PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Computer geeks (again)!!

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 09:14 PM
I use toshiba laptop and it has Millenium ME. Recently I got rid of IE and went with a different browser (firefox). Firefox is not impressive (I seem to have some issues w/it...and I want to go back to IE...problem is that I deleted IE and now I can't figure out how to get it back on here. It won't let me put the newest IE on here either because I use Millenium, so someone help please!:(
T.I.A.

OUDoc
11/7/2006, 09:31 PM
I don't think it's possible to delete IE. It's gotta be there somewhere.

BTW, I've got a Toshiba Satellite with Win ME. I just don't use it anymore. :D

soonerboomer93
11/7/2006, 09:37 PM
correct, IE is integrated into the OS, to my knowledge you can not actually delete it

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 09:56 PM
I don't think it's possible to delete IE. It's gotta be there somewhere.

BTW, I've got a Toshiba Satellite with Win ME. I just don't use it anymore. :D
Yep this is a Satellite as well. Trust me, if I could afford a new desktop right now I would. Problem is I can't, so I'm stuck with this laptop and firefox that has caused errors the last couple hours. I wish I could find IE on here somewhere so I can throw it back on my desktop and use it again.

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 09:56 PM
correct, IE is integrated into the OS, to my knowledge you can not actually delete it
Hmm. Well how can I find it?

Sooner_Bob
11/7/2006, 09:58 PM
Add/Remove Software . . . add window's components and check the IE box.

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 10:11 PM
I know where add/remove programs is..but not add/remove software.

OU-HSV
11/7/2006, 10:29 PM
Ok, thanks for your help you guys. I found it and got it back on my desktop. Now I just have to get rid of the crappy firefox.

Sooner_Bob
11/7/2006, 10:49 PM
Firefox ain't crappy . . . Windows ME, now that's crappy.

:D

booomer
11/7/2006, 10:49 PM
OU-HSV try maxthon.

It's a great browser and it may work with ME.

www.maxthon.com (http://www.maxthon.com)

It's a tabbed browser and has a lot of good security features built into it.

RacerX
11/7/2006, 11:32 PM
It is possible to unistall it. If you did go here -

IE 6 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1e1550cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en)

If you didn't, put a new short cut on your desktop,

49r
11/8/2006, 10:20 AM
Yep this is a Satellite as well. Trust me, if I could afford a new desktop right now I would. Problem is I can't, so I'm stuck with this laptop and firefox that has caused errors the last couple hours. I wish I could find IE on here somewhere so I can throw it back on my desktop and use it again.

If you can't afford a replacement, then at the very minimum...for the love of Pete...at least upgrade to Win2000. You can probably find a copy laying around somewhere that someone would let you have for free at this point.

OU-HSV
11/8/2006, 07:48 PM
Firefox ain't crappy . . . Windows ME, now that's crappy.

:D
Heh, I know..I know! :D

OU-HSV
11/8/2006, 07:50 PM
OU-HSV try maxthon.

It's a great browser and it may work with ME.

www.maxthon.com (http://www.maxthon.com)

It's a tabbed browser and has a lot of good security features built into it.
Hmm..I might check that out. Thanks.

If you can't afford a replacement, then at the very minimum...for the love of Pete...at least upgrade to Win2000. You can probably find a copy laying around somewhere that someone would let you have for free at this point
Now that's an idea. That would at least get me through this computer slump for the next few months til I can get a new desktop.