PDA

View Full Version : Oregon ref crew - did they serve their suspension?

OK2LA
11/7/2006, 08:13 PM
I remember that they were supposed to serve their suspension, but that they weren't able to because of a "shortage of crews". I think that they ended up having to do the suc/asu game the next week. Did anyone ever hear if they served their suspension. *

*thread disclaimer: I really am over it - just never heard anything about it.

sanantoniosooner
11/7/2006, 08:20 PM
I don't know if all of the crew members have, but I know some of them have served their suspension.

sanantoniosooner
11/7/2006, 08:23 PM
And don't ask me for a link.

This is one time that you either believe it or not. Not all those refs were incompetent. Sucks to be a good guy on that crew. And I can't say any more.

olevetonahill
11/7/2006, 08:25 PM
Here and there YW:twinkies:

MamaMia
11/7/2006, 08:48 PM
They should have been made to pick up trash on the side of the road, in Oklahoma. ;)

OUinFLA
11/7/2006, 10:24 PM
They should have been made to pick up trash on the side of the road, in Oklahoma. ;)

I do wish y'all would quit bringing up my ex-wife.

olevetonahill
11/7/2006, 11:08 PM
I do wish y'all would quit bringing up my ex-wife.
But Bill I picked her up and brought her for a visit . You did seem less than enthusiastic :D

emoinwinter
11/7/2006, 11:09 PM
Here is what is really sad about it all. I'm sure some of the weeks not all of the refs are needed, so they just keep some of them at home. I'm sure the week they didn't need those refs, they would call that their "suspension." They were already going to stay home anyway! How is that a suspension?

This is most likely true, because the week that they do need them, they don't serve their suspension. That is the whole point of a suspension! Have them not work when they are needed! When Miami players are suspended, they don't let the University say "We really need the players this week. We'll have them sitout during their bye week."

That is essentially what they did with these refs.

sanantoniosooner
11/7/2006, 11:12 PM
Here is what is really sad about it all. I'm sure some of the weeks not all of the refs are needed, so they just keep some of them at home. I'm sure the week they didn't need those refs, they would call that their "suspension." They were already going to stay home anyway! How is that a suspension?

This is most likely true, because the week that they do need them, they don't serve their suspension. That is the whole point of a suspension! Have them not work when they are needed! When Miami players are suspended, they don't let the University say "We really need the players this week. We'll have them sitout during their bye week."

That is essentially what they did with these refs.
You're pretty good at supposing something and then getting pi55ed off about it.

soonerjoker
11/8/2006, 11:13 AM
i really don't care. the best part was that it made the national news.

the guy in the booth quit for the whole year. that's the only good part.

caphorns
11/8/2006, 11:15 AM
Stop picking on the elderly.

soonerjoker
11/8/2006, 11:17 AM
i'm more elderly than they are.

MiccoMacey
11/8/2006, 11:24 AM
Stop picking on the elderly.

Hit too close to home? ;)

soonersam
11/8/2006, 03:12 PM
they spent the weekoff at the Ritz Carlaton Hawaii compliments of Mike Belotti and that Nike dork

OklahomaRed
11/8/2006, 03:12 PM
Making the news and being able to point to the suspension helped me living in Texas in regards to having evidence that the officiating was actually the cause of the game's outcome.

The semi-funny thing about it (not funny to O.U. because we should be in the top 10), is the fact that the loss in the BCS computer rankings actually serves to keeping texass (the university) out of the NC game. :D

I_SMELL_FEAR
11/8/2006, 04:04 PM
When Miami players are suspended, they let the University say "We really dont need the players this week. We'll have them sitout during their Duke week."

Fixed.