PDA

View Full Version : Want the Fans to be in a Frenzy Saturday Night?

tru2ou
11/8/2006, 10:18 AM
Before the OU team enters the field, play the video of the calls that happened in Lubbock last year. Then show the billboard they put up, and finally show Mike Leach saying "Henderson still hasnt been tackled". Then, let the team enter the field.

How crazy would that place be going if the video folks did something like this?

Do they have the guts to do it? I know the band will have to play the TT fight song before the game. Thanks Joe.

That place needs to be completely crazy on Saturday night.

- TRU

fadada1
11/8/2006, 10:21 AM
that would be hella sweet. i think they should show the phantom first down as well.

tru2ou
11/8/2006, 10:24 AM
that would be hella sweet. i think they should show the phantom first down as well.

Exactly. Show that call and then the one on the goal line. Including the ref running out and looking before he says TD. You could also include the TT players celebrating and getting in the faces of OU players that Nic Harris described in this mornings paper.

It gives me goose bumps just thinking about how nuts the place would be going.

- Tru

SoonerStormchaser
11/8/2006, 10:24 AM
The phantom first down call was worse than the phantom touchdown cause it was the more obvious of the two calls that were blown. And without that first down call, NO TOUCHDOWN!!!

I hate zebras...and whorespigs!

fadada1
11/8/2006, 10:26 AM
DESTROY THE ZEBRAS!!!!

BoonesFarmSooner
11/8/2006, 10:28 AM
Hope the student section shows up this week...

Last home game of the year, and revenge against the Sand Aggies

crimson&cream
11/8/2006, 11:14 AM

On another site they're calling for fans to bring small white hand towels to the game to wave like the fans do in the SEC i.e. Tenn and like at T- A&M it makes it look like the fans are really into it. It's an awesome sight.

caphorns
11/8/2006, 11:18 AM
On another site they're calling for fans to bring small white hand towels to the game to wave like the fans do in the SEC i.e. Tenn and like at T- A&M it makes it look like the fans are really into it. It's an awesome sight.

Do you really want to start a Seahawks type battle with the aggys? They started waving white flags long before the French revolution.

fadada1
11/8/2006, 11:18 AM
TOTALLY GAY!!!

the last thing i want is for us to be associated with tenn. and a&m.

how about we just be proud of who we are and YELL LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.

fadada1
11/8/2006, 11:19 AM
Do you really want to start a Seahawks type battle with the aggys? They started waving white flags long before the French revolution.
bear bryant invented the white towel.

MiccoMacey
11/8/2006, 11:22 AM
The phantom first down call was worse than the phantom touchdown cause it was the more obvious of the two calls that were blown...

I agree wholeheartedly.

The TD... I thought it was iffy, but the first down call was almost as blatant as the TD the refs gave to TTech when he didn't even catch the ball.

bluedogok
11/8/2006, 11:49 AM
Should be a MAN LAW - Thou shall not wave stupid little towels at sporting events.......

Flagstaffsooner
11/8/2006, 12:09 PM
Everybody bend over and drop trou.

BoonesFarmSooner
11/8/2006, 12:42 PM

MONEY!

snp
11/8/2006, 01:06 PM
Declare all Tequilla and Whisky in Norman to be half-off. You'll see a frenzy then.

OUMallen
11/8/2006, 01:16 PM
Anyone feel like this revenge game is shaping up to be like 52-9?

Seamus
11/8/2006, 01:19 PM
Declare all Tequilla and Whisky in Norman to be half-off. You'll see a frenzy then.

I'm definitely digging where you're going with this ...

https://www.glenmorangie.com/shop/shop-images/products/hi-res/madeira.jpg

sooneron
11/8/2006, 01:28 PM
Mmmm...

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/kawachi/img1016835679.jpeg

The Maestro
11/8/2006, 01:32 PM
Make those damn ROTC alcohol police bartenders for one game in the student section. Flasks are not only allowed, but encouraged. Run smack talk clips on the jumbotron. Show highlights of Hollis Price against TT in hoops. Have farked pictures of Booby Knight on the screen as well.

Oh, if I were only the OU AD!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
11/8/2006, 02:25 PM

But don't make it free, or they will all be passed out

crimson&cream
11/8/2006, 02:48 PM
TOTALLY GAY!!!

the last thing i want is for us to be associated with tenn. and a&m.

how about we just be proud of who we are and YELL LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW.
You need to face to face tell that to the Marine who suggested it on the other site and then see what or who's gay. Who cares if we look like somebody else if it looks awesome since better than 1/3 of our fans sit dicile with their hands under their butts and seemingly have taped up mouths. BTW the TU did that their first game handed out TU towels they gave me two- guess TU is GAY!
Then again I guess you could wave your undershorts--on second thought-NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOLARaider
11/8/2006, 03:43 PM
It would be a really awesome night if you would paint the words "12th Man" on your field to show that all the fans are really behind your team.

Pricetag
11/8/2006, 03:48 PM
Spin around, like a helicopter!

sooneron
11/8/2006, 04:07 PM
I think a mid field ceremony where the horsepigs are burned upon funeral pyre would fire up the crowd.

snp
11/8/2006, 04:54 PM
You need to face to face tell that to the Marine who suggested it on the other site and then see what or who's gay. Who cares if we look like somebody else if it looks awesome since better than 1/3 of our fans sit dicile with their hands under their butts and seemingly have taped up mouths. BTW the TU did that their first game handed out TU towels they gave me two- guess TU is GAY!
Then again I guess you could wave your undershorts--on second thought-NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This last post was worse than your other in this thread. I'd recommend a heavy dose of quit posting.

