PDA

View Full Version : I will not forgive the Dims for engineering the election in Texas and Florida...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:14 PM
In TX D22 (my district) Sekula-Gibbs wins the special election (w/ 62% of the vote) to replace Delay with name on the ballot, but the DIMS go to court and prevents Sekula-Gibbs name on the ballot for the next term, forcing a write-in campaign. She loses to Lampson (51.2 - 41.7) Where is the will of the district?

In FL, the prevent Foley's name from be taken off the ballot - go to court for that one as well. The repubs lose by 1%. Is this the will of the district?

I will not forget how desperate the DIMS were to make sure they had every advantage possible. Like the South remembering the Repub carpet baggers after the Civil War, I will remember the DIMS for a long time on this...

kramer9802
11/8/2006, 12:19 PM
I think it is only right that Democrats get those seats, considering they are replacing to "scumbag" Republicans. One is a pervert and the other is a freaking crook. It is funny how many closet gay-republicans there are lately, it is always the ones doing the bashing that are the closet fags.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/8/2006, 12:22 PM
Democrates was an awesome philosophizer.

Howzit
11/8/2006, 12:24 PM
I've got too much on my Plato today.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:24 PM
Why is it right that the DIMS get the seats?

What is right is that the election was presented in a fair manner and then if they win, so be it.

Your reply is not only ignorant, but asinine.

EDIT: Oh and kramer, unless you live in TX22 or FL16 Shut the **** UP!!!

Oh and BTW, I'm not in much of a mood today...Not chicken little, the sky isn't falling. Just not real pleased with the direction the country seems heading...

Howzit
11/8/2006, 12:27 PM
Why is it right that the DIMS get the seats?

What is right is that the election was presented in a fair manner and then if they win, so be it.

Your reply is not only ignorant, but Assinine.

Don't recognize the name, but he HAD to be Greek.

Newbomb Turk
11/8/2006, 12:29 PM
Your reply is not only ignorant, but asinine.

not nice to post about BSG like that.

homerSimpsonsBrain
11/8/2006, 12:30 PM
Mr. Bri... Paging Mr. Bri. Pick up the white courtesy phone

SoonerProphet
11/8/2006, 12:31 PM
yeah, f*ck gerrymandering.

TopDawg
11/8/2006, 12:33 PM
"The will of the people" eh?

Now you know what Democrats felt like in 2000. ;)

Funny that Florida is involved again.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:33 PM
Yep, except if its done through the state legislature according to the census and the federal laws...

DIMS did it for 50 years, the repubs had a go at it as well...

sanantoniosooner
11/8/2006, 12:34 PM
yeah, f*ck gerrymandering.
Didn't republicans invent this?

I am one BTW.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:35 PM
"The will of the people" eh?

Now you know what Democrats felt like in 2000. ;)

Funny that Florida is involved again.

Difference here, the election laws WERE followed. Votes were counted according to procedure and laws. Just becuase it was close and was for the other party, then the will of the people still spoke. However, I contend the will of the people was not allowed to be shown in TX 22 or FL 16.

kramer9802
11/8/2006, 12:36 PM
So HumanAlphabet are you into teenage Senate pages too?

Its ok if you never forgive dems for this election, none of us will ever forgive Bush for Florida 2000, Iraq, torture, 9/11 (on his watch), Abu-grab-***, phone-tapping, never finding Bin Laden, weapons of mass destruction that were made up...this list goes on and on

mdklatt
11/8/2006, 12:37 PM
In TX D22 (my district) Sekula-Gibbs wins the special election (w/ 62% of the vote) to replace Delay with name on the ballot, but the DIMS go to court and prevents Sekula-Gibbs name on the ballot for the next term, forcing a write-in campaign. She loses to Lampson (51.2 - 41.7) Where is the will of the district?

In FL, the prevent Foley's name from be taken off the ballot - go to court for that one as well. The repubs lose by 1%. Is this the will of the district?

It sounds like the problem is with pubz too stupid to figure out how to do a write-in ballot, not dimz.

mdklatt
11/8/2006, 12:39 PM
Not chicken little, the sky isn't falling. Just not real pleased with the direction the country seems heading...

Just admit it, you hate America. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

bri
11/8/2006, 12:40 PM
Mr. Bri... Paging Mr. Bri. Pick up the white courtesy phone

I would, but I'm too busy watching the show. :pop:

DANCE, MONKEY, DANCE!!!! :D

Widescreen
11/8/2006, 12:45 PM

Its ok if you never forgive dems for this election, none of us will ever forgive Bush for Florida 2000, Iraq, torture, 9/11 (on his watch), Abu-grab-***, phone-tapping, never finding Bin Laden, weapons of mass destruction that were made up...this list goes on and on
Thanks for stopping by, Miss Pelosi.

Mongo
11/8/2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks for stopping by, Miss Pelosi.

That is Miss Speaker of the House Pelosi to you peon!!!:D :D

Rhino
11/8/2006, 12:49 PM
I can't believe the Dims made Delay launder that money and Foley send those sexual messages to an underage page.

