PDA

View Full Version : Goddamn aggies.

GottaHavePride
11/8/2006, 01:04 AM
OK, so a group I'm in has entered a music competition. Big deal, final round is in Toronto in January or something. Well, the first round (of three) is this weekend in Stillwater. That sucks enough, but we figured "hey, we play at 1:15 so we can get the heck out before their 6 pm game and make it to the OU game."

Goddamn aggies moved their kickoff time to 11:30 am. So now not only will traffic suck *** getting TO Stillwater, but if we're delayed at all it will suck *** even harder getting back OUT of Stillwater because we'll be trying to leave town at about the same time their game is ending. And there's only that one crappy little highway back to 35. Which means we'll be perilously close to missing part of the OU game. ****.

Frozen Sooner
11/8/2006, 01:20 AM
OK, so a group I'm in has entered a music competition. Big deal, final round is in Toronto in January or something. Well, the first round (of three) is this weekend in Stillwater. That sucks enough, but we figured "hey, we play at 1:15 so we can get the heck out before their 6 pm game and make it to the OU game."

Goddamn aggies moved their kickoff time to 11:30 am. So now not only will traffic suck *** getting TO Stillwater, but if we're delayed at all it will suck *** even harder getting back OUT of Stillwater because we'll be trying to leave town at about the same time their game is ending. And there's only that one crappy little highway back to 35. Which means we'll be perilously close to missing part of the OU game. ****.

Yeah, like there's going to be traffic at an OSU game. Once you get past the first three slow-moving farm equipment signs, you should be in the clear.

GottaHavePride
11/8/2006, 01:22 AM
Hey, this is no slouch team they're playing - this is Baylor. I'd give Baylor a better-than-even chance of stomping a mudhole in the Pokes.

crawfish
11/8/2006, 08:51 AM
Yeah, like there's going to be traffic at an OSU game. Once you get past the first three slow-moving farm equipment signs, you should be in the clear.

Dude...1000 tractors are tough to deal with.

colleyvillesooner
11/8/2006, 08:53 AM
Hey, this is no slouch team they're playing - this is Baylor. I'd give Baylor a better-than-even chance of stomping a mudhole in the Pokes.

If they still had Shawn Bell, maybe.

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 09:54 AM
If you want I can tell you my secret route for getting the hell out of Stoolwater.......

OUDoc
11/8/2006, 10:04 AM
If you want I can tell you my secret route for getting the hell out of Stoolwater.......
Flush?

IB4OU2
11/8/2006, 10:18 AM
Flush?

Close....:)...actually take 177 south to 33 then drive west on 33 to Guthrie and take 35 south to Norman.

ultimatesooner1
11/8/2006, 10:23 AM
Close....:)...actually take 177 south to 33 then drive west on 33 to Guthrie and take 35 south to Norman.

I was going to suggest the same thing, you could even take 177 all the way to I40 and then cut over to Norman and aviod I35 all together

Frozen Sooner
11/8/2006, 11:40 AM
Flush?

When you're already in the septic tank, flushing doesn't help.

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 11:45 AM

Or depending on where the event is taking place if he's anywhere near Western he could take it on south to 33.

Or take 51 west to Coyle road and then hit 33 just outside of Coyle.

177 and 51 on game days are horrible . . . we've got a birthday party down south on Saturday so hopefully we won't have to deal with the traffic too much ourselves.

fadada1
11/8/2006, 11:47 AM
don't go in the first place???

BeetDigger
11/8/2006, 11:53 AM

Meanwhile, over on the Aggie board someone is bitching that all the traffic to the music event at 1:15 will interfere with the 100 people who are trying to get to the football game.

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 11:59 AM
Of course there is a silver lining in this whole thing (at least for me). The change in game time is gettin' me out of going to some freakin' fall party also scheduled that day. :D

I think I'd get disowned if I missed my nieces birthday party though . . .

GottaHavePride
11/8/2006, 12:03 PM
Meanwhile, over on the Aggie board someone is bitching that all the traffic to the music event at 1:15 will interfere with the 100 people who are trying to get to the football game.

Heh. No chance. At the "state" level there are only two groups entering - mine and a trombone quartet from OSU.

I hope they're all in the marching band and ****ed that they aren't at the game.

soonerbrat
11/8/2006, 12:04 PM
don't go down 35 to norman..go down sooner road.

GottaHavePride
11/8/2006, 12:06 PM
True. That's the other thing. Gameday traffic into Norman will be in full effect on our way back.

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 12:07 PM
or you could go down 177 to I-40 and then hit highway 9 from the Bethel exit.

mdklatt
11/8/2006, 12:08 PM
True. That's the other thing. Gameday traffic into Norman will be in full effect on our way back.

You need one of these (http://www.rotorway.com/).

GottaHavePride
11/8/2006, 12:08 PM
oh HELL yes.

Phil
11/8/2006, 12:25 PM
I have an even better route. Take the Turner Turnpike from OKC to Chandler. Take Highway 18 north to 33. Jog west on 33, then take 108 north to 51. Hang a left and head into Stooltown from the east. I used this route the last time we played up there and it worked like a charm, both on the way and on the way back. One hour after the final gun, we sat down to eat at Texas Roadhouse there at Penn and Memorial.

As a bonus for you, since you're headed to Norman, you could take 177 on the way back and go down to 240 and over to Sooner Road, or you could go all the way down to Highway 9 and come in that way.

Sooner_Bob
11/8/2006, 12:30 PM
See, there's tons of ways into (and out of) my lovely current town of residence. :D