PDA

View Full Version : Eggsellent Centennial musical project

Okla-homey
11/8/2006, 10:14 AM
I picked up this two CD set being sold at Quik Trip this morning. Twenty bucks.

I literally squirted a tear or two listening on the way in. I'm telling you, you can't really appreciate the true value that is living in Oklahoma, until you've lived away. This music is so evocative of the State and People I love and which gave me so many opportunities.

The set is titled "Oklahoma Rising" and subtitled "A Salute To The Artists & Music of Oklahoma"

CD 1: Much historical musical greatness, including a compilation of legends including Gene Autry, Sheb Wooley, Leon Russell, Woody Guthrie, Roy Clark, Roger Miller, etc.

CD 2: Vince Gill singing the title track. Its amazing. Seriously.
Includes tracks by Okies: Garth, Reba, Brooks&Dunn, Restless Heart, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Joe Diffie, Bryan White, Blake Shelton, Katrina Elam, The Tractors, The Notorious Cherry Bombs, The All-American Rejects, The Flaming Lips, Kristin Chenowith, Hanson:O and Sandi Patti.

You should buy this thing. You'll be glad you did.

Disclaimer: I am not not now, nor have I ever been, involved in any business or financial relationship with the producers, management, marketers, retailers or artists who are featured thereon, or anyway responsible for this project. I have not been compensated for this recommendation nor is any compensation due me. This personal recommendation does not imply, or in any way connote, an official or implied warranty by me, my heirs or assigns (or those responsible for "Soonerfans.com") that the purchaser will be completely satisfied with the subjective artistic quality of the project. Any complaints should properly directed to the the producers, proprietors at the point of sale, their corporate offices, or possibly the retailers of the audio equipement on which the discs are played. This disclaimer does not constitute an exhaustive listing of your rights as a consumer under state and federal law. Dissatisfied purchasers are invited to review local and federal statutes in force and/or consult an attorney licensed to practice within their jurisdiction for a complete summary of their rights. In other words, if you buy it, and think it succs, that's on you.

Xstnlsooner
11/8/2006, 10:23 AM
Katrina Elam is from OK?? She's hot!!

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/8/2006, 10:26 AM
That's awesome...I'm gonna buy it, too.

Thanks, teh Homey!

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 10:33 AM
I gotta buy it too.....btw, the Oklahoma Centennial stamp is a potrait of the Cimarron river about 1/4 mile south of my home in Perkins..

Xstnlsooner
11/8/2006, 10:35 AM
Isn't that chicken shack in the corner of the stamp your house???

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 10:37 AM
Isn't that chicken shack in the corner of the stamp your house???

Yep......a 112 year old chicken shack. :D

Rhino
11/8/2006, 01:00 PM
I've been meaning to buy it, even though the price is a bit steep.

I'm still upset that they didn't include more non-country Oklahoma artists like Caroline's Spine, Mollys Yes, The Nixons, Huver, Wakeland, Starlight Mints, Chainsaw Kittens, Aqueduct, Defenestration, Debris, etc. Their song selection is very genre-narrow.

And, I'm upset that the Oklahoma Film & Music Office wasn't even consulted in the process.

Petro-Sooner
11/8/2006, 02:03 PM
Katrina Elam is from OK?? She's hot!!

Without a doubt. Where is she from?

OU4LIFE
11/8/2006, 02:10 PM
Yep......a 112 year old chicken shack. :D

minus a few chickens.

OU4LIFE
11/8/2006, 02:11 PM
Without a doubt. Where is she from?

we covered this already. OKLAHOMA.

Petro-Sooner
11/8/2006, 02:12 PM
we covered this already. OKLAHOMA.

Yes, but from what city, town, or stump did she crawl out of?

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 02:16 PM
minus a few chickens.

:mad: :les: Chicken Killer!!!

OU4LIFE
11/8/2006, 02:22 PM
a mans gotta eat.

SoonerInKCMO
11/8/2006, 02:44 PM
Yes, but from what city, town, or stump did she crawl out of?

Bray. Just east of Marlow. Wherever the **** that is.

SoonerInKCMO
11/8/2006, 02:48 PM
I've been meaning to buy it, even though the price is a bit steep.

I'm still upset that they didn't include more non-country Oklahoma artists like Caroline's Spine, Mollys Yes, The Nixons, Huver, Wakeland, Starlight Mints, Chainsaw Kittens, Aqueduct, Defenestration, Debris, etc. Their song selection is very genre-narrow.

And, I'm upset that the Oklahoma Film & Music Office wasn't even consulted in the process.

Now Rhino, we wouldn't want to mislead anyone and make them think Oklahomans are anything other than the bunch of hawg jowl eatin', country music makin', farm/oil patch/one-stoplight town livin', inbreedin' rednecks that we are.

OU4LIFE
11/8/2006, 03:00 PM
:les: YEEEEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 03:25 PM
http://www.thejournalok.com/images/tnh_1766.jpg

soonersweetie
11/8/2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the info, being here in San Diego I would never have known about this. I'll pick one up for myself and for my dad for Christmas.