Let's all sway like Wheat, yell TIGER BAIT, and dress up our mascots like trees if you're all for stealing other people's traditions.

That last example correlates to the previous poster.

sooneron
11/8/2006, 05:49 PM
I would rather it be loud and not neato looking.

crimson&cream
11/8/2006, 06:53 PM
This last post was worse than your other in this thread. I'd recommend a heavy dose of quit posting.

Let's all sway like Wheat, yell TIGER BAIT, and dress up our mascots like trees if you're all for stealing other people's traditions.

That last example correlates to the previous poster.
Thats becuase you have a brain about like a BB in a boxcar! Besides if I wanted any lip off you I peel it off my zipper!

Jimminy Crimson
11/8/2006, 07:00 PM
Thats becuase you have a brain about like a BB in a boxcar! Besides if I wanted any lip off you I peel it off my zipper!

IBPB!

In Before Poster Baned!!!

:pop:

OK2LA
11/8/2006, 07:04 PM

Holy chit! How old are you?

sanantoniosooner
11/8/2006, 07:05 PM
nanny nanny boo boo

TheUnnamedSooner
11/8/2006, 07:09 PM
:pop:

OUstud
11/8/2006, 07:09 PM
Let's all sway like Wheat

Too bad our band decided to start that this year. We're not Aggies, cut it out.

franklinjake
11/8/2006, 09:05 PM

Dont think there will be a problem with that after last year!

Soonerus
11/8/2006, 09:54 PM
Let's just beat their asses...

sanantoniosooner
11/8/2006, 09:55 PM
excellent post.

Soonerus
11/8/2006, 10:01 PM
excellent post.

Geez, I feel so fulfilled, SAS approves my post....

goingoneight
11/8/2006, 10:03 PM
Want your fans in a frenzy??? Tell them right before the game that UT just got caught comping grades and paying football players, then tell them they'll play through the BIG 12 Title Game and the BCS berth of their choice before necessary action is taken. Then, tell them OSU is ragging on them. Then tell them Gordon Reise is officiating. Then, let the team do its magic.

:D

sanantoniosooner
11/8/2006, 10:05 PM
Geez, I feel so fulfilled, SAS approves my post....
Don't get used to it.

Usually they are pretty bad.

Soonerus
11/8/2006, 10:09 PM
Don't get used to it.

Usually they are pretty bad.

jealously rears its head in strange and unusual ways....like a post like that...

Flying Scotsman
11/8/2006, 10:13 PM
Death to the horsepigs!!

Death by Gunga?

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 10:16 PM
This thread has a ways to go to match the wankery of the Stephen McGee thread.

sanantoniosooner
11/8/2006, 10:19 PM
This thread has a ways to go to match the wankery of the Stephen McGee thread.
It needs a sponsorship also.

MissouriSooner
11/9/2006, 01:08 AM
Roger that.

Texas Golfer
11/9/2006, 01:22 AM
Before the OU team enters the field, play the video of the calls that happened in Lubbock last year. Then show the billboard they put up, and finally show Mike Leach saying "Henderson still hasnt been tackled". Then, let the team enter the field.

How crazy would that place be going if the video folks did something like this?

Do they have the guts to do it? I know the band will have to play the TT fight song before the game. Thanks Joe.

That place needs to be completely crazy on Saturday night.

- TRU

As much as I'd like to see those calls displayed on the jumbotron, it might upset the refs who may be part of last year's crew.

What we don't need is another victory stolen from us by the zebras. They could do it because we've already seen that the Big XII nor the NCAA will do anything about it.

fadada1
11/9/2006, 08:19 AM
You need to face to face tell that to the Marine who suggested it on the other site and then see what or who's gay.
i'll chime back in:

i don't give a crap WHO suggested it. it's f-ing stupid. ask any SOONER if they want to be associated with an aggie tradition (texas or oklahoma) and they'll say NO!!!!

as for suggesting that a marine gives credibility to the request.... again, i don't give a crap. i served the USA in the military (NAVY) for 4 1/2 years (and did things that most couldn't think of doing), and somehow that makes me an authority to decide on the traditions of the school from which i graduated (which, by the way is OU and U. of Florida)??? if i had that power, those rediculous horsepigs would've never been allowed near campus, let alone an OU football game.

we've got our own traditions at OU. i'm proud of the fact that i represented the OFFICIAL tradition/mascot at OU as a RUF/NEK. we don't need any "copy cat" traditions at OU. let them copy us if they can. WINNING is our tradition.

Seamus
11/9/2006, 02:19 PM
i'll chime back in:

we've got our own traditions at OU. i'm proud of the fact that i represented the OFFICIAL tradition/mascot at OU as a RUF/NEK. we don't need any "copy cat" traditions at OU. let them copy us if they can. WINNING is our tradition.

That pretty much ought to be the end of that argument, reason willing ...

sanantoniosooner
11/9/2006, 02:25 PM
I was hoping we would start dotting the "I" like tOSU.

starrca23
11/9/2006, 02:31 PM
Blah Blah Blah...