PDA

View Full Version : KU kicks Giles to the curb

Rhino
11/8/2006, 01:26 PM
Okay, I dragged her across the floor. But I didn't hit her, dammit. She's lying!

See ya, C.J. (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/ncaa/11/07/bc.bkc.kansas.giles.ap/index.html/)
Five days after reinstatement, Giles booted by Kansas
Posted: Tuesday November 7, 2006 5:04PM; Updated: Tuesday November 7, 2006 6:41PM

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) -- Kansas forward C.J. Giles was dismissed from the team Tuesday after a student reported Giles had dragged her from his apartment by her feet and hit her.

University police ticketed Giles on Monday night for misdemeanor battery, and he was given a notice to appear in municipal court on the battery charge. Giles was not taken into custody.

In dismissing Giles from the team, coach Bill Self noted Giles' "pattern of irresponsible behavior and disrespect for team rules."

Giles had been reinstated to the team last week but was told he would not be allowed to play in any games this semester. Self announced Oct. 17 that the 6-foot-11 junior would be barred from practice until he resolved "personal issues," which included but were not limited to poor academic performance.

At the time, Giles had an appearance pending in Douglas County District Court on allegations of owing $4,097 in child support to the mother of his 1-year-old son. A judge later postponed the hearing to Jan. 8, 2007.

Giles admitted to police that he dragged the woman across the floor, the report says, but denied hitting her in the head. The report listed the woman's injuries as minor.

In a university statement, the woman was described as a former girlfriend who refused to leave Giles' apartment.

"We are not now making a judgment about guilt or innocence regarding this incident," Self said in the statement. "But this is yet another example of C.J. putting himself in a situation in which negative things can happen. C.J. was well aware of the consequences of another lapse in judgment."

Giles started 13 of 33 games last year, averaging 6.2 points and 4.8 rebounds.

skycat
11/8/2006, 03:17 PM
The story doesn't really get to the heart of the matter. He had been previously "suspended indefinitely" for being a deadbeat dad. Then Sasha got hurt, and suddenly Giles was deserving of a second chance. Less than a week later Giles "didn't hit" a girl in his room.

Nice.

King Crimson
11/8/2006, 03:25 PM
even if Giles were to be re-instated i doubt he'd get the 9 fouls per game Kaun gets in conference play. :mad: :rolleyes:

william_brasky
11/8/2006, 08:36 PM
a Jayhawk friend of mine told me that Giles was trying to get the ho outta his crib, because his girlfriend was about to show up. the ho wouldn't go, so he drug her *** outta there.

99 problems and a bitch ain't one. Not for Giles.