DAMN THEM!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:51 PM

Yeah, send me a PM and we can hook up!

Like Bush had ANYTHING to do with those...and if you say he does, then he should get a medal for Abu-Garaib!!!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:52 PM
It sounds like the problem is with pubz too stupid to figure out how to do a write-in ballot, not dimz.

Somewhat - sadly - you may be right...

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:53 PM
Just admit it, you hate America. LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Never said that and would never say that. I have been around the world enough to be very happy with what we have. I will just work hard and vote well next time around...

mdklatt
11/8/2006, 12:53 PM
Like Bush had ANYTHING to do with those

He's the president--does he have any ****ing responsibility for anything?

kramer9802
11/8/2006, 12:55 PM
Bush can say and do anything and these hardcore Reps will just be like "thats just George being George".

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:55 PM
I can't believe the Dims made Delay launder that money and Foley send those sexual messages to an underage page.

DAMN THEM!

The irony of the whole thing is that I would NOT have voted for Delay. I voted for someone else in the repub primary and I WAS going to vote Liberatian in the main election. The thing that upset me is that we didn't have a fair choice in TX22 because the dims went to court to fight to keep DELAY ON the ballot.

kramer9802
11/8/2006, 12:57 PM
Like Bush had ANYTHING to do with those...and if you say he does, then he should get a medal for Abu-Garaib!!!

A medal for torture?!?!? Ask John McCain what it is like to be tortured and see if he thinks we should be torturing anyone.

NormanPride
11/8/2006, 12:58 PM
It's a cheap tactic in a long line of cheap tactics by both sides. I can understand the anger, and it's warranted. However, don't blame all the Democrats for the actions of a few asshats. Besides, Florida politics is more messed up than Days of Our Lives. :D

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 12:59 PM
He's the president--does he have any ****ing responsibility for anything?

Let me be brief - NO!

Like anything he did had anything to do with the FL ballots being close. Like he gave an order for low level soldiers to take pictures in a prison and make those people be naked and pile on...Like Bush had anything to do with Katrina, yeah, he forced the storm onto New Orleans and he forced the levees built YEARS ago to fail, like he caused the LA levee board to squander the money they had and choose to build to a force 3 hurricane and tell the Corps that is what they wanted to do...I could go on.

kramer9802
11/8/2006, 01:00 PM
Let me be brief - NO!

Like anything he did had anything to do with the FL ballots being close. Like he gave an order for low level soldiers to take pictures in a prison and make those people be naked and pile on...Like Bush had anything to do with Katrina, yeah, he forced the storm onto New Orleans and he forced the levees built YEARS ago to fail, like he caused the LA levee board to squander the money they had and choose to build to a force 3 hurricane and tell the Corps that is what they wanted to do...I could go on.

If this had been Clinton, He would have been impeached five times by now!

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 01:00 PM
A medal for torture?!?!? Ask John McCain what it is like to be tortured and see if he thinks we should be torturing anyone.

Dont be so high and mighty. The only difference between now and then is we now have instant press and a press that relishes in the destruction of the U.S.

Vaevictis
11/8/2006, 01:01 PM
Didn't republicans invent this?

The Jeffersonian Democratic Republicans, yeah.

Not the same thing as the current Republican party at all.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 01:01 PM
It's a cheap tactic in a long line of cheap tactics by both sides. I can understand the anger, and it's warranted. However, don't blame all the Democrats for the actions of a few asshats. Besides, Florida politics is more messed up than Days of Our Lives. :D

I can agree on that.

Vaevictis
11/8/2006, 01:02 PM
Dont be so high and mighty. The only difference between now and then is we now have instant press and a press that relishes in the distruction in of the U.S.

No, the only difference between then and now is that now we do **** that we villified the Soviet Union for, and a significant portion of our population is okay with it.

Reagan is spinning in his grave.

Widescreen
11/8/2006, 01:04 PM

DAMN THEM!
They're like Darth Sidious.

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/8/2006, 01:08 PM
To Imply that the Democrats have enough organization and skills in the political process is very laughable. I think elections have shown that most voters will vote for a dead person rather than any living politician

FaninAma
11/8/2006, 01:13 PM
To Imply that the Democrats have enough organization and skills in the political process is very laughable. I think elections have shown that most voters will vote for a dead person rather than any living politician

The Democrats would have doubled their gains had they presented any type of message other than "Vote for me because I'm not a Republican".

They suck and have put themselves in a position to be crushed in the next election, especially if the GOP puts up a good Presidential candidate.

TheHumanAlphabet
11/8/2006, 01:16 PM
Which I'm not sure they can. They had Congress handed to them, promised to do a good job and botched that up something fierce...

Gandalf_The_Grey
11/8/2006, 01:19 PM
The fact that they have a President with the lowest approval rating in the history of earth(and I am not a big fan of approval ratings but I have honestly not heard one person that says Bush is doing a great job) and only won what they did shows how big of asshats they are.