11/8/2006, 05:27 PM
Who do you think has the best chance of starting at QB next year?

Who do you think will be the primary running back?

Who is Stoops courting for QB, either recruit or transfer?

Boomer.....
11/8/2006, 05:40 PM
Someone who is not on campus.

Alan Patrick

BOOMERBRADLEY
11/8/2006, 05:43 PM
We may just get John Brantley from UT, but who knows?

I think the RB's share carries next season

David Earl
11/8/2006, 05:44 PM
We are switching to a completely empty backfield next season. On every snap the center will simply take a knee. We're counting on our defense scoring a LOT of points.

sooneron
11/8/2006, 05:46 PM
I don't see us getting Brantley at this point.

Patrick will start, but he may be challenged.

Bourbon St Sooner
11/8/2006, 05:53 PM
We can't even figure out who is in our backfield this season.

swardboy
11/8/2006, 06:10 PM
Ask me after spring practice, ok?

MarylandSooner
11/8/2006, 06:11 PM
A player to be named later.

Adrian Peterson!

I know selfish on my part.

starrca23
11/8/2006, 06:13 PM
Consumate Showman always has the inside scoop wait for his post. The QB situation is totally unsure. But Alan Patrick and a freshman named Murray should do the bulk of the carrying next year.

achiro
11/8/2006, 06:31 PM
I don't see us getting Brantley at this point.

Why not? You know he's seeing what's going on with McCoy.

snp
11/8/2006, 07:29 PM
Why not? You know he's seeing what's going on with McCoy.

Because if you've followed the process, you'd know we stand about a 1% chance to land him. He's not taking a visit to OU, he wants to RS, him and his dad love UT and Mack, he's a man of his word, yadda yadda yadda. Take your pick, but he's not coming here.

goingoneight
11/8/2006, 09:59 PM
Guys, Brantley is good, but not great IMHO. I don't think you want another fence-sitter recruit (cough, Bomar!) choosing OU over UT because the "oppurtunity." There is some damn good talent out there that would be thrilled to just shake hands with Bob Stoops. I really don't like playing tug-of-war with someone considering Tejas. I know, I know... AD this, Malcom Kelly that... but haven't we learned OUr lesson?

I got a feeling Sam Bradford is OUr guy. He's good in the pocket and throws well on the run, he's a good student, a charitable person, noted as a great leader and a multi-talented athlete. Joey Halzle, the guy just seems like he's wearing sand bags on his ankles when he's got to run. NTM him and Bomar were head to head in the spring game... doesn't say much for either of them.

RBs will all share time with eachother to make up for the loss of AD and that all-day endurance of his. Unless we have a Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson-caliber guy really take off, look for OU to play about three like OSU, and UT do this year and like we did in 2003.

Designated starting RB: you have to go with your dependable veteran... and that's AP.

achiro
11/8/2006, 11:42 PM
Because if you've followed the process,Please forgive me oh all knowing recruiter guy!;) A lot has happened in the last couple of months. He may not end up here, fine, but at this point there is no reason for him NOT to look at OU. We shall see. All I know for sure is that Stoops and crew should be able to get someone good with everything thats going on.

snp
11/8/2006, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk with that. But we are pretty much out of the running for Brantley. I just wish more people would come visit our recruiting forum. It's such a lonley place :(

And there is one reason for him not to come here, which I mentioned in my post: He wants to redshirt and here at OU, he might be starting as a freshman.

stoopified
11/9/2006, 12:01 AM
Ir he redshirts at UT he will be waiting for McCoy to graduate or get hurt before he starts a single game.Barring injury Colt is the UT pony.

TrophyCollector
11/9/2006, 12:24 AM
Based on past history (Heupel, White, Hybl, Thompson, Peterson, Griffin) - it'll probably be 2 or 3 very good players and possibly a Heisman candidate.

footballfanatic
11/9/2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean to be a jerk with that. But we are pretty much out of the running for Brantley. I just wish more people would come visit our recruiting forum. It's such a lonley place :(

And there is one reason for him not to come here, which I mentioned in my post: He wants to redshirt and here at OU, he might be starting as a freshman.

There's no reason to consider yourself out of the running for Brantley. Players are jumping around left and right. Brantley was probably told the job was his for the long term -- that was before McCoy performed. No one, most of all the Texas staff expected McCoy to do so well. There is a wide open door at OU QB. He may want to come. There is also talk here about Snead leaving.

flopshotjoe99
11/9/2006, 01:51 PM
Jonathan Chiles from Mansfield Summit is rethinking his verbal to UT.

Egeo
11/9/2006, 02:08 PM
I got a feeling Sam Bradford is OUr guy. He's good in the pocket and throws well on the run, he's a good student, a charitable person, noted as a great leader and a multi-talented athlete. Joey Halzle, the guy just seems like he's wearing sand bags on his ankles when he's got to run. NTM him and Bomar were head to head in the spring game... doesn't say much for either of them.

halzle wasnt nearly as good as bomar was in the spring...
id like to see the qb job go to someone who is already on campus

if we start a true frosh or a fresh juco we'll probably be in trouble offensively because we already have talented players familiar with our offense here...

Blitzkrieg
11/9/2006, 02:33 PM
Can we send Heupel to nip/tuck and fake 4 more years of eligibility?

starrca23
11/9/2006, 02:38 PM
I'll donate money for the Heupel idea.

MiccoMacey
11/9/2006, 03:12 PM
I'd hate to hand the reigns over to a true freshman. Do you really want a true freshman taking us into the RRS next year?

I'd rather have someone who's been in our system at least a year.

That leaves Halzle and Bradford.

King Crimson
11/9/2006, 03:15 PM
I'll donate money for the Heupel idea.

nothing against ENA, but i was kind of thinking that after the last Aggie FG last week....maybe Heupel could take a set of downs for us here....

SoonerLB
11/9/2006, 03:18 PM
I'd hate to hand the reigns over to a true freshman. Do you really want a true freshman taking us into the RRS next year?

I'd rather have someone who's been in our system at least a year.

That leaves Halzle and Bradford.

Why a year in the system? It shouldn't take anyone long to learn "hand-off, hand-off, flare pass" should it? ;)

I'm kidding, well sort of anyway! ;)

MiccoMacey
11/9/2006, 03:26 PM
Hand offs can be tricky. ;)